Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi I didn't read all in this thread. But I wonder what is the limit of decibel (dB) for person to join marine? Have you ever recruit deaf people before?
    I always rep back (srs)

maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hearnothing View Post
    Hi I didn't read all in this thread. But I wonder what is the limit of decibel (dB) for person to join marine? Have you ever recruit deaf people before?
    They do a hearing test when you take the physical at MEPS. It really has nothing to do with the recruiters side of the job, so I have no clue what the actual acceptable dB ranges would be. Completely deaf, however, would definitely be an auto DQ.

BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you dealt with ROTC programs? I'm looking to become a Navy Medical Corpsman that works with the Marines, but I have no idea how to start. I have my EMT-Basic cert, but it becomes valid when I turn 18 or an adult.
    Women come and go, cars and material objects come and go. Your body & your motivation, dedication and lifestyle stay with you to the very end.
    RIP fvrmuscle
    R.I.P Aziz Sergeyvich "ZYZZ" Shavershian

ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I heard you cant join the Military with Asthma, any way around this?

trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    this might be out of your realm a little OP, but do you have any idea what officer candidate school would be like for the navy? Like what kind of stuff would you do there? how difficult would it be? How intense is it? those kinds of things

maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000) maabou is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BanjoTheBear2 View Post
    Have you dealt with ROTC programs? I'm looking to become a Navy Medical Corpsman that works with the Marines, but I have no idea how to start. I have my EMT-Basic cert, but it becomes valid when I turn 18 or an adult.
    Helped a few kids apply for the ROTC scholarship, but none got it. It is extremely selective. Corpsmen are enlisted, so no college/commission required, don't have to worry about ROTC. I'm pretty sure EMT cert can help you get into the Corpsman program, though. But go see the Navy recruiter for sure.

Originally Posted by ShortMonster View Post
    I heard you cant join the Military with Asthma, any way around this?
    The recruiter/MEPS will only know about asthma issues if you tell them. But please be 100% honest, the health and safety of yourself and others depends on it.

Originally Posted by trwilli24 View Post
    this might be out of your realm a little OP, but do you have any idea what officer candidate school would be like for the navy? Like what kind of stuff would you do there? how difficult would it be? How intense is it? those kinds of things
    No idea specifically, but definitely not easy.

mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by skret View Post
    I don't live in the States right now, but I was born there. I am most likely going to university next year. So here's my question. Would I be able to join while finishing my degree in Canada? I heard about the Platoon leaders class during the summer for people in their first or second year in uni and im wondering it this is only available to people going to school in the states?
    edit* I'm hoping to be a pilot in the future if that helps with answering.
    Hey brah, Officer Candidate here, Aviation contract.
    There was a guy in my company that was from Argentina, but US born/US father. He said they have regional Officer Selection Officers which operate out of the US (his happened to fall in the same district as mine, District 8)
    I just finished the first increment of PLC this past summer, this is the same program the Argentinian guy was in.

Come to think of it, he was a prior enlisted combat vet, but the process he went through to get in was the same you would do as well.

Check out the website and hopefully they can get you in contact with who you need to talk with.

http://officer.marines.com/

Originally Posted by Exaiphnes View Post
    When is the best time to apply to OCS?
    ASAP.

If you are applying for the 10 week PLC-Combined or OCC (direct commissioning program) I would suggest doing it as soon as you possibly can.

Don't expect to get in to either of the 10-week courses without above a 270+ PFT score.

If you are a freshman/sophomore/junior you can apply for the PLC-Jr/Sr program (2 six week increments) you probably will be selected if you apply earlier for this, with anything above a first class score (I contracted with a 245, but I am Aviation, so selection numbers/needs may be slightly different... and I improved greatly before/during/after my time in Quantico)

Originally Posted by trwilli24 View Post
    To be selected for Navy, like Marines you need over a 2.0 (but they won't take anything less than a 2.75, it seems) but the physical demands are slightly easier. However you can contract as a specialty officer in a lot more variations than USMC (we only have Ground, Air, & Law).

