obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

whey as primary protein source

Due to me being stingy, I've more or less begun to live off whey shakes as my primary source of protein. I generally consume ~200g protein/day @ 3000 cals/day and I'd say at least 120g are from whey. The rest of the food I eat is whole foods, mostly old fashioned oats and peanuts for my carbs/fats. So I'm getting some protein from whole foods but the majority is processed. Am I doing myself a disservice by consuming so much processed protein? Would digestive enzymes help? I typically eat this way 90% of the time and my current goals are to recompose/lean bulk & gain strength. I can't afford organic meats and I'm not too interested to consume copious amounts of "barry bonds" chicken

Meal A:
    1 scoop whey
    1 cup oatmeal
    1t cinnamon
    1t 100% cocoa powder
    1T lethicin granules or flax seeds
    1T splenda w/ probiotics

Meal B:
    1 scoop whey
    2oz nuts/nut butter
    1 serving dark greens

5-6 meals/day...Meal A for 1st/pre/post WO, Meal B any other time/rest days
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

uflcook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why only organic meats, you can get fresh steak such as top round, really low fat beef, or fresh chicken from the deli in the grocery store. That's what I do, chicken is cheap on sale $2 a pound or so, same thing for steak. Not to mention the health benefits of red meat. But the protein vs. calories is much higher in these than compared to many other sources. I like to use shakes as supplement only, I'd rather depend on diet for most of my protein.

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sure i can get inexpensive animal meats but they're going to be loaded with hormones/steroids and brought up on corn feed

i'm sure my whey is coming from corn fed cows as well and its roughly half the cost per serving of protein assuming 3-4oz meat = 1 scoop whey from a protein content POV

i'd love to eat grass fed free range everything but with my economic status, that is just not possible. So if I'm going to eat nutritionally inferior food, am I doing myself a disservice by eating the processed whey or should I buy the $2 boneless skinless chicken breasts?
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tbh I would rather rely on protein shakes too IF I had to choose between low grade meat and the shake.

On the other hand, I try to get as high grade meat as I can and it doesn't become that much more expensive. Eating real food provides you with the vitamins/minerals and extra satiating effects that whey doesn't as well as the TEF which will help with metabolism etc.

I know the welfare standards differ over here though so its hard to tell what sorts of meat are available over there.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've done this for 2-3 months at a time over the last couple years when money is really tight. You'll be fine....I'm the opposite of you now, I eat all meat and little to no whey...barry bonds chicken and beef is A-OK with me.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Try beans and eggs too if meat is not as affordable for you.
    I can get 12 sevings (9g protein per) of beans for a dollar
    A dozen eggs (72g protein) for a dollar
    Cheaper than whey
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

i've gone the egg route before, yea, its probably the cheapest whole foods animal protein route but they're not as portable. I'm always in a house at the end of the day so I really have no excuse not to have eggs
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ITT: Irrational paranoia.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741