Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BRB - Gettin' shredded FemmeFatale28's Avatar
    FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dailyburn lets you use all you need for free. cals, protein, carbs, fat. You can log portions of servings, your computer has a calculator, its not that hard. Idk. I love it. But whatever works best for you

Keep the momentum. We had a potluck yesterday at work. I definitely smashed the dessert corner. Then again, Im not cutting. Good for you

GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yesterday's breakfast was normal oatmeal, but instead of whey I had eggs.

3 Large eggs and 2 whites.

Lunch was leftovers. Stuffed peppers over brown rice. I took pics, but can't find my phone right now so will update later.

Skipped both snacks because I planned to have a heavy afternoon. Don't know how it "actually" turned out, but hope that skipping snacks made it not-awful.

Dinner was 4 small slices of pizza and 4 beers. Pizza was from cici's; their website says 1 slice is 160 cals, so 640 isn't terrible. 2 beers were Sam Adams Chocolate Stout (recommend). One was a Fezziwig Ale (don't refuse), and one was a Legends Lager (save for end of the night).

Probably a wash or a little cal heavy for the day.

GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymZombie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So the issues I mentioned earlier are becoming regular and problematic. I can't pre-measure everything and cook in individual servings.

For example, 12-20 I had the normal breakfast and almond snack, then for lunch I had 1.5 cups of the wife's chili and some baby carrots:

I measured it, and have been working off the "stay hungry" plan, so feel like I was under calories... But I can't record that in Livestrong or fitday with any sort of hard number.

Likewise, for dinner we went to the local mexican joint. Can't really tell portions or ingredients from the menu, so most stuff is a guess. I know that the beans and rice have a lot of fat, so I excluded those. The Enchilada Verde was on special so I got that.

Smaller plate than most of the "platter" meals, and no beans/rice so I figured that was good. However, it was a ton of guacamole and a good amount of cheese.

After dinner I was quite full, so I expect that ended up being more than I needed, and regretted it.

On the plus side, I only had a handful of chips. I counted about a dozen. Considering that I normally eat half the basket and send them back for more, I thought that was pretty good.

End result... No clue how many calories for the day. Even a guess would probably be off by a margin of 50% or more.

Earlier this week I re-evaluated breakfast and made a minor change. The Skim milk wasn't buying me much protien for the calories, so I'm making my shake with water now, and filling in the difference with a half serving of peanut butter. More fat, about the same fillingness.

Lunch was chicken breast and sweet potato.

For dinner I have an issue... The chicken serving is 8oz, so I went for 8 oz of turkey at dinner. Turned out to be a CRAZY amount of meat. Like triple I could eat. I had the wife re-measure the food with me watching to make sure she wasn't doing something loopy... Sure enough, 8oz of turkey breast fills a plate.

So I checked a few different sites and got WILDLY different measurements of calories for something as simple as turkey breast. Anywhere from 200 to 800 calories for the same food.

So I had her put most of it back, and just went with the Livestrong numbers.

Dinner was about 3 oz of turkey breast, and a bowl of mixed veggies. I got hungry later so had a half a turkey sandwich.

Edit: Actually looks like I doubled the amount of turkey in here, and it still shows me under calories for the day. No idea what that means to the quality of my nutritional intake. Am I doing right or not?

On a similar note, I'm down 5 pounds this week. That doesn't seem right. WTF?

In it for the Long Haul! bbavender's Avatar
    bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you dropped 5 lbs you are vastly undereating and hurting yourself. That loss is coming predominantly from muscle. It is pretty easy to get rough estimates of foods while your out. Try portioning out what an oz. of cheese looks like, or an oz. of guacamole. Turkey is roughly the same portion size of chicken. It is just as lean and carries similar amounts of protein. Just be wary of how its prepared as most pre cooked turkey is smothered in butter, and artificial ingredients.
    ED got me, ill be darned if it gets anyone else.

Only the strong survive...

25-RAC-99

Follow my RFL Journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141048001

Well, I dropped a total of 6 pounds that week, and gained it all back yesterday, so it's obviously water weight... I think.

Besides, the notion that I'm "vastly undereating" doesn't really compute, because I'm eating 500 calories less than I was 2 weeks ago, but I had been the same weight for like 3 months before that.

Again, I'm just trying to figure all this out, because I was obviously doing something wrong before, and need to be careful because I can't really workout.

Yesterday was harder to stay straight because I was away from the house and at a funeral. Lunch was wacky and all that was available was "comfort" food.

Breakfast was the usual. 1/2c Oatmeal with 1/2 cup milk, 1Tbsp peanut butter, 1 scoop whey, 3 fish oil, EC.

"Lunch" was a turkey sandwich. Just some deli meat turkey on 2 slices of wheat and a slice of american cheese.

After the funeral I had 2 chicken wings, some corn pudding, and some spiral ham on biscuits. 2 cookies and a brownie. Considering the piles of crap food sitting around buffet-style, I think I did remarkably well and restrained myself.

2 scoop shake on the way home.

At about 9:30 the wife and I realized that we hadn't had "dinner" and a taco bell commercial came on, so I was sent out for that. I had a Chalupa, a crunchy burrito, a chicken soft taco, and a volcano taco. Also had a large Diet Dew with Captain Morgan.

I splurged on dinner, and knew I shouldn't have. The scale showed it this morning. But it's now the 24th, and tomorrow's the 25th. I expect to be hand-fed cookies and alcohol, so the next 2 days will be shot. I'll do my best to be "reasonable" and not eat 100 cookies, but will probably have 10 and indulge a little.

I'll be good next week, and will screw up new years for the big party... And then be straight for a while.

inb4 resolutioner

So I did about how I expected... I splurged a little, but had some restraint. Breakfast was mostly the normal, though we had cinnamon buns for Christmas breakfast instead of oatmeal. Had a few cookies throught the day along with snack foods. At the end of the day I sat down with a bowl of chocolate dipped peanut butter balls that were heavenly and just went to town. It only ended up being like 10 of them which is pretty bad, but MUCH better than I would have done 2 years ago.

So, like planned, I went back to normal yesterday. Oatmeal for breakfast, almond snack... It was a chili day, so again can't "count" actual calories, but our chili is pretty much vegetable stew with a little beef in it. Had that for lunch and dinner. Dinner I had a few tortilla chips thrown in as well.

Skipped a few shakes over the past few days, just to schedule/routine inconsistencies, snow, not working, etc.

Today has been oatmeal, almonds. Lunch will be turkey, brown rice, and green beans. Shake this afternoon.

My back is a little more sore today than is has been (snow shoveling?) but planning to go to the gym. Will be looking for exercises that are OK to do with lower back issues...

smells like Hoppe's #9 cavymeister's Avatar
    cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I find most of my chili is ~500-600 per 2 cups (depending on the beans)
    Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you. -AW
    Somebody kill the f'ing whales.
    You can have the sunshine, I will take the moonshine