Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up srublind's BB.com Transformation Thread - Effort is only effort when it begins to hur

Well, here I begin - well, here at BB.com at least. I thought I'd get this journal thread poppin' so everything comes together - registered, pics up, BodyBlog set up, now finishing the challenge initiation with a thread. Any help or info is MUCH appreciated along the way. So many members here have helped me without knowing it the last three years. I'm on the site daily, but stay pretty quiet. I'm the quiet but effective type. Here's the current breakdown:

Height: 5'9"
    Starting Weight: 162
    Starting BF%: 22.5 (ah boy, ugh)

As I said in the contest's thread, I have a pretty good background in athletics, competition, fitness, health and wellness. I've been involved in some way my entire life with at least one of these facets of the 'life. While I've always been adequate with my physique (what was needed to perform at a high level and/or look the part of a trainer... clothed), I've never taken myself to the next level with my body. I live a healthy life, with some indulgences strewn in each week, but have yet to take it to the NEXT level. It's one I've yet to see, and can't wait to meet. I plan for my progress to be inspiring to my clients (I'm a personal trainer - NASM CPT, and manage wellness/fitness). I know they appreciate the way I meet each day, with enthusiasm and determination...with which to push them with. But, this will be MY motivation to take even their own goals even higher.

Due to my schedule (as with everyone's own challenges), I find it difficult to get a break up of workouts that I truly have come to get consistency with since being hired by my new Y. I train my clients 5:30-8am, work at my sites 9am-3pm, then train clients for a bit after. I instruct cardio/resistance fusion classes twice a week, so I need to be sure I get the rest I need. I enjoy lifting heavy and hard, so rest and nutrition will be key to get the most out of my program. I also enjoy some sports performance elements to my weeks. So, keeping things on track will be important. Just need to get a groove and the rest will fall into place. My competitive nature will fall right into line and all I'll see is the finish line.

I'll post specifics later, but today's 'workouts' were as follows:

8:00am - Interval Training (Treadmill) 5 min walk, 5 min jog, 20 minutes intervals (1 minute @ 6.0, 30 seconds @ 7.2-8.0), 5 minute walk cooldown {Heart Rate Monitor read 347 cals burned}

11:35am - Core Class Instruction

12:00pm - Cardio/Resistance Fusion Class Instruction {Heart Rate Monitor read 497 cals burned for the duration of these two classes}

I plan to post my nutrition as well as weekly program and tweak accordingly along the way. As I said, any advice or info is much appreciated. I look forward to continue pushing ahead, learning more about my body and how far I can take it, and to meet all the inspiring people I've already seen talking it up in the threads!

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind." ~Author Unknown
    srublind Thought: time to stop thinking about how far I can take myself, and DO it.

Here is the link to my BodySpace/BodyBlog -

http://blog.bodybuilding.com/srublin...transformation
    Last edited by srublind; 01-04-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Throwing in my stats.

srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500) srublind is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Day FOUR, and wanting more!

I know it's still EXTREMELY early, but I'm pretty happy with how my fat loss excel tool is helping me keep track of not only my resistance and cardio workouts, but also breaking down all the necessary numbers to keep things organized. With the challenge starting after the new year, I spent a bit of time around Christmas creating a tool to input my daily and/or weekly stats, nutrition and corresponding deficit. It's so easy to see if I'm losing too quickly, or not quickly enough, and make the necessary changes as I go. I feel as if I'll have a great handle on my rate of loss and be able to control it day to day based on the data I compile. I'm not generally a numbers kind of person, but it's making it easy breezy!

Workouts have been going as scheduled. I will be starting to record my resistance workouts Monday, after a few tweaks to my current routine. My lifts have been WAY more intense, and intervals a little bit faster. This week has been very busy, but the extra motivation of the challenge has me pushing with all I have. I hit PR's on all lifts thus far...so the motivation has caused some great results.

On another note, the 'cat's out of the bag' at work, and I now have a larger group of people supporting me in this venture. Being around fitness minded individuals day in and day out, now pushing me, will help greatly.

