Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000)

$15,000 fine for THIS?!?!?

What the hell is going on with football?

He (Cutler) crossed the LOS, becoming a running back, becoming a LEGAL, smashable traget! He got smashed.....end of play.....period! Cutler got up, walked off, unhurt!

It's coming down to the point where hitting the QB at all will soon be illegal!!

WTF?

I understand that linemen are bigger and stronger every year, but aren't the QB's getting bigger, better conditioned, more flexible, etc as well?

2 games against Chicago, 2 BS calls!!!

Rant/notsureifoveryet
    "Is it REALLY a passion if it gets abandoned the first time things get tough?

If it is then I suggest finding another passion because things will be tough MUCH more than they will be easy."

-Dave Tate

michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's getting ridiculous. Don't get me started on Harrison's fines.
    I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If this was one of the helmet to helmet hits, I probably would disagree, but this one looked fine to me.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am outraged. I plan to not watch football anymore to protest.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    I am outraged. I plan to not watch football anymore to protest.
    A very sarcastic har har!

If it is then I suggest finding another passion because things will be tough MUCH more than they will be easy."

-Dave Tate

kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The reason he got fined was because he put a forearm to the back of his head/neck

"Watching the play live at the stadium, it certainly appeared to me that Ndamukong Suh threw a forearm shiver at Jay Cutler and therefore deserved the unnecessary roughness penalty that was assessed. "

Now the hit look a lot worse live then it did in slow motion. Live it looked like suh hit him in the back of the head. Slow mo he hit maintly the bottom of the helmet/neck.

Either way it don't matter if your a QB/RB/WR ect, your not allowed to forearm someone in the back of the head. Just like your not allowed to close line them.

merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I guess people forget How rough Rugby is and they don't wear padding
    Eric

"Sports do not build character. They reveal it."

"Thin skinned? Now that sounds like a way I could get more shredded....by having thinner skin." - Brackneyc

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Originally Posted by kjj325 View Post
    The reason he got fined was because he put a forearm to the back of his head/neck

"Watching the play live at the stadium, it certainly appeared to me that Ndamukong Suh threw a forearm shiver at Jay Cutler and therefore deserved the unnecessary roughness penalty that was assessed. "

Now the hit look a lot worse live then it did in slow motion. Live it looked like suh hit him in the back of the head. Slow mo he hit maintly the bottom of the helmet/neck.

Either way it don't matter if your a QB/RB/WR ect, your not allowed to forearm someone in the back of the head. Just like your not allowed to close line them.
    I don't see the hit to the "head", upper back, but not head. Should they fine all rb's for dropping their shoulders, and thereby their heads, when running into a group, possibly causing helmet-to-helmet contact?

Watch every replay of a game, and I guarantee you will see some forearms getting blatantly thrown around, yet not called.

-Dave Tate

Originally Posted by merlinsrealm View Post
    I guess people forget How rough Rugby is and they don't wear padding
    Do love teh Rugby!! Played for a couple years in a "pick-up league". Very brutal, but super fun!

-Dave Tate

Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think the league should publish a picture of a QB with little labels showing how much it costs to hit them in different places. Like a label of $25,000 for a front of the helmet hit, a $15,000 label pointing to their knees,etc.. then all the defensive players can decide how much they want to spend to hit the QB.
    "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better!"

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. -A. R. Bernard

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places."
    Ernest Hemingway - "A Farewell to Arms"

merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hikemike View Post
    Do love teh Rugby!! Played for a couple years in a "pick-up league". Very brutal, but super fun!

Saw Ireland versus South Africa when I was in Ireland last month. What a good game. Makes me hate what our football is becoming.
    Eric

"Thin skinned? Now that sounds like a way I could get more shredded....by having thinner skin." - Brackneyc

michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    The defensive player is lowering his shoulder to tackle, the ball carrier is lowering his stance to run, some helmet to helmet is unavoidable but they're not differentiating. Any helmet to helmet contact is being called and fined regardless. Look at Harrison's fine for hitting Cribbs, who was in the process of being brought down by Woodley. A fraction of a second and Harrison is supposed to avoid that?
    Last edited by michvolley; 12-09-2010 at 06:59 AM. Reason: wrong word

kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kjj325 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't see the hit to the "head", upper back, but not head. Should they fine all rb's for dropping their shoulders, and thereby their heads, when running into a group, possibly causing helmet-to-helmet contact?

