Thread: Lats...blahhh

CincyMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CincyMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lats...blahhh

Blah I hate mine...my right one is always going to be bigger then my left and they are always going to be small!

What exercise will get them to "flare" the most though? Or what is the best routine for good lats period?

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mix & Match:

Pull up variant
    Row Variant
    Deadlift variant

Voila, you have just hit your back. Keep width and thickness exercises relatively even when designing the workout.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you're looking to widen the lats then focus heavily on rows and pullups, keep form as strict as possible during these exercises as i find that with the lats a good mind-muscle connection is useful. Use a thumbless grip on both exercises, with rows really focus on pulling the bar into your body and contracting your back. Think of pulling with your elbows instead of your arms on these exercises. Once you're rowing 2-3 plates for decent reps and doing pullups with weight strapped to you then your back will have no option but to grow.
    Live dangerously and you live right.

CincyMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CincyMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the quick replies. I might try strapping on 25 lb weights...If that ends up being to much maybe 10-15 haha.

Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by CincyMike View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies. I might try strapping on 25 lb weights...If that ends up being to much maybe 10-15 haha.
    Any weight you can use for reps will be beneficial mate, remember it's a marathon not a sprint.
    Live dangerously and you live right.

IowaHulkeyes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IowaHulkeyes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Straight-arm pulldowns with a good amount of weight and good form are a good way to fire up those lats.

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bent over rows for me are the best possible thing. Switching between 3x5 and 3x12 every few weeks for the best response. Mind-muscle connection is a huge emphasis for me during bent over rows. Moreso than any other exercise. Feels great to be able to get a "full" contraction with every rep. Technique trumps weight for it.

Then weighted chin/pull ups.
    How much grass could an ass to grass squater squat if an ass to grass squater could squat grass?

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    since it hasn't been suggested yet, you could try eating more...

otherwise, i hope you don't always do your cable rows the way you are in the picture.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

csfb36 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) csfb36 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) csfb36 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) csfb36 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) csfb36 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) csfb36 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) csfb36 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) csfb36 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) csfb36 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) csfb36 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) csfb36 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I really noticed a big change when I started using straps on back lifts really allows me to focus on hitting the target muscles.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What exercise will get them to "flare" the most though?
    wide/medium grip hammer pulldowns

i built a decent back with that exercise alone while i was injured and couldn't do rows

Or what is the best routine for good lats period?
    chazz has a good plan above, but you don't HAVE to deadlift for a great back. some people respond to deads, some don't. (in terms of back development)

if you don't want to do deads, a pullup variant and a row variant will do. experiment with hand placement and grips to see what feels/works best for you.

once you see how those two exercises work for you, add other exercises to hit weak points (rear delts/traps)