dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

DiMasso's first cut ever!

My name's Joe DiMasso, and i plan to start to cut down for the first time in my life. I started weight lifting about 3 years ago, towards the end of my freshmen year when i was 15. I am now a seinor (17yrs old) and plan to start this cut for real. When i first started, i came off an eating disorder and was 100lbs, I told myself i would never go back to that road, and would never let myself get that unhealthy again. I beat the ED and went from 100lbs to 145lbs in a yr. I then tried to maintain for a bit and ended up at 140lbs about 12% bodyfat. I then bulked up even more until present day where i am weighing in at 175lbs about 15% bodyfat.

My main goal of this cut is to gain strength and cut down to about 10% bodyfat. I hope to reach this goal and be in top cardio shape as well by March 1st.

For this cut I plan to eat about 2500cals a day, supplement with white flood as a preworkout and ON whey to reach my protein goal of 120-220g a day.

Training style is
    Chest/tris/shoulders Light
    Back/Bis/cardio Light
    Legs/Calves/Abs Light
    rest
    Chest/tris/shoulders heavy
    Back/Bis/cardio heavy
    Legs/Calves/Abs heavy
    rest
    Chest/tris/shoulders medium
    Back/Bis/cardio medium
    Legs/Calves/Abs medium
    Rest
    Repeat

*heavy-2-6 reps
    *Medium-8-12reps
    *Light-15-25reps
    All 4sets 3 exercises per muscle group and aiming to workout 6x a week with this rotation.

Any tips overall?
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Care to post your diet and/or macros out for it?

This is the nutrition section after all
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Care to post your diet and/or macros out for it?

This is the nutrition section after all
    Yeapp I don't have a set diet since well i don't like to eat the same things daily, i find variety is key
    I aim for about 2500cals a day and so far i have lost a lb, tho today i went out to eat with my girlfriend soo yeah lol ate a bit more than i thought. I also like to make sure i get at least 130g protein a day and a minimum of 50g of fat. Other than that, it depends on the day.

Foods ill normally eat:
    ON whey
    85% lean ground beef
    Lunch meat
    WW bread
    Pasta
    Pure protein bars
    Apples, oranges, bananas etc.
    Lettace, spinach, broccoli etc.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You want to be getting 1-1.5g/lb of protein and 0.4-0.5g/lb of fats (both LBM) minimum in your calories so you know
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sup betch, remember me?

accept my friend request so it stops saying I'm stalking you haha.

oh and in.

"Mind is everything"

Misc Golf Crew

"I lift sometimes" Training Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135413181

JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your routine is going to be HUGE overkill for being in a calorie deficit. I wouldn't even think about training each bodypart twice a week unless I was bulking and eating 5000+ calories a day.

Definitely get some more rest days in there. Let me know if you're not sure where to start.

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    You want to be getting 1-1.5g/lb of protein and 0.4-0.5g/lb of fats (both LBM) minimum in your calories so you know
    i've found sucess on a bulk with less than 1g/lb of protein would this be different on a cut?

Originally Posted by PJMunh View Post
    sup betch, remember me?

accept my friend request so it stops saying I'm stalking you haha.

oh and in.
    haha yeahh man, how r ya? How has ur lifting/goals been going?

Originally Posted by JohnBrowne View Post
    Your routine is going to be HUGE overkill for being in a calorie deficit. I wouldn't even think about training each bodypart twice a week unless I was bulking and eating 5000+ calories a day.

Definitely get some more rest days in there. Let me know if you're not sure where to start.
    the cutting is tough with the holiday coming around and me being italian lol..lots of food, but u think it's a big overkill? it's about 6 exercises (18-24sets) per muscle group per week.

PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dimasso69 View Post
    haha yeahh man, how r ya? How has ur lifting/running been going, ur big on running if i remember correctly?
    mehh, not TOO big into it, been taking it easy lately tho to give my knees a break. Been real solid otherwise tho, how bout you?

