Page 101 of 114 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3420
    Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    On a side note, Leonardo Di Caprio is a really good actor, I think it's a shame he got marked as pretty boy and not much else at the beginning of his career, because I think he's one of the best actors around right now.
    Ever seen "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" Guy is a solid Actor and always has been IMO.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The movie you didn't know you wanted, but probably need right now:

CATS: The Butthole Cut

🥋 A Karate Kid age 64 🔥 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    There is this one scene from "The Postman (1997)", in which General Bethlehem's Holist militia soldiers gathered before the big screen of makeshift theater in the open pit mine started a riot throwing rocks to the poor projectionist when they saw "Universal Soldier" on that screen,

"You want this, you want this!? this is what you want!?"

As the projectionist quickly changes the movie to "The Sound of Music", surprisingly the riot stopped. The angry soldiers were subdued sitting down, quietly resumed watching the movie.

Well, as it turned out they are not the only ones who love "The Sound of Music". Intrigued, as soon as I finished The Postman, I too changed the movie to this greatest musical of all time. (the two dozenth time?)

------------------------------

Especially in this trying time, watching these happy children's faces full of joy and pleasure filled my heart with love and peace.

"The Lonely Goatherd" & "My Favorite Things"

from The Sound of Music (1965)

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 04-08-2020 at 07:07 PM.
    🌺 Lauren Brooks Kelly (snailsrus) - Jul 25, 1991 – Jan 29, 2022
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Journals > Samurai, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373&page=200
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 64-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by debandmikeb View Post
    We saw the Netflix "Spenser" movie with Mark Wahlberg and really enjoyed it. Nice action, humor, plot and Boston locations. Mostly believable but a few stretches. His on again off again girlfriend is a hoot! I enjoyed the original Spenser show and would not be dissappointed if they made this a series.

Mike
    Agreed, we just watched it & found it quite enjoyable.

In addition we also watched Murder Mystery with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston, pretty good and my wife was laughing her ass off quite a bit. For once we get a Sandler movie with zero poop jokes as a bonus.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The Happytime Murders, that puppet flick starring Melissa McCarthy wasn't that bad. yes it's lewd and crude but there were also quite a few funny parts. Basically it's as if the Sesame Street puppeteers finally got to act out all of the crazy **** they ever wanted but couldn't get away with on a kids tv show.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a couple for yooze....

"Green Book" is about a New York Italian bouncer that takes a job as a driver/bodyguard for an African American concert pianist on a tour through the deep south in the early '60s. My wife picked it and I was kinda "ehh" on it but it was quite an enjoyable ride, watching the effect that they had on each other. The pianist trying to get the bouncer to use proper english and the bouncer getting the pianist to try fried chicken. Some amusing spots but to see how people were treated is sobering. It was't until the end, that we learned it was based on a true story. (not a spoiler because it's mentioned at the beginning. we just didn't noticed till the end)

"Death Wish" with Bruce Willis as the Dr is as you would expect but nicely done. No suspense because if you saw the original 28 Death Wish movies, you get the drift. All the parts were well played and having Vincet DiNofrio in the cast was a plus. Shooting scenes were fairly accurate and not too over the top. Hour and a half of fun.

Mike

Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a couple for yooze....

"Green Book" is about a New York Italian bouncer that takes a job as a driver/bodyguard for an African American concert pianist on a tour through the deep south in the early '60s. My wife picked it and I was kinda "ehh" on it but it was quite an enjoyable ride, watching the effect that they had on each other. The pianist trying to get the bouncer to use proper english and the bouncer getting the pianist to try fried chicken. Some amusing spots but to see how people were treated is sobering. It was't until the end, that we learned it was based on a true story. (not a spoiler because it's mentioned at the beginning. we just didn't noticed till the end)

"Death Wish" with Bruce Willis as the Dr is as you would expect but nicely done. No suspense because if you saw the original 28 Death Wish movies, you get the drift. All the parts were well played and having Vincet DiNofrio in the cast was a plus. Shooting scenes were fairly accurate and not too over the top. Hour and a half of fun.