I can't wait to get a little bit of extra time tomorrow night to log my workouts and nutrition. This will be the key area for suggestions from everyone checking me out, so hit me up to help!

Hope everyone is doing GREAT out there, keep pushing forward! Believe!

"The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen." ~Frank Lloyd Wright
    MS, OTC, NASM-CPT, CES, FNS

IIFYM with whole, mostly unprocessed foods and allowance for BALANCE in my life = win.

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

At least I can throw some eats up in the thread.

Definitely have been slacking in the daily log/info department, but will get to that later. First wanted to share a few eats for the day. Had an AWESOME lower body day this morning; I really pushed harder with the challenge in mind. I find it hard to get an uninterupted workout in (at work), but I strapped the IPod on and gave the 'you best stay away until I crawl towards the door' look. Hit bests in all my lifts and ended with some power box jumps (nervous for faceplants, but hey, comes with the territory). Following my lift, post workout/breakfast:

Can't get this to resize. BUT, Chocolate Banana Proats and Buffalo Cottage Cheesy Eggs w/cilantro

Just put down dinner as well while watching a pretty decent wild card game:

Spinach and mushroom stuffed chicken with sun dried tomato sauce and some mixed veggies w/red pepper flakes.

Next post will be my semi-detailed plan and schedule, then the daily logs begin! Looking at 6 days in and can't wait to continue the ride.

IIFYM with whole, mostly unprocessed foods and allowance for BALANCE in my life = win.

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    goodluck with your transformation...the dinner looks yummy...and the seahawks are going to win haha
    Tears Will Get You Sympathy....Sweat Will Get You Results

Double-T Transformation Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130358073

Magnum Nutraceuticals THRUST Sponsored Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131688713

Originally Posted by thebluesbug View Post
    goodluck with your transformation...the dinner looks yummy...and the seahawks are going to win haha
    Thanks for the well wishes! What a great game, now hoping the Packers win so the Seahags travel to my Bears next weekend. Can't say it's often I'm a Packer backer.

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

And the real logs begin

Well, the first week is all but done and after a busy one I'm ready to get in my 'log' groove. I'll now be able to post my workouts and some nutrition info each night, got the schedule down. I'll even post some foods pics as I enjoy taking a little extra time to make the eats 'semi' interesting (orrrr, not just a chicken boobie and stalk of broccoli). Anyway, here are my basic nutrition goals each day and the weekly plan for now.

Nutrition:
    Averaged about 1,600 calories/day last week which was way too low. I think I found where I need to be though with my activity. Tough part was figuring out what I burned while at work; moving around a lot, training clients, etc. So...this week...

Calories: 1,750
    Protein: 155g
    Fat: 55g
    Carbs: Filling in the rest

*Note*I really am diligent about hitting my protein number, then making sure my fats are where they need to be, and throw in more carbs around the workouts...finishing the day by filling in the gaps.

Training:

Monday - TRX + HIIT
    Tuesday Steady state cardio
    Wednesday - Chest, Tri, Trap + HIIT
    Thursday Steady state cardio
    Friday - Back, Shoulders, Bi + HIIT
    Saturday Legs + Swim

Due to my class instruction for work (core and cardio/resistance fusion classes), the schedule itself is a little wacky to me. I have always had a pretty set split that worked well for me. Just have to be sure to keep the calories in check, fuel the body and track my workouts to maintain strength and progress forward.

Any thoughts or comments anyone has along the way would be much appreciated. Im open to anything and Im sure Ill be throwing some questions out from time to time.

Well, that's the gist of it! Tomorrow is DAY 7 and the logs begin!!!

"If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat." ~Herschel Walker

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

Day 8

Great Monday today! Day started out with training clients then right into work and member consultations. It seems like getting on a more efficient schedule with nutrition and the improved training program has made everything else roll along even more smoothly. Loving the last few weeks and it's keeping me pushing ahead.

Today's Nutrition:
    Calories: 1,713
    Protein: 156g
    Fat: 64g

*Almost hit my nutrition goals perfectly, smal changes tomorrow should do the trick

Training:
    TRX - 30 minutes (had planned to do 45 minutes, but meetings ran over)
    LISS - 30 minutes (treadmill incline walk)

Felt great today, probably could've gone a little harder with the cardio, but today is my 'easy' day of the week (besides rest day Sunday). So, it will come...tomorrow has a hard run in the morning and 2 hours of class instruction in store for me. Bring it!

"Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward." ~Victor Kiam

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

Meals Eating Now Thread

Just in case anyone pops in on my thread, I started a Meals Eating Now thread for those participating in the BB.com/ON Transformation Challenge. Just a great way to show everyone what we're cooking up to reach our twelve week goals! Post anything you like; it'll help everyone to create different things out of the standard 'cutting' foods, how to include LOTS of different things in your plan (besides the 'normal' foods associated with boring cutting)...or even give basic information for normal everyday transition eats. Just another way to help and motivate each other! You can find it here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=130758183

Daily log to come tonight, did an interval run on the treadmill this morning. Felt good! Class instruction coming up for a few hours. Time to motivate members!

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

Day 9

Tuesday and my Day 9. Day went smoothly as they have been. Early early clients this morning, but got me going! I seemed to tweak my quad a little while demonstrating an exercise this morning (legs still have some stiffness from Saturday lower body day), so that coupled with cold muscles and pretty wide range of motion in my movement caused something to make the quad unhappy. Going to be conscious of it the rest of the week, and be sure not to take it too far. I've got another killer lower body workout this Saturday to get through!

Training:
    Interval run on the treadmill - 35 minutes
    Class instruction (core and cardio/resistance fusion class)

Nutrition:
    Calories - 1,758
    Protein - 152g
    Fat - 59g

And, my dinner - Cajun seasoned chicken strips over sauteed green beans (w/onion and garlic) w/lemon dijon dipping sauce and baked sweet potato 'chips' DELISH!

"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." ~Sam Ewing
    Last edited by srublind; 01-11-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

Hit hump day hard

Today was long, but went smoothly and quickly. Finally got my groove with my split going, hit chest/tri/traps today and HEA-VY. Felt great! Definitely need to start my workout log on my BodySpace. So, here was today:

Nutrition:
    Calories - 1,678
    Protein - 154g
    Fat - 51g

Training:
    Lift - Chest/Tri/Traps

Smith Machine Bench; 20/95, 20/95, 12/115, 6/135, 2/155, 1/160
    DB Chest Press; (palms in) 20/20, 15/25, 10/30 (palms forward) 8/40, 4/45
    ss w/BOSU Power Push Up first three sets; 10, 6, 6
    Cable Fly (FreeMotion); 15/40, 12/50, 10/60, 4/70
    ss w/Med Ball Power Press; 15, 15, 15, 15 (12 pound med ball)
    Cable Cross Decline (FreeMotion); 12/22.5, 10/25, 10/27.5, 7/30
    ss w/Cable Cross Incline (FM); 8/12.5, 10/10, 10/10, 10/10
    Rope Pressdown (FM); 12/25, 10/27.5, 6/30
    ss w/1 Arm Overhead Ext.; 6/15, 5/15, 5/15
    DB Shrug; 15/50, 15/50, 15/50

Low Intensity Incline Treadmill Walk - 30 minutes

Great workout, felt beat after... just the way I like it. Now it's time to peruse the other threads and participants for motivation then off to bed. Pretty excited to not have a client until 7:30am tomorrow. BUT, since I have some extra morning time, gonna get my butt outa bed at 5:15 to get in pick up ball at 6! Stoked!

The time is NOW, staring me in the face...time to do it up and keep it up.

"I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." ~Ken Venturi
    Last edited by srublind; 01-12-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

Jumping in here this morning to post a quickie. Had a GREAT morning. I didn't have a client until 7:30 this morning, usually I'd get a bit of extra sleep as it would be my sleep in day. BUT, got myself up just after 5 to get in an hour and a half of pick up ball. It felt GREAT. Throwing in something differen to my weekly activity plan definitely felt energizing. I actually jumped out of bed excited to play.

My work with med balls the last 3-4 months created a poor shot - everything went LONNNNG. BUT, HR monitor had me at 1,040 burned. I figure if it's even 200 off...that's a great start to the day and a bunch of calories in the drain before 8am. I'll take it.

