rubenhan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rubenhan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

would CKD suit well for my workout routine?

Hi,

I've had pretty good result with CKD before, but recently I've changed my workout routine. I changed it to the DoggCrapp training. To people who are unfamiliar with it, it's basically

m-chest, back, tri
    w-leg, bi
    f-chest, back, tri
    m- leg, bi

and it goes on and on in this cycle.

So I'm basically working out 3 times a week, but each workout session is very hard which people who know DC training can attest.

Do you think CKD would suit this routine?

I'm asking this because 1) I can't do a depletion workout in this routine 2) I know TKD would suit this workout better but I've found out I really need weekend carbup for mental sanity.

Is there a way to make this work?

thank you.

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ya, keto will still work fine.

what's the second m? monday again?

and why not just do some HIIT, pushups, jumping jacks, and whatever else after one of your workouts to turn it into depletion?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

Made by: Corn Fed Beef bscherer's Avatar
    bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rubenhan View Post
    I'm asking this because 1) I can't do a depletion workout in this routine 2) I know TKD would suit this workout better but I've found out I really need weekend carbup for mental sanity.

thank you.
    You can do depletion with any workout. I've never heard of this one but maybe they are ditching depletion in favor of low rep high weight?

The weekend carbup keeps us all sane! That's the only way I can do it and plus it helps the social life being able to hang out and mix in with the gang.
    --There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.--
    --Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.--

No Bull**** Bodybuilding greekmanman's Avatar
    greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi,

I've had pretty good result with CKD before, but recently I've changed my workout routine. I changed it to the DoggCrapp training. To people who are unfamiliar with it, it's basically

m-chest, back, tri
    w-leg, bi
    f-chest, back, tri
    m- leg, bi

and it goes on and on in this cycle.

So I'm basically working out 3 times a week, but each workout session is very hard which people who know DC training can attest.

Do you think CKD would suit this routine?

thank you.
    CKD can work, bit it wouldn't be optimal IMO.

How about doing some hard cardio/HIIT on saturday then carbing up for the weekend(sat into sun)?

rubenhan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rubenhan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @DustyChicago,
    yes, it's monday again. The cycle starts all over. I'll consider HIIT after my friday workout. I don't know how possible it'll be though since my workout itself is pretty intense.

@bscherer
    The reason why I said, I can't do a depletion workout is because I don't want to mess around with this routine. This is a pretty well proven routine used by many pro and amateur people, and the key is to not mess with it. Besides after i do my Friday routine, I'm completely exhausted since the routine requires you to workout to failure.

@greekmanman
    The saturday option sounds reasonable. I'm really considering that.

BTW, how low of a body fat can you get down with keto? I'm asking this because I'm right now around 8-9% and I'm wondering if keto will help me get to 5% or lower.

No Bull**** Bodybuilding greekmanman's Avatar
    greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    @DustyChicago,
    yes, it's monday again. The cycle starts all over. I'll consider HIIT after my friday workout. I don't know how possible it'll be though since my workout itself is pretty intense.

@bscherer
    The reason why I said, I can't do a depletion workout is because I don't want to mess around with this routine. This is a pretty well proven routine used by many pro and amateur people, and the key is to not mess with it. Besides after i do my Friday routine, I'm completely exhausted since the routine requires you to workout to failure.

@greekmanman
    The saturday option sounds reasonable. I'm really considering that.

BTW, how low of a body fat can you get down with keto? I'm asking this because I'm right now around 8-9% and I'm wondering if keto will help me get to 5% or lower.
    I'd say you could go as low as your body will allow. Infact many BB'ers actually switch to a keto diet the last few weeks of their contest prep to shed the last bit of stubborn fat and get that shredded look...