Watch every replay of a game, and I guarantee you will see some forearms getting blatantly thrown around, yet not called.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOYOx...layer_embedded

^^^ Skip to 14:00 watch the slow replay and look at the blue glove that suh has on. You can see the forearm in the back of his head.

NFL would not fine him for doing that to his back.

AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Being from MI also, I cant help but watch the Lions. It was a bad call, and everyone knew it. It was also at a key turning point in the game. I guess if the official are going to screw a team over, might as well be the lions. And again I will say it, wait for next year.
    Expect Nothing
    Never Be Disappointed

Originally Posted by AndroShock View Post
    Being from MI also, I cant help but watch the Lions. It was a bad call, and everyone knew it. It was also at a key turning point in the game. I guess if the official are going to screw a team over, might as well be the lions. And again I will say it, wait for next year.
    If it was a 3rd or 4th down call I woudl say yes. Its a turning point of the game.

If he didn't get called it would have been 2nd and 2. Can't really make that a excuse. Detroit could have still held them to a FG

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Well it does look like a shove to the back of the head in that clip.
    Was friends with Methuselah

Originally Posted by merlinsrealm View Post
    Saw Ireland versus South Africa when I was in Ireland last month. What a good game. Makes me hate what our football is becoming.
    Would love to see a pro game live!! Do they have "Rugby Hooligans" too? LOL

Originally Posted by michvolley View Post
    The defensive player is lowering his head to tackle, the ball carrier is lowering his stance to run, some helmet to helmet is unavoidable but they're not differentiating. Any helmet to helmet contact is being called and fined regardless. Look at Harrison's fine for hitting Cribbs, who was in the process of being brought down by Woodley. A fraction of a second and Harrison is supposed to avoid that?
    That's another part of my rant! How is a defensive player, with his arms raised to block a pass, suposed to avoid hitting the QB in the helmet, when said QB dodges him to avoid getting sacked?
    I think the refs need to look at the replay before giving out penalties. I'm not saying going under the hood, just watch the screen.

Hard to change direction or stop when you're going full speed and weigh upwards of 350lbs, or you are flying through the air!

-Dave Tate

I dont think "accidental" head hits should be called. But you can't put the call up to the officials. You have to say. Hit in the head gets called no matter what. Otherwise the refs will get the blame.

Its like the rule of the WR catching the ball in the air and the defense shoving him out of bounce before he comes down. It was up to the ref to say "he was shoved out" "or he fell out" Now you have to have both feet in no matter what. Takes a lot off the refs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOYOx...layer_embedded

^^^ Skip to 14:00 watch the slow replay and look at the blue glove that suh has on. You can see the forearm in the back of his head.

NFL would not fine him for doing that to his back.
    I saw the glove to the back of the head, but that was not the initial contact point.

-Dave Tate

That's another part of my rant! How is a defensive player, with his arms raised to block a pass, suposed to avoid hitting the QB in the helmet, when said QB dodges him to avoid getting sacked?
    I think the refs need to look at the replay before giving out penalties. I'm not saying going under the hood, just watch the screen.

Hard to change direction or stop when you're going full speed and weigh upwards of 350lbs, or you are flying through the air!
    Right that's where the problem lies. Intentional helmet to helmet, yea. But different circumstances are gonna make it unavoidable and they're not being taken into account, even when issuing fines.

I dont think "accidental" head hits should be called. But you can't put the call up to the officials. You have to say. Hit in the head gets called no matter what. Otherwise the refs will get the blame.
    They just flag everything. Unless it's a punch in the face to Roethlisberger or a helmet to helmet on Miller. But I'm not bitter

Originally Posted by michvolley View Post
    R

They just flag everything. Unless it's a punch in the face to Roethlisberger or a helmet to helmet on Miller. But I'm not bitter
    That is true.....