Just a few more days to the weekend. Keep on pluggin'!

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

TGI-ALMOST-F

What a long day this seemed. Playing basketball this morning felt GREAT, until the normal routine and planned nutrition fell short due to the HUGE caloric deficit. Started getting a decent headache right before class instruction and couldn't wait to get home tonight to get a good meal in me and my calories right. I'll remember this for next week and adjust accordingly on the day I play. Still pretty glad I got the game in, easy caloric deficit for the day, and a few hundred extra calories to play with.

Nutrition:
    Calories - 2,012 (a bit extra thanks to the basketball)
    Protein - 158g
    Fat - 63g
    Carbs - 241 (MUCH higher than usual due to the energy needed today)

Training:
    Basketball - 70 minutes - 1,040 calories burned
    Core and resistance/cardio fusion class instruction

Can't wait to get tomorrow going, my favorite - back day - then sliding into the weekend with a lot of relaxing a birthday dinner (good sushi, bonus) with a big group for a friend. no cocktails or indulging for me though, planning my order ahead!

"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure." ~George Edward Woodberry

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebluesbug is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    what does your back workout consist of?
    Tears Will Get You Sympathy....Sweat Will Get You Results

Double-T Transformation Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130358073

Magnum Nutraceuticals THRUST Sponsored Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131688713

I like to combine strength and power movements in supersets; I find it blasts the back and I end up dragging my upper body out of the gym at the end. I start with a major basic lift without a superset, then the rest go as stated. So, today will look like:

Back/Shoulder/Bi Day

Deadlift (two warm up sets, three working sets)
    Barbell Row ss w/Kettlebell swing
    Lat Pulldown ss w/Incline push up to a one arm kettlebell raise (this is TOUGH)
    One Arm DB Row
    Barbell Shoulder Press
    Seated Incline DB Curl
    Cable Curl - 21s
    Pull Up to failure (x3)

I don't do much shoulder work as I hit this hard in my class instruction during the week. This just gets me the opportunity to put up much heavier weight once/week. I also don't do many isolation exercises (bi's,tri's), so I finish with these a few times a week.

I just tweaked my plan so I'll have to see how this feels after today and the next few weeks. I just need to watch the volume.

Thanks for the question, any advice or thoughts is ALWAYS much appreciated!

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by srublind View Post

Can't get this to resize. BUT, Chocolate Banana Proats and Buffalo Cottage Cheesy Eggs w/cilantro
    Apparently your food looked so good it violated imageshack's terms of use. Food porn! lol

Now that I go back and read that again..."Buffalo Cottage Cheesy Eggs"? This sounds interesting. Can you explain it? I get so tired of plain eggs/egg whites.

Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Subbed!

Good Luck!
    *RCSS Rep*

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ronnie-coleman-signature-series.html

buckeyegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have found you ;)

I have never posted anything in any forum before so I am not even sure I am doing this right.

Love your thread! It's motivating to see someone I know on here. Sounds like you have a good plan and after reading yours, it makes me want to get more organized. Keep up the hard work!!

Originally Posted by King Jug View Post
    Apparently your food looked so good it violated imageshack's terms of use. Food porn! lol

Now that I go back and read that again..."Buffalo Cottage Cheesy Eggs"? This sounds interesting. Can you explain it? I get so tired of plain eggs/egg whites.
    Haha, yeah I was wondering about the food pornz violation. They must've been some MEAN looking eggs. The buffalo cottage cheesy eggs are a whole egg, two egg white, when they're just about cooked I throw in the cottage cheese (about 1/4 cup) and let it get melty. At the end I pour in some Franks Buffalo Sauce. It tastes SO MUCH like buffalo chicken dip. I did add diced chicken in them today... SOOOO GOOD.

Originally Posted by Free Weight Friedel View Post
    Subbed!

Good Luck!
    Awesome, thank you!! You too!

Originally Posted by buckeyegirl View Post
    I have never posted anything in any forum before so I am not even sure I am doing this right.

