Page 106 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3420
    poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wonder Woman 1984

Sucked donkey balls. 2 hours and 31 minutes of my life that I can't get back. The best part was the mid-credits scene which lasted about a minute. Don't waste your money, except if you already have HBO Max. Record it and fast forward to the credits. Seriously, don't watch this abomination.

The Green Lantern, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, & Justice League were all better than this thing.

One other thing. Story by Patty Jenkins, screenplay by Patty Jenkins, directed by Patty Jenkins. It should be a very long time before she touches another movie.
    Last edited by poundXpound; 12-26-2020 at 06:07 AM.
    A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. And that's why the USA is a constitutional republic and not a democracy.

Caucasian, Bro/Brah/Bruh AlBHappy's Avatar
    AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I watch westerns every Christmas. Started with Christmas with the Duke on TBS 20 years ago.

Watched the Outlaw Josey Wales yesterday. What an awesome flick. Clint Eastwood being a badass. However, I never understood his Sondra Locke infatuation. She's not that cute and really didn't add much to the movie. Kind of retarded to tell you the truth.

I refuse to watch the Marvel Comic superhero movies. Life's too short for that.

Wife made me watch Yesterday as well. Lily James absolutely annihilates that movie. She is dreadful and annoying. The main character is excellent. 2.5 stars out of 4 and I LOVE the Beatles. Listening to him sing and play reaffirms the brilliance of the Fab Four.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AlBHappy View Post
    Watched the Outlaw Josey Wales yesterday. What an awesome flick. Clint Eastwood being a badass. However, I never understood his Sondra Locke infatuation. She's not that cute and really didn't add much to the movie. Kind of retarded to tell you the truth.
    I disagree. She's the perfect counter to Clint's persona and looks. Just think of Rocky I with Talia Shire, would you want Heather Locklear in that role just becuase she's pretty? Hell no, you want someone who fits the part.

I think the most underrated flick with that duo was Bronco Billy.

Guy: What were you in prison for?
    Clint: I shot my wife.
    Guy: Why did you shoot your wife?
    Clint: I caught her in bed with my best friend.
    Guy: Did you shoot him too?
    Clint: Hell no, he was my best friend.

Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    "Planes, Trains & Automobiles".
    We have it on DVD and don't think we've seen it since the end of the last century.
    In all my subjectivity, one of the best comedies ever made.
    I do miss Mr. Candy and enjoyed all his movies
    A classic. If you take all the funniest parts out of the "Vacation" movies and lump them together, it's about 1/2 as funny as planes, trains.."
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Die Hard, had to watch the greatest Christmas movie of all time the other day and it's still fantastic. Followed it up with Die Hard 2 which is damn good as well but the villain sure as hell isn't Hans Gruber.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    A classic. If you take all the funniest parts out of the "Vacation" movies and lump them together, it's about 1/2 as funny as planes, trains.."
    Ha....agreed.

Shvt....I'm on spread with all here....guess I need to find someone to neg.

I miss John Candy's persona.....dead at 43 IIRC....damn shame.
    IMHO would be next to impossible for any comedy to exceed the hilarity, story line, dialogue and the added touch of emotion of that movie.
    Working sales in the 'shower curtain ring' division' ....I chuckle every time I think of it.
    And....the bed scene where SM says....'where's your other hand'...Candy says....'between two pillows'....SM says...'THOSE AREN'T Pillows!"
    I thought some of his others were entertaining too...IE: Uncle Buck, Armed & Dangerous to name a couple.

Hope Christmas was good for everyone.
    I got a cool man gift.....that darling little battery storage container we've seen ads for.
    No more storing batteries in sandwich bags.

Mas cafe para mi.....
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 12-27-2020 at 06:46 AM.
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just watched The Great Outdoors not long ago, John Candy was awesome. Uncle Buck is one of my favs.
    ~Chill Crew~ (⌐■_■)
    Grateful family member checking in ‎ シ ♡
    Be the reason someone smiles today

Fight the good fight every moment
    Every minute, every day
    It's your only way -Triumph

Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Ha....agreed.

Shvt....I'm on spread with all here....guess I need to find someone to neg.

I miss John Candy's persona.....dead at 43 IIRC....damn shame.
    IMHO would be next to impossible for any comedy to exceed the hilarity, story line, dialogue and the added touch of emotion of that movie.
    Working sales in the 'shower curtain ring' division' ....I chuckle every time I think of it.
    And....the bed scene where SM says....'where's your other hand'...Candy says....'between two pillows'....SM says...'THOSE AREN'T Pillows!"
    I thought some of his others were entertaining too...IE: Uncle Buck, Armed & Dangerous to name a couple.

