Reply
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1825
  1. #121
    Banned Hadouken91's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Age: 29
    Posts: 1,098
    Rep Power: 0
    Hadouken91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hadouken91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hadouken91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hadouken91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hadouken91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hadouken91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hadouken91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hadouken91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hadouken91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hadouken91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hadouken91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hadouken91 is offline
    I'm confused because you say to stretch the quads not the hamstrings, and to work the hamstrings not the quads.

    Can someone explain this to me?

    Is it still okay if I do leg press?
    Reply With Quote

  2. #122
    Banned user58374's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
    Age: 32
    Posts: 1,114
    Rep Power: 0
    user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    user58374 is offline
    also, brobrah. did you notice yourself a little taller or shorter before and after? how about your walking? How much has that improved. Are you able to run any faster?
    Reply With Quote

  3. #123
    Registered User jam88's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Age: 29
    Posts: 1,488
    Rep Power: 670
    jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    jam88 is offline
    haha! your picture comes up on the first page(3rd row for me) of google image results when i search "excessive anterior pelvic tilt".

    You're famous brah!



    EDIT: Back on topic here, Today I was doing a core workout and right after i finished doing some leg raises I felt something really weird, which I suspect may be related to my recent APT correction efforts. Every time i raised my leg up towards my body, at about 90 degrees(ie perpendicular to my body) my hip flexor (or whichever muscle is on the upper outer thigh) would go crazy, tense up and become rock hard. It was NOT extremely painful but ive never felt anything like it before.

    So, I busted out my foam roller and BAM, instant relief. Any ideas as to what this could be? I just started foam rolling a week or two ago, and i stretch my hip flexors multiple times everyday; which why I feel like it is relevant to this thread.
    Last edited by jam88; 03-27-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #124
    Registered User TheBroBrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 8,204
    Rep Power: 8049
    TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    TheBroBrah is offline
    Originally Posted by DGBoutte View Post
    TheBroBrah i think i fixed my APT. I did a very long stretch on my hip muscles and i felt a blood/urine rushing sensation down my groin area. I feel a lot looser... Maybe because i stretched my entire body with a 2hours of yoga techniques. Is it normal for that to happen the way it did though? (How did you know your APT was fixed btw).
    If you've only been working at it for a couple days i highly doubt you've fixed it. It's normal to feel better the first couple days you start doing it. But until that curve is gone you haven't gotten rid of it. You will know it's fixed when your gut isn't sticking out and your belt line isn't at an angle.

    Originally Posted by Hadouken91 View Post
    I'm confused because you say to stretch the quads not the hamstrings, and to work the hamstrings not the quads.

    Can someone explain this to me?

    Is it still okay if I do leg press?
    Because, when you have APT the hamstrings are already loose and weak, and need to be strengthened. Which is why i don't recommend you stretching them because it may be counter productive. I recommend you to do ATG squats (really deep) so that you can get a good contraction on the glutes.

    Originally Posted by DGBoutte View Post
    also, brobrah. did you notice yourself a little taller or shorter before and after? how about your walking? How much has that improved. Are you able to run any faster?
    When someone has good posture they will instantly look taller, someone with a slouched posture will obviously look shorter. This is another reason as to why posture is so important in all aspects of your life. It also portrays confidence. Walking has improved, i no longer get knee, back, or hip pain. I've always been able to run fast so I'm not really sure if it made me run faster. I'm sure it helped in the slightest bit though.

    Originally Posted by jam88 View Post
    haha! your picture comes up on the first page(3rd row for me) of google image results when i search "excessive anterior pelvic tilt".

    You're famous brah!



    EDIT: Back on topic here, Today I was doing a core workout and right after i finished doing some leg raises I felt something really weird, which I suspect may be related to my recent APT correction efforts. Every time i raised my leg up towards my body, at about 90 degrees(ie perpendicular to my body) my hip flexor (or whichever muscle is on the upper outer thigh) would go crazy, tense up and become rock hard. It was NOT extremely painful but ive never felt anything like it before.