Love your thread! It's motivating to see someone I know on here. Sounds like you have a good plan and after reading yours, it makes me want to get more organized. Keep up the hard work!!
    Well helloooooo. I was wondering how long it'd take you to find me. I really haven't posted much either, just always have read and researched based on conversation here. But, I figure as long as I'm in this challenge, might as well keep better track of things and keep myself and whoever else cares to listen - MOTIVATED. I agree it's nice to see a familiar face. I'm excited we're both in this, it'll be fun to keep up!

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

Definitely glad Friday has come! Fridays always fly by for me, and this one was no different. Felt much better today after my ha-uge deficit yesterday. Got in my killer back workout and loved every second of it. I'm going to enjoy this one each week.

Nutrition:
    Calories -1,647 (about 100 low, but feeling stuffed after plenty of chicken, broccoli and a bit of potato...and some cottage cheese and peanut butter to go in a few hours)
    Protein - 155
    Fat - 53

Back/Shoulder/Biceps:

Deadlift-
    15/95, 12/115, 10/135, 6/185, 3/205, 2/210 (yeeeeeeah)

Smith Machine Row
    12/95, 10/115, 6/135, 3/145
    ss w/KettlebellSwing
    20/20, 15/25, 15/30, 15/35

Lat Pulldown
    12/100, 8/120, 6/130
    ss w/Push Up to 1 Arm Kettlebell Raise
    6(r,l)/20, 6(r,l)/20, 5(r,l)/20

1 Arm DB Row
    12/40, 8/50, 5/60

BB Shoulder Press (have shoulder issues, so this is my only heavy shoulder lift of the week, otherwise I get in decent shoulder work through the classes I instruct)
    15/35, 12/45, 10/55

Seated Alt. DB Curl
    10/20, 10/20

Cable Curl (21s)
    21/45

Now, rest time tonight with Netflix and later visions of lower body tomorrow morning dancing in my head. Have a great weekend everyone and keep pushing hard! Work through the soreness and fatigue, but listen to your body. When you can't get that last rep out, imagine someone...somewhere...IS.

"The difference between try and triumph is a little umph." ~Author Unknown

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

L E G S legs legs legs

Woke up this morning, without the alarm clock blaring, just after 6am. After telling myself a bit more bed time would be fine...I rolled around until about 7:15 then up and at 'em! Leg day was waiting for me!

Just pressed play on "Supersize Me" on Netflix, so watching a little American obesity epidemic while I post my tough but worth every second lower body workout.

Legs:

Smith Machine Squat -
    25/95, 12/135, 12/155, 8/185, 4/205, 2/225, 1/230

Leg Press (99% sure the sled weighs in at 50lbs) -
    12/230, 10/280, 8/300, 4/350, 20/140 (last set a power set)

Split Stance Squat (back foot on bench, front foot on wooden block. HUGE ROM) -
    12(r,l)/20s, 12(r,l)/20s, 10(r,l)/25s

Leg Extension -
    12/95, 10/125, 6/155

Standing Calf Raise -
    15/220 (toes forward), 15/220 (toes in), 15/220 (toes out)

Box Jumps
    15x3

Legs were definitely wobbly after this one, love that feeling of slight fear when attempting the last few box jumps and hoping the legs do what what my mind wants them to.

Finished up with 25 minutes LISS.

Nutrition to be determined.

Now it's Saturday time. Relaxing with the food documentary, getting some work done, watching the Stillers then hitting a friend's birthday gig across the street - sushi BONUS. Choosing my order ahead of time with the online menu and sticking with water. FOCUSED.

"They can conquer who believe they can." ~ Virgil

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000) King Jug is just really nice. (+1000)
    BOX JUMPS AFTER ALL THAT?! I would've face planted! BTW I may have to give that egg recipe a try. Frank's Buffalo sauce is the greatest. I've tried all the new Franks sauces so far except Chile & Lime. I can't find it anywhere.

Originally Posted by King Jug View Post
    BOX JUMPS AFTER ALL THAT?! I would've face planted! BTW I may have to give that egg recipe a try. Frank's Buffalo sauce is the greatest. I've tried all the new Franks sauces so far except Chile & Lime. I can't find it anywhere.
    Haha Yeeeeeah! I guess the will to NOT break my face on the box and/or ground pushed me through in one piece.

LOVE the Frank's Buffalo sauce. I go through those like crazy when I'm more strict with my nutrition. Come to think of it.... yep, need a new one next grocery trip. I haven't seen the chile and lime, I'll have to keep an eye out. I've also got a few varieties in the kitchen, but buffalo seems to get the most play.

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

And I rest

Sunday is rest day. So, even while I feel as if I should be doing something, forcing the body to get some recovery time. I am not, however, idle. Somehow woke up AGAIN by 7am. Watched a little documentary called; Bigger, Faster, Stronger, that delt with steroids. Kind of interesting stuff; the different points of view and such.

Anyway, laundry is done. Eggs are boiling. Chicken ready to go in the oven and the week's food prep will be pretty much complete. I am planning a 'Philly Steak Wrap' and sweet potato 'fries' for lunch to go with the Bears game. Keepin it healthy and cheering on my boys.

Happy Sunday.

GO BEARS!

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

Football foods as promised (well, to myself):

Cheesesteak Wrap, baked Sweet Potato Chips (dusted with cinnamon) and a bit of red. fat sour cream for dipping. Hit the spot! Thus far it's been lots of chicken and tuna, so the small bit of red meat did my tastebuds a favor. I even treated myself to a Diet Sierra Mist; which is unusual for me.

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

Offically started week three today; woke up ready to go! The day was nice and relaxed with a slower pace due to the holiday. It just meant I got to my workout earlier than expected. Today's run down:

Nutrition:
    Calories - 1,651
    Protein - 149g
    Fat - 56g

Training:
    TRX (40 minutes) - I really enjoy throwing this in once/week. I feel it challenges my body in a completely different way than the normal split. Keeping those muscles guessing.
    LISS - 30 minutes

Getting some rest in tonight, basketball in the morning (5:15!) and excited to get up early to get it in. After last week's low energy bomb that hit, I'm more prepared with extra food to keep me going.

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." ~John Wooden

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

Felt great today waking up super early, extra activity and class instruction. I definitely found the right formula for such a high energy day - last week was not so smart with it. Got in an hour and a half of pick up this morning...was at the gym by 5:20am, felt good! Class instruction went great too, I think the members were feeling my energy!

Nutrition:
    Calories - 1,980 (thaaaank you basketball for a few extra cals)
    Protein - 177
    Fat - 65

MMMMMDinner - Herb de Provance (sp?) chicken, sauteed green beans w/onion and garlic and a sorry little sweet potato. I usually bake these in the oven as 'fries', but went microwave today...lost track of it and it shriveled a bit. Better luck next time!

Training:
    AM Basketball - 90 minutes
    Class instruction - 90 minutes

Starting to see some awesome changes with the physique. The first update photos will be fun to see. Soon to come. I'm in this for REAL this time and I'm glad I'm doing it in an open forum kind of way. Motivation continues.

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other." ~Abraham Lincoln

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

Over hump day #3

Week three, day three... and over the hump. Crazy busy day, but got a great workout in and somehow managed to keep the nutrition in line.

Nutrition:
    Calories - 1,668 (juuuust a little low)
    Protein - 155g
    Fat - 65g

Training:

Chest/Tri/Traps

SM Bench -
    20/95, 20/95, 12/115, 6/135, 4/145, 1/160, .75/165 (didn't take the bar down far enough, but was close to digging this one out!)

DB Chest Press ss w/BOSU Power Push Up -
    Palms In Press 20/20, 15/25, 12/30 Palms Normal Press 10/40, 6/45 ss w/
    Push Up 10, 8, 6 (only on first three sets)

Cable Fly ss w/Med Ball Power Press (thrown straight up in the air) -
    Cable Fly 15/50, 10/60, 8/70 ss w/
    MB PP 15, 15, 15

FreeMotion Decline/Incline Fly SS -
    Decline 12/22.5, 12/25, 10/27.5, 8/30 ss/
    Incline 12/10, 12/10, 10/10, 10/10

Rope Pressdown ss w/Overhead Ext. -
    Rope Pressdown 12/25, 10/27.5, 8/30
    Overhead Ext 10/25, 10/30, 8/30

DB Shrug -
    15/60, 15/60, 15/65

63 minutes...had to stop a few times to address work issues (positives and negatives of working out in the workplace...aka. gym).

