Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 2984
    GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Watched Dark Waters starring Mark Ruffalo.

The theme was based on the true story of a town in W. Virginia that was poisoned over a period of years by the illegal dumping of poisonous chemicals by DuPont in the early 1990s, and their legal struggles against DuPont and the lawyer who took the case (Ruffalo). 2 hours. No CGI. I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually very good. Excellent acting.

Highly recommend.
    ---

Haven't seen it yet. Synopsis reminds me of John Travolta's flick, "A Civil Matter." That story took place in Massachusetts, I think. Good movie, never made much money, but I thought he turned in a fine performance, and I've never been a fan of his.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    Or "Under the Dome" where SPOILER ALERT!!!the whole thing was some kind of alien kids game? Gag me with a spoon!!
    I haven't seen this but hasn't that story been written several times already? Star Trek, Twilight Zone come to mind.
    Bro with mattbro95

***Dirty South Crew***

Post Workout Commando Crew

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    6 Underground starring Ryan Reynolds and you will find it on Netflix is a decent enough watch. The plot is pretty good with a billionaire who witnesses a tragic event and decides to right that wrong and set the world on the correct path. Tons of action but also a ton of plot holes that you need to ignore as well as a few continuity issues which I despise such as a car getting all shot up and then is pristine, then it's all shot up again and suddenly pristine again. Major plot hole is how does someone who has "died" still have access to all of their resources? Anyways ignore those details and it is an enjoyable watch.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Or "Under the Dome" where SPOILER ALERT!!!the whole thing was some kind of alien kids game? Gag me with a spoon!!
    I forgot about that show. I watched the first season or two but I guess I forgot to pick it back up when it came back. Did the show have an ending or is that just the ending from the book? Seems like most shows I start on get cancelled between seasons and never have an ending. Just as often, like Under the Dome, I lose interest or just forget about it.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    ---

Haven't seen it yet. Synopsis reminds me of John Travolta's flick, "A Civil Matter." That story took place in Massachusetts, I think. Good movie, never made much money, but I thought he turned in a fine performance, and I've never been a fan of his.
    I’ve not seen the Travolta movie but I will look it up. I think good movies lie this often go overlooked because they only appeal to those who enjoy an actual plot with excellent acting. While the majority and the blockbusters are entertaining.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Misc Blood Drive: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881

Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gabbar99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    I’ve not seen the Travolta movie but I will look it up. I think good movies lie this often go overlooked because they only appeal to those who enjoy an actual plot with excellent acting. While the majority and the blockbusters are entertaining.
    It was A Civil Action, which was also a book. My grad school and early career research was on groundwater remediation and I worked on that site (from an office in Boston) when I worked in the EPA Superfund program. I haven't seen Dark Waters yet. I wanted to do a class field trip to see it, but the timing didn't work out. May assign students to watch it next semester, but I'll watch it first.

Thought of assigning A Civil Action to the class, but I scrolled through it and it seemed kinda boring, mostly lawyers in suits sitting around talking. I remember really liking it when it came out, but maybe that's because I'd worked on the site and had read the book. Or maybe it's much better than my scrolling suggested. A bit of fiction in the movie: the site was in the Superfund system all along before the events of the movie/book, but in the movie John Travolta turns over records to the EPA to start the process.

I suspect there are similar "based on" type things in Dark Waters, but I hadn't heard of that case and knew nothing about it. I did read the 2016 NewYorker article that the movie is based on, and it's devastating.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    6 Underground starring Ryan Reynolds and you will find it on Netflix is a decent enough watch. The plot is pretty good with a billionaire who witnesses a tragic event and decides to right that wrong and set the world on the correct path. Tons of action but also a ton of plot holes that you need to ignore as well as a few continuity issues which I despise such as a car getting all shot up and then is pristine, then it's all shot up again and suddenly pristine again. Major plot hole is how does someone who has "died" still have access to all of their resources? Anyways ignore those details and it is an enjoyable watch.
    I thought it started out pretty stupid, the old critical wound to the abdomen but can fight like 5 minutes later stuff is getting easy to switch off. I liked the story though, once I made it halfway through I knew I would watch it all and I liked how the story concluded.

Originally Posted by Gabbar99 View Post
    My grad school and early career research was on groundwater remediation and I worked on that site (from an office in Boston) when I worked in the EPA Superfund program. I haven't seen Dark Waters yet. I wanted to do a class field trip to see it, but the timing didn't work out. May assign students to watch it next semester, but I'll watch it first.
    I wrote a research paper as an undergrad about why excessive algae was blooming near lake houses that were downstream of an aquifer that had a ton of farmland. The "Adjunct Professor" gave me a B+ and went on to propose my idea of year round lakehouse/cottage leachfeild maintenance to the county and watershed society without ever mentioning my stupid undergrad ideas.
    Bro with mattbro95

***Dirty South Crew***

Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Have tickets tonight for a 9pm showing of the newest Star Wars movie, will report back with my opinion / feelings but no spoilers.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Ok my initial feelings on the latest Star Wars movie is that it copped out & used what Deadpool would call "lazy writing". It wraps everything up and there are a couple of pretty cool new characters introduced but the way they solved some of the "issues" to me was bs. A lot of it is the old "been there done that" type of scenario.

Cut Bank

On Netflix. Bily Bob Thornton being an asshat dad, small town caper story. Wasn't expecting much but man oh man was I surprised. Brilliant plot and you can't predict a single thing that will happen next, highly recommend, will watch again.
    Bro with mattbro95

***Dirty South Crew***

Watched Cut Bank 2 more times and love the tidbits I missed the first time around. Watch and report back before I hunt you down and neg you.
    Bro with mattbro95

***Dirty South Crew***

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Completely baffled by this one. Have any of you seen the trailer for "The Lighthouse"

what on earth????

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Watched 6 Underground Saturday night. Entertaining and I'll watch again, but it won't win an Emmy.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Completely baffled by this one. Have any of you seen the trailer for "The Lighthouse"

what on earth????

Critics love it = it sucks.

sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Ad Astra - Holy chit what a snoozer. As soon as the "OMG we are in space isn't that cool" factor wears out, there's nothing that makes this movie interesting. There's a possible threat that can destroy the earth and it's treated like "oh well, maybe we should do something about that... like... let's call them and ask them to please stop doing what they are doing". And the ending is as dull as the rest of the movie, as in "hey can you please stop doing that?" "Uh, oh well, since you asked nice, ok, sure". The end. Total waste of good actors, total waste of CGI. And they didn't even really bother making the space stuff correct. Like on the Moon apparently gravity goes from earth-like to moon-like pretty randomly, even that cheesy TV series "Space 1999" did a better job for gawd's sake. So unless you like veeeeryyyy sllllloooooowww motion movies, don't waste 2+ hours of your life that you'll never get back.

Men In Black International - I am a HUGE fan of the first MIB movie, I loved the characters, the concept, the humor, everything really. So I watched this one with the lowest expectations possible and you know, it wasn't terrible. They didn't try to recreate the original characters, or redo the original gags, which is always the worst part of sequels, prequels and reboots. It's not great, it's not as good as the first, but I didn't feel it was a waste of time either (like Ad phuking Astra damn it to hell!)
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Just watched Uncut Gems starring Adam Sandler who does an excellent job with the role, however the movie wasn't what I thought it was going to be and ultimately turned out to be a bit of a snoozer for myself. There is a lot of yelling and screaming which got tiresome but if you go into the movie without knowing anything about it the ending is something that I didn't see coming and was actually quite shocking.

And since I don't think we have a TV show edition of this thread I want to toss the Lost In Space series from Netflix here, I binge watched the 10 episodes from the 1st season over the past 2 days and I enjoy it. Sy may have issues with the special effects / cgi but I feel for a tv show those are actually pretty decent. It can be exhausting with the family constantly in peril but it's a fun watch.

Watched Angel Has Fallen tonight and liked it a lot, stars Gerard Butler, Morgan Freeman & Nick Nolte. Decent if not a basic plot & you know who the bad guys are almost immediately but that doesn't take away from the enjoyment. If you like explosions, gunfire and people getting shot then this is for you.

