Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Bulgarian method routine - 1986

Mind blown 0_o

Follow my juggernaut log @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135280071

StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Prescripted suicide.

ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    lol.

They don't do that nowadays ever since Coach Asparukhov took over for Abadjhiev. Their training frequency is now 8 sessions a week or more. Not 24!

Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ViKtoricus View Post
    lol.

They don't do that nowadays ever since Coach Asparukhov took over for Abadjhiev. Their training frequency is now 8 sessions a week or more. Not 24!
    Yeah, but I'm still curious if Ivan will try this old school routine with his athletes @ California. I would really like a video of how is Team USA doing under his supervision
    Follow my juggernaut log @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135280071

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Pokarface View Post
    Yeah, but I'm still curious if Ivan will try this old school routine with his athletes @ California. I would really like a video of how is Team USA doing under his supervision
    He is not training "Team USA". I'm not sure he is even training any national level lifters right now.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    one of the guys who posts here trains with him, and suggested the routine was similar, except it was front squat, snatch, c&j, front squat, if I remember correctly.

I think it was GQartguy who is the lifter, but not sure.

Keep in mind there are many training methods that work, and that the best countries today are not using the "bulgarian" system, at least not year-round.

I could expand further by suggesting that the bulgarian system is very enticing, especially for someone who wants to put up big numbers quickly, but going to max day-after-day has a way of breaking down technique to the point of being almost negative.
    Last edited by slowman41; 06-27-2011 at 12:25 PM.
    Misc Strength Crew
    Russian Program Weightlifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=707588271

Olympic Lifter & Coach GqArtguy's Avatar
    GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I train with Abadjiev at the Eleiko Academy and we do not follow that program. One thing to note is that its 'Abadjiev's system' not Bulgarian since other Bulgarian coaches do not and have not trained their lifters the way he does. Abadjiev has been the first to say that his method is a work in progress and has refined it over the years, so we dont train exactly like they did in the 80s or early 90's. Theres no 'Team USA' training there since a team hasnt been formed for the Olympics. Additionally, we have some international lifters that will probably lift for their respective countries. We are not the OTC either, just an independent facility training running under Alex Krychev and sponsored by Eleiko with the vision of producing champions. Abadjiev was called back from Bulgaria, after he left Cal Strength a few years prior, to assist Alex in this endeavor.
    Last edited by GqArtguy; 06-27-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    Olympic Lifting Coach

My Demo Vids and some training:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mhbuitrago