25 minutes HIIT on the bike

GREAT DAY!!! Now it's wind down time. Run in the morning between clients!

The time is now.

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" ~John Wooden

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

Crazy busy day today, but got in the training I had planned, a bit of work done that's on my plate and sat in snowy straffic for TWO hours trying to get ten miles to home. Used the time to relax and think, what else could a kid do? PUMPED that tomorrow is Friday..have a pretty full slate for a change this weekend; but all good. Anyway...today:

Training:
    Treadmill interval run - 35 minutes (ended with a 2 minute run up 12% grade incline) SWEAT was pouring and it felt GREAT!
    Class instruction - 90 minutes

Nutrition:
    Calories - 1,706
    Protein - 152
    Fat - 66

My reward for patience in CRAZY traffic: DINNER!

Chicken w/Hawaiin Sauce, roasted cauliflower and sweet potato fries w/cinnamon. MMMMM MMM!

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

Everybody's workin' for the weekennnd...

....annnnnd I'm working tomorrow. Ah well. Still glad I've made it successfully through yet another week. Monday will mark the start of week four for my transformation! I can't believe it'll have been a month already so soon. So far I'm right on schedule with my rate of loss, and strength is even going UP. This really feels great, as this has never happened with a cut for me before. I just may have found my sweet spot. I'm sure that my body will smarten up soon though and I'll have to trick it again.

BACK day today!! My favorite. Hit bests with most of my lifts, felt AWESOME. I even got in an indoor soccer game (I've missed my game so much), as a sub for a friend of a friend's team. Had a blast and got in some decent cardio. As it was coed, I even felt some strength, holding my own against some guys shoulder to shoulder.

Anyway, here's today:

Nutrition:
    Calories - 1,665
    Protein - 135 (a bit low here today, need to hit the grocery)
    Fat - 57

Training:
    Indoor soccer - 45 minute game, on the field approximately 20 minutes on and off

Back/Shoulder/Biceps (*means "best" weight to date...I know most use "PR", but record feels like it should be the culmination of something...not just improvement week to week)

Deadlift -
    15/95, 12/135, 8/185, 4/205, 2/210, 1/215*

Smith Machine Row -
    12/95, 8/125, 4/145, 2/150*
    ss w/Kettlebell swing -
    15/25, 15/30, 15/35

Lat Pulldown -
    12/100, 10/120, 5/140*
    ss w/Push up to Kettlebell Raise (r,l)
    6/20, 6/20, 6/20

One Arm DB Row -
    10/50, 8/60, 4/70*

Barbell Shoulder Press -
    12/45, 10/55, 10/65

Seated Incline Curl -
    10/20, 10/20

Cable Curl
    21/45

Duration: 61 minutes

*******I have to admit I was dragging my feet a little into this workout today; even being my favorite. It did cross my mind to take it down a notch as I've been killing it so far. BUT, about 1/4 into my workout (which I decided to push through hard), random guy told me he was impressed by the intensity of my workout; well, in different words ("Man, you must be GASSED, you're WORKIN' it. I'm impressed"). Made me feel awesome, and push EVEN HARDER the rest of the way. ********

LOVING IT!

The will. The desire. The urge. It's all coming together. Full potential gets closer and closer.

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence." ~Confucius

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT

Rest day shifting

Well, today brought with it a 'rest' day type of attitude after getting very little sleep last night. Not to worry, got in some work hours and shifting today's lower body lift to tomorrow. Plan is to hit Costco for some food supplies, bang out the workout then hunker down for playoff football.

I've yet to 'refeed', so hitting day 21 tomorrow...giving some thought to a high carb refeed. My numbers are dropping as I hoped, so not exactly worried about it. We'll see how intense the lower body lift goes and what I may want to make for football watching.

Enjoy your Saturday all!

Work in Progress
    #LIVFIT