Page 1 of 197 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    former 6'2 130lber MaximusPlatypus's Avatar
    MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000)

Most badazz iPhone APPS, with PICS and description

Here they are, jailbroken included...

Air Video

Can play Movies, TV shows, etc from your computer/laptop library onto your phone... anywhere, over wi-fi or 3G. I find myself watching Dexter between classes, or even just watching an episode of scare tactics on the ****ter.

Sleep Cycle

It tracks your sleep patterns by using the gyroscope to detect your movement. It only wakes you up when your movement levels are high, meaning it will only wake you when you are in a light sleep. (If u set alarm for 8am, it will wake you at your lightest sleep point in the 7:30 - 8am window)

It really works brahs, I feel less groggy most mornings.

Drop Box

Put sheit from your phone into online storage. Access from any computer anywhere... your phone now has unltd memory 'nuff said.

Perfect Browser

More functions, and has TABS like firefox or IE...

Misc with multiple tabs, open tab to load in background, hellyeamofo.jpg

AppAdvice

Great resource for finding new apps, getting app reviews, discovering awesomeness.

cont'd

MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Star Wars Falcon Gunner

Just an awesomely fun game. Uses the camera and integrates whatever you point your phone at as the backdrop for the game. Very addicting and cool to show off to people.

iBlacklist (jailbreak only)

Crazy ex girlfriend won't leave you alone? Block her from calling or texting you ever again. HA ha ha ha ha ha haaa

Bite SMS (jailbreak only)

This will replace your standard text messaging App... has popup quick reply, allows you to reply to messages without unlocking your phone, reply to messages within apps and games, etc etc. It's just better in every way, trust.

cont'd

Aaaaaaand the finale, the cream of the crop, the one app I use every day and can't be without IS:

Awesome Note

Can't overstate the usefulness of this app. The to-do functionality is one of my fav features... notifications can be set, badges, can add pictures to notes, sync with google documents. This sheit changed my life.

Thanks for reading /thread. Add more if you like

pacmane is a name known to all. (+5000) pacmane is a name known to all. (+5000) pacmane is a name known to all. (+5000) pacmane is a name known to all. (+5000) pacmane is a name known to all. (+5000) pacmane is a name known to all. (+5000) pacmane is a name known to all. (+5000) pacmane is a name known to all. (+5000) pacmane is a name known to all. (+5000) pacmane is a name known to all. (+5000) pacmane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Shieeet I needa jailbreak my iPhone. Also can you elaborate more on that gyro sleep app thing, I don't quite understand the part where it wakes you up

pschaeff is just really nice. (+1000) pschaeff is just really nice. (+1000) pschaeff is just really nice. (+1000) pschaeff is just really nice. (+1000) pschaeff is just really nice. (+1000) pschaeff is just really nice. (+1000) pschaeff is just really nice. (+1000) pschaeff is just really nice. (+1000) pschaeff is just really nice. (+1000) pschaeff is just really nice. (+1000) pschaeff is just really nice. (+1000)
    sick brah. brb downloading

edit: run keeper is pretty sick. don't know if it's still free or not.
    Doubt it.

MISC Strength Crew

iBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pacmane View Post
    Shieeet I needa jailbreak my iPhone. Also can you elaborate more on that gyro sleep app thing, I don't quite understand the part where it wakes you up
    I can vouch on the sleep app, but it's problem also is that the alarms for it are quiet weak and I just press snooze and keep sleeping.

To answer your question, your sleep is divided into two parts, REM and non-REM. REM = rapid eye movement. So when you are in the REM, that is when you are moving during your sleep (hence the name). So in this phase you are not deep asleep and when you are woken up during it you will feel less sluggish. The app knows to better wake you up during that time because you are moving. Google it for moar info.

Originally Posted by pacmane View Post
    if you set your alarm for 8am, it will wake you up at a time between 7:30 - 8am (the 30 minute window).

So if you are in full out deep sleep (barely moving) at 7:36am, it will wait until you aren't moving as much, at say, 7:58am, and the alarm will go off at that time. Likewise, if you are in very light sleep (shifting around a lot) at 7:30am, the alarm will go off right away at that time.

So the alarm goes off at a point when you are in the lightest possible sleep state, meaning you are less likely to interrupt deep REM sleep, which means you will be less groggy in the morning overall (it's legit).

The gyroscope is motion sensitive, and is VERY sensitive to movement. You leave your phone resting on the edge of your mattress, and if you fart, it will know LOL.

Originally Posted by iBrah View Post
    I can vouch on the sleep app, but it's problem also is that the alarms for it are quiet weak and I just press snooze and keep sleeping.
    Go to Settings > Alarm Sound, then just under all the standard alarms sounds you can choose any song from your library. I have Linkin Park - Numb haha, it's always a good one
    Last edited by MaximusPlatypus; 01-14-2011 at 09:01 PM.

ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My contribution. :P

I like that notes one though. The default iphone notes system is a joke.

Isn't Dropbox for more than just iphone? I remember hearing about it for transferring my files from work to home. It's cool that they have a app for it.
    "Don't be envious when the grass is greener on the other side because you don't know how much crap it took to fertilize that ground.�

Are you ready? "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.� (John 8:24).

buhhhmp for moarr

ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesomoe notes, is awesome.

I like how i can sync with Evernote, which i started using.

Why didn't Apple think of this. It's almost as if they are not inovative on the software side of things.
    "Don't be envious when the grass is greener on the other side because you don't know how much crap it took to fertilize that ground.�

Are you ready? "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.� (John 8:24).

MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sweet

dzj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dzj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dzj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dzj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dzj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dzj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dzj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dzj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dzj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dzj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dzj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ppself View Post

I like that notes one though. The default iphone notes system is a joke.

Isn't Dropbox for more than just iphone? I remember hearing about it for transferring my files from work to home. It's cool that they have a app for it.
    drop box is in the "cloud" so it's accessible from PC, MAC, iphone, ipad, blackberry, etc...

There is also an app to turn your iphone into a hot-spot (jailbreak only). MyWi i think is what it is called.

Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MaximusPlatypus View Post
    if you set your alarm for 8am, it will wake you up at a time between 7:30 - 8am (the 30 minute window).

So if you are in full out deep sleep (barely moving) at 7:36am, it will wait until you aren't moving as much, at say, 7:58am, and the alarm will go off at that time. Likewise, if you are in very light sleep (shifting around a lot) at 7:30am, the alarm will go off right away at that time.

So the alarm goes off at a point when you are in the lightest possible sleep state, meaning you are less likely to interrupt deep REM sleep, which means you will be less groggy in the morning overall (it's legit).

The gyroscope is motion sensitive, and is VERY sensitive to movement. You leave your phone resting on the edge of your mattress, and if you fart, it will know LOL.
    What happens if you're a nutter like me and move a **** load in your sleep?

Originally Posted by Slashed View Post
    What happens if you're a nutter like me and move a **** load in your sleep?
    I roll around all the time... that's what the high points are on the graph:

This would be a TERRIBLE sleep... ive had one with like 6 or 7 high points, but they never lasted this long

this is a great sleep... no way i'd be out cold like this for 8hrs, I always move around (one on right)

franchise16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) franchise16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) franchise16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) franchise16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) franchise16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) franchise16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) franchise16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) franchise16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) franchise16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) franchise16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) franchise16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just posting to remind myself to rep you for this air video app. Amazing. I was trying to figure out how to do something like this but I couldnt. If I leave my macbook open and I'm at the gym can I watch what I put in the server???
    If you want to be a man at night, you gotta be a man in the morning.

*** Misc CIGAR Crew ****

iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000)
    can this stuff work for 3GS, or is it just for iPhone 4?
    rustlin jimmies

Originally Posted by iginca View Post
    can this stuff work for 3GS, or is it just for iPhone 4?
    Yea, i think. I have a 3gs and i am using a few on here.

ilia is just really nice. (+1000) ilia is just really nice. (+1000) ilia is just really nice. (+1000) ilia is just really nice. (+1000) ilia is just really nice. (+1000) ilia is just really nice. (+1000) ilia is just really nice. (+1000) ilia is just really nice. (+1000) ilia is just really nice. (+1000) ilia is just really nice. (+1000) ilia is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by franchise16 View Post
    Just posting to remind myself to rep you for this air video app. Amazing. I was trying to figure out how to do something like this but I couldnt. If I leave my macbook open and I'm at the gym can I watch what I put in the server???
    Airvideo does work over edge/3g so if you choose to enable internet access you should be able to watch it from the gym (though not very good quality). With some routers it might not work so you will have to manually forward the ports but usually it works fine.

Originally Posted by ilia View Post
    Airvideo does work over edge/3g so if you choose to enable internet access you should be able to watch it from the gym (though not very good quality). With some routers it might not work so you will have to manually forward the ports but usually it works fine.
    ya it took some fiddling, but i got my buddy who's good with computers to do it for me

i imagine with some googling skills shouldnt be too hard

Some additions...

My3G (jailbreak only)

It tricks your phone into thinking you are on Wi-Fi... meaning you can play high quality youtube videos over 3G, as well as make facetime calls over 3G.... very nifty.

Lockinfo (jailbreak only)

I left this out, because I assume anyone savvy enough to jailbreak will already have lockinfo. An absolute must have, worth the jailbreak in itself... it's a crime Apple hasn't made this standard in the IOS.

Things

The gold standard for To-Do apps. Very pleasing interface, so simple to use, and surprisingly powerful. I use AwesomeNote primarily for my To-dos, but Things is threatening to steal that away... especially because it's compatible with Lockinfo.

