Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Matt Jansen's 2011 contest prep

This is something that I have wanted to start for a long time and have finally made the time to do it. Just to give you guys a little update up to this point I started bodybuilding after soccer injuries in college forced me out of the sport. I found that even while I was still pllaying that I enjoyed my time in the gym more than my time on the field. My competitive drive pushed me to follow my dream of being a bodybuilder and pushing myself on daily basis in a way that not many other sports allow on an individual basis. I quickly realized that in order for me to be able to be my best I was going to need some help in all phases of bodybuilding. In Aug of 2009 I started working with Optimum Nutrition athlete Jason Phillips. By far one of the best decisions I have made, Jason's knowledge of not only training but nutrition is top notch. He helped me achieve so much more in a short time that what I could have imagined and I surpassed the expectations that I had for myself going into my first show. I competed for the first time last March in Cleveland, Ohio at the NPC Natural Ohio. Placed top 6 in the Lightweigt division and the motivation I got from that show was incredible to continue to better myself and push myself to bring a better package everytime I step on stage. This offseason has been incredible as far as the progress I have my to my physique and I am really excited about the density and added size that I will bring to the stage this year. I am currently weighing 187 in the am and I do not have a weight goal in mind just trying to make constant progress and stay in good offseason shape. My body has adjusted really well up to this point and in the past two months Jason has continued to add calories to my diet just so I am able to maintain my weight instead of losing which has continued to happen even though my cals are at an all time high. I have not fully decided what shows I will be doing yet this year but I have a few in my sights that I am thinking about some of those being the NPC collegiates this year in Pittsburg as well the Natural Ohio again in Cleveland on Oct 2, 2011.

Current offseason Diet
    M1: 6 egg whites, 4 oz of 96/4 ground beef, 1 cup oats, 2 Tb peanut butter, 1 Tb honey
    M2: 6 oz chicken, 12 oz Yam
    M3: 4 oz ground turkey or tuna, 4 rice cakes, 5 oz apple
    M4: Same as M2
    M5: PWO meal 7 oz steak, 1.5 cups of brown rice
    M6: 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 1 cup of berries, 2 TB peanut butter

I usually have a cheat during the day on sunday which for me is an off day

Supplements:
    xtend
    beta alanine
    HMB
    Creatine monohydrate
    ALA
    Hyperbolic 10
    fish oil

Current Offseason Pics: Obviously conditioning isnt top notch but I have now been offseason for 9 Months.

As far as training today I planned on training legs put was snowed in so i plan on doing some foam rolling tonight and enjoying the national championship game!

Here are some Highlights from last weeks training:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mjansen0.../1/JAPTL1jfgPI

http://www.youtube.com/user/mjansen0.../2/_HAVjQ9P8kM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5oSbUAwBbQ
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mattjansen; 01-11-2011 at 03:03 PM.
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Still working out the kinks and learing how to use the tread lol. Hoping those pics would just be on the page and not show up as a link, ill work on it and try again.
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Still trying to make it to the gym to start my training week, but th weather has made it quite a challenge. Georgia is covered in ice and snow and all of the gyms in my area are closed so looks like i will not be able to make it in agian today
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    your leg development is going to look sick when you cut down for the stage!

Originally Posted by Bmarchio View Post
    your leg development is going to look sick when you cut down for the stage!
    Thanks man! I Really have focused on bringing them up this year so im looking forward to see the outcome myself when i start prep agian.
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Feels great to finally be back in the gym on a consistent basis! I had a planned off week the week after Christmas which was great and allow me to recharge and focus on the upcoming year! After having a great first week back in the gym last week, the snow here in Georgia forced me to take a few more days off so its great to finally be back in the gym on a consistent basis. Due to the snow my training split was a little thrown off but I have had to awesome workouts this week so far. Right now I am currently on a High volume using max weight for the rep ranges.

Current Split
    Mon- Legs
    Tuesday- Chest
    Wed- Arms
    Thurs- Off
    Friday- Back and Hams (every other week)
    Sat- Delts
    Sun- Off

Wednesday 1/12/11 Chest and Triceps

Flat DB bench 4x8 100's

Steep incline DB Bench
    75's x 10
    85's x 10
    90's x 7
    95's x 7 drop 55's failure

DB Fly's
    4x15 55's slow tempo

Decline Press
    3x10-12 top set 205

Machine flat press neutral grip
    3x12 really focusing on squeezing and slow eccentric part of the movement.

