Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Accutane Side Effects?

I recently just got prescribed accutane by my dermatologist for mild (but very painful) acne. I'm only taking 20 mg once a day.
    I've read that there's a lot of negative side effects that come along with it. Such as weight fluxuations. I read one forum online where a lot of people experienced quick weight loss, then I read another one where they experienced weight gain. So I'm a little confused as to what to expect, that being said I know everyone's different.
    I'm curious to how others reacted towards it. Input?
    Much appreciated!

5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000)
    I took 2 rounds of 40mg/day. 6 months! My hair started to fall out and the whites of my eyes started to turn yellow. Face peeled like crazy. I had no body oil whatsoever. I went camping in the summer and didn't need to shower for a week. Gross I know but there was no showers and I'm Canadian haha. As far as weight gain or loss, no changes here. Side effects can be harsh, but to me it was worth it. My skin cleared up beautifully in the end. It was the only thing that worked for me.

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 5more View Post
    I took 2 rounds of 40mg/day. 6 months! My hair started to fall out and the whites of my eyes started to turn yellow. Face peeled like crazy. I had no body oil whatsoever. I went camping in the summer and didn't need to shower for a week. Gross I know but there was no showers and I'm Canadian haha. As far as weight gain or loss, no changes here. Side effects can be harsh, but to me it was worth it. My skin cleared up beautifully in the end. It was the only thing that worked for me.
    I always had a secret theory Canadians didn't shower much - i KNEW it!
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kait123 View Post
    I recently just got prescribed accutane by my dermatologist for mild (but very painful) acne. I'm only taking 20 mg once a day.
    I've read that there's a lot of negative side effects that come along with it. Such as weight fluxuations. I read one forum online where a lot of people experienced quick weight loss, then I read another one where they experienced weight gain. So I'm a little confused as to what to expect, that being said I know everyone's different.
    Much appreciated!
    the most noticeable side effect you would probably notice is dry skin, and dry mucous membranes - meaning lips, mouth, eyes. The user above experienced pretty extreme sides, i have never heard of people having it that bad.

Wednesdayx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I gained a substantial amount of weight, however it was due to the required birth control. (I'm not sure if your dermatologist follows the iPledge system for accutane)

My skin got very dry and I started getting eczema along my wrists. Cetaphil Moisturizing Creme (comes in a round tub), Aquaphor (for lips), and drinking tons of water were my life saviours. I also took vitamins A & E daily; even though they advise you not to take vitamins or any other medications I experienced no problems.

Working out got a little bit difficult due to very bad joint pain. However I ended up taking 2 ibuprofen twice during the day which helped immensely.

If you tan try to avoid going at all costs. Your skin is incredibly sensitive while on accutane and I made the huge of going and ended up with a 2nd degree burn and a bit of uneven skin tone on my cheek that has not gone away since =/

Accutane was the only thing that worked for my skin, and I have had very little problems with acne since.

Good Luck!

DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It will calcify your joints if you workout on it.
    -= 08-18-2009 Never Forget =-

Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157444353

But who was signature?

Misc Fire Team 2: 1stindoor; Johnnybomb; DonMegaR; NotMeAgain; TheSheepDog; girlygirl; sickdevildog1; MIH-XTC; awds; Sable Strenua; The Big E; prop42

exupery will become famous soon enough. (+50) exupery will become famous soon enough. (+50) exupery will become famous soon enough. (+50) exupery will become famous soon enough. (+50) exupery will become famous soon enough. (+50) exupery will become famous soon enough. (+50) exupery will become famous soon enough. (+50) exupery will become famous soon enough. (+50) exupery will become famous soon enough. (+50) exupery will become famous soon enough. (+50) exupery will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A kid I know has been out of school for months and just recently found out his illness is a side-effect of Accutane. Kid had heavy heavy acne though, but now he's facing possibly having to remove his testicles (srs). Feel horrible for him.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bokito1 View Post
    the most noticeable side effect you would probably notice is dry skin, and dry mucous membranes - meaning lips, mouth, eyes. The user above experienced pretty extreme sides, i have never heard of people having it that bad.
    I'm about 2 weeks into it now, and holy crap, major pasties, dry lips, face, mostly around my nose and my chin, and really dry hands. anyone have any mood swings on this too? i'm been very irritable lately. my poor boyfriend
    The sexiest parts of my body? My brain, my spine, and my guts.

