Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cardio and some good eats from today

Weight: 182.4 Still holding steady and find it hard to belief the refeed did nothing to my weight!

Today I did 5 min of battle ropes nothing intense but got a good sweat working then finished up my session on the stepmill. Every session gets easier for me to get in the zone and focus on the task at hand. I found out early in my last prep that I really do enjoy cardio within reason, its a nice break during my day for me to just zone out and get some good thinking in with little to no distraction.

Tried out some new meals today...WIN!

Hard to tell but its an "inside out burger" sweet potatoes and a few baked lays
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CHRIS925 View Post
    Nice work Matt! 360 like it's no-thang! Soon to see 170's can you believe it?

Aware me on these "myo reps" that Eric has been talking about.. I see you've implemented them. I stay out of the loop with these new training techniques (i.e. occlusion / myo reps / etc.) lol I stick to my regular training but it's interesting to read about what these techniques are, and which prove to be effective with used properly...
    Dude i know 170's coming quick...hitting that somewhere during my 16 weeks out week would be nice!

Myo reps...definitely recommend them but in order to not confuse you just check out the link thats on page 6 that I posted...pretty indepth. Its very efficient though man and a good intensity technique for us dieting guys to try!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Mr_Aestheticz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr_Aestheticz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr_Aestheticz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr_Aestheticz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr_Aestheticz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr_Aestheticz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr_Aestheticz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr_Aestheticz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr_Aestheticz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr_Aestheticz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr_Aestheticz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keep after the nitty gritty grind kid I see a sick physique in the works I can feel it!!
    Natural Bodybuilding Pro
    Scivation Sponsored Athlete
    Schiek Sponsored Athlete

CEO of Aesthetics Training and Nutrition
    http://ifpaprorjperkins.net/aesthetics-training-nutrition/

RJ Perkins official WEB-SITE!
    www.ifpaprorjperkins.net

RJ Perkins official FAN PAGE!
    http://www.facebook.com/ifpaprorjperkins

RJ Perkins is on Twitter FOLLOW ME!
    http://twitter.com/Mr_Aestheticz

RJ Perkins official YOUTUBE!
    http://www.youtube.com/ifpaprorjperkins

New low today: 182.0

Be back later after Chest and accessory work! Time to dig deep!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Originally Posted by Mr_Aestheticz View Post
    Keep after the nitty gritty grind kid I see a sick physique in the works I can feel it!!
    Thanks brother! Got a long way to go but I am finially starting to see the glimpses of a bodybuilder again! 17 weeks....time to grind hard!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

6/8/11

Weight: 182.0 New low coming after an off day!*

Had a great upper session last night! Bench weight was relatively easy but it's helping getting me primed for the heavy sets in the coming weeks.*

Bench:*
    195x1
    225x1
    255x1
    195x5 - 3 sets

BB floor press:*
    225x6
    235x6

Kroc DB row:*
    125x8 (2 sets)*

Chest supported neutral grip row
    90x10 2 sets

Standing barbell press*
    155x6
    135x6

RG pulldown myo reps
    160x10,3,3,3,3,3

RG tricep pressdown*
    130x13
    150x10

Barbell curl myo reps*
    90x12,3,3,3,3,3,3

Lateral raise myo
    35x12,3,3,3,3,3,3

Occluded SA tri extension

XERXES YGGDRASIL InclineDBPresss's Avatar
    InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking good, I like the Sheiko workouts subbed
    My training log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143412923

Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    can’t stop, wont stop!!

Talking Unexpected Refeed today! Ill take it

Weight: 180.8!New low, 170's are within reach now! I honestly felt really light last night so just for kicks I weighed myself and was only 1.6 up from my morning weight yesterday so I knew today was going to be a new low!

Refeed today: 270/400/40

Headed to do my lower pull workout now and then spend the rest of the day celebrating my gf's birthday!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

I will be doing a big update the start of this week but I am up here spending the weekend in KY with my girl and am trying to stay away from the comp as much as possible.

weight: 181.4 Second lowest weight of prep so far, and its coming after a refeed!

