team_24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need information on this Hack Squat machine

I found this hack squat machine locally for sale. He is asking $300 for it, that includes about 200lbs of weights. This looks to me as a great deal, but the problem is i'm not finding much information on the internet about the brand. The man told me it was about 3 or 4 years old and he paid $1200 for it. The only label on the machine is Power System. Any information that you all have about this item would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Images
    team_24

Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by team_24 View Post
    I found this hack squat machine locally for sale. He is asking $300 for it, that includes about 200lbs of weights. This looks to me as a great deal, but the problem is i'm not finding much information on the internet about the brand. The man told me it was about 3 or 4 years old and he paid $1200 for it. The only label on the machine is Power System. Any information that you all have about this item would be much appreciated. Thanks
    I'm not sure of the brand personally, but it's a pretty similar design to a leg press I once had and it served its purpose. If the seller is close enough, go check it out and make sure it's smooth/sturdy. If you really want a leg press (and aren't using a ****-ton of weight - ie. 800-1000+), this will probably be fine. If he bought it new he may also have more info about it, such as weight capacity, etc. Either way, $300 for a decent (looking) leg press in good condition with some weights is a good deal.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." — Mark Twain

Originally Posted by Mitrovski View Post
    I'm not sure of the brand personally, but it's a pretty similar design to a leg press I once had and it served its purpose. If the seller is close enough, go check it out and make sure it's smooth/sturdy. If you really want a leg press (and aren't using a ****-ton of weight - ie. 800-1000+), this will probably be fine. If he bought it new he may also have more info about it, such as weight capacity, etc. Either way, $300 for a decent (looking) leg press in good condition with some weights is a good deal.
    Thanks for the quick reply, I live about 1 hour from the leg press but at the price I think I will drive up there this weekend and check it out. He said that its only be used a few dozen times and looks new.
    team_24

Former Bench Jockey FastCatChamp's Avatar
    FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mitrovski View Post
    I just spent $40 for a hole saw, bi-metal blade, cobalt bit, and 1" threaded rod, and hex nuts.......now I see the band pegs for sale...........good thing that I've been lazy and not used any of my items. Will be returning them and purchasing the fabricated pegs.

Sorry to hijack, but I did.
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Levels and goals...........
    Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

Former Bench Jockey FastCatChamp's Avatar
    FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FastCatChamp View Post
    I just spent $40 for a hole saw, bi-metal blade, cobalt bit, and 1" threaded rod, and hex nuts.......now I see the band pegs for sale...........good thing that I've been lazy and not used any of my items. Will be returning them and purchasing the fabricated pegs.

Sorry to hijack, but I did.
    Sorry if my off the main topic comment offended anyone^^^^^^^.

I was negged for the above comments by a poster that did not post in the thread! The negging party cited my use of the word "hijack".

EDIT: I posted my off topic comment in reference to what the previous poster had right above his avatar picture.
    Last edited by FastCatChamp; 01-14-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Levels and goals...........
    Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Someone ban this guy ^^^^^^^^^

That is the previous model Keys Fitness leg press/hack squat. The new ones run on linear bearings/steel guide rods, I'm not sure about this model. That's the most important thing with a leg press so I would atleast find this out. Either way for $300 it's a must buy.

Originally Posted by fpc4ever View Post
    Someone ban this guy ^^^^^^^^^

That is the previous model Keys Fitness leg press/hack squat. The new ones run on linear bearings/steel guide rods, I'm not sure about this model. That's the most important thing with a leg press so I would atleast find this out. Either way for $300 it's a must buy.
    Nice information, you are correct. I bought the leg press/hack squat yesterday, there was a name plate on the machine that the seller didn't see. It was a Keys fitness model, manufactured in 2006.. its in great shape but it doesn't have the linear bearings/steel guide rods. That was a little disappointing but I got the leg press, 435 lbs. of weight plates, 45 lb. bar, and a nice Marcy bench press ( that I don't need because I have a power rack with a Ironmaster bench) all for $340. I'm going to resell the bench press to recoup some of the cost. I think it was a great deal and it will work for me now, maybe upgrade to a linear bearing type down the road.

thanks again all, this is a great site..
    team_24

fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by team_24 View Post
    Nice information, you are correct. I bought the leg press/hack squat yesterday, there was a name plate on the machine that the seller didn't see. It was a Keys fitness model, manufactured in 2006.. its in great shape but it doesn't have the linear bearings/steel guide rods. That was a little disappointing but I got the leg press, 435 lbs. of weight plates, 45 lb. bar, and a nice Marcy bench press ( that I don't need because I have a power rack with a Ironmaster bench) all for $340. I'm going to resell the bench press to recoup some of the cost. I think it was a great deal and it will work for me now, maybe upgrade to a linear bearing type down the road.

thanks again all, this is a great site..

Definitely a great deal, i wish stuff like this would pop up in my area's CL. Let me know how smooth this model is compared to anything else you've used.

Akamarey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the same machine got it for 200. But the bearing are also damage. Cant find the plate you are talking about the model can you let me know the info or post a pic of it. Thankyou in advanced.