Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33
    mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Legs with the wifey

We had a busy day of getting last minute odds and ends together so rests today were basically just enough time to change out weights, we set up two different bars for squats and had two different leg presses going so it went by fast. I think the amount of direct lower back work has really been paying off as of late, all of my lifts that involve lower back are increasing and i dont feel that it is a limiting factor.

Seated Leg Curls
    190xs10 (3 sets)
    Quad drop set 4x4: 210-190-175-160 WOW

Safty bar squats 3-5 sec eccentrics
    245x8 (5 sets)

Hack Squat (rock bottom with pause)
    245x15
    275x15

Leg Press + mini + monster mini
    Worked up to 8ppsx8

DB RDL
    120x12 (4 sets PR)

Adduction
    150x12 (3 sets)
    *need to continue to hammer my addductors they fatigue too easily and it drives me nuts on this exercise

Superset

Seated Calf raise
    160x10+10 partials (3 sets)
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Funny how your adductors fatique so easily, especiall on that machine. I also have incorporated these machines in my pull days for extra hip work and mobility since I cut back frequency on squats. I think they will become more of a staple in my routine for development later in my offseason for hypertrophy work. I believe the innner thigh/glutes and hips are underworked directly by most people, and it shows in development from some bodybuilders.

Excited for your marriage coming up. If you don't mind me asking, how has everything been feeling, and much so in the sense of libido and feelings. Just curious as that was your main concern, as it would be for any man, especially with marriage coming up. Curious
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    Funny how your adductors fatique so easily, especiall on that machine. I also have incorporated these machines in my pull days for extra hip work and mobility since I cut back frequency on squats. I think they will become more of a staple in my routine for development later in my offseason for hypertrophy work. I believe the innner thigh/glutes and hips are underworked directly by most people, and it shows in development from some bodybuilders.

Excited for your marriage coming up. If you don't mind me asking, how has everything been feeling, and much so in the sense of libido and feelings. Just curious as that was your main concern, as it would be for any man, especially with marriage coming up. Curious
    I second all of this...
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I agree man and that is why I am using the adductor machine for hypertrophy leg day as well as per Robbie Sardinia I am going to do occluded adduction as well. Its laughed upon as a machine by those who dont use it but I was humled and see the need for it and honestly those who use it religiously like my buddy Austin Stout has the adductors to prove it.

Libido is finally back to 100% I have noticed a difference every week of treatment and the last month it has vastly improved I would say to being better than it has ever been. Not going to lie and Ill be completely transparent with you all Jordan and I have messed around a bit but we have saved sex for marriage so me bot being able to function was a BIG DEAL to me since I had waited so I am extremely as you all could imagine that I am feeling good! Energy which was my main concern is also way better, naps which was something that if i didnt have by two every day I was litteraly useless and could not function are now a think of the past. Now dont get me wrong I still love to take one now and then but now its just more for the extra rest and recovery that I get rather than a need. I might post some pictures at some point I am just in a weird spot with all that right now, being that my heart was so much into natural bodybuilding I dont want to give off the wrong impression or piss people off or discourage them with the progress I have made so I almost feel its better that I just keep that to myself. I dont look like a freak by any means but the gains I have made in the past 12 weeks have been pretty crazy in terms of size, its not water either I am leaner than I was at 170 and sitting at about 182. I started my treatment at 168 with no abs, minimal veins due to the fat I quickly accumulated when I really crashed and my thyroid tanked. Even with the macro cuts I was making at the time I could not keep up.

Ill defintely be gaining some fat next week though on our honey moon, its all inclusive and the place we are staying at has gotten all kinds of awards for the food so I will be eating
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    awesome to hear things are going so well, it's incredible really how fast you rebound from being in such a suboptimal state. it's almost like the muscle you should have gained over the course of training when hormones were shot had to come on extra fast to catch up... for me it evened out pretty quick and i'm gaining at a normal person's rate now, which i'm ok with. you gettin nervous about the big day?
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

Not nervous at all my man, day dreaming constantly about it though. Just all the little things like seeing her walk down the isle, her dad handing her over to me, being announced as husband and wife it all gives me chills She wasnt the same but I could have told you on my first date with her that I was going to marry her, ive known she was the one since 8th grade seriously and have persued her ever since.