"Don’t be afraid to go after your dreams and goals. You only fail if you quit on them. Everything else is just a setback. But don’t be like 98% of the world who complains about their lives but are too cowardly to do anything about it. If you want something, GO TAKE IT. Nothing will be handed to most of you." - Layne Norton

Wednesdayx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anyone have any mood swings on this too? i'm been very irritable lately. my poor boyfriend
    I had major mood swings while taking accutane, the littlest things would upset me. (my boyfriend wasn't very thrilled either) My dermatologist was always prying into my emotional wellbeing due to cases where accutane caused depression, a few leading to suicide.

bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokito1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm about 2 weeks into it now, and holy crap, major pasties, dry lips, face, mostly around my nose and my chin, and really dry hands. anyone have any mood swings on this too? i'm been very irritable lately. my poor boyfriend
    The simplest way to combat depression is to convince yourself that youre taking something that will finally make your life much better, dont look at the bad sides, instead look forward to improvements.

I know, I've been trying to convince myself "it's just the meds, don't be an idiot" I usually snap out of it. You're head can be tricky sometimes though.
    Has anyone ever gotten like a slightly odd feeling from it though? Sometimes I feel almost "numb" to my surroundings. Sounds lame I know, but just lately I just feel bland almost. It's a little weird.

"Don’t be afraid to go after your dreams and goals. You only fail if you quit on them. Everything else is just a setback. But don’t be like 98% of the world who complains about their lives but are too cowardly to do anything about it. If you want something, GO TAKE IT. Nothing will be handed to most of you." - Layne Norton

WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is what I HEARD. Not all of this is true, it could be.
    I heard it stunts your growth, I took it in 7th grade and haven't grown since(my doctor told me) (~3 years)
    I also heard it can mess up your bones, back and ligaments (I saw on some tv comercial). Its a very serious drug.

and chapped lips, which I also got
    Bench 402 (ace)/ 385 (440 in slingshot)
    Squat 600 (predators + frantz canvas) / 441lbs
    Dead lift 551 (super centurion+ predators) /578lbs
    Power Clean 100kg x 8
    Vertical 29in

Kind of an embarassing question, but...did anyone have any bowel "issues" with accutane? :S

BGR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am in my 2nd month on it and the worst side effect has been dry skin. I wish I would have taken this 20 years ago! It is very important to take the drug as prescribed. Stay hydrated, find a good moisturizer and use it daily, and stay out of the sun or tanning beds.

I think the ridiculous quizzes you have to take each month are the worst thing about out. At 37 and a mom of two kids, I think I have a pretty good grasp on how babies are made

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by bokito1 View Post
    this is the main thing I experienced, I had no aches or pains or any other claimed sides, but it is so drying that, being winter, you need to keep GOOD chapstick EVERYWHERE. Your purse, car, desk, bathroom, kitchen, pockets, you get the idea. Because IF you get a split lip, it will take weeks to heal.
    Also, if you wear contacts, carry rewetting drops for a few weeks until your eyes adjust

But do the whole cycle and it's worth it.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    this is the main thing I experienced, I had no aches or pains or any other claimed sides, but it is so drying that, being winter, you need to keep GOOD chapstick EVERYWHERE. Your purse, car, desk, bathroom, kitchen, pockets, you get the idea. Because IF you get a split lip, it will take weeks to heal.
    Also, if you wear contacts, carry rewetting drops for a few weeks until your eyes adjust

But do the whole cycle and it's worth it.
    OH yes! trust me, i got a crack in the corner of my lip and i swear it feels like it's been there for a an effing decade. i've got two good brands of chapstick that are with me at ALL times. i'm starting to see my face clear up a little bit, it feels pretty nice, mentally. my guy thinks im crazy for taking accutane because of all of the side effects, every little mood swing or bit of grouchy-ness i have he "assumes" it's the meds. it sucks. but he doesn't realize what it's like dealing with uncomfortable, painful outbreaks constantly, it makes you feel pretty gross sometimes. and it sucks when you talk to people and your breakouts are the focal point on your face.
    but yes, living in canada with our winters, i feel like a giant passion flakey cake. i'm dry as hell. just gotta keep at it with the moisturizer!

how long did it take to start seeing a difference in your skin? it's been a month for me and i'm still getting breakouts

5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000)
    2.5 months. Stick with it.

Odessy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Odessy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Odessy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Odessy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Odessy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Odessy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Odessy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Odessy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Odessy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Odessy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Odessy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Much appreciated!
    I heard on the news that accutane can cause crohns disease. Not sure if its true but there is a big lawsuit about it. I would suggest looking it up.
    Das Leben rinnt dir durch die Finger wie Sand
    Die Zeit vergeht wie im Flug
    Du läufst im Kreis und du verlierst den Verstand
    Doch du bekommst nie genug
    -Oomph!