Mike
    Saw Green Book when it was in theaters. Personally loved it but was shocked when it won Best Picture.
    Oakland Raiders--Toronto Raptors--Toronto Blue Jays--San Jose Sharks
    UNC Tarheels--FSU Seminoles

Fresh BVB 09 Supporter

Canadian Crew

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dre4 View Post
    Saw Green Book when it was in theaters. Personally loved it but was shocked when it won Best Picture.
    Great movie, really funny and also makes you think.
    Didn't win Best Picture because it's about a white guy teaching a black guy how to be black... or something. Some Hollywood style bullchit racial controversy.
    Meanwhile I'm thinking: "they portrayed Italians as dirty, as thieves, and ignorant bumpkins, but I guess that's ok"
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    I watched "The Fly" yesterday.

While I love both 1958 Original and 1986 Remake, I prefer simple plot and a twist at the end of the former. The remake's special effects were superb but it distracted my mind from the most important plot, the internal struggle and fear of protagonist to turn into something both physically and mentally he's never supposed to be and that is what makes this movie a great horror flick. It's not about which is better it's about which is scarier.

While the protagonist of the original is a bririant scientist but also a loving husband and a father of a son, the counterpart of the remake is an excentric scientist, single, has no family but a newly met girl friend.

There, I can easily feel the agony of the father/scientist by putting myself in his shoes.

The first time I saw this movie I was 12. After all these years, the last scene of this movie still gives me chills down my spine.

*Don't peak.
    Spoiler!

****** Gag Reel ******

Oh darling...your fly is undone!

Spoiler!
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    we also watched Murder Mystery with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston, pretty good and my wife was laughing her ass off quite a bit. For once we get a Sandler movie with zero poop jokes as a bonus.
    Gave it 45 minutes, no one laughed and my wife fell asleep. Can't believe Netflix paid these expensive actors for this rambling mess.

Watched a couple movies tonight:

The Upgrade, its a revenge flick where a guy gets paralyzed and his wife is killed. He gets an "upgrade" with a an implanted chip and violence ensues. It was worth the watch and the ending is different.

Then we saw The Kitchen starring Melissa McCarthy in a serious role about a group of Irish mob wives who take over after their husbands are sent to prison. Good movie with a fair amount of killings, some humor, etc.

Crawl the alligator horror movie was surprisingly decent, my wife jumped a number of times. It was better than I thought it would be but I couldn't help but wonder how much those gators could eat and if they ever got full?

An Acceptable Loss has only 1 major star that I know of Jamie Lee Curtis and she is pretty good in her role. I will admit its a bit slow moving especially the 1st hour but it builds up and is an interesting movie that ties everything up as it is a bit confusing in the beginning.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Watched Snowpiercer tonight as it was recommended by a friend of my wife. Survivors of Earth's second Ice Age live out their days on a luxury train that ploughs through snow and ice. The train's poorest residents, who live in the squalid caboose, plan to improve their lot by taking over the engine room.

Imagine giving a couple of 16-year-old theater kids a $100 million budget to make a film, and they tried to make it as "edgy" and deep and allegorical as possible (for a group of teenagers with no actual life experience.) Throw in a bunch of plot holes and a ridiculous ending and you get Snowpiercer.
    Last edited by 7Seconds; 04-19-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    "it's likely one of us will have to spend some days alone"

debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) debandmikeb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    We watched "Unknown" with Liam Neeson. At first, I thought it was gonna be a run of the mill "guys loses memory and nobody recognizes him" movie and for the first half hour, it was looking like that but then things start happening that make you think "Wait a minute". Once the real story starts to emerge you start to almost get a little confused but all of a sudden stuff starts to happen that you never saw coming. The ending is a complete turn around from any idea that you might have had. And a nice ending.

Mike

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I guess A Quiet Place was based on a true story.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

One of the Best Alley Fight Scenes in the movie history!!

They Live (1988)
    Director: John Carpenter

Hello Misc, you know Roddy Piper...right?

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood...……...OMG what a boring ass movie. The only good part was the last 5 minutes and I did like the name and flavors of the dog food in the movie. Wolfs Tooth and flavors such as Rat and Racoon. Otherwise it was a long drawn out nothing, 2.75 hrs of nothing.

Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    Survivors of Earth's second Ice Age live out their days on a luxury train that ploughs through snow and ice. The train's poorest residents, who live in the squalid caboose, plan to improve their lot by taking over the engine room.
    Only took 9 years of this thread for someone to figure out how to write a proper teaser without giving the story away. Can't wait to watch, right up my alley.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Samraiwise View Post

One of the Best Alley Fight Scenes in the movie history!!