In Navy if you are an engineering major, you can get up to $100,000 given to you during school for contracting nuclear subs... there is also the quite tempting BDCP (They give you a pretty fat stipend every month just for contracting, then you go to OCS after graduating)

For Navy OCS, it is run by USMC DI's that will probably be just as hard on you as they were on me. As far as the overall experience, I believe the Navy's OCS program is 12 weeks, but they do not have any undergraduate programs, from what I understand.

Good luck with Navy... but check out the Marine Corps, too. I considered USMC, USN, & USAF, there are pros and cons of all branches.

**Not trying to derail thread, but just trying to help answer these more Officer-specific questions.

Hopes this helps, if anyone else has any other questions about OCS or the Officer Selection process, feel free to PM me or reply to this thread, I will subscribe.
    Last edited by mass922; 12-18-2010 at 10:21 AM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I ain't even mad.

Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000) Hearnothing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by maabou View Post
    They do a hearing test when you take the physical at MEPS. It really has nothing to do with the recruiters side of the job, so I have no clue what the actual acceptable dB ranges would be. Completely deaf, however, would definitely be an auto DQ.
    What about if I have cochlear implants or wearing hearing aids? I am sure there are some positions that deaf people can work in army such as in office or something like that instead of being out there on the battlefield.
    I always rep back (srs)

JayAp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayAp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayAp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayAp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayAp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayAp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayAp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayAp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayAp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayAp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayAp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm guessing having a herniated disk in my back rules me out?

ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The recruiter/MEPS will only know about asthma issues if you tell them. But please be 100% honest, the health and safety of yourself and others depends on it.
    Would it be possible for me to still join with asthma...?

What about if I have cochlear implants or wearing hearing aids? I am sure there are some positions that deaf people can work in army such as in office or something like that instead of being out there on the battlefield.
    Like I said you would have to the hearing test at MEPS. I'm sure if you have partial hearing their is a possibility but I can't tell you for sure. Go see a recruiter if you're srs, they will get you to the physical.

Originally Posted by JayAp07 View Post
    I'm guessing having a herniated disk in my back rules me out?
    Yes, I was actually medically retired for this (2 discs though, and pretty severe).

Originally Posted by ShortMonster View Post
    Would it be possible for me to still join with asthma...?
    If it is documented, it has to have been prior to age 12? (maybe 10) and no symptoms since then.

Originally Posted by mass922 View Post
    Hey brah, Officer Candidate here, Aviation contract.

**Not trying to derail thread, but just trying to help answer these more Officer-specific questions.

Hopes this helps, if anyone else has any other questions about OCS or the Officer Selection process, feel free to PM me or reply to this thread, I will subscribe.
    Thanks brother!

What's MEPS?
    I always rep back (srs)

sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    how does it feel when the young men you recruited come to visit you after boot camp as Marines?
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Mets

RIP Zyzz- "forever mirin"

cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you know anything about the flight program? I wanted to fly for the marines initially but i am now set for USAF... how would you compare the two ?

I always see that they are looking for "Leaders" how important do you think things like volunteer service effect all that? Cause im going into the ROTC and plan to do a bunch of volunteer service.
    zombie survival Charlie squad
    Rip Hector_Blunts-Candyjunkie
    Short lived long remembered!
    "Because society has pushed them into corners, forcing them to believe they are losers When in fact everyone has so much potential to achieve such magic and wonder, but as I alluded it to they are continually told they cant do it/they'll fail, so they start believing it The truth is: there's no such thing as a "loser" its just a label to make people feel bad"
    Nvious

MDC71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDC71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDC71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDC71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDC71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDC71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDC71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDC71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDC71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDC71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDC71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Im being tested for ADD later this month and based on the symptoms Ive read about and what Ive been acting like for the past couple months theres a high probability i have it. Would this rule somebody out?
    Georgia Crew
    Misc Rugby Crew

Check out Keller Williams, very under appreciated musician

i rep back

Originally Posted by sabonis224 View Post
    how does it feel when the young men you recruited come to visit you after boot camp as Marines?
    Seeing the maturity and discipline they have gained for themselves, which I enabled, was extremely rewarding.