    So, I busted out my foam roller and BAM, instant relief. Any ideas as to what this could be? I just started foam rolling a week or two ago, and i stretch my hip flexors multiple times everyday; which why I feel like it is relevant to this thread.
    Lol'd brah, didn't show up for me


    I have no clue, maybe a muscle spasm? That's really my only guess. I've never heard of that before.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #125
    currently noob gaining. biggerplz09's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Age: 28
    Posts: 3,189
    Rep Power: 530
    biggerplz09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biggerplz09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biggerplz09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biggerplz09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biggerplz09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biggerplz09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biggerplz09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biggerplz09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biggerplz09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biggerplz09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biggerplz09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    biggerplz09 is offline
    glad this is a sticky. looked in the mirror, felt my posture was weird. wasn't sure how to describe it. gonna give this a shot.
    -2011 Carpe Diem Crew-
    Reply With Quote

  6. #126
    Banned user58374's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
    Age: 32
    Posts: 1,114
    Rep Power: 0
    user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    user58374 is offline
    brobrah, can the APT return if you quit doing the exercises after it is fixed? i really want to know this so i can motivate myself to continue doing stretching (since i already feel it helping)
    Reply With Quote

  7. #127
    ATG or die K0pe's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: New Jersey, United States
    Age: 27
    Posts: 257
    Rep Power: 168
    K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    K0pe is offline
    Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    When someone has good posture they will instantly look taller, someone with a slouched posture will obviously look shorter. This is another reason as to why posture is so important in all aspects of your life. It also portrays confidence. Walking has improved, i no longer get knee, back, or hip pain. I've always been able to run fast so I'm not really sure if it made me run faster. I'm sure it helped in the slightest bit though.
    That's so true. I never had low self esteem, but I wasn't exactly that confident. Ever since my APT has gotten way better. (Not even completely fixed yet but a much noticable change) and my posture improved I feel so much more confident. Just walking around with my head up instead of being slouched forward gives me some kind of mental thing where I feel so much better and more confident haha.

    I'm getting close to completely fixing it! Only bad thing is, since I'm broke, I had to buy a ****ty white foam roller and it lost it's firmness in the middle after like 3 weeks so I have to roll on the edges of the roller lol.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #128
    Registered User jam88's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Age: 29
    Posts: 1,488
    Rep Power: 670
    jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    jam88 is offline
    Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    Lol'd brah, didn't show up for me
    Reply With Quote

  9. #129
    Registered User TheBroBrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 8,204
    Rep Power: 8049
    TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    TheBroBrah is offline
    Originally Posted by biggerplz09 View Post
    glad this is a sticky. looked in the mirror, felt my posture was weird. wasn't sure how to describe it. gonna give this a shot.
    Feel free to post pics man, you might have something else.

    Originally Posted by DGBoutte View Post
    brobrah, can the APT return if you quit doing the exercises after it is fixed? i really want to know this so i can motivate myself to continue doing stretching (since i already feel it helping)
    Yeah it can come back, i would recommend to always foam roll and stretch. It's not just helpful when you have APT, but it helps in your overall physical health. Stretching doesn't take to much outta your day, the best time to do it is after your workout, that way you have no excuse not to do it.

    Originally Posted by K0pe View Post
    That's so true. I never had low self esteem, but I wasn't exactly that confident. Ever since my APT has gotten way better. (Not even completely fixed yet but a much noticable change) and my posture improved I feel so much more confident. Just walking around with my head up instead of being slouched forward gives me some kind of mental thing where I feel so much better and more confident haha.

    I'm getting close to completely fixing it! Only bad thing is, since I'm broke, I had to buy a ****ty white foam roller and it lost it's firmness in the middle after like 3 weeks so I have to roll on the edges of the roller lol.
    Yeah exactly man, i now look at everyone's posture and judge them based on it lol. Maybe a little bit overboard. It's amazing isn't it, how much one simple change can make you more confident. It also makes your shoulders look wider too. Lolz yeah that's exactly why i bought a quality foam roller, ya dun goofed. Oh well, as long as you can still foam roll :P


    Originally Posted by jam88 View Post
    lol'd hard. That's sweet though I've always wanted to be famous.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #130
    Banned Tomi_Li's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Posts: 2,822
    Rep Power: 0
    Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tomi_Li is offline
    Brobrah, I thought the term was lordosis? Anyway, I have it and I want to know how many minutes/hours a day you have done to fix it? You say you fixed it in 2 months but how much did you do a day?

    I am going to try it out, what types of stretches should I do? Is it okay if I just do the exercises in the videos you posted + foam roll exercises?
    Last edited by Tomi_Li; 03-29-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #131
    Banned user58374's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
    Age: 32
    Posts: 1,114
    Rep Power: 0
    user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    user58374 is offline
    Originally Posted by Tomi_Li View Post
    Brobrah, I thought the term was lordosis? Anyway, I have it and I want to know how many minutes/hours a day you have done to fix it? You say you fixed it in 2 months but how much did you do a day?

