Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Suffering's Road to 10%

Hey y'all. Thanks for checking out my log.

My goal is to get down in the 8-10% range, so I can go on a long and nice 'bulking'-phase.

I'm 120 at 5'6, so I'm pretty light and some of you may think cutting is a bad idea, but my bf% is in the 15%-range which is pretty bad for nutrition partitioning in terms of gaining. I'd rather be light with a low body fat, than heavy with a high body fat. Personal preferences, mostly.

I have to eat at a pretty low calorie-level to see any sort of reasonable fat loss (1200-1300 cal/day, yes srs). I'll try to have a refeed every second week or so, and include a diet break after 4-6 weeks of dieting.

Lifting 3/week, but I keep this log mostly for logging my nutrition and overall progression in terms of fat loss (and not strength gains aka I won't be posting detailed workouts). Cardio now and then.

Wish me luck.
    Attached Images

Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suffering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Week 1, Day 1

Nutrition:
    1261 kCal
    183g protein
    41g carbs
    40g fat

Training:
    1 hour lifting

Comments:
    Trying to keep this log as simple as possible for long-term adherence. No problems with hunger (intermittent fasting ftw) nor appetite. I'm almost doing a PMSF, haha. Starting weight yesterday was 121 pounds.

mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No disrespect meant but what are you cutting down to? You're 120 lbs, you can afford to bulk at least another 50 lbs before worrying about fat loss, and gaining muscle will dramatically effect your body composition. Bulk and you'll actually get leaner I'd bet.

Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I tried to do something similar and I was at a similar weight. I did Rapid Fat Loss which is PSMF. I thought the same, get below 10% than bulk.

It doesn't work. At that low of a bodyweight your metabolism will just take the hit and you won't see much loss. Than when you try to eat "normal" (by normal I mean what should be maintenance calories), you'll pack back on fat like nobody's business.

That was my experience anyways. I said fuk it and just decided to gain. At least at a higher bodyweight your maintenance calories will be higher and you'll have enough mass that you won't fuk your metabolism when you PSMF.

And it looks to me like you're at 10-12% now.

I really appreciate your advice, both of you. And you are probably damn right.

I tried bulking in the past, but I only gained fat (or so it seemed). I began thinking that had something to do with partitioning, caused by my (in my eyes) high bodyfat%. I most likely have some mild form of ED, wanting to cut at my bodyweight is kinda weird. I just want to get rid of my goddamn love handles, and see my abs for the first time in my life.

Originally Posted by Yamar1 View Post
    That was my experience anyways. I said fuk it and just decided to gain.
    How did the gaining go? Did your body composition change to the better?

Oh, and just a quick question. Anyone know what the skinfold measurements are for someone in the 10-13% bf-range?

Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    I really appreciate your advice, both of you. And you are probably damn right.

I tried bulking in the past, but I only gained fat (or so it seemed). I began thinking that had something to do with partitioning, caused by my (in my eyes) high bodyfat%. I most likely have some mild form of ED, wanting to cut at my bodyweight is kinda weird. I just want to get rid of my goddamn love handles, and see my abs for the first time in my life.

How did the gaining go? Did your body composition change to the better?

An ED was what I suspected. After learning about it I "might" have had symptoms of one myself, but I'm glad I changed my way of thinking aboud. I have been lifting 11 weeks and went from 130 lbs and today I'm at 143 lbs. I think that partitioning crap is in your head. The great thing about being a newby is you can take advantage of newby gains. Make sure you're eating consistent.

The best thig I can tell you is just focus on strength gains and make sure to be consistent and progressive with your training. Otherwise you will just gain fat.

FWIW- This weekend I'm going to update progress pics in my profile so you can judge but I haven't notice much fat gain. For me ititial fat gain goes to my stomach and I did notice .25 inch gain there. But I gained an inch on my arms, and inch on my chest, and 2 inches on my quads so you can see the fat to muscle ratio isn't even a concern. Aside from a few smaller shirts all my cloths fit me fine, my quads and glutes got bigger which actually looks and feels a lot better in my genes.

But yeah I doubt dieting will work that well for you.

Great stuff man, thanks for your reply. I think you're right in about every aspect, I need to work on my mental game. I'll get up a post where I respond better soon. I'm looking forward to the pics btw.

I took a few pics today in another lighting (warning: sucky 'posing'). The lighting really makes a difference.
    Attached Images

You're 12% at most.....I think more like 9-10.

I'll tell you what someone told me. Nobody is going to notice if you are 6% BF or 20% BF when you are a healthy male walking around at 120 lbs. All they see is a skinny kid, nothing more, nothing less.

You just have to break out of that funk. I was there bro, you'll be glad you make the plunge.