What's MEPS?
    Military Entrance Processing Station

Originally Posted by cphustla View Post
    Do you know anything about the flight program? I wanted to fly for the marines initially but i am now set for USAF... how would you compare the two ?

I always see that they are looking for "Leaders" how important do you think things like volunteer service effect all that? Cause im going into the ROTC and plan to do a bunch of volunteer service.
    Couldn't tell you many specific differences because I had nothing to do with officer recruitment and before recruiting I was never with/near the airwing.

You will need TONS of volunteer work, etc. in order to be competitive for the ROTC scholarship. But if you are already attending a school that has an ROTC program and you just want to join it, the volunteer work would not be as important (but still important).

Originally Posted by MDC71 View Post
    Im being tested for ADD later this month and based on the symptoms Ive read about and what Ive been acting like for the past couple months theres a high probability i have it. Would this rule somebody out?
    If you are on meds, yes. Otherwise, I don't see why one would even mention it.

mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass922 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I was in same boat as you were, thought USAF was the main way to get to fly. Joined AFROTC... WRONG!

Some ridiculously small amount of USAF Officers are actually pilots, I believe the number they told me was 4%.

ROTC, you will not know what your MOS will be until your Junior year of college... if all you want to do is fly, that will be three years of your life wasted, and your dreams crushed, if you don't get a rated slot.
    I had several friends that stayed in ROTC that didn't get a flight-rated slot/MOS and it literally ruined all their plans.

In the Marine Corps (and Navy, too... I believe) you can contract as an Aviation-specific candidate... guaranteeing your spot in flight school upon completion of OCS/The Basic School.
    Also, in the PLC program you will only go to OCS during the summer (2 six-week or 1 ten-week programs) and during the semesters you don't have to wear your uniform to class twice a week, and do all the things that may interfere with your college experience... just keep your fitness up and stay out of trouble.

Just food for thought.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I ain't even mad.

Scrappy34 is just really nice. (+1000) Scrappy34 is just really nice. (+1000) Scrappy34 is just really nice. (+1000) Scrappy34 is just really nice. (+1000) Scrappy34 is just really nice. (+1000) Scrappy34 is just really nice. (+1000) Scrappy34 is just really nice. (+1000) Scrappy34 is just really nice. (+1000) Scrappy34 is just really nice. (+1000) Scrappy34 is just really nice. (+1000) Scrappy34 is just really nice. (+1000)
    1) What do you know/think about the Intelligence MOS's?

2) What Intelligence MOS is best for Govt work after 3-4 years in the Marines?

3) Out of the Army, Marines, AF, and Navy what has the best Intelligence program?

thanks dude

Skinkboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skinkboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skinkboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skinkboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skinkboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skinkboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skinkboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skinkboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skinkboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skinkboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skinkboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Desi_guy View Post
    what do you do in medical exam? do you check the body thoroughly? like feel the testicles or something? i have undecendent testicular problem. you think i can join the army?
    actually just tell me what you do in medical exam
    don't know if you found the answer yet, but yes you will be rejected for an undescended testicle. that's the reason bruce lee wasn't in the army.

cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Couldn't tell you many specific differences because I had nothing to do with officer recruitment and before recruiting I was never with/near the airwing.

You will need TONS of volunteer work, etc. in order to be competitive for the ROTC scholarship. But if you are already attending a school that has an ROTC program and you just want to join it, the volunteer work would not be as important (but still important).

Originally Posted by mass922 View Post
    I was in same boat as you were, thought USAF was the main way to get to fly. Joined AFROTC... WRONG!

Some ridiculously small amount of USAF Officers are actually pilots, I believe the number they told me was 4%.

ROTC, you will not know what your MOS will be until your Junior year of college... if all you want to do is fly, that will be three years of your life wasted, and your dreams crushed, if you don't get a rated slot.
    I had several friends that stayed in ROTC that didn't get a flight-rated slot/MOS and it literally ruined all their plans.

In the Marine Corps (and Navy, too... I believe) you can contract as an Aviation-specific candidate.
    Also, in the PLC program you will only go to OCS during the summer (2 six-week or 1 ten-week programs) and during the semesters you don't have to wear your uniform to class twice a week, and do all the things that may interfere with your college experience... just keep your fitness up and stay out of trouble.

Just food for thought.

My school offers ROTC so thats not an issue, but what i meant is volunteer for when i go in as officer and really push for a certain position volunteer service would benefit me or no?

I am aware that very few people actually get to fly. I am getting a engineering degree so that i can fall back onto a tech job if flying does not work out... I want to work in the AF space program. Are you saying i should enter the marines for a better chance of flying cause thats what i really want to do.... the thing is im not sure if i will get DQ for some BS health reason... my eye sight is near perfect but not 20/20.
    zombie survival Charlie squad
    Rip Hector_Blunts-Candyjunkie
    Short lived long remembered!
    "Because society has pushed them into corners, forcing them to believe they are losers When in fact everyone has so much potential to achieve such magic and wonder, but as I alluded it to they are continually told they cant do it/they'll fail, so they start believing it The truth is: there's no such thing as a "loser" its just a label to make people feel bad"
    Nvious

Internexus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Internexus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Internexus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Internexus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Internexus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Internexus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Internexus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Internexus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Internexus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Internexus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Internexus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For those that are prior service with other branches what are the max age requirements for coming on board and do you have to go through bootcamp? Is rank transferred straight across ie e-5 --> e-5 or are you dropped a rank etc?
    Military Crew
    Misc Firearms Crew

Likestolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Likestolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Likestolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Likestolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Likestolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Likestolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Likestolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Likestolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Likestolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Likestolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Likestolift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If I run a cycle of "cell tech" 4 months before I enlist will I have any problems?

BAM21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BAM21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BAM21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BAM21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BAM21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BAM21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BAM21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BAM21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BAM21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BAM21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BAM21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, I was thinking about enlisting upon graduating high school if I don't get into an Academy; I recently spoke to an Army recruiter who told me I could take the route of EOD upon enlisting and that I could apply for a Green to Gold scholarship and still get an Associates degree from a university. I was wondering how difficult getting through EOD school is, I have an interest in EOD and have done very well in Physics Chem and Trig, so basically my questions are

Is it easy to get a Green to Gold scholarship if I enlisted?
    If I get the Green to Gold scholarship would it be smart to wait until after I attend college to apply for EOD or just to do it upon enlisting?
    Also how difficult is EOD training and would it be a better option to attend an Academy and earn a degree in engineering then apply for EOD or to enlist and go for EOD?

I also understand that the Marine Corps EOD is different from Army EOD in that in the Marines you have to serve 2 years or something like that before you can apply for EOD but I'm primarily interested in Army EOD

and thanks for your help in advance
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

"I do it because i can, I can because i want to, I want to because you said i couldn't"

"Do today what others will not, so that you may do tomorrow what others can not."

Originally Posted by Scrappy34 View Post

3) Out of the Army, Marines, AF, and Navy what has the best Intelligence program?

thanks dude
    Don't know much. I debated changing to counter intel when I reenlisted but didn't want to take the chance of getting into something I didn't like when I already enjoyed what I was doing.

Any job that gets you a top secret clearance should be good to get a decent govt gig.

None are better than others. All work together, and each has their own specific tasks/missions.