    I am going to try it out, what types of stretches should I do? Is it okay if I just do the exercises in the videos you posted + foam roll exercises?
    I just started fixing my APT and im feeling better everyday. I think i could answer the question of how often to do the exercises to notice dramatic changes in the first few days like i have. You need to be obsessed with it. You need to stand straight every chance you get, its hard at first but trust me it gets easier and easier. I find myself doing the exercises every hour. I learned the best thing to do is stay active while fixing your APT. I think everytime you sit or lay down, your back will curve again. I spend maybe 30min a day sitting down and i tell myself that is too much so i am even more obsessive and work even harder during the exercises. Also, i noticed when you sleep at night.. NEVER sleep on the side of your back. Sleep flat on your back instead. You will wakeup so STIFF the next morning. Thats the best advice i can help you with my experience so far and im doing GREAT.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #132
    Registered User TheBroBrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 8,204
    Rep Power: 8049
    TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    TheBroBrah is offline
    Originally Posted by DGBoutte View Post
    I just started fixing my APT and im feeling better everyday. I think i could answer the question of how often to do the exercises to notice dramatic changes in the first few days like i have. You need to be obsessed with it. You need to stand straight every chance you get, its hard at first but trust me it gets easier and easier. I find myself doing the exercises every hour. I learned the best thing to do is stay active while fixing your APT. I think everytime you sit or lay down, your back will curve again. I spend maybe 30min a day sitting down and i tell myself that is too much so i am even more obsessive and work even harder during the exercises. Also, i noticed when you sleep at night.. NEVER sleep on the side of your back. Sleep flat on your back instead. You will wakeup so STIFF the next morning. Thats the best advice i can help you with my experience so far and im doing GREAT.
    Good post. You are right.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #133
    Banned Tomi_Li's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Posts: 2,822
    Rep Power: 0
    Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tomi_Li is offline
    I can' fall asleep on my back, I always have to sleep on side.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #134
    Banned user58374's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
    Age: 32
    Posts: 1,114
    Rep Power: 0
    user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    user58374 is offline
    Originally Posted by Tomi_Li View Post
    I can' fall asleep on my back, I always have to sleep on side.
    that is because of your posture my friend. just continue doing your exercises and try your best to sleep on your back at night. it took me only 2-3 nights to get used to sleeping on my back. thoughts in your brain telling you that you can not do it is apart of this entire process. you have to really want it so badly that these thoughts will turn out motivating you. good luck
    Reply With Quote

  15. #135
    Getting my Durantula on FryDude's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Canada
    Age: 31
    Posts: 19,116
    Rep Power: 22689
    FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    FryDude is offline
    I can't contract my glutes for the life of me... how do I squeeze my glutes? I can contract my anus rofl
    Reply With Quote

  16. #136
    Registered User Resolution's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2006
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 30
    Posts: 1,754
    Rep Power: 2967
    Resolution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Resolution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Resolution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Resolution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Resolution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Resolution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Resolution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Resolution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Resolution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Resolution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Resolution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Resolution is offline
    Originally Posted by FryDude View Post
    I can't contract my glutes for the life of me... how do I squeeze my glutes? I can contract my anus rofl


    Lol, apologies. I dont understand how you can't contract your glutes, sit down in a firm chair, and try and lift yourself an inch in the air just using your glutes, feel like your trying to pull your cheeks together and slightly back.
    Misc Golf Crew
    Reply With Quote

  17. #137
    Getting my Durantula on FryDude's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Canada
    Age: 31
    Posts: 19,116
    Rep Power: 22689
    FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    FryDude is offline
    Originally Posted by Resolution View Post


    Lol, apologies. I dont understand how you can't contract your glutes, sit down in a firm chair, and try and lift yourself an inch in the air just using your glutes, feel like your trying to pull your cheeks together and slightly back.
    lol just tried it and I can't do it. I've tried doing lying bridges and I can't even get my glutes to work, I don't even know.