Hope Christmas was good for everyone.
    I got a cool man gift.....that darling little battery storage container we've seen ads for.
    No more storing batteries in sandwich bags.

Mas cafe para mi.....
    That motel scene was filmed at a place I drove past twice every single day to & from work. The film crew was there for 3 weeks for that little scene & I never saw any of the cast but did see the burned out Chrysler/ Dodge used in the film.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    That motel scene was filmed at a place I drove past twice every single day to & from work. The film crew was there for 3 weeks for that little scene & I never saw any of the cast but did see the burned out Chrysler/ Dodge used in the film.
    Very cool you were that close to some of the filming.
    Ha....that burned out car was something to see.
    Too bad you missed seeing John....lIRC he was pushing 300+ about that time.

Thanks for chiming in with that tidbit.

Carry on amigos....
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JaymzJ View Post
    Just watched The Great Outdoors not long
    The Old 96'er..

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Watched “Klaus” on Netflix. My wife, the kids and I all enjoyed it. Funny, touching, but not sappy, and a quick 90 minutes. Interesting animation style, good voice cast, and while the overarching message is ultimately “peace and love triumph, especially at Christmas,” it’s cut with lots of sarcasm. Good comic timing, and a dash of steampunk in the toys made by the Woodsman. Good stuff.
    "it's likely one of us will have to spend some days alone"

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wonder Woman 1984 currently has a 5.9/10 on IMDb and that seems about right. I won't ever be watching that one again.

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Wonder Woman 1984 currently has a 5.9/10 on IMDb and that seems about right. I won't ever be watching that one again.
    Short review? I usually watch every major budget film, but after the first one I think I'll be skipping this one.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Saw Parasite last night. Holy chit it was good. Started off laughing my ass off, but by the end I was in tears.

Provoked big discussion with my 20yo daughter about classism and social mobility, importance of being content and grateful with what we have and futility of envying the super rich. It was bloody amazing.

A Star is Born

Just watched newest iteration and it blew me away. "Lady Gaga" has acting talent, but the story itself had elements of Walk the Line, RUSH and a couple other 80's films that made it memorable, was not expecting the outcome. Very well done.

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Watched this, pretty disturbing. The dissident

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11382384/

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Finally saw "Tenet". I am a big fan of Nolan but this one left me "meh".

The main gimmick of the movie, which I won't spoil in case you want to watch it, is cool and visually very well executed, but its logic it weak. It's like the collective dream of "Inception", it's cool until you start asking questions (how do they all dream the same thing? How does one person get to be the dream creator and everyone else dreams in their dream?). The "Tenet" gimmick is an even harder one to pull off.

The movie is so totally centered on the gimmick that character development is completely omitted (I mean the protagonist is called... wait for it... The Protagonist. Not kidding) which makes it hard to give a crap about any of them. The best developed is the mustache-twirling baddie, which I pretty much expected at some point to put a pinkie to the corner of his mouth and laugh "mwahahah".

The actor that plays the Protagonist has all the human warmth of a frozen anchovy, and comes equipped with a grand total of 1 facial expression. "I'm about to be tortured and killed" looks exactly like "that chick is hot" which looks exactly like "that out-of-this-world gimmicky just blew my mind" But to be fair they all look wooden as hell so I guess he fits the part.

I still think The Dark Night, Inception and Interstellar are still much better. I mean from the guy that gave us the best Joker in the history of Batman we got... the Protagonist? Really?
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    Finally saw "Tenet". I am a big fan of Nolan but this one left me "meh".

The main gimmick of the movie, which I won't spoil in case you want to watch it, is cool and visually very well executed, but its logic it weak. It's like the collective dream of "Inception", it's cool until you start asking questions (how do they all dream the same thing? How does one person get to be the dream creator and everyone else dreams in their dream?). The "Tenet" gimmick is an even harder one to pull off.

The movie is so totally centered on the gimmick that character development is completely omitted (I mean the protagonist is called... wait for it... The Protagonist. Not kidding) which makes it hard to give a crap about any of them. The best developed is the mustache-twirling baddie, which I pretty much expected at some point to put a pinkie to the corner of his mouth and laugh "mwahahah".

The actor that plays the Protagonist has all the human warmth of a frozen anchovy, and comes equipped with a grand total of 1 facial expression. "I'm about to be tortured and killed" looks exactly like "that chick is hot" which looks exactly like "that out-of-this-world gimmicky just blew my mind" But to be fair they all look wooden as hell so I guess he fits the part.

I still think The Dark Night, Inception and Interstellar are still much better. I mean from the guy that gave us the best Joker in the history of Batman we got... the Protagonist? Really?
    I thought in Inception they were all hooked up to the same machine?

