Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about loosing some fat not muscle

I weigh 226 and im 6'4, Got a decent amount of muscle (look at pics for refrence) here is my question. I wanna lose BF% without loosing all the hard earned muscle ive gained. Currently Me and my lifting partner are just lifting big (8-4 reps) 5 sets per exersize on big muscle groups 4 on smaller ones.
    Anyway, if I start adding 30 mins of cardio in the morning and 30 at night (running, jumprope, possibly HITT every few sessions) will i lose fat or wind up loosing alot of muscle? My deit is alright, not set in stone at the moment since im not exactly "cutting" yet. But I make sure to get my 220-280 g of protein ea day and a dec amount of carbs.
    My diet basically consists of; eggs, chicken breast, salmon, tuna, pb, oats, bread, protein shakes.
    dont drink soda ofcourse and try to stay away from to much milk and OJ. However, like I said the diets not perfect atm I occassion have the slip up of a tbell run when non bodybuilder friends and i sometimes go out. occassional snack. But its not that hard to cut those things out.
    Anyway as far as the cardio, yes or no ill post some pictures tomorow so you can have a more updated version of my progress.

and just incase i ever run into extra money I want a good cutting cycle for when its that time. Last time I ran animal cuts, dx lean extreme and t-bol (long time ago). and from what i understand supps like t-bol are usless unless im in the 2-3rd week of a pct.

what would be a good sup cycle to run for cutting

senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude just keep a moderate (300-500ish calorie) deficit, lift hard, and keep your protein high and you'll be fine. At the very worst you'll lose like 1lb extra of muscle over an ideal set up, which only takes a few weeks to recover.

Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by senor_mortgage View Post
    Dude just keep a moderate (300-500ish calorie) deficit, lift hard, and keep your protein high and you'll be fine. At the very worst you'll lose like 1lb extra of muscle over an ideal set up, which only takes a few weeks to recover.
    so add the cardio or no? Because since i stopped cardio and running all the time Ive put alot of weight on the squat rack. I wanna keep seeing that number increase. but, I would much rather be able to lather up my core with keels and look badass haha.

Ive always wanted a hard powerful core with a sixpack. Any advise?

alwaystranquil is just really nice. (+1000) alwaystranquil is just really nice. (+1000) alwaystranquil is just really nice. (+1000) alwaystranquil is just really nice. (+1000) alwaystranquil is just really nice. (+1000) alwaystranquil is just really nice. (+1000) alwaystranquil is just really nice. (+1000) alwaystranquil is just really nice. (+1000) alwaystranquil is just really nice. (+1000) alwaystranquil is just really nice. (+1000) alwaystranquil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Murphdawgg485 View Post
    so add the cardio or no? Because since i stopped cardio and running all the time Ive put alot of weight on the squat rack. I wanna keep seeing that number increase. but, I would much rather be able to lather up my core with keels and look badass haha.

Ive always wanted a hard powerful core with a sixpack. Any advise?
    Running certainly helps define your core as it burns fat and you use your core a lot.

As for it (running) attributing to muscle loss, I'm not too sure.

From what I've gathered, as long as the cardio isn't just before your weight lifting sessions, it shouldn't affect muscle loss. However that could just be broscience, maybe someone can back that claim up with proof. As long as you are eating right, muscle loss shouldn't be a big issue on a slow cut.

zyzzismyhero is not very well liked. (-100) zyzzismyhero is not very well liked. (-100) zyzzismyhero is not very well liked. (-100) zyzzismyhero is not very well liked. (-100) zyzzismyhero is not very well liked. (-100) zyzzismyhero is not very well liked. (-100) zyzzismyhero is not very well liked. (-100) zyzzismyhero is not very well liked. (-100) zyzzismyhero is not very well liked. (-100) zyzzismyhero is not very well liked. (-100) zyzzismyhero is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm pretty sure it's impossible to burn only fat. Your going to burn a little muscle, just keep protein high and lower your carb intake, add a little cardio.

FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by zyzzismyhero View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's impossible to burn only fat. Your going to burn a little muscle, just keep protein high and lower your carb intake, add a little cardio.
    No, it isnt. There are plenty of people that lose almost nothing when they cut fat. There are people that gain muscle when they cut fat. It all depends on your diet.. and OP seems to have his squared away.. as long as your getting 150g of protein your probably fine.

The way your body works is that it prefers different types of energy first-it prioritizes in a way. Its going to want to use simple sugars first, then complex carbs you eat. When that turns out it will go to the liver for glycogen and then the muscles for glycogen which is can basically be turned into carbs. Once that supply runs out your body will turn to fat for energy and will use that until its almost depleted.... the only chance of losing muscle is when you either have poor protein intake and your body needs protein for bodily activities, or you get very low in bodyfat sub 8% you might start to lose some. But other than that, your fine. The body only breaks down muscle as a LAST resort...its more or less when your in starvation mode or depleted of protein