Veetle (website)

This one is a website... favorite and watch live sports, popular tv shows, movies, etc from your iPhone. Usually has a pretty good selection on the iPhone version of the site. For example, I was watching NFL playoffs last week between rounds of Counterstrike 1.6. Had my phone propped between my keyboard and mouse, pwnage

That's all for now, add more if you like.
    Last edited by MaximusPlatypus; 01-27-2011 at 03:02 AM.

ZoRoX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZoRoX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZoRoX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZoRoX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZoRoX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZoRoX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZoRoX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZoRoX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZoRoX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZoRoX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZoRoX is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    subbes, will try all of these when Iphone 5 comes out

Registered Shredder D-1Gladiator74's Avatar
    D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    in for later
    BMW M6... $100,000
    Rolex Watch... $3,400
    Armani Leather Jacket... $700

The look on your ex gf's face after cutting season... priceless

There are a lot of things money CAN buy, for everything else there's bodybuilding.

sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MaximusPlatypus View Post
    Here they are, jailbroken included...

Air Video

Can play Movies, TV shows, etc from your computer/laptop library onto your phone... anywhere, over wi-fi or 3G. I find myself watching Dexter between classes, or even just watching an episode of scare tactics on the ****ter.
    I guess you could say, that show scares the **** out of you

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh
    Fashion thread Crew
    I like to rep back quite often!

sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000) sSandz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    someone want to aware me onhow to set up air video
    Fashion thread Crew
    I like to rep back quite often!

Another..

Pageonce Pro

Wow this is so much better than the many other finance related apps I've tried. All I had to do was click on my bank's name in their database, enter my member number and PIN.... and I could see all my real time banking information... balance, transactions, member shares.... unreal.

This is a powerful and useful app... even if you aren't jailbroken and have to pay full price... look into buying this.

edit - oh snap I can add my cell phone bill, car insurance bill, its all automated.... epic
    Last edited by MaximusPlatypus; 01-27-2011 at 03:26 AM.

00gsxr750 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00gsxr750 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00gsxr750 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00gsxr750 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00gsxr750 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00gsxr750 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00gsxr750 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00gsxr750 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00gsxr750 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00gsxr750 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00gsxr750 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So all these would work for the Ipod touch also right?
    ** Knee Draggers Unite **
    ***NSCA-CSCS***

"Train hard, Win easy"

""I just have this thing inside me that wants to eat and conquer. Maybe it's egotistical, but I have it in me. I don't want to be a tycoon. I just want to conquer people and their souls." - Mike Tyson

Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 00gsxr750 View Post
    So all these would work for the Ipod touch also right?
    I think the Sleep Cycle app requires a gyroscope which is only present in the iphone 4. Iphone 3G, 3GS and the equivalent generation ipods rely on accelerometers. I'm not sure if the newest ipod touch has an integrated gyroscope.
    ITALIAN CREW
    PUREBLOOD CREW

maimed will become famous soon enough. (+50) maimed will become famous soon enough. (+50) maimed will become famous soon enough. (+50) maimed will become famous soon enough. (+50) maimed will become famous soon enough. (+50) maimed will become famous soon enough. (+50) maimed will become famous soon enough. (+50) maimed will become famous soon enough. (+50) maimed will become famous soon enough. (+50) maimed will become famous soon enough. (+50) maimed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Malakaibeats View Post
    I think the Sleep Cycle app requires a gyroscope which is only present in the iphone 4. Iphone 3G, 3GS and the equivalent generation ipods rely on accelerometers. I'm not sure if the newest ipod touch has an integrated gyroscope.
    The app has been out long before the Iphone 4 was.
    CMS Bench specialisation log - on my way to 200kg bench: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162543221&p=1258686601#post1258686601

JDraft is just really nice. (+1000) JDraft is just really nice. (+1000) JDraft is just really nice. (+1000) JDraft is just really nice. (+1000) JDraft is just really nice. (+1000) JDraft is just really nice. (+1000) JDraft is just really nice. (+1000) JDraft is just really nice. (+1000) JDraft is just really nice. (+1000) JDraft is just really nice. (+1000) JDraft is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ppself View Post

Hell yes. Reps.
    don't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight

c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by iBrah View Post

To answer your question, your sleep is divided into two parts, REM and non-REM. REM = rapid eye movement. So when you are in the REM, that is when you are moving during your sleep (hence the name). So in this phase you are not deep asleep and when you are woken up during it you will feel less sluggish. The app knows to better wake you up during that time because you are moving. Google it for moar info.
    actually in REM, your eyes move, but your body does not

Rapid eye movement sleep, or REM sleep, accounts for 20–25% of total sleep time in most human adults. The criteria for REM sleep include rapid eye movements as well as a rapid low-voltage EEG. Most memorable dreaming occurs in this stage. At least in mammals, a descending muscular atonia is seen. Such paralysis may be necessary to protect organisms from self-damage through physically acting out scenes from the often-vivid dreams that occur during this stage.