Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10)

A mess of muscle imbalances-a plea for help

Growing up I always had some kyphosis and lordosis. However after a horseback riding accident when I was 14 that injured my lower back, they quickly got worse.

I only got into fitness early this past Summer, so it was something I never even realized I could do something about until recently (silly, I know. I had just never thought about it).

I have corrected both slightly, but feel like I could be doing more. What are some stretches and exercises I can do to correct the lordosis and kyphosis?

My lower half is as equally bad (I have learned my lesson about taking care of myself!). A combination of running and not stretching, and a very wide Q-angle has made muscle imbalances so bad in my legs that I can't run anymore. Even just two short runs a week and I'm batteling shin splints. I'd love to start running again, and have been working hard to correct patellofemoral and plantar fascitiis, but feel I still have a long way to go.

What can you tell me about correcting running form? Are there any rescources (free, I'm sadly a broke college student)?
    I stretch out my legs really well everyday, including myofascial release on the IT band. Are there exercises that can reverse the effects a wide Q-angle has on me? What is causing the shin splints?

Certain movements, espcially when engaging hip abductors (I have a limited ROM doing hip abductor machine) causes a lot of pain and muscle cramps by my hips. Are there certain stretches that would help?

I have been finding it all discouraging lately, mostly because it is overwhelming. I've been enjoying doing the research on the postural deviations and muscle imbalances, but am at a loss at how to improve further.

Sorry about the long and demanding post! Thanks to all who reply!

ETA: I wasn't sure where to post this thread, this seemed like the most fitting spot
    Last edited by Subtitles; 01-06-2011 at 05:22 PM.
    "He who says he can and he who says he can't are usually both right."

"You can throw in the towel, or use it to wipe the sweat off your face."

shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    -Take a look at this article http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._force_couples

-google pigeon stretch and stretches for anterior hip flexors

It's going to take a while to fix postural issues, but if you stick at it day in and day out you can definitly make some changes.