SA rope overhead Ext 6x12-15
    Top set 50lbs

Seated EZ curl overhead ext 3x10
    Top Set 90 Lbs

SA cable pressdown 3x12
    Top set 70 lbs

Horizontal cable kickbacks to finish off

*** Overall it was a great workout and i was just excited to be back in the gym after being stuck in the house for three days. Chest is definitely a week area for me and one that I have been focusing on bringing up this offseason. Key thing for me is just being patient and consistent challenging and challenging myself every wo whether that be increasing weight or just really focusing on tempo and squeezing out every rep making sure that what body part i am is actually doing the work.
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Thursday 1/13/11

Leg Day (Favorite training day of the week!!!)

Hack Squats 3x15
    Top set 3 45"s + 25

SL leg leg curls 4x15 last set 25 partials

Leg press (Feet low on the platform, really wanted to force my quads to do a majority of the work) 4x 15 working sets, 3-4 sec negative
    Top set 9 plates a side

A2A smith machine squats 3x12-10
    Top set 275 drop 185 x 15 drop 135 x 10 no pausing

Walking lunges 3x12 EL with 135

Superset
    SL Leg ext 3x12-15
    Seated leg curl 3x12 Really focused on a one to two sec squeeze at contraction

***Legs is also another area that I wanted to bring a whole new look too the next time i step on stage. Legs have a been a HUGE focus all offseason and I really am excited to see the outcome when I start dieting for my next show which i have not fully decided on yet but probably late summer early fall is when i will be back on stage. I have also started to incorporate stretching and foam rolling an a daily basis and am really surprised by the difference I can see already in not only muscle shape but just how I feel during workouts. I have always been a very tight person when it comes to flexibility but rolling has definitely helped. The usual pain and tightness that I would feel on leg days in my hips is now gone and am basically pain free throughout the workout. If this is something that you guys are not trying I would definitely recommend you start! Looking forward to killing back tomorrow at Fitness Forum in Gainesville Ga. I will work on getting some more videos up soon!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Right on Matt! I'm in on this one Offseason pics are looking solid, noticable gains in the legs. You can tell you have been putting in the work!

....and agree with the foam rolling and stretching, makes a huge difference.
    Lukus Ehlis
    B.S. Exercise Science
    IFPA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    ---------------------------------
    YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ehlisl
    Instagram:
    http://instagram.com/ehlisl
    Twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/ehlisl
    Blog : Trove26
    http://www.trove-26.blogspot.com

Back and calves Friday 1/15/11

Wow it wasnt within just a couple of hours and I was already feeling this one. I started out today with HS pullovers which was a machine that I have never given much of a chance in the past but see that many people really like so I gave it another shot. My intent was just to use it as more of a warm up and active stretch before I got into my heavy work, but after just two sets I really felt it hitting deep into my lats in a way that I usually do not feel during the first exercise. Here is what I did today:

HS lat pullover 4x10 1-2 sec pause at peak contration and slow eccentric
    top set 4 plates x 10

Barbell row 6x15-8
    -top sets 3 x 255

Seated cable row 4x15,12,12,10 last set triple drop

HS close grip high row 5x15-10
    -3 plates a side slow tempo with my chest up against the pad and butt actually further back on the seat in order to really feel it in my upper back.

-I always get such good mind muscle connection with this HS machine so I did two more sets charles glass style with my hands in a neutral position on the bars outside the handles

Rack Deadlift 3x10/1x15
    I have started setting the pin about mid calf and ret set before each pull to make sure that there is no momentum in between pulls
    Top set 365x10

rope pulls 3x15

Calves

Standing raises 5x15-10 slow tempo

Donkey raises
    Quad drop set

**stretching**

Overall a great workout lots of volume which i really enjoy and the pump I had with insane.
    After training I headed to get some treatment done I have had a bulging disk in my lower back that i have been seeing a PT/Chiro for and what he has been has really been helping. He has been doing a lot of massage techniques, electric stim as well as adjustments. Got delts on tap for today
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Originally Posted by ehlisl View Post
    Right on Matt! I'm in on this one Offseason pics are looking solid, noticable gains in the legs. You can tell you have been putting in the work!

