darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Crapped on diet over Thanksgiving, should I change anything?

I was on 1900 calories a day and losing weight pretty good.
    However I crapped out on thanksgiving weekend from thursday to sunday (I had chinese buffet, 8-10 slices pizza, fast food 2x, hospital food, gyro platter, some more stuff).

Should I switch to something more drastic (I feel I just ruined 3 weeks of hardwork) or should I just suck it up and learn to not binge like that.

On November 1, I was around 185.
    Before thanksgiving, I was 175.4 in the morning.
    Monday morning (today) I was 177.0

I just feel bad for cheating so bad.
    I'm reading a book called RFL and it promotes a low calorie/high protein/nofat/nocarb approach.

harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by darudende View Post
    However I crapped out on thanksgiving weekend from thursday to sunday (I had chinese buffet, 8-10 slices pizza, fast food 2x, hospital food, gyro platter, some more stuff).

Should I switch to something more drastic (I feel I just ruined 3 weeks of hardwork) or should I just suck it up and learn to not binge like that.

I'm reading a book called RFL and it promotes a low calorie/high protein/nofat/nocarb approach.

First....Most people will overeat aroung Thanksgiving and Christmas...so you are not alone...

Second...You didnt get overweight because you ate too much during the two holidays above... You got there by overeating throughout the course of the year and doing little to no exercise. So eating more during the holidays is not to be solely blamed here.

Third... Doing anything drastic *might* help in the short run, but if you become overly strict or deprive yourself too much, it will backfire and cause another binge.

My suggestion.... Put the weekend behind you and go back to your regular routine ( diet + exercise ).... As long you as stick with your routine 50 weeks out of a year, 2 bad weeks will not derail you.
    In fact you can use the extra calories you ate as a reason to lift heavy in the gym , with all the extra energy you have now. So go hit the gym and go all out.
    My iPhone fitness app (free) : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-fitness-diary/id532523662?mt=8
    My fitness blog : http://www.harshathlete.com

strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

just keep doin what u been doin. when u fall off the horse, u gotta get back on it.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know what you guys mean, I just set a goal for myself at the start of this cut to get as close to 170lbs as I can before 1/1/2011.

It just sucks that I realize time is running out and setbacks that I create are messing me up.
    I guess I just to man up and not slack

thanks, and +reps

Shinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinny is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude, it's Thanksgiving. Don't worry about it. I pigged out during the weekend as well. Pretty much all of us did. Now I'm back to my regular diet plan (today).
    Long-term goal: 188 > 155 pds (3 months ~ Mid-Oct 10'- Mid-Jan 11') Accomplished

Current goal: 155 > 145 pds...in progress

fad3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fad3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fad3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fad3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fad3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fad3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fad3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fad3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fad3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fad3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fad3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You got 60 years left, its not like youre in a hurry to drop those 2 pounds. Just get back on track and accept the fact you binged. I did too, like a lot of folks, but I enjoyed it and am ready to be back on track today. Its all good, its just 2 pounds and youll shed them in a hurry
    1/6/10: 320 lbs
    5/1/11: 229 lbs

MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Move on, don't look back. Everyone overeats during this holiday season, just go back to your normal diet like nothing ever happened.
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

June 2012: 112 lbs.
    March 2015: 150 lbs.

frank11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I gained 5 pounds over the long weekend. Not so much the eating, more the 30-40 beers I drank. Now that I'm off the booze wagon I can get back on track.

ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    that thanksgiving weight will come back off faster than you think, if your diet was working well before it will continue too. don't fix it if it aint broke.

Originally Posted by ALLUCANEATRIBS View Post
    that thanksgiving weight will come back off faster than you think, if your diet was working well before it will continue too. don't fix it if it aint broke.
    I hope so, actually I know so. I workout way too hard on my cardio to not make any progress.

I just need to focus on my psyche and realize these things take time and one setback does not mean abandon the entire plan and start from scratch or just lose all motivation and quit.

dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I workout way too hard on my cardio to not make any progress.
    Workout hard with weights too so that when that fat comes off the muscles come out.
    I used to be skinny fat myself thinking that if i lost XXlbs of fat i would look good.....by the time i got down to 159lbs i lost almost all my muscle mass and i looked like **** =/

Having a day once in a while that u can pig out on helps you in the long run of achieving your goal. It just cant be every weekend =P

For instance.... when i go shopping for my usual chicken/steak/rice etc. ill buy maybe some cereal and poptarts once a month... or whatever else i had a craving for =P
    it makes me feel as if im not going to be eating just chicken and brown rice everyday for 20 years heh

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with the general consensus on here. Don't worry about it just get back on track. Hell 1.5lbs is nothing. Could be water weight. I had 4 awful days over break but got back on track Sunday. I haven't weighed in yet just to let my body neutralize. Keep fighting the fight bro!

snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did the same thing bro: tons of Thanksgiving food, all kinds of sweets, beer, whiskey, Chinese food, even white bread & pasta.

Today I'm starting a strict cut though. All I'm gonna eat mainly is chicken breasts, fish, spinach, broccoli, egg/whites, cottage cheese, and other salad stuff.

strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongman85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I hope so, actually I know so. I workout way too hard on my cardio to not make any progress.

I just need to focus on my psyche and realize these things take time and one setback does not mean abandon the entire plan and start from scratch or just lose all motivation and quit.

not sure what ur goal is but if u ramp up ur cardio be prepared for some muscle loss to accompany that fat loss. unlesss u are takin somethin that will help to off set the muscle loss from doin alot or to much cardio.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.