New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Excersises to strengthen the muscles of the rotator cuff?

Hello everyone,

So I've got an onset of Rotator cuff tendinitis particularly in my right shoulder where there is pain when raising my arm above my head. I did have some shoulder pain due to benching and once i moved over to dumbell bench that went away. But when I woke today I had the pain back in my shoulder (after sleeping on the shoulder).

So to make sure I avoid this in the future im looking for exercises I can do to strengthen the muscles of my rotator cuff.

Anybody with suggestions?

Thanks

bghesson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bghesson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bghesson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bghesson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bghesson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bghesson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bghesson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bghesson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bghesson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bghesson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bghesson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by New2Building View Post
    Hello everyone,

So I've got an onset of Rotator cuff tendinitis particularly in my right shoulder where there is pain when raising my arm above my head. I did have some shoulder pain due to benching and once i moved over to dumbell bench that went away. But when I woke today I had the pain back in my shoulder (after sleeping on the shoulder).

So to make sure I avoid this in the future im looking for exercises I can do to strengthen the muscles of my rotator cuff.

Anybody with suggestions?

Thanks
    I'm no physical therapist, so don't listen to me, but I have an impingement in my right shoulder, and often have to exercuse it to get rid of the small pains.

Look around on this site: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ShouldWt.html

I use the exercise listed in the supraspinatus section.

For the most part, it's important to realize that working these tiny little muscles require using tiny little weights, or even bands. Don't man up and tryto grab hefty weights, because the larger muscles in your shoulder will take over. Stretch a lot also.

Google around a little bit. I found plenty of info on my shoulder everywhere online.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Tom_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    search on youtube for ''shoulder horn'' vid's or ''Poor Man Shoulder Horn''

cant post direct links sorry.

DocJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A friend who is in physiotherapy sent me this the other day.

https:// ckm.osu.edu/sitetool/sites/sportsmedicinepublic/documents/Rehabilitation_Protocols_2010/Throwers_Ten_Exercises_2010.pdf

(remove the space between // and ckm)

Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

RC Exercises

Originally Posted by DocJay View Post
    A friend who is in physiotherapy sent me this the other day.

https:// ckm.osu.edu/sitetool/sites/sportsmedicinepublic/documents/Rehabilitation_Protocols_2010/Throwers_Ten_Exercises_2010.pdf

(remove the space between // and ckm)
    depending on the severity of this "tendinitus" and what muscle it is in the RC. (supraspinatus,infraspinatus, teres minor, subscapularis). The results I have seen have been using thera-bands for RC injury. Basic exercises include:

Shrugs- standing on band and simply doing a shrug
    Anterior Raise- Standing on theraband and doing a front raise- straight arm.
    Lateral Raise- side raise standing on band
    Ext. Rotation- Tie band to door knob and stand with unaffected side to door put towel between elbow and torso and externally rotate humerus.
    Empty Can Raise- inbetween front and side raise (same movement) hold hand with thumb to groung like emptying a can
    Over Exagerated Press- But band behind shoulder blades and push out like bench press and end of Range of motion try and spread shoulder blades as far apart (protraction)

These exercises can be modified with different color thera-bands(resistance) also the certain exercises will hinder progress by straining injured RC muscles.

The RC is a stabilizer so heavy weight is not needed for rehab
    Last edited by Jdancho; 12-14-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Typo

bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I Y T W L ..look them up,,works like wonders