Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    EliasLB69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DAMN VET, u got more hair in ur pits than i do on my ass
    WALK WHAT YOU TALK OR YOUR PUNK ASS WILL TRIP

YOU'RE NEVER DEAD UNTIL YOU'RE FOROTTEN

SOMOS POCOS PERO LOCOS

4/20/03 R.I.P BULLET AKA Carlos Sanchez
    ey homie, i love you ese, you won't be forgotten. i'm tryin to stay out of trouble for you homie, you taught me the streets, and to steer clear of the cowards and rankers. You were loved by many, hated by more, respected by all. To those who think that you were nothin more than a thug, they were wrong, YOU raised your family even if it was dirty money it was for a good cause. Alrato locote, i'll kep an eye out for your jevita nd familia. I know you'll be watchin over me, put in a good word at those pearly gates, later holmes.

ffknight84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no offense dude but from some of ur posts and how you talk about lifting weights you sound like your 12. Not that your dumb, but just un/misinformed about lifting.

and i believe i read somewhere saying you did not want to get big and bulky correct?

contrary to noobish belief it is very hard to get big from lifting, it takes years of dedication, the right training method, hard work and thousands upon thousands of dollars of food.

one of the kids on my lacrosse team wont lift cause he said he doesnt want to get big, had he not been a teamate i would have laughed in his face, like you get big overnight. There are routines out there for different kinds of athletes that will meet there needs, aka baseball players. for the most part they stay lean,with the exception of firstbasemen, but at the same time they are very strong. well now im just rambling on no real point here, later ill prolly have to go back and edit this later...
    King's College Lacrosse
    2003 3-11 ( ye we need work )
    2004 over .500

The Vascularity Monster Veteran_Gymnast's Avatar
    Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thx um elias.... actuall no... lol like i said "enjoy the pit hair"

I figured you were setting my up for some age comment knight. If I'd have said I was 12 you probably would have said I was acting like I was 8. If I'd have said I was 20 you'd have probably said that I acted like I was 16... Please stop with the direct insults... Lift weights if ya like! I admit I know basically nothing about weight lifting... that is partially why I joined this board!!! Get off my back! I like weightless. Just look at my pic and you can see it does at least SOMETHING. I never try to tick people off with my posts. I usually say something like "I think it is like this" or "Ive heard blah blah" or "probably" "maybe"...whatever... I want some releif from the constant flames!

PEACE I BEG PEACE!!!!
    Kid: *Looks at the veins in my arms* "WOAH! Are you on crack or something?!"
    Personal Trainer: "Your veins are like pipes O_o...." :D

Age: 18, Height 5'7", Weight: 150lbs, ****type: Mesomorph, Fiber Type: Fast Twitch (Quit being anal, I know I have both.)

I've switched things up. Maybe I'll post some new maxes soon. (My size-strength ratio is so bad! :P)

People, you have my respect: IGF, EmperialChina

Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sigh I meant for this to be a place where anyone who wants to talk about weightless workouts or who has tips on the subject to talk about it.... it has turned into a flame war *sheds a single tear* Lets be on topic please... I will continue to try not to make comments about things of which I know little about.

Age: 18, Height 5'7", Weight: 150lbs, ****type: Mesomorph, Fiber Type: Fast Twitch (Quit being anal, I know I have both.)

I've switched things up. Maybe I'll post some new maxes soon. (My size-strength ratio is so bad! :P)

Originally posted by ffknight84
    no offense dude but from some of ur posts and how you talk about lifting weights you sound like your 12. Not that your dumb, but just un/misinformed about lifting.

and i believe i read somewhere saying you did not want to get big and bulky correct?

contrary to noobish belief it is very hard to get big from lifting, it takes years of dedication, the right training method, hard work and thousands upon thousands of dollars of food.

one of the kids on my lacrosse team wont lift cause he said he doesnt want to get big, had he not been a teamate i would have laughed in his face, like you get big overnight. There are routines out there for different kinds of athletes that will meet there needs, aka baseball players. for the most part they stay lean,with the exception of firstbasemen, but at the same time they are very strong. well now im just rambling on no real point here, later ill prolly have to go back and edit this later...

