Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    runningmtbiker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Glad I found this thread, unfortunately I too am a victim of this serious injury and I'm scheduled for repair Tues next week. It's going to be 45 days since the injury happened, I fell off my road bike after a 20 mile short ride, I was literally a half mile to my house which really sucked. I went to the doctor 2nd week after the injury and he insisted on MRI asap but I didn't get it right as I was overwhelmed and was feeling better at the time not to mention my ROM was getting better and I was also doing deadlifts and front squats but with a modified grip. The doctor was very persistent calling me the next day and asked if i got the MRI, never realized it was that serious.

It's not til i tripped over last week on the same hand running in trails when I decided to finally get the MRI, and I was given the bad news 2 days ago that I needed surgery. Totally regret not having the surgery done earlier. I was given two options: surgery with no guarantee of full recovery or do nothing and suffer arthritis in the years to come. Not a very optimistic result but I chose to do the surgery and just work hard on rehabbing the wrist to it's best.

I wish everyone here success on their wrists =)

Gargal is on a distinguished road. (+10)

3 months after SL reconstruction

Hi all!
    After 3months i still have limited rom and strenght of course BUT...
    ...i came back to my training even if limitations are big.
    What can i do:
    Front squat (from rack, holding the barebell with my shoulders)
    Pushups with knuckle
    Shoulders with dumbbell (any kind, max 8kg...)
    Rower, assault bike
    Trx
    Russian swing (max 16kg)

Cannot do:
    Back squat (my right shoulder mobility is poor due to the inactivity)
    Oly lift
    Handstand (but i'll build some support to fight the rom limitation)
    Push with open hand

I can have some fun now and limiting loads because i am afraid maybe more than due to real limitation in strenght.
    But road is long...
    Last edited by Gargal; 09-19-2017 at 06:51 AM.

jharding450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

6 weeks after pin removal

Had full reconstruction after injury. 6 weeks in cast, then pins removed. Began PT immediately (2x a week) and surprisingly was cleared by Dr. to go to gym. No free weights initially, just machines. ROM is improving every week but still way to go. What surprised me more than anything was the impact this surgery has postop on my fingers. Incredibly stiff every morning and lots of PT work focused on fingers. I wear a brace (Dr.’s orders) at the gym and am quickly regaining strength lost during downtime. Am able to do just about all preOp workout routines except pushups .... need to do those with dumbbells for now. Haven’t gone heavy yet with bench but the bench press motion doesn’t hurt whatsoever. Pull-ups and chin-ups are fine as well. So far I am very pleased with my decision to have the surgery and in a better state now. I am on the older side of this thread (55) so the younger you are the better chance you have for full ROM recovery. Good luck to all

quickk123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I hurt my wrist about 8 years ago. There was a lot of swelling and pain, but the initial x-rays showed that nothing was broken. I was sent on my way and, while the pain subsided and my range of motion improved, the wrist never felt the same. A year after the injury I returned to see a doctor again, and this time x-rays showed that I had broken my scaphoid. It had supposedly healed up, but my wrist still hurt and felt unstable. I could do most things, but the worst was definitively holding a barbell overhead (like you would when doing a snatch). A couple years after that I got an MRI that said that I had a scapholunate tear. The doctor didn't really give me many suggestions as to what to do except a vague statement about how I should eventually do something about it. So I really didn't do anything, and just suffered with the pain since it didn't seem that bad and I could still do most things.

Anyway, that's the way my wrist was until a few months ago when I fell on it again. Now the pain and instability is much worse. Sometimes it hurts just to do simple things like cutting vegetables! It's at this point that I started really researching the problem. I wish that my initial doctors had told me more about the potential problems with this kind of wrist injury. I would have been much more proactive in my recovery.

Does anyone have experience with getting treatment a long time after the injury happened? Has anyone tried treatments like prolotherapy, or PRP (platelet rich therapy)? I'm now 40 years old and am extremely active. If I can't heal my wrist, I'm hoping that there are ways to prevent (or minimize) future problems like arthritis. I'm afraid that since it's been so long since my original injury that it's too late to do anything.

IronWILLwrist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    check this site out, has some interesting stuff regarding stem cells at cellmedicine.com, good info on podcast with Joe Rogan too

jrel517 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome thread yall! Interesting to see everyone's journey with this injury from the early 2010's to more recently 2017. I'm hoping w/ the years that have gone by these procedure has gotten a lot better. I actually go under on Thursday to repair my scalphunate ligament, and I'm nervous as hell! Dr. said I'll never be able to box again, but I should still be able to lift.

Has anyone ever had this surgery and still go back into say boxing, wrestling, or grappling?