agoliver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please Help - confused!!!

First off, hello I m new to the forum.. Have lurked a while but, haven't posted. What a great source of information and knowledge you ladies are.......Anyways, call me a ditzy blonde but, I have re read the macronutrient sticky a trillion times and come up with a different number each time - numbers just aren't my thing (add).

Anyways, if someone could help me figure out my numbers, it would be greatly appreciated....

Weight 124
    Height 5'5
    workout 6 days per wk - heavy lifting(5 days) and hit (3 days a wk) - some light ss card mixed in too sometimes.

Thank you SO much,
    alisa

catieK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by agoliver View Post
    First off, hello I m new to the forum.. Have lurked a while but, haven't posted. What a great source of information and knowledge you ladies are.......Anyways, call me a ditzy blonde but, I have re read the macronutrient sticky a trillion times and come up with a different number each time - numbers just aren't my thing (add).

Anyways, if someone could help me figure out my numbers, it would be greatly appreciated....

Weight 124
    Height 5'5
    workout 6 days per wk - heavy lifting(5 days) and hit (3 days a wk) - some light ss card mixed in too sometimes.

Thank you SO much,
    alisa

Hi!

I know what you mean about the numbers, it took me ages to get my head around it.
    It might be worth going back to the macronutrient sticky again and checking out my calculations using Mifflin St-Jeor.

You are exactly the same weight and height as me so just do exactly what I did with the same numbers-the only exception would be that you might want to use a different activity level as you train more frequently than I do.
    Go check it out, and if you still have trouble, I'll do it for you but I'm sure if you follow the steps you'll do it, no problem!

Best wishes.

bnice500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by agoliver View Post

Height 5'5

Thank you SO much,
    alisa
    40/30/30 seems like the right place to start at. Do you want to lose bodyfat? Gain muscle? Your macronutrient intake will depend on your current goal.

For fat loss, try using the weight times 12 formula. 122 pounds x 12 = 1464 cal. per day.

122g of protein/day - 488 calories
    153g of carbs/day - 612 calories
    40g of fat/day - 364 calories

Try that out and see how your body responds after 4 weeks or so.

If you're trying to build more muscle you would obviously increase the carb intake slightly. This is just a basic starting point that I use for my clients. Hope I helped.