Although I found some aspects of Tenet confusing, film-making wise, I was completely blown away. I have no idea how they were able to film it. The plot's twists and turns were a lot to take in. Although not my favorite Nolan film by far, I found it to be one of the most impressive films ever made.

Die Hard, had to watch the greatest Christmas movie of all time the other day and it's still fantastic. Followed it up with Die Hard 2 which is damn good as well but the villain sure as hell isn't Hans Gruber.
    Always a great xmas tradition for me as well.

Originally Posted by Caldef View Post
    Saw Parasite last night. Holy chit it was good. Started off laughing my ass off, but by the end I was in tears.

Provoked big discussion with my 20yo daughter about classism and social mobility, importance of being content and grateful with what we have and futility of envying the super rich. It was bloody amazing.
    There's so many good and underrated foreign films that don't get enough attention. I'm glad this one did.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    I thought in Inception they were all hooked up to the same machine?
    Yes but how does some kind of IV feed make you all dream the same thing?

Although I found some aspects of Tenet confusing, film-making wise, I was completely blown away. I have no idea how they were able to film it.
    Without doubt. The parts with forward and backward at the same time were insane. I could figure out how they did some of them, like the scene with the cars on the freeway, but the fight? Holy crap!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    Yes but how does some kind of IV feed make you all dream the same thing?

Without doubt. The parts with forward and backward at the same time were insane. I could figure out how they did some of them, like the scene with the cars on the freeway, but the fight? Holy crap!
    Tenet - Yeah exactly. I thought all those scenes were all pretty insane. Blew my mind honestly enough to not actually focus on the plot, so I need to re-watch it a few times at least.

Inception - The IV thing might already be possible with Neuralink while conscious. So this part of the movie and other movies regarding SCI-FI scenarios typically bode well with my line of thinking of what is actually possible. Just from my research into MK-Ultra....creating new memories, commands, and lives under the influence of a certain drug really opened my mind of what is actually possible within our brains and what is going to be possible in the future. While I don't think Inception is possible yet, I found it realistic enough to not change my view of the movie.
    Last edited by _zman; 01-13-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My wife and I just finished Season 3 of Cobra Kai. Cheesy in parts, but we both applauded how Episode 10 ended (srs). There will definitely be a Season 4.

We're two episodes into Season 1 of John Adams. Excellent.
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

Here's some recent watches for me:

Re-watched John Wick and John Wick 2 last week, so damn good. Looking forward for a rewatch of #3 and the release of John Wick 4, hopefully this year?

Whisplash, I’ve never seen before, some call it a masterpiece, but not quite at that level with me, but the acting and storyline are solid, 8.5/10. A promising young drummer enrolls at a cut-throat music conservatory where his dreams of greatness are mentored by an instructor who will stop at nothing to realize a student's potential. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582802/?ref_=rt_li_tt

Kill the Irishman, randomly selected this on Netflix, the acting and editing are so so, but it’s a decent mob flick based on a true story. 6.5/10 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1416801/?ref_=rt_li_tt

The Dissident. Very good documentary about silencing free speech, same guy that wrote Icarus wrote this, which if you haven’t seen I highly recommend. 7.5/10 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11382384/?ref_=rt_li_tt

Just Friends. Silly comedy 5/10 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433400/?ref_=rt_li_tt

Your Honor is one of the best series out right now, the acting and writing are very good. Anything with Bryan Cranston is worth a watch. Solid 9/10 series. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7440726/?ref_=rt_li_tt

An American Werewolf in London (1981) never seen this before, but the makeup work done was pretty impressive for the time. Solid 7/10 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082010/?ref_=rt_li_tt

Saw this in the theatre recently. Unhinged. Russell Crowe nails his part, but the movie is so so. 6/10 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10059518/?ref_=rt_li_tt

One of my recent favs is definitely Palm Springs. Andy Samberg was pretty dang funny and a bit of unique plot line for me. 8/10 for me. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9484998/?ref_=rt_li_tt

The Firm (1993) I always got to watch a Tom Cruise flick now and again, I haven’t seen this one before but I thought it was a solid 7, A young lawyer joins a prestigious law firm only to discover that it has a sinister dark side. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106918/?ref_=rt_li_tt, also re-watched the new Mission Impossible and Days of Thunder.