And since I don't think we have a TV show edition of this thread I want to toss the Lost In Space series from Netflix here, I binge watched the 10 episodes from the 1st season over the past 2 days and I enjoy it. Sy may have issues with the special effects / cgi but I feel for a tv show those are actually pretty decent. It can be exhausting with the family constantly in peril but it's a fun watch.
    There's a netflix specific thread, I'll bump it when I finish "Don't F*** with cats" pretty interesting watch thus far.
    Bro with mattbro95

***Dirty South Crew***

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Ok my initial feelings on the latest Star Wars movie is that it copped out & used what Deadpool would call "lazy writing". It wraps everything up and there are a couple of pretty cool new characters introduced but the way they solved some of the "issues" to me was bs. A lot of it is the old "been there done that" type of scenario.
    My wife and I saw it tonight, and I pretty much agree with what you wrote, but that's been true of EVERY Star Wars movie since Episode IV. Plot threads that go nowhere, convenient nonsensical or unlikely coincidences, casual violations of established canon, cartoonish characters, trite dialog, and cutsie critters that get in the way of the story -- when there is a coherent story.

But none of that is new or unique to this episode. It's the hallmark of all of them, and it's actually part of the fun.

And we did have fun. We heckled it abundantly, snickered, and groaned a few times. But ultimately, it was a pretty satisfying fairy tale. I mostly liked how they wrapped up the different characters, and there were some unexpected surprises that were good to see.

I think the ending does leave a potential opening for a continuation of the story if Disney decides they can make money doing that, but if the tale is truly ended, then I think it was wrapped up well.

Not a spoiler, but I was surprised by how big a role the late Carrie Fisher played with Leia, they must have had a lot of extra archival footage to use, but it seemed to fit together into the story pretty seamlessly.
    I'm out, standing in my field.

64 and still a newbie.

Desparado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Desparado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Desparado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Desparado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Desparado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Desparado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Desparado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Desparado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Desparado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Desparado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Desparado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Cut Bank

On Netflix. Bily Bob Thornton being an asshat dad, small town caper story. Wasn't expecting much but man oh man was I surprised. Brilliant plot and you can't predict a single thing that will happen next, highly recommend, will watch again.
    Definitely a hidden gem. Thanks for the reco. Lots of accomplished actors; Bruce Dern, John Malkovich, Billy Bob Thornton, and a few others I've seen before. Didn't think Billy Bob Thornton was an asshat dad though. Bruce Dern was his usual crazy self. Some funny parts but I don't know if they were intentional or not. Will watch again.
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a**holes.

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Triple Frontier on Netflix, pretty decent thriller with Ben Affleck about a group of ex military members who are going to rob a drug king pin. Had some surprises, quite a bit of action, as well as a decent story to tell. I highly recommend this one.

Triple Frontier on Netflix, pretty decent thriller with Ben Affleck about a group of ex military members who are going to rob a drug king pin. Had some surprises, quite a bit of action, as well as a decent story to tell. I highly recommend this one.
    Going to watch this tonight.

sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    My wife and I saw it tonight, and I pretty much agree with what you wrote, but that's been true of EVERY Star Wars movie since Episode IV. Plot threads that go nowhere, convenient nonsensical or unlikely coincidences, casual violations of established canon, cartoonish characters, trite dialog, and cutsie critters that get in the way of the story -- when there is a coherent story.

But none of that is new or unique to this episode. It's the hallmark of all of them, and it's actually part of the fun.

And we did have fun. We heckled it abundantly, snickered, and groaned a few times. But ultimately, it was a pretty satisfying fairy tale. I mostly liked how they wrapped up the different characters, and there were some unexpected surprises that were good to see.

I think the ending does leave a potential opening for a continuation of the story if Disney decides they can make money doing that, but if the tale is truly ended, then I think it was wrapped up well.

