boconnor811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which used treadmill is the best buy

Well I've read a bunch of threads here on recommended brands etc, and these are available locally. Prices listed are asking prices so it is possible some could be negotiated down to some degree.

Which would you pick and why?

Pacemaster Gold 2007 model - $1200
    Landice L7 Cardio 2005 model - $1250
    Precor c956i - $1695
    Trimline t350 - $650

DC-333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DC-333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DC-333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DC-333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DC-333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DC-333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DC-333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DC-333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DC-333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DC-333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DC-333 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by boconnor811 View Post
    Well I've read a bunch of threads here on recommended brands etc, and these are available locally. Prices listed are asking prices so it is possible some could be negotiated down to some degree.

Which would you pick and why?

Pacemaster Gold 2007 model - $1200
    Landice L7 Cardio 2005 model - $1250
    Precor c956i - $1695
    Trimline t350 - $650
    If the Landice is coming from the original owner, then they can transfer the lifetime warranty to you with documentation provided by Landice. Landice is also built like a tank.

Precor is also built like a tank and has a superior suspension/decking system IMHO.

Pacemaster Gold is a good tread, far cry from the Landice or Precor though.

Trimline, don't bother.

You should also be able to contact each company and get technical diagnostics that will allow you to pull up hours of use and mileage on each unit. Serial #'s will also verify production date of each unit too.

ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DC-333 View Post
    If the Landice is coming from the original owner, then they can transfer the lifetime warranty to you with documentation provided by Landice. Landice is also built like a tank.

Precor is also built like a tank and has a superior suspension/decking system IMHO.

Pacemaster Gold is a good tread, far cry from the Landice or Precor though.

Trimline, don't bother.

You should also be able to contact each company and get technical diagnostics that will allow you to pull up hours of use and mileage on each unit. Serial #'s will also verify production date of each unit too.
    DC-333 has it right. I prefer the Precor only because I have one that I bought off craigslist for $800 with only one hour used on it. Practically new although it is the entry level 9.23. Still I have had it for over a year now and it is still going strong. I would check to see how many miles are on each of the machines either Landice or Precor.

commonguy001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) commonguy001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) commonguy001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) commonguy001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) commonguy001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) commonguy001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) commonguy001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) commonguy001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) commonguy001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) commonguy001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) commonguy001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The Landice is suppose to be bullet proof and if it's got low hours/miles is probably a good one.

The Precor is a commercial unit and will require a dedicated circuit (I think). You'll want to check that out if you're leaning that way. I also really like Precor treadmills and have the current 9.31 model in my home gym. Spendy but will last for years with heavy use.

Both the Landice and Precor have steel frames. The Pacemaster has an alloy frame which isn't going to be as solid as the steel ones and they have had breakage issues in the past. This one may or may not be affected by that but it's something to think about. I also don't think 1200 is a great deal.

I have never used a trimline so I'll hold any comments on that one.

Good luck man
    They're great to have and we use ours all the time.

boconnor811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all the replies... I was leaning towards the Landice as it was more in-line with what I wanted to spend. I know the Precor is a full blown commercial unit which definitely has its merits, but after speaking with the seller, I don't think they are very flexible on the price.

I'll definitely look into the diagnostic functions to evaluate hours/miles of usage, and I'll provide an update when I pull the trigger.