Thread: Formestane PCT

Registered User DangerousStyles's Avatar
    DangerousStyles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Formestane PCT

After a Pro-hormone cycle of 6 weeks how can Formestane be used to help keep gains and possible add gains. I will be using it with Activate and nolva.

bump

=[[[[---------]]]]= AmericanJambo's Avatar
    AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Formestane is a mild AI. It's actually a suicide inhibitor. It should be used on cycle to control the aromatization of steroids that convert to estrogen. It should not be used on PCT.
    sophfball - "Look, I don't know the science behind it, but its a proven fact."

dantheman12189 - "what exactly is an androgen receptor, whats it do and is it posable to get more?"

Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AmericanJambo View Post
    Formestane is a mild AI. It's actually a suicide inhibitor. It should be used on cycle to control the aromatization of steroids that convert to estrogen. It should not be used on PCT.
    Formestane should be looked at as more of a very mild ph to be used on cycle only. Because it converts to 4-oh-testosterone so easily and because 4OHT binds the receptor so well its more likely it would prevent recovery during PCT then help.
    Matt Cahill
    www.DrivenSports.com
    www.drivensports.co.uk

AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanJambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Sldge View Post
    Formestane should be looked at as more of a very mild ph to be used on cycle only. Because it converts to 4-oh-testosterone so easily and because 4OHT binds the receptor so well its more likely it would prevent recovery during PCT then help.
    I disagree that it should be treated as a PH. It's a steroidal aromatase inhibitor and it's a suicide inhibitor. It's does convert to 4-hydroxytestosterone. But 4-hydroxytestosterone has half the anabolic potency of Testosterone and a quarter of the androgenic potency of testosterone. In order to see any anabolic benefit from Formestane you would need to be taking doses in the range of 800-1000mg a day and that would crash your estrogen levels to a very undesirable amount. Formestane should be used for exactly what it is, a mild AI to prevent estrogen related sides and nothing more.

dantheman12189 - "what exactly is an androgen receptor, whats it do and is it posable to get more?"

Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I disagree that it should be treated as a PH. It's a steroidal aromatase inhibitor and it's a suicide inhibitor. It's does convert to 4-hydroxytestosterone. But 4-hydroxytestosterone has half the anabolic potency of Testosterone and a quarter of the androgenic potency of testosterone. In order to see any anabolic benefit from Formestane you would need to be taking doses in the range of 800-1000mg a day and that would crash your estrogen levels to a very undesirable amount. Formestane should be used for exactly what it is, a mild AI to prevent estrogen related sides and nothing more.
    You can disagree all you want but its a ph. Whether its an AI or not doesnt make a difference because of what it converts to. Its the precursor (ie. prohormone) to 4OHT and although 4OHT may be weaker then test it binds to the androgen receptor MUCH better then test does. Reduced potency doesnt mean there isnt an affect on HPTA. Seeing an anabolic effect or not does not reflect what is going on with the HPTA.
    Matt Cahill
    www.DrivenSports.com
    www.drivensports.co.uk

You can disagree all you want but its a ph. Whether its an AI or not doesnt make a difference because of what it converts to. Its the precursor (ie. prohormone) to 4OHT and although 4OHT may be weaker then test it binds to the androgen receptor MUCH better then test does. Reduced potency doesnt mean there isnt an affect on HPTA. Seeing an anabolic effect or not does not reflect what is going on with the HPTA.
    Again, I never denied that it doesn't convert to 4-hydroxytestosterone but the quantity and potenct is neglidgable. To see any anabolic or androgenic results you would have to take so much that your estrogen levels would plumet to almost nothing. And even then the effect would be hardly anything. Even though it binds to the androgen receptor much better then Testosterone, it has strong affinity for the 5a-reductase enzyme. Because of this it will reduce DHT levels in the body by effectively competing with testosterone for the 5a-reductase enzyme. And DHT is MUCH more androgenic then 4-hydroxytestosterone there by negating any androgenic benefit Formestane has.

Again, I never denied that it doesn't convert to 4-hydroxytestosterone but the quantity and potenct is neglidgable. To see any anabolic or androgenic results you would have to take so much that your estrogen levels would plumet to almost nothing. And even then the effect would be hardly anything. Even though it binds to the androgen receptor much better then Testosterone, it has strong affinity for the 5a-reductase enzyme. Because of this it will reduce DHT levels in the body by effectively competing with testosterone for the 5a-reductase enzyme. And DHT is MUCH more androgenic then 4-hydroxytestosterone there by negating any androgenic benefit Formestane has.
    It doesnt make any difference if you take enough for an anabolic effect or not, it will still lower HPTA. For that reason alone it should only be used on cycle, therefor using it like a PH (which it is) makes the most sense.
    Matt Cahill
    www.DrivenSports.com
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would never use formestane as part of my pct for the reasons Sldge stated. I just don't see why take a chance when there are better alternatives. I also feel the same way about 6-bromo.

Originally Posted by Eshamed51 View Post
    I would never use formestane as part of my pct for the reasons Sldge stated. I just don't see why take a chance when there are better alternatives. I also feel the same way about 6-bromo.
    Exactly. There are better alternative's out there. Formestane was one of the first AIs examined back in the 50s (Cytadren / aminoglutethimide also) and both have gone by the way side with much never advancements. Why bother with something so outdated when you dont have to.
    Matt Cahill
    www.DrivenSports.com
    www.drivensports.co.uk

It doesnt make any difference if you take enough for an anabolic effect or not, it will still lower HPTA. For that reason alone it should only be used on cycle, therefor using it like a PH (which it is) makes the most sense.
    In my first post I stated that it should never be used as a PCT and should only be used on cycle. This is not a point of contention. What I'm saying is that it has no real benefit as a PH so it shouldn't be treated as a PH. It's effect as a PH are negligible. It's only real benefit is as a mild AI and therefore it should be treated as an AI. Which should only be used on cycle and not on PCT anyway.

Exactly. There are better alternative's out there. Formestane was one of the first AIs examined back in the 50s (Cytadren / aminoglutethimide also) and both have gone by the way side with much never advancements. Why bother with something so outdated when you dont have to.
    I completely agree with this.
    Last edited by AmericanJambo; 01-13-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You both have been agreeing from different directions from the start >_>

PA also says that formestane can hinder HPTA recovery, so I have to agree with sldge there. And have to agree with AJ that it would be an AI that is best to use standalone, or on-cycle only.

Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold
    [no OTC AIs] are suppressive but [6-bromo] and [formestane] may have some androgenic activity which may counteract some of the HPTA upregulation that their aromatase inhibition properties induce

Originally Posted by Opies View Post
    You both have been agreeing from different directions from the start >_>

PA also says that formestane can hinder HPTA recovery, so I have to agree with sldge there. And have to agree with AJ that it would be an AI that is best to use standalone, or on-cycle only.
    Oh, I never said that it wouldn't have an effect on the HPTA function. But in the dosages required for use as an AI the effect would most likely be very minimal. And at the dosages needed to have even a minimal anabolic effect the side effect of crashing your estrogen would make it unusable. So yes, by the very deffinition it is a PH as it does convert to a steroidal compound. But it displays much greater effects as an AI then a PH.

I think my issue isn't that it's not a PH but that telling people to treat it like a PH will have people thinking that it is effective as a PH. The only reason anyone takes a PH is to build muscle and strength which Formestane won't do.
    Last edited by AmericanJambo; 01-13-2011 at 08:39 PM.

What does everyone think about using it with a 2-4 week 11-oxo bridge after a 6 week Havoc cycle. It seems like a good way to use this bottle I have. I was considering using it on last week of PCT with nolva.