Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy Whey Protein Question...

Hey everyone!

Yesterday I went to GNC to buy "Muscle Tech (Six Star)" Whey Protein Elite, but the kid working there said that Muscle Tech (Six Star) is now OUT of the Whey Protein business. I ended up buying the "GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein"... I HATE IT. I really miss the other stuff from Six Star. Does anyone know if it is true that they (Six Star) are out of the WHEY business?

Also, the kid there said that because I was not taking ISOLATE that it does not matter that I am taking it after my workouts. He says that only ISOLATE matters when taken POST-workout. But I read that any WHEY containing BCAA's helps your recovery process when taken post-workout (within 30-60 minutes).

Now I am not sure what to believe. What do you think?

Anthony

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i like isolate because... well i'm taking it for PROTEIN and that's all it's got in it, right? It's a little more expensive but then again I'm only getting what I want and no filler.

That's my preference but in real terms I suspect it makes VERY little difference if you have a concentrate instead of an isolate.

1Fastformula will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Fastformula will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Fastformula will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Fastformula will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Fastformula will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Fastformula will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Fastformula will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Fastformula will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Fastformula will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Fastformula will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Fastformula will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First, walk out of GNC.

Six star is not out of the protein business. They just launched a huge effort with Walmart.

As for post workout protein, sure isolate is technically faster to deliver, but a normal whey or blend is fine for the average guy working out.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by afsanchez001 View Post
    A couple of things:

1) Step away from GNC. They're overpriced. If you feel the need to buy supps, buy them here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/index.html

2)Don't take nutrition advice from 'kids.' Especially those who clerk at GNC. But after taking the advice in #1, #2 will take care of itself.

3) There's nothing magical about whey protein; it's just protein. Speed of digestion is only important to a marathon runner, or Lance Armstrong. Other than the convenience it affords, you'd do better to eat a small (within your macros) regular meal.

4) Meal timing is irrelevant. Eat when it's convenient, and eat within your macro totals for the day. If you ate a meal sometime within a couple of hours before training, there's no need to slam a meal/shake/whatever immediately after training. Amino acids from a meal remain in the bloodstream, and available to repair muscle, for up to 5-6 hours after a meal.

If you want the real deal about bodybuilding nutrition, minus all the supplement BS and all the broscience and myths, start here:

http://www.alanaragon.com/
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    A couple of things:

1) Step away from GNC. They're overpriced. If you feel the need to buy supps, buy them here:

2)Don't take nutrition advice from 'kids.' Especially those who clerk at GNC. But after taking the advice in #1, #2 will take care of itself.

3) There's nothing magical about whey protein; it's just protein. Speed of digestion is only important to a marathon runner, or Lance Armstrong. Other than the convenience it affords, you'd do better to eat a small (within your macros) regular meal.

4) Meal timing is irrelevant. Eat when it's convenient, and eat within your macro totals for the day. If you ate a meal sometime within a couple of hours before training, there's no need to slam a meal/shake/whatever immediately after training. Amino acids from a meal remain in the bloodstream, and available to repair muscle, for up to 5-6 hours after a meal.

If you want the real deal about bodybuilding nutrition, minus all the supplement BS and all the broscience and myths, start here:

good post IW
    I agree, Alan Aragon is the gold standard in nutrition and supplement information IMO
    he will also encourage you to check everything he says with an open mind.

brucefannj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got similar stuff at GNC - but it's the Whey Exteme 60. I use it post workout, which is good for me because I workout very early in the morning. The question I have is, should I/can I use if for a pre-work out supplement? Getting up at 5 am sometimes has me walking into the gym groggy, so something outside of coffee to get me going. I've looked at pre-workout supplements, but a lot of them have the same stuff in my whey extreme mix (it's got 3200 mgs of arginine) and I'm not sure if taking too much of any of the aminos could be problematic. Any suggestions?

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey everyone!

Yesterday I went to GNC to buy "Muscle Tech (Six Star)" Whey Protein Elite, but the kid working there said that Muscle Tech (Six Star) is now OUT of the Whey Protein business. I ended up buying the "GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein"... I HATE IT. I really miss the other stuff from Six Star. Does anyone know if it is true that they (Six Star) are out of the WHEY business?

Also, the kid there said that because I was not taking ISOLATE that it does not matter that I am taking it after my workouts. He says that only ISOLATE matters when taken POST-workout. But I read that any WHEY containing BCAA's helps your recovery process when taken post-workout (within 30-60 minutes).

Anthony
    Any whey protein will work. All whey proteins contain BCAA.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just buy the cheapo EAS whey at Sam's Club. $23 for 5 lbs. I don't use enough of it to make all those big words you guys use matter.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you not getting enough protein from food?

BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    NEVER go in the GNC again. They are WAY overpriced. Use Google and search for deals. GNC is over double the online sites prices. I just watch for online deals. Post workout I try and get in 40 grams of whey and a banana...eat a meal within a couple of hours. The last time I bought whey ...there was a deal on this site. I stocked up in the Dymatize Elite whey...$23 for 5lbs. Just watch for the deals. Don't get stuck on one brand.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by *****formula View Post
    First, walk out of GNC.

Six star is not out of the protein business. They just launched a huge effort with Walmart.

As for post workout protein, sure isolate is technically faster to deliver, but a normal whey or blend is fine for the average guy working out.
    A couple of things:

Both of the above posts are spot on, GNC is in my opinion one huge rip off with extremely uninformed folks working there.

And as mentioned Six Star is sold at every Walmart.

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Also, check this-

www.wheycheap.com

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey everyone!

Anthony
    Anthony,

I've read several of your threads and I have to say that you are spending to much time worring about supps.

As a newb I know its hard to wrap your head around not needing supps at all and thats the simple truth.

As a matter of fact......supps including whey powder "may" just be a "not so good idea" for you at this point. Why? Well, I get the feeling you like to eat (like me and most other people) and you only have so many calories you should consume each day. So, why waste a few hundred calories a day on shakes thats not gonna fill you up? Why not use steak, chicken etc...the source of those calories? It makes much more sense when looking at weight loss and being full from meal to meal.

I'm not saying that you will not need whey at some point........you prolly will "if" you stay with it long enough.

Just my 02.

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by plmb1 View Post
    Anthony,

I've read several of your threads and I have to say that you are spending to much time worring about supps.

As a newb I know its hard to wrap your head around not needing supps at all and thats the simple truth.

As a matter of fact......supps including whey powder "may" just be a "not so good idea" for you at this point. Why? Well, I get the feeling you like to eat (like me and most other people) and you only have so many calories you should consume each day. So, why waste a few hundred calories a day on shakes thats not gonna fill you up? Why not use steak, chicken etc...the source of those calories? It makes much more sense when looking at weight loss and being full from meal to meal.

I'm not saying that you will not need whey at some point........you prolly will "if" you stay with it long enough.

Just my 02.
    This is the very reason why I use very little whey.

I never use it as my sole protein source at any meal. If I use it at all, it is merely there to "top off" my protein macros for that particular meal. 99% of what I eat comes from whole, unprocessed foods.

Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking punk

The kid at GNC is a punk. Muscle Tech is currently running adds in magazines for its entire lineup of supplements, including whey protein. And Muscle Tech just came out with a hydrolized whey isolate, so that kid is a dumb ass. But Muscle Tech is expensive. GNC's generic stuff is ok but it taste like **** and I don't how good it is. I use ON stuff...casein and whey. It's priced good and I think it works. And any whey is great but it should be isolates and if its hydrolized it means its broken down more and digests quicker.

But hey, how can we really tell if any of this stuff is working. I only purchased Muscle Tech once and i swear it made me bigger, but how can I be sure, maybe I just had a good workout. Also Muscle Tech protein has a little creatine in there, that might make a difference to.

Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs down EAS contains contaminates

I read a piece on Consumer Report's website rating a bunch of protein powders based on contaminates such as lead, arsinic and other stuff. EAS came out bad. Muscle Tech and ON were clean. Check it out.

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    whey is easy for me to use to get my protein requirement in - portable, measured etc. ON makes tasty stuff and it's reasonable too - you can get it here on bb.com and they ship very quickly. I've been using their platinum hydrowhey. Expensive but blends well and tastes good.

stay away from isoflex omg so nasty.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afsanchez001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy Thanks for these tips...

Originally Posted by SerpentHearted View Post
    i like isolate because... well i'm taking it for PROTEIN and that's all it's got in it, right? It's a little more expensive but then again I'm only getting what I want and no filler.

That's my preference but in real terms I suspect it makes VERY little difference if you have a concentrate instead of an isolate.
    Originally Posted by *****formula View Post
    First, walk out of GNC.

A couple of things:

Thanks for these tips... The kid at GNC had me wondering. I just bought the January 2011 issue of Muscle Mag and the damned thing had a HUGE ADVERT on the product I bought saying it's NEW and @ WALMART!!

So I was tripping out BIG TIME when (two separate clerks on two different days) told me the same thing, "BUY GNC AMP WHEY PROTEIN... Muscle Tech/Six Star is out of the WHEY business." So I think I'll just go back to WALMART and continue to believe that my favorite product is STILL THERE.