ME????

SOMOS POCOS PERO LOCOS

ey homie, i love you ese, you won't be forgotten. i'm tryin to stay out of trouble for you homie, you taught me the streets, and to steer clear of the cowards and rankers. You were loved by many, hated by more, respected by all. To those who think that you were nothin more than a thug, they were wrong, YOU raised your family even if it was dirty money it was for a good cause. Alrato locote, i'll kep an eye out for your jevita nd familia. I know you'll be watchin over me, put in a good word at those pearly gates, later holmes.

I think he was talking to me....

Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dwnq

Read it upside down.
    Fedora (260+) is banned. I am Fedora II. All the other Fedoras are stupid impersonators.

Lightbulb

New workout: 1 minute pullup. slowly rise for 30 seconds then slowly lower your self.

Kudos to Back and Biceps for this workout.

BUMP!!!!!

;`*·.¸
    ; . . `*·.¸
    ,'. . . . .´................... .......................................¸.·*´`.¸.·* ´¨˜°²~·-.¸
    ; . . . ,'..................... ..................,'¯¯`..·´¯`*·.¸.´`*·;¸ . . . . . . . . . .`·.
    ; . . . ;....................,,.·*´;.........;`*·;¸ . . . . . . . . . . .`. . . ,'`*·.¸. . . . . ',
    ; . . . ;/·*´¨˜°²~·-.,......; . . ',........; . . .; . . .,'`·__·´`*·¸. .`·. . ;......', . . . . .;
    ;. . . . . . . . . . . . `·...; . . .;.......', . . .;. . .,...........,'. .. ; .',......,'. . . . . ;
    ', . . . . ,'¨˜°²~·-.¸ . . .`..; . . ',........', . . ;. . ;...........;. . ,' . ;¸,.·´ . . . . ..´
    .; . . . .;..........; . . . ;.; . . . `·.,¸¸,.·´ . . ;. .;...........;. .. , . . . .¸.-·~²°˜¨
    .; . . . . ', ‚:-·~ . . . ,'..; . . . . . . . .¸,.·´. . ;.......;. ..,'. . . . ;
    .; . . . . . . . . . . . . ´....`·. . . . .¸,.·´ ,'__,.·............;¸.·*´;. . . .;
    .;____;`·.,¸¸.-·~²°˜¨'..........¯¯¯¯............................. ....;. . . .;
    .......................................... .................................;. . . .',
    .......................................... .................................;. . . . ',
    .......................................... .................................;¸.-·~²°˜¨

iwannabearnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DAMN, I mean that's really good, its hard not beleive your not lifting weights, I just started lifting, maybe I should quit and do what your doing (seeiing as how my back hurts all the time)......U do have some hairy pits tough, lol

shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000)
    you're looking pretty good man, cut up a little more and you'll look great for summer..

thanks Iwannabearnold and shaun. I'm working hard at what I can do... its tough with a screwed up wrist.. I sent the doctor an email with a request to allow me to boost my amount of pushups and requesting permission to do handstands and stuff... to work my shoulders.... I'm just gonna do what I can... but I'm pretty unhappy with my workout regiment right now becuase all of my fave workouts have to be cut for my wrist.

Thumbs up

(pit hair!!! yeah!!!) ROFL

surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    at 16 u look good, but ur genes suck man like ur chest is weird and ur traps and shoulders dont look good.....maybe its just coz ur young
    whateva
    george bush dont surf

Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by surfer
    at 16 u look good, but ur genes suck man like ur chest is weird and ur traps and shoulders dont look good.....maybe its just coz ur young
    whateva
    What's wrong with 'em?
    Fedora (260+) is banned. I am Fedora II. All the other Fedoras are stupid impersonators.

El Muppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Keep up the good work.I understand that you find weightlifting "unnatural" and that you prefer bodyweight exercises.I respect your decision and buidling a body like that without weighs looks like hardwork.Good for you.

I know of a pull-up workout to build strength,of course without weights.It consists of 2 sets.

1st set: You do it by doing 1 pull-up first,then get down and rest for 30 seconds,then do 2 pull-ups get down and rest for 30 seconds,get on the pull-up bar again and do 3 pull-ups get down then rest for 30 seconds.You get what i mean.Do this till you reach the fifth time.On the fifth time,do 5 pull-ups,get down and rest for 1 minute.After resting for a minute comes set 2.

Set 2: Do the same thing as you did in set 1.

Re: BUMP!!!!!

Originally posted by Veteran_Gymnast
    ;`*·.¸
    ; . . `*·.¸
    ,'. . . . .´................... .......................................¸.·*´`.¸.·* ´¨˜°²~·-.¸
    ; . . . ,'..................... ..................,'¯¯`..·´¯`*·.¸.´`*·;¸ . . . . . . . . . .`·.
    ; . . . ;....................,,.·*´;.........;`*·;¸ . . . . . . . . . . .`. . . ,'`*·.¸. . . . . ',
    ; . . . ;/·*´¨˜°²~·-.,......; . . ',........; . . .; . . .,'`·__·´`*·¸. .`·. . ;......', . . . . .;
    ;. . . . . . . . . . . . `·...; . . .;.......', . . .;. . .,...........,'. .. ; .',......,'. . . . . ;
    ', . . . . ,'¨˜°²~·-.¸ . . .`..; . . ',........', . . ;. . ;...........;. . ,' . ;¸,.·´ . . . . ..´
    .; . . . .;..........; . . . ;.; . . . `·.,¸¸,.·´ . . ;. .;...........;. .. , . . . .¸.-·~²°˜¨
    .; . . . . ', ‚:-·~ . . . ,'..; . . . . . . . .¸,.·´. . ;.......;. ..,'. . . . ;
    .; . . . . . . . . . . . . ´....`·. . . . .¸,.·´ ,'__,.·............;¸.·*´;. . . .;
    .;____;`·.,¸¸.-·~²°˜¨'..........¯¯¯¯............................. ....;. . . .;
    .......................................... .................................;. . . .',
    .......................................... .................................;. . . . ',
    .......................................... .................................;¸.-·~²°˜¨
    u have way to much time 2 urself holmes

SOMOS POCOS PERO LOCOS

inflames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I duno if this has been posted cause i havn't read all the posts but i have been trying to do handstands with out the wall and getting better at ballancing, theres an exercise that i do to help me balance and strengthens the whol uper and lower body.

its kinda hard to explain but crouch down put ur hands flat on the floor by ur feet less than a shoulder width apart point ur elbows out and support ur thighs on your elbows hold it for a second ballance lower ur head and lift ur legs up and try and lift them into a handstand its quiet hard to do at first u can feel ur abs and everthing working to lift ur legs up.

Thumbs up

nice job. That's great that you came up with that! That's basically a version of a "straddle up" with bad form... the way you do these is:

sit on your bottom on the ground..... put each leg 45 degrees from center (or a little wider) forming a 90 degree or greater angle... then put your hands flat on the ground a little in front of you and "lean" forward (transfer the weight onto your hands) with STRAIGHT arms....(most people bend them... it is "okay" to bend them a LITTLE)... while you are doing this you should be simultaniously pulling with your back (lower back) and flexing your legs straight (quads) while pointing your toes (calves) and pulling your legs apart (hips)......... when most of your weight is on your hands (and your shoulders are in FRONT of your hands) you should bring your legs above your head while keeping your legs as far apart as possiblethen when your legs are really close to vertical bring your shoulders back over hands and squeeze your legs together.. (SHOULDERS) and if you bent your arms while pressing then straighten them out now.

There ya go!! perfect form! People will be very impressed if you press into a handstand like that, then hold the handstand. people with their legs flailing around and bent knees and one arms bent more than the other... or whatever... just don't look as cool.. Also... part of gymnastics is to make incredibly hard stuff look easy... so try not to grunt or hold your breath and make your face red when you do this... just come down like it is a peice of cake when you are done and you will get oooohs and ahhhhs.. haha.

The easy version of this is to start in a standing straddle, then placing your hands on the ground in front of you and pressing... that way you don't need the splits flexibility.

Handstands will help you gain better balance on your hands (and so will presses)... people will also be impressed if you start in a headstand... then push into a handstand... I used to do that all the time.. its fun. just make sure to keep your back in, and your head tucked between your shoulders and not sticking out terrible (it can be out a little, but spot the ground by looking "up" at the ground)

Finally... just so you know... (because many people don't seem to) it is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT to hold a handstand in place than to walk around.... so work on that... but even if you walk... people ignorant of handstands will just think its even cooler.

Enjoy! Work on those presses cuz they rock!

PS Elias.... I didn't make that... I copied it from a different message board a long time ago.
    Attached Images

example....

the process goes kinda like this.... except you probably won't go from a stick man to super buff at the end like my example guy did.
    Attached Images

Sorry guys I missed some posts... here's the replies.

Surfer: I am interested in why you think that... please post why.. but a little harsh don't ya think? lol... I'll fill out more as I go through puberty anyways.

El Mup: thanks a lot! that is a great one! I'll do that next workout... and maybe instead of only doing 2 sets, I could work up to 5, then 4, then 3, then jump back to 5 or something like that.
    Attached Images

Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000) Jack-MA is just really nice. (+1000)
    A variation of Pushup that I really like..

On your knuckles, palm of hands facing inwards. Your elbows should be tucked entirely in and fists alligned with your chest. Raise and lower yourself slowly and you can feel your shoulders, chest, and triceps really working.

And hey, since you do Taekwondo, try this drill out...

Lift leg knee up (as in first part of a front kick), hold for 10 seconds
    and then extend into a full kick. hold for 30 seconds
    Retract the foot, back to knee up position. Hold for 10 seconds.
    Within putting the foot down, extend into a side kick position and hold this for 30 seconds.
    Retract foot back into knee up position.
    Extend foot behind as a back kick, hold extended for 30 seconds.
    Finally retract, hold for 10, and put foot down. Then do the other leg.

And here's a good core strength workout...

Assume the basic press up/push up position
    Hold this position for 60 seconds
    Lift your right arm off the ground
    Hold this position for 15 seconds
    Return your right arm to the ground and lift the left arm off the ground
    Return your left arm to the ground and lift the right leg off the ground
    Return your right leg to the ground and lift the left leg off the ground
    Lift your left leg and right arm off the ground
    Return you left leg and right arm to the ground
    Lift your right leg and left arm off the ground
    Return to the basic press up position
    Hold this position for 30 seconds

The pushup position is shown in the first picture of this site, and some other exercises are shown on the site.

http://byrn.org/core.htm

MightyMouse101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, I've been a gymnast for nearly 12 years now. I'm 16. What level are you competing?

And just so everyone else knows...
    Those of us that make it to the elite level or anyone who is serious on competing in gymnastics do train with weights. Yeah, we do also train quite a bit with bodyweight exercises and also do conditioning on any apparatus, but we also have a weight training routine tailored towards helping our gymnastics.

Hey fellow gymnast!!! I got to level four an that's when the combination of my appendix being removed, a terribly bruise on my foot (from tramp) and the discovery that my wrist had actually been broken for the last nine months and that my pain was NOT tendanitis.... forced me to "retire"...