....and agree with the foam rolling and stretching, makes a huge difference.
    Thanks Luke, its been a big focus this off season and I think its really paid off! Appreciate the props man!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Boulder Shoulders and Bi's

Killer workout today, shoulders quivering everytime i raise them over my head several hours later is a good indicator to me haha.

Shoulders

Seated DB press 4x10-6
    Top set 90's x 6

Lateral raises superset with standing Barbell press 4x15-10
    Top set 40's x 10 / 95 x 10

DB front raise ladder sets 3 x 1-5
    Top Sets 50's

DB two arm front swing 3 x 15
    50's all three sets

Reverse Peck Deck single arm 3x15-10

Rope upright row superset with Rope high pulls 3x10 each

Biceps

Standing Barbell curl 6x15-6 triple drop last set
    Top set 110 drop 95 drop 65

Single Arm ez curl 3 x 10
    This was a new exercise that i tried for the first time and really liked it. Gave me a huge pump and really felt like i was using total bicep activation for stabilization

Seated cable behind head curls 3x12 superset with reverse barbell curl

Seated cable preacher curl

***Huge pump by this point finished with some stretching ending a great week of training. Might head in tomorrow for some ropes and core just for fun! Calorie increase went well this week felt great in the gym, weight still hovering around 187-189
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Leg day 1/17/11

Nice to get back on my normal spilit after last week getting all messed up cause of the weather. I have been trying to train amap with bodyspace member Malcolm Redd who is currently 11 weeks out from his first show which is the NPC natural in Ohio on April 2nd. He is looking solid for 11 weeks out and will probably come in in the Light Heavy group. Training with him has been awesome for me, he is one strong dude and we really push each other well! Here is what we did today, started off with Hams first instead of Quads it was a good change of pace.

Stiff leg deads in the Rack pins just below knees 3x8
    Top Set 395x5

Lying leg curls 3x15 with 20 partials on last set

Leg press 3x10
    Worked our way up to a HEAVY 3X10 with a 3 sec negative on each rep
    Top Set 11pps

Squats 3x8
    Again aimed for lower reps legs were pretty smoked by this point
    Top Set 315x5 dropped 225 to failure

Hack squats 3x15 triple drop on last set

Alt lunges superset with adduction machine 3x15
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

MalcolmRedd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I appreciate ya bro!! Good thread! I like the daily updates,, I need to learn this bodyspace thing a little better and i'll start putting mine up as well. I just posted my NPC Natural Ohio contest prep forum. Maybe I'll get the hang of it all soon enough. Thanks for the support, and more importantly, motivation!
    trainINSANE

Arms and Battle Ropes

Today was an off day just a few sets of abs and rest gearing up for back tomorrow but yesterday I met up with MalcolmRedd here on the forums. We actually decided to train at a different gym for a change of pace, some added energy being that it is in a busier part of town as well as it being well equiped. Turned out to be a great decision the gym was full of bigger guys and the energy in there was awesome. We even finished with two rounds of Tabita on the battle ropes and for those of you who havnt tried it, the pump you get in your arms especially after training them is just insane.

Cambered bar pressdows (lifefitness machine)
    15,12,10,8,6 drop 15
    Top set stack x 6

DB curls
    Same rep scheme as pressdowns
    Top set 55 x 5, drop 30's x 15

Cable rope overhead press superset with cable straight bar 21's
    really focused on the squeeze weight didnt get too high but had a great pump

incline skull crushers superset with stright bar spider curls
    3 x 10-8 each drop 5-10 on last set
    Top Set 90 x 8 on crushers/60 x 8 spider curls

Dips 4-5 sec count on eccentric/pause at bottom superset with hammer curls
    2 x 15-12 each

Reverse SA extension superset with preacher curl
    2x 12 great way to finish

Two tabita battle rope rounds alternating motions on ropes
    SMOKED!!!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Back + Hams Friday 1/21/11

CLose grip pulldowns
    190 x 12
    220 x 10
    235 x 8 x 4 x 1 (rest pause)

Wide grip chest suppported T-bar row
    4 x 12 Top set 3 plates

Reverse wide grip lat pulldowns
    Used a variation I saw charles glass use on dexter in a recent video almost leaning back into the stack. Puts a good stetch and a lot of stress on the lats
    4x12-10 top set 180 x 10 drop 140 x 4

Seated cable row using individual handles for greater contraction at waist
    4 x 12 220

Barbell row
    3 x 10 225
    2 x 15 185

Deadlifts
    225 x 15
    275 x 15
    315 x 8
    315 x 6 SMOKED

Seated hamstring curl
    3x15 - 10 Top set 145

Lying Ham curl 21's
    3 x 85

hyperextensions superset with standing leg curl
    3 x 15-12
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Shoulders and Traps

Had a little extra motivation going into todays workout, I spent the day at the NSCA strength and conditioning conference here in Atlanta. It was a great day of learing and a constant reminder that i need to ALWAYS be learning and expanding my knowledge or else im gonna get left behing the industy is moving so fast! Anyway back to the workout:

SA incline cable rear delt raise
    3 x 15

Cable overhead rear delt cross
    3 x 12-10

Seated Kettlebell lateral raises
    Focused on really crushing the grip and keeping the bells level with my arms throughout the motion instead of letting them swing down.
    5x 20-15 working with 12 and 16 kg balls. HUGE PUMP FROM THESE!!!

Hammer MTS shoulder press
    100 x 15
    120 x 12
    140 x 10
    140 x 7 drop 100 x 10

Standing lateral raise
    Reverse pyramid sets
    25 x 15, 35 x 8, 40's x 6

Battle rope upright row with kettlebell superset with Kbell swings into rear delt squeeze Learned these from Joe Daniels of swing this kettlebell awesome exercise rear delts are absolutly fired
    3 x 12 - 10 each

DB shrugs with 2 sec hold superset with hanging reverse shrugs (scapula retraction)
    70 x 15
    100 x 15
    110 x 12
    115 x 10

Hangs x 12

Seated Calf raise
    5 x 15 , 12 , 10 , 8 , 8 triple drop super slow tempo complete pause at top and bottom

Hammer hack calf raises
    3 x 12

Rest day and cheat meal tomorrow gonna enjoy it!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Legs

Leg workouts have been going great lately, really focusing on switching up order sometimes pre-exhausting and sometimes working on compounds then finishing with more of a pump. Today we went hard and heavy from the start. I have been having some tightness in my calves and soleus i think which may be from switching to vibrams shoes not only for bodybuilding but for a lot of everyday life. Vibrams really change the way you walk and recruit your calves when you walk.I have noticed many days that i wake up with sore calves although i hadnt trained them in a few days. So I have been trying to stretch more and roll my calves on my foam roller trying to work out my knots. So with that being said today I placed a 2.5 lb plate under my ankles and it really helped a lot and with flexibility and depth.

Squats 5x15,12,8,8,5,4 drop 10
    Top Set 335

RDL's 4x12,12,10,10,8
    Top set 255

Leg ext 4x15

Lying Ham curl *warm up + 1 strip set

SL leg press 4x15,15,12,10
    Top set 4 plates a side

Hack squat 3x15,12,10 drop 5 *really focused on slow eccentric

Jump Alt lunges superset with Leg abduction 3x12

DONE!!!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Chest with Marc "The Machine" Lobliner

It was great to be able to train with Marc today, heard he was going to be in town and it worked out that we were able to meet up for a workout. Definitely motivating to train with someone who is shredded to the bone! Here is what I did

Incline Barbell 5x5 slow tempo 3-1-3 tempo
    worked with 225 for all sets

Incline DB Fly
    12 x 55's
    12 x 60's
    10 x 65's
    8 x 70's drop 10 x 45's

Flat DB press 4x8-10

Incline machine press 3x12
    incorporated both rest pause and drop sets on the last set

seated cable flys superset with db pullovers focusing on squeeze 3x 12-15 each

***static stretching

Standing calf raise on smith 5x12-8

Seated calf raise superset with seated calf raise 3x10 ea
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Back and new deadlifting program