    I just may video tape the attempt so you can all laugh.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #138
    Registered User 1cesc's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Age: 40
    Posts: 16
    Rep Power: 0
    1cesc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1cesc is offline
    TheBroBrah, you are the ****ing man. I have had excessive APT for ages now and I knew it was 'cause of my ****ty posture and MMOs that I played hours every day for years. I tried a bunch of corrective exercises over the years but nothing seemed to work (there's a paucity of photographic evidence of people actually correcting their APT for some reason, which makes it seem like nothing can really fix it). Then I randomly came upon your post (I had always searched for ways to "correct lordosis" rather than APT). Anyways, I bought a foam roller and started rolling my quads and hip flexors last week and started sleeping on my back a couple days ago and all I can say is...you are the ****ing man. I can wear clothes without worrying about ugly monkey butt and I have half the hip and back pain after work outs (and even sleep) that I used to. +rep, +karma

    Wish I had taken pictures for others to see... ah well. All I can say is, just do the foam rolling, static stretches and sleep on your back. It's only been a week and my APT is more than half gone. Booyah!
    Reply With Quote

  19. #139
    Neckbeard -Lucifer's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2007
    Posts: 78,770
    Rep Power: 26307
    -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    -Lucifer is offline
    Reply With Quote

  20. #140
    I love lamp NWDub's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Posts: 13,082
    Rep Power: 31890
    NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    NWDub is offline
    my mom bought one of these and i was like "eh da fuark would i use that for". I ended up asking her to barrow it indefinitely while im in college lol. All dem years of vidya gaming comin back to haunt me in my early lifting days here. And i thought being fat was the only bad thing about the vidya ( i was always skinny so i thought i was solid vidya'in for like 8 hours a day or whatever)
    Reply With Quote

  21. #141
    Getting my Durantula on FryDude's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Canada
    Age: 31
    Posts: 19,116
    Rep Power: 22689
    FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    FryDude is offline
    Use a baseball instead of a foam rollers is more effective at releasing your piriformis/glute region. I can actually contract my glutes now, just not when I'm walking lol.

    Rolled on it for 15-20 mins (off/on of course) and I feel like I prepared my anus and then someone took advantage.
    Reply With Quote

  22. #142
    Preparing My Return Khryz's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2004
    Location: United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 3,693
    Rep Power: 2819
    Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Khryz is offline
    What about some kyphosis?

    Is that just standing straighter or are there any muscles involved?
    I've still got a lot to learn.
    Reply With Quote

  23. #143
    Registered User TheBroBrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 8,204
    Rep Power: 8049
    TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    TheBroBrah is offline
    Originally Posted by Khryz View Post
    What about some kyphosis?

    Is that just standing straighter or are there any muscles involved?
    Stand straighter. Kyphosis can be your genetics, or you may have over developed anterior deltoids and you need to work on your posterior chain more. Also, i had kyphosis as well. When you have APT most likely you will have kyphosis too. Either way it's fixable. Fix your posture.

    Originally Posted by FryDude View Post
    Use a baseball instead of a foam rollers is more effective at releasing your piriformis/glute region. I can actually contract my glutes now, just not when I'm walking lol.

    Rolled on it for 15-20 mins (off/on of course) and I feel like I prepared my anus and then someone took advantage.
    fuark screw that this isn't a competition to see how can inflict the most pain on themselves haha :P. I'm sure it probably works though.

    Originally Posted by NWDub View Post
    my mom bought one of these and i was like "eh da fuark would i use that for". I ended up asking her to barrow it indefinitely while im in college lol. All dem years of vidya gaming comin back to haunt me in my early lifting days here. And i thought being fat was the only bad thing about the vidya ( i was always skinny so i thought i was solid vidya'in for like 8 hours a day or whatever)
    lolz, my mom borrows mine after i showed her. It helps a lot, i probably shouldn't have showed my mom.

    Originally Posted by 1cesc View Post
    TheBroBrah, you are the ****ing man. I have had excessive APT for ages now and I knew it was 'cause of my ****ty posture and MMOs that I played hours every day for years. I tried a bunch of corrective exercises over the years but nothing seemed to work (there's a paucity of photographic evidence of people actually correcting their APT for some reason, which makes it seem like nothing can really fix it). Then I randomly came upon your post (I had always searched for ways to "correct lordosis" rather than APT). Anyways, I bought a foam roller and started rolling my quads and hip flexors last week and started sleeping on my back a couple days ago and all I can say is...you are the ****ing man. I can wear clothes without worrying about ugly monkey butt and I have half the hip and back pain after work outs (and even sleep) that I used to. +rep, +karma

    Wish I had taken pictures for others to see... ah well. All I can say is, just do the foam rolling, static stretches and sleep on your back. It's only been a week and my APT is more than half gone. Booyah!