Headed to smash and upper body session and show the step mill whats up!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Lower squat focus

I wont bore you guys with my workouts from this weekend, but i had a great weekend visiting my girlfriend up in Kentucky! I was able to train at a great Urban active while I was there that was more than equipped with everything I needed. I am now currently in week 2 of my 6 week peaking cycle for my powerlifting meet and everything is running very smooth. My recovery is great and I can honestly say up this point every day of prep has been amazing! I went into this prep vowing to enjoy every day and up to this point I have done just that. At this point the weeks seem to be flying by, I have a pretty busy schedule between work, my summer internship and summer classes so that also helps, but i honestly have not had a tuff day yet and plan on doing the best I can to remain mentally tuff enough to keep it that way for a while I am currently 16 weeks out and its time to dig deep(er)!!!

weight: 181.0 lowest weight so far besides my one crazy drop on friday moring.

Squats
    ***warm ups sets of 5-1
    315x1
    345x1
    375x1 (felt smooth!)
    315x3
    265x3 (2 sets)

Speed deads (used 35's being that I feel I have quick hip movement towards the bar but my initial pull could be faster so I just lowered them a bit to work on the initail pull)

Myo hacks:
    315x10,3,3,3,3,3,3

Myo seated calf raise
    150x11,4,4,4,4,4

Occluded leg press
    6pps x 15,15,15
    ABS: 3 boring but crazy burning sets haha
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hit the books harder, prep might be a little TOUGH for you. i think its taking away from your studies hahah
    ok but surrisly? what gives

Ben I'm so confused???

djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    I wont bore you guys with my workouts from this weekend, but i had a great weekend visiting my girlfriend up in Kentucky! I was able to train at a great Urban active while I was there that was more than equipped with everything I needed. I am now currently in week 2 of my 6 week peaking cycle for my powerlifting meet and everything is running very smooth. My recovery is great and I can honestly say up this point every day of prep has been amazing! I went into this prep vowing to enjoy every day and up to this point I have done just that. At this point the weeks seem to be flying by, I have a pretty busy schedule between work, my summer internship and summer classes so that also helps, but i honestly have not had a tuff day yet and plan on doing the best I can to remain mentally tuff enough to keep it that way for a while I am currently 16 weeks out and its time to dig deep(er)!!!

weight: 181.0 lowest weight so far besides my one crazy drop on friday moring.

Squats
    ***warm ups sets of 5-1
    315x1
    345x1
    375x1 (felt smooth!)
    315x3
    265x3 (2 sets)

Speed deads (used 35's being that I feel I have quick hip movement towards the bar but my initial pull could be faster so I just lowered them a bit to work on the initail pull)

Myo hacks:
    315x10,3,3,3,3,3,3

Myo seated calf raise
    150x11,4,4,4,4,4

Occluded leg press
    6pps x 15,15,15
    ABS: 3 boring but crazy burning sets haha
    375 smooth? Knee wraps? Im thinking 455?!

Yeeaaaaaa Buddddyyyyyy
    IFPA Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    Team Scivation
    Team 3DMJ
    IG @Daddyfatceps

Ben I'm so confused???
    i was just busting your balls about using “tuff”

New low and miss today

WEIGHT: 180.0 BOOM!

Got 1 tabita round of battle ropes and 25 min on the stepmill today, not as crazy as some of you guys but ill probably stay at level 9 for the duration.

Trying something new for lunch today and looking forward to it!
    -cream of rice
    -scivation whey vanilla
    -apple pie spice
    -nutmeg
    -apples
    -honey roasted peanuts
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Hello 170's

Weight: 179.4 See ya 180's!

Jason really wanted to give my metabolism a good spike today with high GI carbs, so I was told to go get some of my favoites:
    -Reeses puffs
    -golden grams
    -low fat pop tarts
    -lots of fruit
    ...just to name a few!

Macros for todays Refeed: 240/480/40

Planning on posting some pics friday unless I have some major spillage from the sugar so far today I have continued to get tighter as the day goes on so we shall see!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's what I'm talkin' bout Matt 170s boiiiiii.