Extraction was a solid 7/10 for me, Chris Hemsworth had a solid performance, but it’s a typical shoot em up action flick. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8936646/?ref_=rt_li_tt

One of my favorite recent documentaries that I watched was Grizzly Man. A guy lives along the bears for years. It’s a bit odd at times, but very fascinating and impressive what he was able to do. 8/10 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427312/?ref_=rt_li_tt

The Last Dance, if you’re a basketball, sports, or Jordan fan, hell if you’re not, this is still worth watching. It’s a historical timepiece for me, also the documentary on the Dream Team is worth watching too. 10/10 for the Last Dance. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8420184/?ref_=rt_li_tt

The Theory of Everything, this is a bit of hard watch for me, but this flick about Stephen Hawking is still worth checking out. A look at the relationship between the famous physicist Stephen Hawking and his wife. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2980516/?ref_=rt_li_tt

Friday, there’s certain cult classics I’ve never got a chance to see and this was one of them. Pretty funny movie and quotable. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113118/?ref_=rt_li_tt

The Talented Mr. Ripley, I think I saw this come up on Netflix randomly and had not heard of it, but Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jude Law and Cate Blanchett make appearances, pretty long movie, but I gave it a 7. In late 1950s New York, Tom Ripley, a young underachiever, is sent to Italy to retrieve Dickie Greenleaf, a rich and spoiled millionaire playboy. But when the errand fails, Ripley takes extreme measures. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134119/?ref_=rt_li_tt

Favorite comedy series lately is definitely Schitt’s Creek, the episodes are short, characters are well-developed and the acting is great. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3526078/?ref_=rt_li_tt

Finally got around to watching "The Shape of Water."

The idea of a deaf girl falling in love with an enslaved half man/half reptilian sea God sounds like a great story, but this is a steaming pile of dogchit. I'm at a loss as to how this could have been done any worse.

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Finally got around to watching "The Shape of Water."

The idea of a deaf girl falling in love with an enslaved half man/half reptilian sea God sounds like a great story, but this is a steaming pile of dogchit. I'm at a loss as to how this could have been done any worse.
    I remember seeing that in the theatre and thinking something similar. The movie was well-made, but nothing about the editing, acting and cinematography sold it for me.

JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you guys liked Interstellar... the sequel is reportedly in development. But that doesn’t sound like concrete evidence that it’s going to happen.
    ~Chill Crew~ (⌐■_■)

Every minute, every day

Originally Posted by JaymzJ View Post
    If you guys liked Interstellar... the sequel is reportedly in development. But that doesn’t sound like concrete evidence that it’s going to happen.
    I thought it sucked.

And I can't believe The Shape of Water won best picture as it was a steaming pile of $hit and basically amounted to beastiality. I was pretty grossed out by the movie.

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I thought it sucked.

And I can't believe The Shape of Water won best picture as it was a steaming pile of $hit and basically amounted to beastiality. I was pretty grossed out by the movie.
    but dude, amphibian men have the right to love, too. Amphibian lives matter.

Personally didn't love the movie, but enjoyed Michael Shannon and Michael Stuhlbarg's performances.

Thumbs up Exit Speed (Amazon Prime)

Thought this was just gonna be one where I got 15 mintes in and said fuk it, but nope.

Bus is run off the road by a bunch a tweekers (methheads) on ricebikes (not Harleys). The tweakers are kind of a MadMax bunch and probably the least believable part is how well they ride their bikes. At any rate it comes down to a showdown at a junkyard where the surviving bus passengers can get to.

What makes this a great watch is how you never know who's gonna die next, and a lotta people die, on both sides. If you like shootemup movies with suspense and action, this is for you.

For the bullet counters, this also has a nod to that with only one scene where a magical extra clip appears.

This is a great watch, glad I gave it a chance.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Quest for Fire

old movie, contact between two species of early man. Hard to watch at times, but on the whole is beautiful piece. If you completely stuck for ideas, might be a good choice.

Black Klansman

You know when you meet somebody, and they seem pretty cool, you are having a good time, and just when you are considering taking them home with you they launch the worst smelling fart in the history of the digestive system? This is how this movie made me feel.

It's a comedy apparently based on some real events from the 70s when Colorado Springs PD is hiring its first black cop. He convinces his superiors to put him in a detective job, with his first assignment to infiltrate a Black Panthers rally. He likes the infiltration work so much he decides to infiltrate of all things the KKK. For obvious reasons he needs a "body double" for in person work, none other than his Jewish colleague. Hilarity ensues, and I have to say it really was funny stuff, but the kind of funny that also makes you think. And then.... right at the very end... when I was about to say "well that was surprisingly good, see what happens when you stay away from the woke crap?" the movie has a sudden seizure of TDS and I was left in a total WTF.

So 99% of the movie was quite good, 1% was the fart that could kill cancer.

I thought it sucked.

Never seen the shape of water, sounds terrible, thanks for the heads up, will avoid.

I’m about in the middle of watching The Godfather trilogy, Al Pacino is a great actor, always liked Robert Duvall also.
    ~Chill Crew~ (⌐■_■)

Every minute, every day