    Appreciate the support mate. It's a lot simpler than people think it is. Yeah man, i always hated the monkey but, i used to think it was just because i had a big ass... But it ended up being a posture problem. I would love to see some pics man. Glad to hear you are doing well.
    Reply With Quote

  24. #144
    Preparing My Return Khryz's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2004
    Location: United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 3,693
    Rep Power: 2819
    Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Khryz is offline
    Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    Stand straighter. Kyphosis can be your genetics, or you may have over developed anterior deltoids and you need to work on your posterior chain more. Also, i had kyphosis as well. When you have APT most likely you will have kyphosis too. Either way it's fixable. Fix your posture.
    A big reason why I feel I have some slight kyphosis is because I hit my growth spurt earlier than most of my class when I was younger, so I was hanging out with midgets in comparison and probably slouched a lot.
    I've still got a lot to learn.
    Reply With Quote

  25. #145
    Registered User TheBroBrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 8,204
    Rep Power: 8049
    TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    TheBroBrah is offline
    Originally Posted by Khryz View Post
    A big reason why I feel I have some slight kyphosis is because I hit my growth spurt earlier than most of my class when I was younger, so I was hanging out with midgets in comparison and probably slouched a lot.
    lol'd. Look who's a manlet now! Haha jk man I'm a manlet too. Nah but srs, i used to slouch all the time too. I never listened to my teachers when they told me how important posture was.
    Reply With Quote

  26. #146
    I like reptilian beef backinbusiness's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2007
    Location: Arizona, United States
    Posts: 14,102
    Rep Power: 39006
    backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    backinbusiness is offline
    Its been about a month now....I am lot better, but I went to the gym a few weeks ago and I feel like it put me a week back in progress. I'm gonna continue stretching for another month before I go back again.

    The main thing -- by the end of my work day now I am no longer completely tight across my back! Its incredible. I'll post an updated pic in the next few days and see where I am at.
    Misc Firearm Crew. 2nd Amendment cannot be Interpreted.
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
    2020 Goal: Continue triggering leftist R&P phaggot deranged posters
    Reply With Quote

  27. #147
    Registered User Goldfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Posts: 477
    Rep Power: 479
    Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Goldfurnace is offline
    bro brah quick question, although you told others repetedly the hamstrings are long and loose in the tilt of the pelvis but mine are super tight, unstretchable and hard.

    I have the same thing you had in the beginning picture, that ass and distented gut yet my hammies are super tight and short...
    Reply With Quote

  28. #148
    Registered User TheBroBrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 8,204
    Rep Power: 8049
    TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    TheBroBrah is offline
    Originally Posted by Goldfurnace View Post
    bro brah quick question, although you told others repetedly the hamstrings are long and loose in the tilt of the pelvis but mine are super tight, unstretchable and hard.

    I have the same thing you had in the beginning picture, that ass and distented gut yet my hammies are super tight and short...
    See that's the thing though, i thought the same thing when i had APT. You may think your hamstrings are tight but they aren't. When you have APT you will think your hamstrings are tight and short, but it's just the way the APT is portraying it. Once you fix your APT you will notice you can touch your toes again. So it's hard for me to explain, but basically your hamstrings are loose and long but your APT causes mobility problems.

    Originally Posted by backinbusiness View Post
    Its been about a month now....I am lot better, but I went to the gym a few weeks ago and I feel like it put me a week back in progress. I'm gonna continue stretching for another month before I go back again.

    The main thing -- by the end of my work day now I am no longer completely tight across my back! Its incredible. I'll post an updated pic in the next few days and see where I am at.
    Glad too hear man. Lookin forward to seein some pics (no homo).
    Reply With Quote

  29. #149
    Surfing Chia Seed Dude SOJA's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Posts: 17,533
    Rep Power: 95235
    SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    SOJA is offline
    Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    lol'd. Look who's a manlet now! Haha jk man I'm a manlet too. Nah but srs, i used to slouch all the time too. I never listened to my teachers when they told me how important posture was.
    5'8 is manlet size? Fukkkkkkk.

    /slits wrists.
    Reply With Quote

  30. #150
    Registered User consumingfire's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Location: B.C, Canada
    Posts: 1,548
    Rep Power: 438
    consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    consumingfire is offline
    in for later viewing
    I always rep back

    reps owed:
    RossDuggan
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts