Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 3355
    Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Love & Monsters, bit of a different take on end of the world scenario with a decent story & definitely different "monsters". Possibility of a sequel or even a prequel which I hope gets made.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs down Pig

Pig with Nicolas Gage. Nic lives in the woods with a pig, pig gets stolen, Nic goes to find pig, pig is dead.

What a monumental waste of time.
    Bro with mattbro95

RIP: Dirty South Crew

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

7 Pounds

On Netflix until December 31st, stars Will Smith and a lesser role by Woody Harrelson. I don't know where 7 pounds comes from and it's never explained.

Will is an IRS agent looking for people in trouble to help. In the 1 hour and 50 minutes of confusion that is the beginning of the film he does that and even manages to fall in love along the way. If you stick with it that long, don't give up because everything is finally explained in the last 10 minutes.

And it's brilliant, touching, emotional and just a masterful story. It's long and they keep you waiting forever with all kinds of teasers for the conclusion, was worth the wait for me. However you think it's going to end, there's parts that you can't predict.
    Bro with mattbro95

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

Thumbs up Life

On Netflix, stars Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence. Starts out pretty funny as they are bootleggers in 1930's and get sentenced to life in prison. They indeed spend life, with all kinds of spectacular makeup work and acting to go along with it.

It's kind of like Coming to America fused with Shawshank Redemption and it's brilliant, a must see.
    Bro with mattbro95

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

Thumbs up The Unforgivable

#1 on Netflix right now, stars Sandra Bullock and a bunch of other familiar faces.

Chick in a farmhouse with her little sis does not want to get evicted after her Dad committed suicide there. Sheriff and movers come, Sheriff is shot, she's a cop killer and goes to Prison, little sis goes into adoption.

It's long and drawn out and I hate how they made Sandra ugly for it, she's a beautiful woman.

Don't try to figure it out, suffer through the first 45 minutes of complete confusion and character overbuilding. If you can get through that then the rest of the movie is very watchable.

I watched expecting a hook and when it comes you better have tissues ready for your wife, I had to get up a couple times as my allergies got really bad.

Really nice piece of work, I'm thinking Sandra will become the Sally Field of the next generation.
    Bro with mattbro95

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The Last Vermeer

This is a beautiful story. Setting is post-WWII and based on a true story. Not an action movie, but a story that is interesting to follow with a few twists. The story is about a soldier who launches an investigation into a renowned Dutch artist who is accused of conspiring with the Nazis.

I honestly thought Guy Pierce, as the lead role, playing Han van Meegeren, was a B actor, but his acting was very impressive and changed my entire outlook on his talent.

Highly recommend.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Misc Blood Drive: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get Back

Watched this documentary-series about the Beatles over the holidays. Produced by Peter Jackson (The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings). I am not a huge Beatles fan, but I like much of their music catalog. Basically it goes something like this; It was decided by some of the group in late 68 early 69 to create film footage of the recording process that ultimately led to the album "Let it Be" it was also an attempt to get the group to rehearse together so they could be back to playing live. If they were to play live it would be their first public stage live appearance since summer of 1966. They had given up playing live and touring as it grew to become a very unpleasant experience. It was pretty much like sitting in the studio with them, while they deal with the long simmering tensions in the band and its effect on how they create music. It was also revealing how back in the day recorded music was created....they take an idea and just kept rehearsing, playing with the lyrics and chords and arrangements. Much of the work ended up on Let it be. Paul and John for the most part ignore George and Ringo during this tortured process, which ultimately (and seemingly reluctantly) led to the roof top session that turned out to be their last live performance. If you are not a Beatles fan or just like a couple of their songs...dont bother. If you are a fan of the Beatles and the individual musicians that make the group up..and appreciate how music was created back in the day it could be for you. We found it a very tedious at times, so it took us 4 or 5 nights to get through it.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So as a Tom fan i was wondering where Mi-7 was and Top Gun, then i found this page witha nice list to share.

https://variety.com/lists/most-anticipated-films-2022/
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

_zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    So as a Tom fan i was wondering where Mi-7 was and Top Gun, then i found this page witha nice list to share.

https://variety.com/lists/most-anticipated-films-2022/
    Surprised they're so low on the list, including Avatar 2.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Free Guy starring Ryan "Deadpool" Reynolds flat out sucks, it's boring with a ridiculous storyline. The Truman Show and Last Action Hero were similar and far better. It did have a decent cameo with Chris "Captain America" Evans however. If you are having an issue sleeping just try to watch this.