I wanted to place a lot of focus on my deadlifting for the next few months before I start to prep. Deads are an area that I have not really progressed in this offseason like I have in all of my other major lifts. Back strength, legs, chest ect have all increased this offseason surpassing my last but my deads are still hovering around the same gereral numbers. This is the first time that I have tried this approach of actually working in percentages of my 1RM but after doing some research on Ed Coans training and his program I decided to give it a try. I will be doing this for 10 weeks aiming at a 455+ pull off the floor. I left my pride at the door when deciding to do this because although i could pull 405 off the floor right now form is not nearly as tight as I would like, so in all actuality keeping the form that I felt is best I started my 1rm total @ 385. I know that lower back strength is an area that I lose strength in during a prep so i wanted to combat that by really focusing on getting as strong as possible so that if i do lose strength it will not be close to the level that it was last year. Another goal I have for this program is to really work on my grip strength. I have never deadlifted without straps until today and I know that my grip stength is a week point in my training. So my goal is to do my max lifts at the beggining of my deadlifting with straps but to do all of my volume speed work with an over under grip not using straps.

Deads
    *not including warm ups
    Top set 340 x 2
    Speed work 8 x 3 with 275

CG pulldowns 7x15-8 drop last set
    Top set 220

DB rows 4x15-8 drop last set
    Top set 150's x 8, drop 100's x 8

HS high row 3x12-8
    3 PPS

Seated incline low row 4x10

HS pullover 3x10-12

Finished with two drops sets on 2 arm kettle bell swings with 70lb - 20 lb kb 6 total kettle bells. Again this was to focus on strenthening posterior chain and helping with my deadlifting and squats
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

In for the ride, Matt.
    If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way.

ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Solid workouts Matt! Motivation must have been off the charts workingout with Marc.

Im also excited to see where you take the deads on this program. By far one of my favorite lifts!
    Lukus Ehlis
    B.S. Exercise Science
    IFPA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ehlisl
    Instagram:
    http://instagram.com/ehlisl
    Twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/ehlisl
    Blog : Trove26
    http://www.trove-26.blogspot.com

Shoulders/Traps and Abs

DB shoulder press
    75's x 12
    85's x 8 x 2
    90's x 5

Standing barbell press
    115 x 10 3 sec eccentric count to chest
    125 x 9
    135 x 6,3,1 RP

Superset Reverse Fly with EZ curl front raise
    Top set 35's x 10 and 80 x 8-10 forgot lol

Hanging 1 arm DB upright row
    60 x 12
    70 x 10
    80 x 8

SA DB lateral raise superset with Cable overhead rear delt cross
    50's x 10 all three sets

Smith shrugs 5x12-10 two sec hold
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Originally Posted by mivi320 View Post
    In for the ride, Matt.
    Thanks man, glad to have you following along!

Originally Posted by ehlisl View Post
    Solid workouts Matt! Motivation must have been off the charts workingout with Marc.

Im also excited to see where you take the deads on this program. By far one of my favorite lifts!
    Yeah Luke Im really excited about it too, like I said this was the first time that I am taking a more methodical approaching to my deads so we will see, yesterday seemed extremely easy I did my heavy working set @ 70% and my speed work @ 60%. I have heard it gets a lot tougher after a couple weeks. Goal for now is to pull 455 x 3 at 185 lbs in 12 weeks so we shal see lol
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Wheels

Workout didnt go exactly as planned gym was a busy and machines that I wanted to start off with were taken so Malcolm and I kinda winged it and it ended up working out really well!

Lying leg curls Reverse Pyramid
    190 x 6
    175 x 8
    160 x 10
    130 x 12
    100 x 15 + 5 partner forced negatives

Hack Squat
    2 pps x 12
    3 pps x 12
    3 pps + 25 x 10
    3 pps + 35 x 8
    4 pps x 4 PR drop 2 pps x 15

Leg extensions Reverse Pyramid
    190 x 6
    175 x 8
    160 x 10
    130 x 12
    100 x 15 + 5 partner forced negatives

Stiff leg Deads
    185 x 15
    225 x 15
    255 x 10
    275 x 6

Squats superset with Leg press feet close
    225 x 10 / 6pps x 15
    255 x 10 / 6pps x 15
    255 x 8 / 6 pps x 15

