Registered User paintballer1332's Avatar
    paintballer1332 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

strange effects from assault preworkout... ADHD

hey guys not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I currently am trying to get in shape/cut up with a freind of mine and we both ordered the assault preworkout. He had told me that in the past when he used to take preworkout and he would get a tingly sensation along with energy and the will and desire to workout harder than usual. He loved the stuff and said it was great. A couple days ago he had me try jack3d (however you spell it) and it made me feel as if I should go to sleep or something.. made me very tired.
    I have ADHD and take ritalin whenever I feel the need to concentrate (currently attending ASU)
    This morning we went for an early run and he wanted to take it just to see how it worked (This was the first time he used the brand assault..) We took the preworkout at like 9 then went running about 10 minutes later. At the start of the run I was the one making him keep going and pushing him... about 10-20 minutes in I started getting hella slugish and just a tired/down/lazy feeling. Once I started getting like this he started picking it up and making me try harder.

My question is, does anyone here know the effects of assault on someone who has ADHD. My theory is that assault is supposed to get you amped up and maybe a bit jittery? Well stuff like this tends to have an opposite affect on those with ADD/ADHD so is it actually slowing me down and causing me to "crash"?

If anyone here knows anything about this, any input would be great!! maybe I just need to take a supplement that aids in muscle building and not so much something that is supposed to energize you.

Thanks guys and sorry if this question has already been answered, is in the wrong place, etc.

Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just ran across this.. but every one reacts to stims and supps differently. As far as the effectiveness and crash, there is no one supplement that works 100% best for everyone, hence why there are so many of them. Id say just find out what works best for you and go from there and also mess with the dosage. Id talk to your dr. when mixing supps like that with ritalin, or other adhd drugs for that matter. Side note.. the tingling you mentioned is more than likely from the dose of beta-alanine in Assault, a common side effect and nothing to worry about. Hope that helped a little better late than never i guess

dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If supps containing caffeine cause an opposite effect for you with your adhd, I would stick to non-stim preworkouts, we will have caffeine free Assault coming soon!
    *MusclePharm: Official Supplement of the UFC*

drew[at]musclepharm.com

RIP G.K. Miller 7/7/1963-2/13/2007

FEAR IS THE MINDKILLER

********.com/musclepharm

JaegerBombXLr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have the same problem

I too have adhd. I actually have a very bad case of it. i have tried many pre work outs and they all make me feel tired. dont listen to people saying you will find the right one. you never will cause all pre workouts contain the same ingredients as aderol, concerta, and ridalin. I know this because i just watched a documentary on 60 minutes about it. This is why pre workout affects people like you and me differently. My advice to you is to start using the ingrediants of the pre workout that actually benefit people like us. The three ingredients are arginine, Bcaa, and beta alanine. You can buy these 3 ingredients separately on here except arginine. the arginine is only sold by gnc. not too expensive. bcaa 60 serving= 27 bucks, beta alanine 75 servings= 23 bucks, and arginine 80 servings= 32 bucks. not a bad deal.

Cywxz007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

I dont know if I have ADHD or not I.e I haven't been diagnosed yet, but Assault and and Xplode stuff like that used to crazy amp me up but make me numb and weird if I didn't get into the mood, but more recently after about a year of taking scoops to feel less anxious at work and give me an energy buzz I've found caffeine makes me sluggish as **** but I still get a peripheral jitter. So, maybe just work on caffeine free/ amphetamine derivative free supplements or alternatively make your own,
    My favourite compounds are
    Creatine
    Beta-Alanine
    Agmatine
    BCAA's.
    To get amped luckily all it takes is a jolt from sugar, so drink it all with a high content sugar beverag, it also helps with absorption and distribution :-)

Alliefromcali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hashtag adhd problems

So I've been trying to research the effects between pre workouts & adhd people and this helped a lot!! Lol as weird as this sounds: Im anti medication when it comes to my adhd (been there, done that..) I get anger issues, headaches, & stressed on ********. Currently, as an SDSU student, I was wondering if taking a pw would help me with my classes (since it has the opposite effect with us). So my mission this next month is to do my own experiment to see how well I do in my 3 hour lecture class, courtesy of my pre workout. Wish my luck! This post gave me hope