Kingsman which is a prequel to the previous 2 Kingsmen movies was decent but nothing at all like the previous films and wasn't what I was expecting it to be, was actually more of a WW1 movie than anything else.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Saw the new Batman movie the other night & I liked it quite a bit. I was a bit bummed when they announced Pattinson as the Batman mainly because I really like Afflecks portrayal, but I gotta admit Pattinson did well. He’s pretty violent & loves to punch people plus his 1st generation bat mobile is pretty cool. The Riddler is the main villain & he was ok, definitely not like any previous versions but I really got into Colin Farrells work as the Penguin, hope they continue to flesh that character out. It’s a long movie at a bit over 2 1/2 hrs but aside from a couple of scenes that I felt were dragged out a bit too long….Alfred & Bruce in the hospital yakking felt like forever…it moved along at a decent clip. Zoe Kravitz did a good job as a young Catwoman too. Overall I’d give it a solid 8 out of 10.

Thumbs up The Adam Project

On Netflix, all star cast. Time travel with great effects, some touching scenes, familiar good guy bad girl scenario.

What I liked about this was it moved so fast that you didn't have time to look for plot holes and there really weren't any huge ones. Some pretty funny lines as well.

If you're into sci-fi and/or time travel I'm pretty sure this will be worth your time.
    Bro with mattbro95

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    On Netflix, all star cast. Time travel with great effects, some touching scenes, familiar good guy bad girl scenario.

What I liked about this was it moved so fast that you didn't have time to look for plot holes and there really weren't any huge ones. Some pretty funny lines as well.

If you're into sci-fi and/or time travel I'm pretty sure this will be worth your time.
    I'm going to check it out right now. I always like watching how people approach impossible things like time travel.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Watched it. Not bad at all.

If you like sci fi and haven't watched this series, you're in for a treat.

https://moviesqq.com/search-movies/the+expanse.html
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I can't stand time-travel movies*, but this one was really sweet. A sci-fi time-travel tear-jerker. Me, my wife, my daughters, we all liked it.

*except for Bill and Ted, and Back to The Future. Okay, maybe I like some time-travel movies.

Got around to watching a couple classics.

Old Boy

Not sure why I've never seen this. Guy is a POS, gets abducted and spends 20 years in a cell not knowing why he he is being held captive. Brilliant story and brilliantly acted, a little over the top with the violence and kung fu stuff but the ending sequence makes every minute worth it.

Donny Brasco

You got Al Pacino and you got the Mafia, these two ingredients should be enough for a great Mob Movie right? Nope, not in this case. Just a tired, limp story with very few redeeming moments. I love Pacino and Mob movies but this is just a steaming pile of crap compared to any other Mafia movie.
    Bro with mattbro95

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Watched Marry Me with Owen Wilson and J Lo.

Wow, what a stinker!

Kept waiting for it to get good. It didn't.

Should have turned it off during a very early scene that was so over the top offensive I thought it was a spoof.

It was that bad.

Originally Posted by Gabbar99 View Post
    Watched Marry Me with Owen Wilson and J Lo.

Wow, what a stinker!

Kept waiting for it to get good. It didn't.

Should have turned it off during a very early scene that was so over the top offensive I thought it was a spoof.

It was that bad.
    1st clue should have been it had Owen Wilson, he is horrible.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Get Back I am not a huge Beatles fan, but I like much of their music catalog.
    I was never a true Beatles "fan" but all their love songs are easy to recall from my high school years during the Pleistocene Epoch.
    Then I joined the military, went to a land far, far away and came back to their continued popularity.

I'm more of a R/Roll guy and they were just a 'pop' band to me.
    All cliche love songs which doesn't interest me at all when I was learning guitar and desiring to write my own material. )
    I don't write sappy, cliche love songs. (link below if remotely curious)
    I was more of a Iron Butterfly, Quicksilver, Steve Miller, Jeff Beck, Doors, Hendrix, Cream, Stones, Yardbirds, Santana, etc. kind of guy.

But....I highly respect their success and ability to connect with that generation.
    So....I'll probably check it because of my interest in the studio sessions/processes.

Have a great day everyone....carry on.
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 03-31-2022 at 05:34 AM.
    Original music: www.soundclick.com/wayneevansproject
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos
    Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Saw the Batman movie the other night, also first time in a Theatre since summer of 2020.

Generally I enjoyed it, especially the penguin guy. Not sure if I buy in to Pattinson as batman. For sure will never take a vacation to visit Gotham as it is too rainy and dreary. Also they dragged too many scenes out.

LOL ...everytime I ask my son to help me with something he turns on that Nirvana song on his phone and talks in a low in a deep dramatic voice over how bad his day was .
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Thumbs down Joker

Just got around to watching, not sure why no one has reviewed this yet.

I really wanted to like it because it was dark and different, but it's a steaming pile of crap, what a waste of time.
    Bro with mattbro95

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

Morbius, definitely a crazy story and Jared Leto does an excellent job of the portrayal. There is a surprise cameo at the end and the films ending is extremely abrupt and there has to be a sequel. For anyone not aware this is a Marvel film but unlike any of the others, Dr Morbius is not a hero like Ironman but a very conflicted soul who made a choice and now needs to live with it. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Regarding Joker, I thought I reviewed it and my opinion hasn't changed, it sucks. Its a movie about mental illness more than anything else.