Originally Posted by Odessy View Post
    I heard on the news that accutane can cause crohns disease. Not sure if its true but there is a big lawsuit about it. I would suggest looking it up.
    i've done my research, trust me.

nofear_12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofear_12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofear_12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofear_12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofear_12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofear_12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofear_12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofear_12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofear_12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofear_12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofear_12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah, definitely stick with it! I did four courses two years ago and LOVED it! Recently my acne has returned with a vengeance, so I got my derm to prescribe me another course! The longer I was on it the less extreme the drying effects were. The worst part for me were unpredictable nosebleeds - it really dried out my nasal passages. But I used vaseline before bed and that helped. Same thing with the dry/peeling lips; just slather on Carmex - best thing out there. And remember to drink tons of water! Good luck with it!

powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000)
    how long did it take to start seeing a difference in your skin? it's been a month for me and i'm still getting breakouts
    In 2 months, my body acne was completely clear and my face started to get better.

schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had to use Eucerine lotion. The real think stuff in the jar for my face and vaseline for inside my nose to help prevent nose bleeds. I found nose bleeds to be the most inconvenient.

Stick with it, I had bad acne in my late teens and early 20's and I am acne free for over 10 years.
    Instagram= lighteyedhapa

There is no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness. Po

DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    do not weight lift or really even work out too hard on accutane

well unless you enjoy your joints/ligaments/tendons calcifying (very serious)

no clue why your doctor wouldn't have informed you about the risks?

But who was signature?

Misc Fire Team 2: 1stindoor; Johnnybomb; DonMegaR; NotMeAgain; TheSheepDog; girlygirl; sickdevildog1; MIH-XTC; awds; Sable Strenua; The Big E; prop42

Originally Posted by DonMegaR View Post
    do not weight lift or really even work out too hard on accutane

well unless you enjoy your joints/ligaments/tendons calcifying (very serious)

no clue why your doctor wouldn't have informed you about the risks?
    I'm on a low dose. I can lift just fine. I've already asked her about weight training and such. She said that my joint might ache a little bit and I may feel a bit more fatigued than usual. But on a good note, I haven't experienced either of those things.
    My workout intensity hasn't changed one bit.

Originally Posted by nofear_12 View Post
    Yeah, definitely stick with it! I did four courses two years ago and LOVED it! Recently my acne has returned with a vengeance, so I got my derm to prescribe me another course! The longer I was on it the less extreme the drying effects were. The worst part for me were unpredictable nosebleeds - it really dried out my nasal passages. But I used vaseline before bed and that helped. Same thing with the dry/peeling lips; just slather on Carmex - best thing out there. And remember to drink tons of water! Good luck with it!
    Ah yes, Carmex. That has pretty much become my best friend. The cracks you get on your lips are suuuuuper friggin painful. I swear I go an hour without lipchap, and bam! there's a split.
    I drink about 4L of water, so I think I'm ok lol.
    I haven't had any nosebleeds yet. But it's been since the end of Dec/early Jan since I've been taking accutane. The acne on my chin has cleared, but my forehead hasn't changed.

I'm on a low dose. I can lift just fine. I've already asked her about weight training and such. She said that my joint might ache a little bit and I may feel a bit more fatigued than usual. But on a good note, I haven't experienced either of those things.
    My workout intensity hasn't changed one bit.
    http://accutane.poweradvocates.com/bone.html

November 6, 1986 -
    Accutane - Tendon and Ligament Calcification -
    Accutane (isotretinoin) given to treat acne, produced calcifications of tendons and ligaments in 32 of 38 patients in a study carried out at the National Institutes of Health. The ankles, pelvis and knees were the most common sites of calcification. (New England Journal of Medicine 315(19)1177-82, November 6, 1986)

But who was signature?

After 6 months of accutane my skin was clear for the first time since puberty. I am 29! I didn't think I would ever have clear skin. It was so embarrassing. Accutane is for serious acne. It is a serious drug. It should only be used asca last resort if you've tried everything else. After my 2 rounds of accutane I started retin a. This is a topical cream. I am using it to help diminish some of my acne scaring. This ****s gold! Not only are my scars fading my wrinkles are disappearing. It also helps keep my acne from coming back.

RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000)
    I took it for several years as I was entering puberty. I had a Juvinile version of a wierd psoriasis. PRP for short. Heavy doses cause excesive dehydration, itch, and depression.. Great time to have it. I know right... Well It cleared it up and by the time I as 19 I was cured. stuff sux but it works..

fyi- dunno if anyone said or not didn't read whole thread. its been linked to several sever medical conditions and there is a multi-million dollar case going on over it.