Oh and if the cut doesn't work out too well/you hit a plateau, keep in mind the season's coming up (you're still in HS right?). Makes dicing up real easy.

"Mind is everything"

Misc Golf Crew

mehh, not TOO big into it, been taking it easy lately tho to give my knees a break. Been real solid otherwise tho, how bout you?

Oh and if the cut doesn't work out too well/you hit a plateau, keep in mind the season's coming up (you're still in HS right?). Makes dicing up real easy.
    Yeap im in HS im a seinor atm..but ah what's wrong with the knees? Hopefully nothing serious?
    I've had surgery on mine which is why i needa cut lol i got some fat on me now from not being able to do anything for a while lol..but i've bounced back pretty well been going at it hard for the past few months, got my lifts up a lot. Just leg pressed 1060lbs the other day i made myself proud.

Also side note any foods/drinks/anything that helped with hunger pains...i just get very hungry sometimes..im used to eating alot of food being an athlete/bulking..should i lower calories more gradually would that do the trick?

Yeap im in HS im a seinor atm..but ah what's wrong with the knees? Hopefully nothing serious?
    I've had surgery on mine which is why i needa cut lol i got some fat on me now from not being able to do anything for a while lol..but i've bounced back pretty well been going at it hard for the past few months, got my lifts up a lot. Just leg pressed 1060lbs the other day i made myself proud.

Also side note any foods/drinks/anything that helped with hunger pains...i just get very hungry sometimes..im used to eating alot of food being an athlete/bulking..should i lower calories more gradually would that do the trick?
    Just getting worn down from (1) being a hockey goalie my whole life (2) fall semester practice is pretty much strictly conditioning (3) ran a little too much over the summer.

As far as intake:
    1. Gradually dropping cals would be your best bet.
    2. Get PLENTY of water. Aside from the normal benefits, it'll make you feel more full.
    3. Gum helped for a while
    4. ASSUMING you get plenty of fats elsewhere, egg whites were a huge benefit. Extremely low cal, high protein, and tons of options for how you want to eat them.
    5. Like I kinda mentioned above, make sure you get plenty of fats. Aside from being really satiating, they're essential for hormone regulation especially when dieting. Don't make the same mistake I did, which you probably saw in my log a little while ago.

Cutting is 90% mental. If you can get yourself in the mindset that food is energy, it becomes extremely easy. Just make sure to keep balance. Eating disorders stem from worrying too much about your diet, another mistake that I made and a road I'd never want to see anyone go down.

"Mind is everything"

Misc Golf Crew

i've found sucess on a bulk with less than 1g/lb of protein would this be different on a cut?
    When cutting I'd increase the protein a bit higher and ensure you hit all minimum requirements and keep carbs in to spare muscle

When bulking dropping down less than 1g/lb is great

Just getting worn down from (1) being a hockey goalie my whole life (2) fall semester practice is pretty much strictly conditioning (3) ran a little too much over the summer.

As far as intake:
    1. Gradually dropping cals would be your best bet.
    2. Get PLENTY of water. Aside from the normal benefits, it'll make you feel more full.
    3. Gum helped for a while
    4. ASSUMING you get plenty of fats elsewhere, egg whites were a huge benefit. Extremely low cal, high protein, and tons of options for how you want to eat them.
    5. Like I kinda mentioned above, make sure you get plenty of fats. Aside from being really satiating, they're essential for hormone regulation especially when dieting. Don't make the same mistake I did, which you probably saw in my log a little while ago.

Cutting is 90% mental. If you can get yourself in the mindset that food is energy, it becomes extremely easy. Just make sure to keep balance. Eating disorders stem from worrying too much about your diet, another mistake that I made and a road I'd never want to see anyone go down.
    thanks alot!

But aye..I myself have been down that road it's why i started at 100lbs..tough fight but got through it, i wanna cut right basically..but for the next few days i will be down in New Jersey visiting some family