I really wanted to like it because it was dark and different, but it's a steaming pile of crap, what a waste of time.
    Page 97, my review as well as Kimm's and Sy's.

🥋 A Karate Kid age 62 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Has anybody watched this 2021 movie?

Found it on Amazon Prime and I love it.

Spoiler!
    Lauren Brooks Kelly (snailsrus) - Jul 25, 1991 – Jan 29, 2022
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 62-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    [QUOTE=Samraiwise;1658980093]Has anybody watched this 2021 movie?

Mornin' SW....

Yes....saw it shortly after it came out.

I like GG/BG (good guy/bad guy) movies so if one likes that genre I'd not hesitate to recommend it.
    Doesn't have quite the action that a Jason Stathum movie has but we still enjoyed watching it.....we've seen it twice.
    Bob Odenkirk does a good job and he was in some other TV series that I can recall and haven't seen.

Hope that helps....have a great day everyone..

Originally Posted by Samraiwise View Post
    Has anybody watched this 2021 movie?

Found it on Amazon Prime and I love it.

Spoiler!
    Watched it last week and enjoyed it, thought Christopher Loyds character was pretty good.

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Watched it last week and enjoyed it, thought Christopher Loyds character was pretty good.
    Oh shvt....I forgot about CL's role.
    Agreed....he had cool role and it worked perfectly.
    Glad you reminded me....I may have to watch again, damned dementia is a bvtch.

(on spread with you and Bosko)

Have a great day....

Page 97, my review as well as Kimm's and Sy's.
    Well this is BS, you can't search the thread by movie title and see if someone has reviewed it yet? When I created the thread 11 years ago it was my hope that before you review a movie you see if someone else had reviewed it and build upon that review so it's more like a discussion. I like what Sy likes so if she gives something a thumbs up I'm likely to watch, I don't like 90% of the crap you like etc..

That said :

Gattaca

Just got around to watching. Dystopian futuristic sci film, you have to have perfect genes to go into space and escape a crumbling earth. Guy with bad genes cheats the system.

The story kind of works and if there's a book that it was based on, I bet it's good. It's just kind of flat and they didn't need to put a love story in the middle of it. I think Jude Law may be my favorite actor so I stuck it out for him, but as a sci fi guy this was a letdown.
    Bro with mattbro95

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

🥋 A Karate Kid age 62 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Mornin' SW....

Yes....saw it shortly after it came out.

I like GG/BG (good guy/bad guy) movies so if one likes that genre I'd not hesitate to recommend it.
    Doesn't have quite the action that a Jason Stathum movie has but we still enjoyed watching it.....we've seen it twice.
    Bob Odenkirk does a good job and he was in some other TV series that I can recall and haven't seen.

Hope that helps....have a great day everyone..
    I loved it because the hero didn't look like a hero at all. He looked exactly like a being-tired-of-life middle-aged man estranged by his own family.

Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Oh shvt....I forgot about CL's role.
    Agreed....he had cool role and it worked perfectly.
    Glad you reminded me....I may have to watch again, damned dementia is a bvtch.

(on spread with you and Bosko)

Have a great day....
    Aside from "Doc" there's also my favorite Michael Ironside in it!

Well this is BS, you can't search the thread by movie title and see if someone has reviewed it yet? When I created the thread 11 years ago it was my hope that before you review a movie you see if someone else had reviewed it and build upon that review so it's more like a discussion. I like what Sy likes so if she gives something a thumbs up I'm likely to watch, I don't like 90% of the crap you like etc..

That said :

Gattaca

Just got around to watching. Dystopian futuristic sci film, you have to have perfect genes to go into space and escape a crumbling earth. Guy with bad genes cheats the system.

The story kind of works and if there's a book that it was based on, I bet it's good. It's just kind of flat and they didn't need to put a love story in the middle of it. I think Jude Law may be my favorite actor so I stuck it out for him, but as a sci fi guy this was a letdown.
    Gattaca is on my must-watch list. Available on Amazon Prime but not free yet. Waiting patiently.
    Lauren Brooks Kelly (snailsrus) - Jul 25, 1991 – Jan 29, 2022
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 62-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Thumbs down The Many Saints of Newark

Once again I'm sure this has been reviewed but I can't find any mention of it.

Sopranos Prequel, what a stinker.

You have to be a diehard Sopranos fan (which I am) to get any of the good references and the references are to Tony's Mom and Uncle who no one cares about. I was gonna see this in the theatre, glad I didn't waste that 10 bucks.

Not sure what they were thinking here.
    Bro with mattbro95

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey