Femmenalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Im so frustrated!

I am so frustrated! I cant seem to lose the last bit of fat no matter what I do. I live an incrediblly active life and eat a very healthy diet yet I look quite bulky to myself. I'm hungry all the time and eat alot because I hate being hungry. What can I do? I know I need to cut out how much I eat but its very difficult for me because of hungry I get. Can someone give me some tips please? I'm really starting to feel like nothing is working.

thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Femmenalle View Post
    I am so frustrated! I cant seem to lose the last bit of fat no matter what I do. I live an incrediblly active life and eat a very healthy diet yet I look quite bulky to myself. I'm hungry all the time and eat alot because I hate being hungry. What can I do? I know I need to cut out how much I eat but its very difficult for me because of hungry I get. Can someone give me some tips please? I'm really starting to feel like nothing is working.
    What are your stats? Height, weight?
    How many calories are you eating per day?

relentless33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) relentless33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) relentless33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) relentless33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) relentless33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) relentless33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) relentless33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) relentless33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Add me and ask whatever questions you have I'm training 3women currently

Originally Posted by thedogdidit View Post
    What are your stats? Height, weight?
    How many calories are you eating per day?

Im 5'7 and I think I'm somewhere around 128 lbs but I dont know for sure because I dont weigh myself. I dont count calories. I eat incredibly clean but I do eat alot. I dont want to become obsessive with my diet because I have suffered from an eating disorder in the past.

What isle is the mayo on? Nate2010's Avatar
    Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im 5'7 and I think I'm somewhere around 128 lbs but I dont know for sure because I dont weigh myself. I dont count calories. I eat incredibly clean but I do eat alot. I dont want to become obsessive with my diet because I have suffered from an eating disorder in the past.
    Calories are Calories.....

You could drop bodyfat eating pizza, and gain bodyfat eating rice cakes.

Just eat less
    Heres and idea, you know that thing at the top of your screen its square and says "search" on it. Yeah there you go, you see it? Why dont you actually use that damn thing and quit expecting people to feed you like your a damn baby. I here people say the only stupid question is the one you didnt ask.....that is a lie. 395/520/650 from 3" deficit @235.

ItsAndreaSon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItsAndreaSon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItsAndreaSon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItsAndreaSon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItsAndreaSon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItsAndreaSon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItsAndreaSon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItsAndreaSon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItsAndreaSon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItsAndreaSon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItsAndreaSon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^^^That.
    Doesn't matter how "clean" you eat, you won't lose weight if you're still eating too much.
    Also, 128 lbs. at 5'7" is very healthy. If you are indeed around 128, then you don't need to lose any weight. You're probably skinny fat and need to gain some muscle. Bulk and lift some weights!
    "If you can't enjoy eating at all what's the point?"_GSP

Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ItsAndreaSon View Post
    ^^^That.
    Doesn't matter how "clean" you eat, you won't lose weight if you're still eating too much.
    Also, 128 lbs. at 5'7" is very healthy. If you are indeed around 128, then you don't need to lose any weight. You're probably skinny fat and need to gain some muscle. Bulk and lift some weights!

Seconded!
    Heres and idea, you know that thing at the top of your screen its square and says "search" on it. Yeah there you go, you see it? Why dont you actually use that damn thing and quit expecting people to feed you like your a damn baby. I here people say the only stupid question is the one you didnt ask.....that is a lie. 395/520/650 from 3" deficit @235.

It is very difficult for me to cut calories because I get very hungry. I fear that if I cut calories itll catch up to me and I'll just end up overeating in the end. I focus very much on weight lifting. I lift 3 times a week, do lots of yoga and walk alot. Doesnt it take up too much energy to count calories? How much calories should I be eating? All of this is very confusing to me

It is very difficult for me to cut calories because I get very hungry. I fear that if I cut calories itll catch up to me and I'll just end up overeating in the end. I focus very much on weight lifting. I lift 3 times a week, do lots of yoga and walk alot. Doesnt it take up too much energy to count calories? How much calories should I be eating? All of this is very confusing to me
    SHEEESH!

You is overthinking this by a whole lot.

No need to count calories, just eat less. Also, eat more filling foods with lots of fiber/protein/fats. HIIT and CrossFit might be something you want to look into.

MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd be counting calories and macros. Not to be obsessive but to be informed. If you don't know how much you are eating, it's hard to say just eat less.

Eating more protein is more filling for me. I eat less calories and don't feel hungry when I eat more protein/ use more protein powder.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are 5'7" and 128, DON'T cut calories. Eat at what is called maintenance calories and get a good heavy lifting program going. You are probably skinny fat and need to put some muscle on (ie "tone up"). You don't need to lose scale weight to lose fat.

You need to at least pay attention to what you are eating to make sure you are taking in enough protein to support muscle development. Eating "clean" doesn't mean anything in terms of fat/muscle, calories do.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    If you are 5'7" and 128, DON'T cut calories. Eat at what is called maintenance calories and get a good heavy lifting program going. You are probably skinny fat and need to put some muscle on (ie "tone up"). You don't need to lose scale weight to lose fat.

You need to at least pay attention to what you are eating to make sure you are taking in enough protein to support muscle development. Eating "clean" doesn't mean anything in terms of fat/muscle, calories do.
    Exactly. I know you don't want to 'obsess' but it's extremely difficult to get the body you want when you really don't know how much you're eating. What does 'clean' mean to you, because in this world lol, it doesn't exist in terms of diet! If you're getting 'very hungry' I'd imagine that you're not eating the proper amounts of things. What are your protein sources? Fats? different types of carbs? Etc...

It may be a pain in the arse at first, but tracking and KNOWING is less of a pain than being frustrated 24/7 because of not seeing the results you want.
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

I eat a mostly vegan diet (Im somewhat lactose intolerant and buying meat is too expensive for me) but I do eat meat from time to time. For each meal I have a grain like quinoa, barley or brown rice about 1/4 cup, some sort of lentils, tofu or tempeh for protein and veggies. I use olive oil, sesame oil, nuts and seeds for fat. I have a small frame so thats probably why I dont weigh much but I aam particularly obsessed about my saddlebags. I know you cant spot train but thats the main part of my body that I want to lose weight from.

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you don't know your macros and cals, it's hard to say what to do. Since you are saying you feel hungry all the time but no longer seeing results, it could be that you have been chronically undereating and your body has plateaued and is trying to hold onto what fat you have.

The best way to get the body you want is to lift heavy and eat over maintenance to build muscle that will give you a nice shape. If you just try to continue losing "weight", you will likely just get even more "skinny fat" and remain unhappy with your body even if you are at a lower scale number.

What is your weight loss history and workout schedule? Most importantly, you are going to have to know how many cals you have been taking in to figure out if you need to reduce or actually increase them. Being a vegan, you may have been taking in less protein than recommended, which doesn't help with the whole skinny fat thing.

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are 22 years old... 5'7" and 128lbs with a history of eating disorder.

Are you seeing someone or in counselling right now? My guess is that you have some body image issues as well going on that could possibly be worked out.

If not and if that isn't in the cards, then try doing a bulk. I took this approach to get out of my disordered thinking and it worked for me. It was scary though... I mean the kind of scary where I was in tears a lot of days.

You need to get your head on straight about body image and also about HOW you get rid of the last few lbs without looking like a prison camp victim. The way you do that is to build up some muscle and then do a nice slow cut. Right now you are not in the place to do that. Talk to us about dropping that last few lbs of fat when you are 150lbs at 5'7" and can squat and deadlift 2x plus your bodyweight...

I definitely see how it might seem that I have body image issues because of the fact that I have suffered from an eating disorder but it really isnt like that. That is the reason why I dont want to count calories. I definitely do not think I'm fat or even chubby. I am really looking to build muscle that SHOWS, not only when I flex but just when I'm standing around. I'm frustrated because I feel like I must have a layer of fat or something over my muscles because I cant seem to get to that place of visible muscle definition. I should have been more specific. I'm not trying to lose weight and that is precisely the reason why I am not weighing myself. I feel like I need to drop some fat though in order to see my muscle definition but I do admit that I'm quite ignorant when it comes to body building so thats why I'm here asking this question.

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I definitely see how it might seem that I have body image issues because of the fact that I have suffered from an eating disorder but it really isnt like that. That is the reason why I dont want to count calories. I definitely do not think I'm fat or even chubby. I am really looking to build muscle that SHOWS, not only when I flex but just when I'm standing around. I'm frustrated because I feel like I must have a layer of fat or something over my muscles because I cant seem to get to that place of visible muscle definition. I should have been more specific. I'm not trying to lose weight and that is precisely the reason why I am not weighing myself. I feel like I need to drop some fat though in order to see my muscle definition but I do admit that I'm quite ignorant when it comes to body building so thats why I'm here asking this question.

You NEED to bulk. BUILD MUSCLE so that when you lose fat it shows up. Makes a HUGE difference in your appearance but will be hard for you since you come from ED. Set a goal of 6 months for the first one and eat slightly over maintenance and try not to look at the scale. All your goals should be focused in the gym and lifting heavier this time around. You'll get a tiny bit of fat doing this but not much and when you take that fat off (if you do it slowly) you'll be happier with the muscle.

But not satisfied... You'll have to do it again. 'Cause that is how we roll here.

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree, you do not need to lose any weight. If anything, gain a few pounds.

I did a "recomp" as they say...started at 105 (too skinny), gained 5 pounds, then started hard core heavy lifting and CrossFit 3x a week. I stay steady at 108 now, eat healthy, at least 1700-1900 calories per day depending on my training that day, decreased body fat 2-3% and still fit in all my size 1 and 3's. I don't look skinny, I have definition and feel very good and fit. I cycle the Paleo diet every 2 weeks (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off) and that gave me an extra boost in my fitness level.

So if anything do not decrease calories, eat as many as you feel you need for sure, don't go hungry, and lift, lift, lift!! You will see results.
    Karen

a10derlady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for asking this question because I'm in a similar boat as you. I'm having a hard time losing my last 10 lbs and am eating clean as well. I'm just not losing weight.

So I measured myself, and I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've lost an inch off my waist and hips this past week and a half, so I know I'm losing body fat. But I'm gaining muscle. So I'm happier with my results.

There is some good advice here, and I hope you start to see good results soon!

Yes, definitely some GREAT advice here! I thank you all for sharing your knowledge with me. I have mainly been focusing on lifting. I lift heavy with low reps. My next question is what is more effective. Whole body lifting 3 times a week or each one of those 3 days work different muscle groups? So far I've been focusing on all muscle groups on mondays wednesdays and fridays but have been told that its better to split it up to give more attention to each muscle group so for example Monday chest and back, Wednesday bicepts and tricepts and Friday Shoulders. Ive gotten so used to working all muscle groups in one day that I worry I wont see results if I split it up that way. I want a routine that gives me the most results

goldluderay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldluderay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldluderay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ur allready really small....and underweight most likely...i would just keep up what your doing