I got ripped off at GNC, fooled into buying two $45 containers "reduced" to $20.00 each, and I frigging cannot stand to DRINK THE STUFF.

We live and we learn...

-Anthony

Exclamation Again, thanks for the tips...

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Are you not getting enough protein from food?
    Originally Posted by jdtemple View Post
    I just buy the cheapo EAS whey at Sam's Club. $23 for 5 lbs. I don't use enough of it to make all those big words you guys use matter.
    Originally Posted by BankWalker View Post
    NEVER go in the GNC again. They are WAY overpriced. Use Google and search for deals. GNC is over double the online sites prices. I just watch for online deals. Post workout I try and get in 40 grams of whey and a banana...eat a meal within a couple of hours. The last time I bought whey ...there was a deal on this site. I stocked up in the Dymatize Elite whey...$23 for 5lbs. Just watch for the deals. Don't get stuck on one brand.
    Again, thanks for the tips...

As for getting enough protein from food, I am. I just also want the BCAAs in addition to the LEAN PROTEIN I am already getting.

...and SCREW GNC; I already hate those guys. I felt like I was at a high pressure Car Dealership.

-Anthony

Cool I swear that i am making gains with six-star muscle tech...

Originally Posted by Jayjoe View Post
    The kid at GNC is a punk. Muscle Tech is currently running adds in magazines for its entire lineup of supplements, including whey protein. And Muscle Tech just came out with a hydrolized whey isolate, so that kid is a dumb ass. But Muscle Tech is expensive. GNC's generic stuff is ok but it taste like **** and I don't how good it is. I use ON stuff...casein and whey. It's priced good and I think it works. And any whey is great but it should be isolates and if its hydrolized it means its broken down more and digests quicker.

But hey, how can we really tell if any of this stuff is working. I only purchased Muscle Tech once and i swear it made me bigger, but how can I be sure, maybe I just had a good workout. Also Muscle Tech protein has a little creatine in there, that might make a difference to.
    I read a piece on Consumer Report's website rating a bunch of protein powders based on contaminates such as lead, arsinic and other stuff. EAS came out bad. Muscle Tech and ON were clean. Check it out.
    Originally Posted by dungeonmistress View Post
    whey is easy for me to use to get my protein requirement in - portable, measured etc. ON makes tasty stuff and it's reasonable too - you can get it here on bb.com and they ship very quickly. I've been using their platinum hydrowhey. Expensive but blends well and tastes good.

stay away from isoflex omg so nasty.
    Dudes,

I swear that using the "Muscle Tech (Six Star)" Whey Protein Elite has in fact made me bigger. I am also losing FAT. Lots of FAT because of the CARDIO and 1000 less intake under the proposed caloric intake per my BRM numbers. And this is with lots of WHEY and regular LEAN PROTEIN.

Not promoting a specific product, but I like the TASTE (just by adding water) and the positive gains I am seeing...

-Anthony

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for these tips... The kid at GNC had me wondering. I just bought the January 2011 issue of Muscle Mag and the damned thing had a HUGE ADVERT on the product I bought saying it's NEW and @ WALMART!!

So I was tripping out BIG TIME when (two separate clerks on two different days) told me the same thing, "BUY GNC AMP WHEY PROTEIN... Muscle Tech/Six Star is out of the WHEY business." So I think I'll just go back to WALMART and continue to believe that my favorite product is STILL THERE.

I got ripped off at GNC, fooled into buying two $45 containers "reduced" to $20.00 each, and I frigging cannot stand to DRINK THE STUFF.

We live and we learn...

-Anthony

Anthony,

None of it is all that tasty. It is 8-10 oz of water with some powder mixed in. You will manage.

There is NOTHING wrong with using whey as a supp. Food is great, and I advocate for it 100%. However, having a shake or two a day IS NOT going to kill you, nor does it make up a significant enough amount of your overall protein (or cals usually) intake to call into question your motivation or dedication level. Lots and lots of guys use it. There are tons of guys who make a big deal out of it (like they are above it all). So what. If you are getting all but 50 grams or so (about two scoops of most whey products) by way of clean food, you are doing fine.

I think even AA would agree with this. Not only that, but tons of really huge guys use it. Buy it from wherever you like. BB.com is competitive however, and their delivery times are usually great.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Smile Bro, I think I am just going to start buying right here...

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Anthony,

None of it is all that tasty. It is 8-10 oz of water with some powder mixed in. You will manage.