As far as my performance it really makes me wonder what things would be like if i was performing optimally all these years. It drove me nuts that on paper I know and understood training from a science perspective but yet what I knew to be true never seemed to work with me and now I know why. Before I started my treatment it had been undetected but my levels since i was 13 were always low. Just not as low as what they were towards the end, so that to me was always normal. Knowing what a real "normal" is feels great!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Upper Power week 8

Peak week for the biggest day of my life

Bench
    250x5 (3 sets)
    250x8 (stopped short of failure here, set felt great!)

Incline T bar
    2p+35psx6 (4 sets)

OHP
    140x6 (3 sets)
    140x8

Hammer low row
    2p+10psx6 (4 sets)

SS

Hammer seated shrug
    2ppsx6

CG bench
    225x6 (4 sets)

Bicep and Tricep timed superset (4 sets)
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    I agree man and that is why I am using the adductor machine for hypertrophy leg day as well as per Robbie Sardinia I am going to do occluded adduction as well. Its laughed upon as a machine by those who dont use it but I was humled and see the need for it and honestly those who use it religiously like my buddy Austin Stout has the adductors to prove it.

Libido is finally back to 100% I have noticed a difference every week of treatment and the last month it has vastly improved I would say to being better than it has ever been. Not going to lie and Ill be completely transparent with you all Jordan and I have messed around a bit but we have saved sex for marriage so me bot being able to function was a BIG DEAL to me since I had waited so I am extremely as you all could imagine that I am feeling good! Energy which was my main concern is also way better, naps which was something that if i didnt have by two every day I was litteraly useless and could not function are now a think of the past. Now dont get me wrong I still love to take one now and then but now its just more for the extra rest and recovery that I get rather than a need. I might post some pictures at some point I am just in a weird spot with all that right now, being that my heart was so much into natural bodybuilding I dont want to give off the wrong impression or piss people off or discourage them with the progress I have made so I almost feel its better that I just keep that to myself. I dont look like a freak by any means but the gains I have made in the past 12 weeks have been pretty crazy in terms of size, its not water either I am leaner than I was at 170 and sitting at about 182. I started my treatment at 168 with no abs, minimal veins due to the fat I quickly accumulated when I really crashed and my thyroid tanked. Even with the macro cuts I was making at the time I could not keep up.

Ill defintely be gaining some fat next week though on our honey moon, its all inclusive and the place we are staying at has gotten all kinds of awards for the food so I will be eating
    Great, glad to hear. Amazing answer on all accounts, very awesome. That is why I had asked as i knew you two were waiting, so I was a bit curious (since you had stopped speaking about it) and how you were progressing with the new setup. Are you aware of what was causing the excessive amount of naps, and the reason you do not need them as much anymore, very curious if you know!!!

Def post some pics, we are a bodybuilding community besides the miscers who give opinions without ever being fully aware of the sport or issues dealing with it, nor understand to begin with. Natural bodybuilding is great, but it is stillbodybuilding, and I don't categorize it as much as some do or judge the differences, as long as a person does not try to cheat in competition. I even do not mind guys who deny it in some fashion because I understand the legal system, sponsorship, etc....

Enjoy the honeymoon, and get fat brother Forget about this place while you are gone
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1 mother effin 82?!

You dirty little beast lol. That's insane/awesome! I don't think you'd discourage people by posting pics, although you may get Brandon to join the dark side!

Truly happy how things have worked out for you man. You deserve it.

Where are you going for the honeymoon?!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Upper Power

Starting new training cycle

Quote: If you wait for a day to train when you feel good, you'll lift about twice a year. Those days are rare. Your mind plays tricks on you. Learn to ignore it and keep training.

Squat (Training Max: 405)
    345x5 (3 sets)
    345x9 PR This was not taken to failure either, i was stoked!

Dead Lift Training Max: 410) Its above this but I enjoy having it hear being that I only pull after squats
    350x5 (3 sets)

Walking DB lunges Rx6 +Lx6 (fininshing on reps on one leg before the other)
    80x6
    90x6
    100x6 (2 sets PR)

Speed Work:
    The goal of these sets was to pick a weight that was challenging but that I could really blast through and not lose speed throughout the set. Finishing Power day with a little lactic acid producing hyper work

Leg Extension 115x15 (4 sets)
    Leg Curl 130x15 (4 sets)
    Rest was long enough to switch between machines. Love this training style!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Great, glad to hear. Amazing answer on all accounts, very awesome. That is why I had asked as i knew you two were waiting, so I was a bit curious (since you had stopped speaking about it) and how you were progressing with the new setup. Are you aware of what was causing the excessive amount of naps, and the reason you do not need them as much anymore, very curious if you know!!!