Here's the stuff I was doing before I had to retire from it:

Floor:
    my ruitine was something like:
    1st pass: 3 steps, round-off, backhandspring, back layout
    2nd pass: 3 steps, frontflip, frontflip, forward fall into pushup position, do a "half-turn" by going into "table-top" position or whatever... with my arms behind me and body straight, going into straddle sit, press to handstand, forward roll, 1/4 turn to the other corner,
    Side pass: front handspring straight into a front flip (turn to face other corner)
    3rd pass: 3 steps, round off backhandspring, back tuck

P-Bars:
    mount by jumping under bars that are raised high...., kip, swing straight back into a "baby giant" to underarms, swing and push up to support, then swing back and bring legs over the bar to a straddle l-seat, then press to handstand, half pirouhette, swing down then back into handstand, hold 2 seconds, swing into a back tuck off of the bar, STICK!!!! lol

Rings:
    totally forgot this ruitine... I know it involved one cool mounting move where I swung forwards, streched my body out, then snapped back and up, doing a "backwards roll" up into an l-seat. I had a straddle press in this one too, and some inlocates and dislocates, and I was working on a back-half for my dismount. (that's all I can remember...I probably should have been working a double back... but we basically trained ourselves cuz our coach would just set us to do something... come and look for 5 minutes... then go coach the girls for an hour (sigh) I sucked all the info out of him I could while he was around though!!!)

Vault:
    regular ole' front handspring. we never go to working sukes

Pommel Horse:
    mount with 2 forwards loops, then care(sp?) into something (gosh I can't remember!!!) I know I did some circles on it... and some scissors... and a 2 loop dismount....

High Bar:
    I REALLY can't remember this one lol.....um.... all I remember is kip directly into cast handstand, 2 giants (pike on the top of the second to slow down swing) snap half turn then grab back onto the bar, swing straight into a fly away... I really don't remember this one that well either...
    Attached Images

thanks for contributing Jack! I like those workouts!

cool, nice to know another gymnast is on the board...these are my current routines, working on harder skills now...

Floor:
    1: Round off back one and a half twist, punch front full, punch rudi ( front 1 1/2)
    2: then round off whip back(back handspring no hands) full in full out double tuck
    side pass: round off, arabian double front
    then triple russian circle, pike press handstand roll into corner
    3: dismount with roundoff, back handspring, double twisting double layout

P-Bars:
    kip straddle cut, front uprise straddle cut, pike press, diamidov 1 1/2, stutz to outside bar full pirouette, straddle kip to straddle press pirouette, stutz to outside bar, pirouette back in to middle, stutz, double pike dismount

Rings:
    inverted hang cast to whip it to cross, cross pull to maltese, swing maltese, to back uprise, press handstand..strength press down into straight legged planche back down into maltese, shoot to handstand, giant, double twisting double tuck dismount.

Vault:
    Yurchenko double full and tsuk double full (sometimes double tuck)....i used to do handspring double tuck

Pommel horse:
    (flairs) magyar, silvado, Rothlisberger travel, triple russian, step up, 2 flairs on one pommel, scissor, scissor full, flair to back.. dismount handstand full pirouette

High bar:
    back uprise full to mixed grip, front giant to in bar full piroutte to eagle, hop full pirouette back to eagle, endo full pirouette to eagle, layout tkatchev, tkatchev, geinger, kip cast pirouette to double twisting double layout dismount or triple tuck dismount.

If everything you say is true then that's VERY impressive! Nice stuff man! What level are you BTW? I started at age 11... so I was kind of an "old man" lol...
    Keep up the good work and don't kill yaself!

Hey, post your worst day of gymnastics ever story (those are usually pretty funny) or some of your funny mess up stories. I'll post mine after... but I've got to get to Tae Kwon Do pretty soon here...

yeah it is true, lol been training my entire life... Level 1 (elite)
    LOL, well worst day in gymnastics was when I was around 12, I balked in the middle of a double pike on floor and landed right on my back and my own knee came back at my face and broke my nose....**** ive got a million stories, thats just one