Gotta love it Let's see some pics
    I'M ON A MISSION. OPERATION: 2013 PRO CARD. JOIN ME FOR THE RIDE ;) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139931113

Golden Grahams!!

Originally Posted by Bmarchio View Post
    Golden Grahams!!
    Had em 3x today
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Originally Posted by CHRIS925 View Post
    That's what I'm talkin' bout Matt 170s boiiiiii.

Gotta love it Let's see some pics
    Ill see what I can do they definitely will be taken but im trying to decide If i want to post them. I had originally planned on posting them 12 weeks out but maybe i will! Thanks for checking in and for the encouragement bud! This is starting to get really fun!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Had a great one tonight! I was surpisingly hungry too but had a good sugar pump going in no time!

Bench:
    210x1
    240x1
    270x1
    210x3 (3 sets)

BB floor press:
    230x6
    240x6 was able to beat both of last weeks sets!

Croc Row
    125x8
    130x8
    110x12

Seated cable row
    190x10 (2 sets with slow negative)

Seated DB press:
    85x6 (2 sets)

Skull crushers
    90x9
    80x13

RG cable extension:
    140x8
    120x10

Myo rep BB curl
    95x10,3,3,3,3,3

Myo rep lateral raise
    35's x 10,3,3,3,3,3,3
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

HIIT today

Weight: 179.6 woke up .2 heavier after yesterdays refeed of 480 metab on fire haha.

HIIT today:
    battle ropes (15 sec interval)
    box jumps and kettle bell swings (45 sec interval)

Finishing up with 20 min on the stepmill
    Last edited by mattjansen; 06-16-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Weight: 189.6
    189.6! Typo?! Strong 10lb gain, Matty
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Follow me on twitter @mattrepece and InstaGram at mrepece!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161395983 - 2014 prep log!

Ha thanks buddy, fixed it
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Weight: 178.4. New low, still weird tryping numbers in the 170's.*

Macros: 295/250/55*

Today was the first day I have honestly felt like I was prepping so far. Training was great but in between sets I was definitely having to regroup and get focused up for the next set. Deadlifts felt great while doing them but were pretty taxing.*

Deads:*
    *warm ups
    330x1
    360x1
    390x1
    330x3
    285x3 (2 sets)*

Glute/Ham bridges
    225x12
    245x10 glutes and Hams on fire

GM's-forgot to do these Monday)
    245x5 (2 sets)*

Free motion squat:*
    Myo reps 360x12,5,5,5,5,5,5 really found my groove!*

Lying ham curls:*
    110x20
    125x15
    135x10

Calves and abs 5 sets

Occluded leg curl*
    85x20,15,8,10

Weight: 178.4. New low, still weird tryping numbers in the 170's.*

Macros: 295/250/55*
    holla

Start of 15 weeks out pics

Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Weight: 177.6

Macro's: 240/510/40 REFEED

Gearing up for a big leg day tonight. First time using knee wraps as well getting prepaired for my meet on July 16
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Workout felt great tonight! I was feeling a little off for most of the afternoon but everything came together nicely tonight. Im a person that does well off of fats when it comes to my energy levels, so even though the refeeds are great I can feel it when my fats are low. I did a bad job of spacing them out evenly today so until my pre workout meal I had only gotten about 15g in so I was feeling a bit weak. As soon as I started squatting things came together quite nicely though. Started working at my higher percentages today 92.5% on squats and it felt great. Today was my first day wrapping my knees which felt a bit weird so I might just ditch that idea.

Squats:
    ***warm ups
    330x1
    360x1
    390x1
    330x3
    280x3 (2 sets)

Speed deads
    245x2 (6 sets)

GM's
    245x5
    255x5

Myo Hacks
    3pps + 5. 10,3,3,3,3,3,3

Myo calves

Weighted decline crunch

Occluded leg press
    6ppsx15 (4 sets) occluded PR! Mind over matter!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com