Def post some pics, we are a bodybuilding community besides the miscers who give opinions without ever being fully aware of the sport or issues dealing with it, nor understand to begin with. Natural bodybuilding is great, but it is stillbodybuilding, and I don't categorize it as much as some do or judge the differences, as long as a person does not try to cheat in competition. I even do not mind guys who deny it in some fashion because I understand the legal system, sponsorship, etc....

Enjoy the honeymoon, and get fat brother Forget about this place while you are gone
    Several factors played into my energy, in males Test can be the control center for so many issues so being that my test was low my cortisol was low as well as my thyroid hormones so all that combined left me feeling like i didnt sleep on night and was just dragging through the day. We were not sure if my test getting regualted would fix everything else but as time has gone on my blood work now has my cortisol and thyroid back in optimal range. My metabolism still is not at the rate it was when I was really humming through my reverse but for now here are what my macros are at:

Training day: 110/200ish/230
    Off Day: 110/160/230
    then any meals out with family and friends like for instance Jordans parents took us out to Japanese Sunday.

Ill post some pics when I get back from honeymoon, thanks for your support man I just never want to be that guy that seems to through it in anyones face. I really more than anything just want to be a help and support to you guys
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    1 mother effin 82?!

You dirty little beast lol. That's insane/awesome! I don't think you'd discourage people by posting pics, although you may get Brandon to join the dark side!

Haha im trying man, really makes me wonder what I could have accomplished with normal test levels all along.

We are heading to Playa del Carmen Mexico. The place is called the Royal Playa del carmen check it out pretty sweet!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    1 mother effin 82?!

My main goal from day 1 has always been to become an IFBB pro. On that note I love just competing and training, and how I decide to end up is not to be categorized(which I do not do anyways) between the two, I just won't attempt to lie and compete with natural competitors in a tested event. I do enjoy progressing in the gym and showing people you do not need drugs to achieve basic gym goals, but I do desire elite status in size...thats all something that takes a lot of though, as Matt has shown it took a lot to accept for him as well and onlydone certain things for health and love.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Lower BRF and Arms

Decided on my ride into the gym today that I would also hit arms, why because I was feeling great and they need to grow. Nothing to failure, short rest hypertrophy work.

BFR clusters: 30/15/15/15
    Leg extension
    Leg Curl
    Adduction

Arms
    Tricep Rope Extension 4x12
    Superset
    SA RG press down 4x8

Hammer Dips 4x10
    superset
    seated french press

Barbell curl 5x8
    superset
    DB hammer curl 5x8

Great workoout, entire thing was just under 45 minutes.
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    CONGRATULATIONS BUDDY! I wish you both the absolute best. God bless
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Follow me on twitter @mattrepece and InstaGram at mrepece!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161395983 - 2014 prep log!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Enjoy the honeymoon, there better be at least a couple pictures

jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    congrats brah!

Get to use all the new found test on the honeymoon!

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

I'm writing this in route to my new home in Kentucky. The wedding was incredible and the honeymoon was as well. I think now is a great time to start a new log. I'll be getting settled over the next few days so I'll start a new one. Not sure of a title yet but I'll post it in here. It's just a new fresh start for me and I thought this would be a great time to start a new thread! Still no plans of a show but I am training everyday with goal of one day competing again.
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    I'm writing this in route to my new home in Kentucky. The wedding was incredible and the honeymoon was as well. I think now is a great time to start a new log. I'll be getting settled over the next few days so I'll start a new one. Not sure of a title yet but I'll post it in here. It's just a new fresh start for me and I thought this would be a great time to start a new thread! Still no plans of a show but I am training everyday with goal of one day competing again.

Yea Buddy..Glad to hear, and glad to see you didnt use the social media network much on that trip

Ready to see the new you unravel for the better. I will be right behind you with my offseason, and hopefully we can compete together next time
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Glad you had fun on your trip bud! Good luck with the move

In on log that doesn't exist yet!

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

New Journal fellas! Closing this chapter in my training and bodybuilding life and excited to start a new one thanks for all the support you guys have shown me!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post951745273
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Brooksandy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wheathins View Post
    crazy lean still, matty, legs are still grainy as fuark that's awesome! I've got the same quesadilla maker... what a magical device!
    Occasionally catch your agreement about quesadilla maker by google ham, I just can`t agree more cause I got 2, one for large 12 size and one for regular lol