They Live (1988)
    Director: John Carpenter

Hello Misc, you know Roddy Piper...right?
    So cheesy and so awesome...

OBEY!!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    So cheesy and so awesome...

OBEY!!

Yes, ma’am.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'be been wanting to re-watch the original Terry Gilliam film "Twelve Monkeys" but it seems that whoever bought the rights to the brand so they can make a remake series, has shut down the original. Can't find out how to watch it in UK except for buying a second hand DVD. Might have to? Anyone know a way to watch the original film streaming?
    That all said, since this lockdown I've less appetite for pandemics films but willing to make an exception for this.

BTW no new movies or tv shows being made at this time. At some point all there's going to be to watch will be re-runs.

Extraction starring Chris Hemsworth, if you like a sappy romantic love story, well this is not the movie for you.
    Lot of RPG's being fired into buildings, cars, helicopters, etc. Enough gun fire and head shots to make Rambo jealous. My wife and I both enjoyed it and the ending leaves you wondering just a bit.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    I guess A Quiet Place was based on a true story.
    I just rewatched Birdbox last week and it was better the second time around. It wasn't that good the first time so when I say better, I'm not saying it was Saving Private Ryan good, but it was pretty good.

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Extraction starring Chris Hemsworth, if you like a sappy romantic love story, well this is not the movie for you.
    Lot of RPG's being fired into buildings, cars, helicopters, etc. Enough gun fire and head shots to make Rambo jealous. My wife and I both enjoyed it and the ending leaves you wondering just a bit.
    We liked it also. Lotsa shooting and blowing up. I thought it was a little confusing at first as to who was working with who but that worked out. My only problem was hearing some of the softer dialog. My wife suggested 1-800-miracleear. I read that the ending was supposed to be up to the viewer because the test viewings were 50/50.

We liked it also. Lotsa shooting and blowing up. I thought it was a little confusing at first as to who was working with who but that worked out. My only problem was hearing some of the softer dialog. My wife suggested 1-800-miracleear. I read that the ending was supposed to be up to the viewer because the test viewings were 50/50.
    I agree on the soft speaking, when they were in the guys house and the kid was in bed and talking I only caught maybe 1/3rd of what he was saying.

Stranger than Fiction a 2006 movie starring Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, Dustin Hoffman & Queen Latifah was not very interesting. He plays an IRS agent who begins to hear a voice in his head that is narrating his life, turns out its an author who is writing a story and its about him but he is not imaginary and has to hunt the author down because she always writes novels that end with the death of the main character.

Caught the last Star Wars movie, only because I get Disney+ for free. I refused to see it in theaters even if I could have seen it for free, just because I'm so over this trilogy. And this last one didn't disappoint in how messed up it was. Looks like JJ Abrahams went right back to his "Lost" days of making a series from one episode to the next without ever bothering making a full story arc for the whole thing, and if one episode completely contradicts the one before... aw shucks, too bad.

Also lazy writing, lots of rehashing of the original trilogy, but badly done. If I want to see the original, I watch the original, I don't need his crappy reinterpretation. This one is a mishmash of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi with no drama and build up whatsoever. They wanted to redo the whole "Luke I'm your father" thing, and it was more of a "yo' I'm alive even though I was deader than dead, and guess what, I'm your gramps" "no chit. Anyway, what were we saying..."

One thing's for sure, from now on, encyclopedias will have a picture of Rey next to the expression "Mary Sue" (and now call me sexist because muh strong female lead).

I was hoping something better when I saw The Force Awakens, then it all went to chit with the 2nd. The 3rd tried to pick itself up from the pits the whole thing had fallen into, including bringing back geriatric original characters, but as the saying goes, you can't polish a turd. Glad this whole debacle is over. Makes "Rogue One" and "The Mandalorian" look like masterpieces in comparison.

Captive State starring John Goodman, there is nothing good I can say about this film. It involves a hostile takeover by an alien race who the vast majority go along with and allow them to make all the decisions and render humans under martial law....sorta like this covid 19. Anyways its truly wretched and half the time you don't even know whats going on or why?

Then watched Cell with John Cusack and Samuel L Jackson, its an adaptation of a Stephen King book and its even worse than Captive State. Pretty much a really bad & poorly made zombie movie with one of the worst endings of all time.