I saw the glove to the back of the head, but that was not the initial contact point.
    How wasn't it? The other arm was on cutlers arm. So he pushed with his left hand and karate choped with his right.

thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This Guy is an Animal {Suh} in a good way by NFL standards, , Probably make Pro Bowl, could be NFC Defensive Rookie of the year, barring injury this kid should have an outstanding Career ! he has sent a message to Quarterbacks around the NFL, I`m here & you need to be Aware ! look at what he did to Delhomme in Pre Season it was like back in the early 80`s, not as bad as Joe "turkey Jones on Bradshaw though, he almost tore his head off ! not too mention Mcnabb, Vick, Brady, Manning, Rogers, Sanchez none of them want to be blindsided by that guy, No O Lineman can block him 1 on 1 he`s 6 4 305 and runs like a linebacker and has an attitude, which for Detroit is something altogether Different, I love watchhing great intense Defenses, I.E. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Etc, look at these guys they are fierce and extremely Violent, and they are WINNERS and that is the ONLY thing that Counts in Sports, WINNING, Champions, "2nd place gets a set of Steak knives" Cutler has now become fully cognizant of who SUH is and im certain he will be more cautious next time he diecides to become a Runner and go for it------------Now if the Lions could Fill the roster with the Likes of Suh maybe they will be winners
    John 4:20

Romans 12 :2

Ephesiens 6:13

"The Lord is my rock,my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom shall I take refuge"

The refs may have made a mistake, but when issuing a fine they should have seen that he was hitting him in the back. I read that when slowed down it is obvious he's not hitting him in the head or neck. He's a running back at that point, the rules are no hits to the head or neck area.

How wasn't it? The other arm was on cutlers arm. So he pushed with his left hand and karate choped with his right.
    Because his forearm hit his back first, then his hand to the helmet. It was not an intentional head shot.

-Dave Tate

They show slo-mo in this one.

Now this is how you play...

Eric

hypnocrip is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnocrip is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnocrip is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnocrip is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnocrip is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnocrip is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnocrip is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnocrip is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnocrip is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnocrip is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnocrip is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You would think that by the time a QB reaches the NFL that he is fully aware that football is a contact sport and willingly accepts the risks/rewards of that position. Blatant dirty shots should be fineable, but you can't script how a player is going to move right before impact. The NFL risks taking away the very intensity that makes us salivate when we see a WR have to jump for a pass thrown too high over the middle and you know the safety is coming or when a DE beats the double team and is running full tilt towards the blindside of the unaware QB.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Everyone has a plan til they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Originally Posted by thomashenry View Post
    This Guy is an Animal {Suh} in a good way by NFL standards, , Probably make Pro Bowl, could be NFC Defensive Rookie of the year, barring injury this kid should have an outstanding Career ! he has sent a message to Quarterbacks around the NFL, I`m here & you need to be Aware ! look at what he did to Delhomme in Pre Season it was like back in the early 80`s, not as bad as Joe "turkey Jones on Bradshaw though, he almost tore his head off ! not too mention Mcnabb, Vick, Brady, Manning, Rogers, Sanchez none of them want to be blindsided by that guy, No O Lineman can block him 1 on 1 he`s 6 4 305 and runs like a linebacker and has an attitude, which for Detroit is something altogether Different, I love watchhing great intense Defenses, I.E. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Etc, look at these guys they are fierce and extremely Violent, and they are WINNERS and that is the ONLY thing that Counts in Sports, WINNING, Champions, "2nd place gets a set of Steak knives" Cutler has now become fully cognizant of who SUH is and im certain he will be more cautious next time he diecides to become a Runner and go for it------------Now if the Lions could Fill the roster with the Likes of Suh maybe they will be winners
    Suh and Vanden Bosch are a scary team!!

I absolutely love Moss thinking he was going to stop Suh from getting into the end zone!

-Dave Tate

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The NFL is going the route of PC. Soon they will not be allowed to tackle, it will be a flag football league

IMHO rugby > football........but I am biased because I played rugby, and to this day it is by far the funnest sport I ever played

Suh got robbed imo, I was watching that game and screaming at the telle as the refs made the call. What a joke!

This guy didn't like the call either