My school offers ROTC so thats not an issue, but what i meant is volunteer for when i go in as officer and really push for a certain position volunteer service would benefit me or no?
    In that case, no. Regarding job selection, Marine Corps does not care about volunteer service. Only physical/mental qualifications and current manpower needs.

Originally Posted by Internexus View Post
    For those that are prior service with other branches what are the max age requirements for coming on board and do you have to go through bootcamp? Is rank transferred straight across ie e-5 --> e-5 or are you dropped a rank etc?
    Age limits are offset by years of prior service, with a waiver. Marine Corps is the strictest about prior service enlistments. You will only come in as an E-2, but all other promotions will be accelerated depending on TIS (time in service).
    Last edited by maabou; 12-18-2010 at 11:10 AM.

RodMan661 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodMan661 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodMan661 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodMan661 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodMan661 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodMan661 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodMan661 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodMan661 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodMan661 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodMan661 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodMan661 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a medical condition called, "MicroPenis" would they let me enlist?

Originally Posted by Likestolift View Post
    If I run a cycle of "cell tech" 4 months before I enlist will I have any problems?
    Should be fine, but no proper PCT would be available in boot camp.

Originally Posted by BAM21 View Post
    Hey, I was thinking about enlisting upon graduating high school if I don't get into an Academy; I recently spoke to an Army recruiter who told me I could take the route of EOD upon enlisting and that I could apply for a Green to Gold scholarship and still get an Associates degree from a university. I was wondering how difficult getting through EOD school is, I have an interest in EOD and have done very well in Physics Chem and Trig, so basically my questions are

Is it easy to get a Green to Gold scholarship if I enlisted?
    If I get the Green to Gold scholarship would it be smart to wait until after I attend college to apply for EOD or just to do it upon enlisting?
    Also how difficult is EOD training and would it be a better option to attend an Academy and earn a degree in engineering then apply for EOD or to enlist and go for EOD?

I also understand that the Marine Corps EOD is different from Army EOD in that in the Marines you have to serve 2 years or something like that before you can apply for EOD but I'm primarily interested in Army EOD

and thanks for your help in advance
    Green to Gold? Army terms meaning enlisted to commissioned I guess? It is not impossible, but definitely pretty selective. Its called MECEP in the Marine Corps.

You cannot join with an EOD contract. EOD school is a joint services school (run by the Airforce I think) which means everybody goes to the same school. Also, it is said the be hands-down the hardest (mentally and physically) school in the military, and it's extremely long compared to most other schools.

Originally Posted by RodMan661 View Post
    I have a medical condition called, "MicroPenis" would they let me enlist?
    Yes, but you would be placed in 4th Battalion when attending boot camp.

Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by happyhat View Post
    What is embassy duty? Are you one of those guards at the entrance to embassies? Seems like a pretty badass job
    Until you find out you are just a highly trained doorman. Seriously though, its a pretty good gig.

Originally Posted by Scrappy34 View Post

thanks dude
    2) Anything in the 02XX or 26XX field can set you up if you end up in the right spot (working with NSA or something of that sort). It's far from a guaranteed civilian job after 5 years (5 will be required due to clearance, training reqs).

3) Probably the Air Force in terms of attractiveness to Government agencies.
    "Why in the Hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can; they are all the same kind of men, why can't they be like Marines?"
    In a letter to HQMC, dated 12 Feb. 1918, concerning a inspection of Marines by Gen John J. Black Jack Pershing, CinC, AEF

Khronos' Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110704291

Project_BelAir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Project_BelAir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Project_BelAir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Project_BelAir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Project_BelAir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Project_BelAir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Project_BelAir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Project_BelAir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Project_BelAir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Project_BelAir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Project_BelAir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BanjoTheBear2 View Post
    Under the Geneva Convention, medics aren't allowed to carry weapons. Pararescue is allowed to, do Corpsman go under that loophole also?
    Instagram: @Maslag

Ivy League Crew