Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How to take advantage of going to the gym twice a day? (possible)

I go to gym 4 days a week.

I will go an extra 2-3 times (due to going twice a day) on some of those days because one of my best mates needs spotting / guiding and I want to help him improve so I don't want to say no and be a d*ck.

Basically, monday had chest strength main session midday then came at 8:30PM with him, did light chest, decent shoulders and today (my strength building day usually), I was struggling to rep 10kg under my usual working set.

ANYWAY, main question, how would you lot take advantage of going twice a day? Or will my body get used to going twice a day occasionally?

Registered User JohnKinsellaWho's Avatar
    JohnKinsellaWho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Yutes View Post
    I go to gym 4 days a week.

I will go an extra 2-3 times (due to going twice a day) on some of those days because one of my best mates needs spotting / guiding and I want to help him improve so I don't want to say no and be a d*ck.

Basically, monday had chest strength main session midday then came at 8:30PM with him, did light chest, decent shoulders and today (my strength building day usually), I was struggling to rep 10kg under my usual working set.

ANYWAY, main question, how would you lot take advantage of going twice a day? Or will my body get used to going twice a day occasionally?
    im not sure of your routine/goals but how about some cardio the 2nd time around. i myself go to the gym twice a day when im up at school and i usually throw in some cardio the 2nd time around while i am training someone. also if you do 2 muscles per day then why not do one muscle group the first time you go and the 2nd group the next. just a thought.

jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Or just...don't work out with him? Show him how to do the movements properly with an unloaded bar or a light weight, then just spot? Tis what I do when I help my buds.
    be a lot cooler if you did

Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JohnKinsellaWho View Post
    im not sure of your routine/goals but how about some cardio the 2nd time around. i myself go to the gym twice a day when im up at school and i usually throw in some cardio the 2nd time around while i am training someone. also if you do 2 muscles per day then why not do one muscle group the first time you go and the 2nd group the next. just a thought.
    My main aim is strength. I want increased bench / deadlift and pretty much increased lift on everything. Size is like a side thing which I still care about but not as much.

Cardio sounds like a good idea I guess but your separating the muscles sounds good. I hit at least 2 groups a day so this could work.

Originally Posted by jake1224 View Post
    Or just...don't work out with him? Show him how to do the movements properly with an unloaded bar or a light weight, then just spot? Tis what I do when I help my buds.
    He knows most of the stuff but like, I feel like a **** if I just stand there or jump in with some dumb weight?

jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

He knows most of the stuff but like, I feel like a **** if I just stand there or jump in with some dumb weight?
    Not at all, the point of coaching is to stand there and talk about the exercise, your mentality, form, mind-muscle connection, what it does exactly...I drink a sh*tload of water when I train my friend, cause i'm constantly explaining fundamentals and principles that will help him later.

idec if he listens or not, I just like to brainflex infront of him.
    be a lot cooler if you did

Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Not at all, the point of coaching is to stand there and talk about the exercise, your mentality, form, mind-muscle connection, what it does exactly...I drink a sh*tload of water when I train my friend, cause i'm constantly explaining fundamentals and principles that will help him later.

This.

I've done two a days before, as long as you're doing different muscle groups on each workout you shouldn't have any problems, also make sure you don't do any secondary muscle groups that would interfere with another workout. (ex. Shoulders before chest day)
    You can be as cold as the winter weather but I don't care as long as were together <3

**I REP BACK**
    Just ask.

Yeh I always talk about mentality and the mind muscle connection and encourage it but he has the form fine on most things.

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're doing double sessions, make the AM sessions light and the PM session heavy.

Originally Posted by DanielBeauchamp View Post
    If you're doing double sessions, make the AM sessions light and the PM session heavy.
    Think this sounds like a good idea.

But here's my predicament.

When I go midday = All equipment is USUALLY free to use (one bench in gym).
    When I go at night = People finishing work, most equipment taken.

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Think this sounds like a good idea.

But here's my predicament.

When I go midday = All equipment is USUALLY free to use (one bench in gym).
    When I go at night = People finishing work, most equipment taken.
    If your first session is not in the morning, you can make it your heavy session. Maybe do BW stuff like pull-ups and dips in the evenings.