There is NOTHING wrong with using whey as a supp. Food is great, and I advocate for it 100%. However, having a shake or two a day IS NOT going to kill you, nor does it make up a significant enough amount of your overall protein (or cals usually) intake to call into question your motivation or dedication level. Lots and lots of guys use it. There are tons of guys who make a big deal out of it (like they are above it all). So what. If you are getting all but 50 grams or so (about two scoops of most whey products) by way of clean food, you are doing fine.

I think even AA would agree with this. Not only that, but tons of really huge guys use it. Buy it from wherever you like. BB.com is competitive however, and their delivery times are usually great.
    Bro, I think I am just going to start buying right here at BodyBuilding.com... And thanks for that straight forward info.

-Anthony

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jdtemple View Post
    This is the very reason why I use very little whey.

I never use it as my sole protein source at any meal. If I use it at all, it is merely there to "top off" my protein macros for that particular meal. 99% of what I eat comes from whole, unprocessed foods.
    Very smart jdtemple.

For pete's sake......on average three pounds of meat has 240 grams of protein. 240 grams a day is plenty for most. For the ones that need more I can understand having a scoop or so of whey but like I said most don't need more than that.

Even if they need more than that........lol..........at one time I was eating 4+ lbs a day everyday and could have ate more but did'nt have time..............SO, yes........thats when the shakes came in to play.

Most people just don't/can't force themselves to eat enough food so they fall back on supps.

For example:

Someone that weighs 250+ at low bf (around 10% or so).....lol.....would need a truck load.....yes, they will prolly have to have shakes. Not enough time in the day to chew enough food for those type guys.

But..........

Far to many under 200 or so lb guys on here that really don't need but maybe, just maybe 250 to 300 grams (and thats really pushing it)........lol...........are getting prolly 150grams (some even more) of that from whey..........just eat......

We are always saying never take the easy way out in the gym.........why is it ok to take the easy way out in the kitchen?

This post is not directed at anyone specific!

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That article was repudiated long ago. It was Consumer Reports throwing its hat into the broscience arena.

testmeup will become famous soon enough. (+50) testmeup will become famous soon enough. (+50) testmeup will become famous soon enough. (+50) testmeup will become famous soon enough. (+50) testmeup will become famous soon enough. (+50) testmeup will become famous soon enough. (+50) testmeup will become famous soon enough. (+50) testmeup will become famous soon enough. (+50) testmeup will become famous soon enough. (+50) testmeup will become famous soon enough. (+50) testmeup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Never listen to any advice given by the reps at GNC. All they do is start spitting out a bunch of mumbo jumbo and then end up trying to push you to buy their store brand crap.

brucefannj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

consumer reports

Found the link - can't post it cause I'm a newb....interesting reading...what's a little arsenic, lead and mercury with your protein...yumm

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by plmb1 View Post
    Very smart jdtemple.

For pete's sake......on average three pounds of meat has 240 grams of protein. 240 grams a day is plenty for most. For the ones that need more I can understand having a scoop or so of whey but like I said most don't need more than that.

Even if they need more than that........lol..........at one time I was eating 4+ lbs a day everyday and could have ate more but did'nt have time..............SO, yes........thats when the shakes came in to play.

Most people just don't/can't force themselves to eat enough food so they fall back on supps.

For example:

Someone that weighs 250+ at low bf (around 10% or so).....lol.....would need a truck load.....yes, they will prolly have to have shakes. Not enough time in the day to chew enough food for those type guys.

But..........

Far to many under 200 or so lb guys on here that really don't need but maybe, just maybe 250 to 300 grams (and thats really pushing it)........lol...........are getting prolly 150grams (some even more) of that from whey..........just eat......

We are always saying never take the easy way out in the gym.........why is it ok to take the easy way out in the kitchen?

This post is not directed at anyone specific!
    There are some good points to your post. I use protein supplements to augment my protein source from food. It’s convenient on have a protein drink at my desk at work, in a coffee cup in a meeting, or when I just don’t have the time to prepare a meal. I look at supplements as augmenting my diet of prepared food not replacing it.

I use my enthusiasm about a supplement to do my homework about the producer’s supplement. This is better rather than letting my enthusiasm misled me into accepting their advertising claims without doing my research.

When buying supplements buyer beware is definitely true. The same applies to forums…reader beware in regards to advice about supplements.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    return the stuff you bought to gnc - they should take both back

jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A couple of things:

notsureifserious.... u need whey post work out, with around 30grams of simple sugar, IE juice, to spike insulin levels, regardless of a meal before
    Ya, I blog.
    http://absandicecream.com/

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jaklcrow/featured

********: go LIKE it!! http://www.********.com/Absandice