Walking Lunges
    135 x 12 steps (2 sets)
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Chest

Got a couple days behind, had an extremely busy week at work and school but workouts have been going great. Strength is definitely increasing and weight is right around 189-190

Incline chest press
    225 x 6
    225 x 6
    225 x 5
    205 x 6, 3, 2 RP

HS Lying fltat chest press Really focusing on deep stretch and full contraction
    2 pps + 25 x 8
    2 pps + 25 x 8
    2 pps + 10 x 8 drop 2 pps x 6

Flat Db fly
    Top set 60's x 10

Sigle arm Db press
    2 x 10 with 60

Decline Chest press 3 x 12
    55's - 70's
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Back and week 2 of Deads program

Dead lifts* warmup sets on deads
    1x2 @ 365 (80%)
    Speed work
    8x3 @ 290

Week 2 Deadlift Video: http://qik.ly/eC5cVNP2HHjPAEZFkAepsJ
    Working on how to get this on youtube my uploader broke

HS seated row 4x15-8

Old skool T Bars
    top set 8 35 lb plates x 7

Wide Grip lat pulldown 4x12-8
    Top set 220 life fitness stack

Reverse grip EZ curl bent rows 4 x 8-10
    Got this idea form Luke Ehlis here on the forums

Seated Cable rows superset with Wide grip cable pulldowns
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Deadlift Video from last week

Currently Running Ed Coans 10 week deadlift program

Week 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbSGybVTMms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhuS-bJxVWE
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Legs

Smith squats
    225 x 15
    275 x 12
    305 x 10
    315 x 5 (3 sets)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvE0yJ-4GMs

Leg press
    6 pps x 15
    8 pps x 15
    10 pps x 10 (2 sets)
    8 pps RP x 12, 5, 2

DB SLDL
    80 x 15
    100 x 12 (3 sets)

Reverse Hack squat
    3 pps x 12 (3 sets)

Single Db Front squat
    2 x 15 with 100's

Seated Ham curl
    3 x 15, last set 15 partials

Leg extension superset with lunges
    3 x 15 on each
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Back/Calves and a little forarm training

Seated Cable Fly 5x15-8
    *really like pre exhasting every couple of weeks on chest

Incline smith press (Set stoppers so bar rests right above chest, complete pause then explode)
    4x8 @ 225-245

Decline DB press
    2x8
    2x10

Incline Db press using fat grips
    3x 10 @ 75 completely changes the feel of the movement with the grips

Dips
    3 x failure with 25lb chain usually 10-12

Seated calf raise
    5x12-15 complete pause at top and bottom

Occuded calf raises on machine (worst possible pain I have felt working out)
    5x12-15 @ 50% of 15RM: 30 sec rest between sets

Joe Daniels inspired forarm Circut using fat grips (3 Rounds)
    All exercises taken to failure which isnt many usually around 5-8
    - pullups
    - barbell high row
    - supinated barbell row
    - rg pullup
    - db rotations elbow @ 90
    - forearm rope rataions
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Arms

They have been an area that I have really been trying to focus on this offseason and slowly but surely I think it is paying off. Not really so focused on weight although that too has been going up but more on MM conntection and really squeezing out every rep. Everyonce in a while throwing in different intensity techinques but mainly just trying to be consistent as possible and not let up on intensity on arm day. This last month I have been doing heavier straight sets of a Tricep movement then a bicep followed by 3 supersets. Here is how today looked:

Close grip bench
    3 working sets 3x8-6 triple drop on last set (2-3 sec eccentric)
    Top Set 225 x 6

Standing Barbell curl
    3 working sets 3x6 triple drop on last set (2-3 sec eccentric)
    Top set 115 x 8

Lying Db ext SS seated pronated Db curl with Fat gripz
    3x12-10

Weighted dips SS Cable cambered bar preacher curl
    3x 15-10

Reverse Cable Ext SS Seated Cable behind head curl
    2x15-12

Occulsion Rope overhead ext SS DB hammer curls
    4x12-8 @ 50% of 15RM 30 sec rest between sets

***stretching
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com