Not a spoiler, but I was surprised by how big a role the late Carrie Fisher played with Leia, they must have had a lot of extra archival footage to use, but it seemed to fit together into the story pretty seamlessly.
    I still have to see it but please tell me there isn't ANOTHER Death Star to blow up, please god!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

"Joe" on Netflix. Way too long for the story that's told. Nick Gage is the lead actor but gets outshined by the rest of the cast. Story is good, acting is good but this could have been told in 1/2 the time.
    Bro with mattbro95

***Dirty South Crew***

x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Irishman on Netflix

I enjoyed it even though the pace was slow and we watched it in 3 chunks over the holidays. I am not sure how true it was, but i enjoyed real acting and the story. The gf didn't like it at all.
    4/5 stars
    Redbox, Once upon a time in Hollywood

Hated it. It started off slow and just got more boring. After 40 min , I turned on Tom Brady and watched that from the next room until the Pats lost. I then returned to watch the last 25 min and it ended weirdly. Not a Tarantino fan and i feel his movies are just weird like he is.
    1/5 stars
    sums it up a thread will start off promising and then turn into name calling..
    The easiest way to tell when an argument has no merit is when the protagonist mixes in some personal insults.

Finally saw "The Joker" and I am still chewing on it. Definitely not anything I was expecting. Not your regular comic based book. No big action, explosions, CGI, etc. It's a journey in the mind of a very disturbed individual, but also in a dysfunctional society. Very deep stuff.

Usually the Joker is presented as stereotypical 100% bad guy, but in this movie he's a multi-dimensional character. Some have criticized the movie as excusing the Joker, I didn't feel that way, I just think most things are not black and white, and one can acknowledge things are complicated without excusing bad behavior. This movie triggered a lot of people apparently, so that alone makes me like it LOL. I don't know where the criticism of being "too violent" comes from. Yes the Joker kills 5 people if I count correctly, but for the love of gawd, frigging "Die Hard" has a higher body count, I don't remember anyone being triggered.

It's a deep and disturbing movie, I wouldn't call it entertaining, but definitely a good movie, well written, well directed and well acted.

x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok and your SY rating out of 5 stars?

It looks disturbing so i avoided it, but if you say it rates highly then i may give it a shot on Redbox.
    The easiest way to tell when an argument has no merit is when the protagonist mixes in some personal insults.

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    Ok and your SY rating out of 5 stars?

It looks disturbing so i avoided it, but if you say it rates highly then i may give it a shot on Redbox.
    You know, I am not sure what rating to give it. I didn't find it entertaining in the sense I didn't feel I had a good time watching it, but I am glad I saw it. There isn't one single uplifting thing about it, almost every character in the movie is a POS one way or another, so if you want something to cheer you up, this is as far from it as it can go. But it's the kind of movie that makes you think and keeps you thinking after you watched it. And I can't stress enough how well the movie is made and acted, if Joaquin Phoenix doesn't get the Oscar for this one, Hollywood needs to tie a brick to its collective neck and throw itself into the sea.
    I am sorry if this doesn't help much, I think you should watch it and make up your own mind about it. Maybe you'll have a completely different reaction from mine. I seriously doubt that after watching it you'll think "that was 2 hours of my life I'll never get back".

You know, I am not sure what rating to give it. I didn't find it entertaining in the sense I didn't feel I had a good time watching it, but I am glad I saw it. There isn't one single uplifting thing about it, almost every character in the movie is a POS one way or another, so if you want something to cheer you up, this is as far from it as it can go. But it's the kind of movie that makes you think and keeps you thinking after you watched it. And I can't stress enough how well the movie is made and acted, if Joaquin Phoenix doesn't get the Oscar for this one, Hollywood needs to tie a brick to its collective neck and throw itself into the sea.
    I am sorry if this doesn't help much, I think you should watch it and make up your own mind about it. Maybe you'll have a completely different reaction from mine. I seriously doubt that after watching it you'll think "that was 2 hours of my life I'll never get back".
    It helped i see it is on Redbox so for 2 bucks i can't go wrong

2 movies

Bad Boys 3
    3.5/5
    It has its moments with humor, but was okay as far as an action flick. Same jokes, same relationship(for the most part) and lots of running shooting and explosions. A twist at the end which sets up the next movie. If you are bored, go see it.

Just Mercy
    4.5/5
    Now this is a HEAVY movie and you need to be in the right mood for it. A couple of times i felt like i was chopping onions because of the DEEP story line. A true story of a lawyer helping those in Alabama in the 80's/90's trying to get them off of death row. Not a feel good movie, but a wow that was powerful movie.