danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Weight fluctuation... water weight?

After a 7 month cut i reversed my diet slowly and after a few weeks i hit a two week period where my weight stayed the same, i then adjusted my calories by roughly 300-400 a day to give myself a reasonable surplus, the first week after doing this i added just over 2lbs which i assumed would just be water weight, however, the following week i weighed myself to find i had again put on just over 2lbs. Is this likely to be water weight again? The only other answer can be that i'm eating too much or my scales are broken. FYI i also put on about 4lbs when increasing to maintenance, again i assumed this was all water weight.

Stats:
    Height 6'2
    Weight 184lbs
    Current Cals 3450 = 233p 405c 100f [roughly]

danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50) danjamhow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bump

Bump, anyone?

DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1. Unless you are grossly miscalculating your macros, yes, it could definitely be water weight. Did you increase your carbs by a bunch going from your cut into the reverse diet?

2. Give it more than an hour or 2 before you bump your own thread; twice...
    Proud member of the Who Dat Nation since '87!

Sky Dive Crew

Originally Posted by DA_MOSS View Post
    1. Unless you are grossly miscalculating your macros, yes, it could definitely be water weight. Did you increase your carbs by a bunch going from your cut into the reverse diet?

2. Give it more than an hour or 2 before you bump your own thread; twice...
    I didn't increase my carbs drastically no, i gradually increased total calories building up to what i believed was maintenance based on my weight staying the same for two weeks on the bounce, i then increased my calories again to my current total, the increase was around 350 cals so 2lb a week would be ridiculous seeing as a surplus of 1000 cals a day is required for this type of increase and based on a total calorie intake of 3400 at my current size, this certainly doesn't seem to be anywhere near a 1000 calorie surplus.

I now have a suspicion i may have issues with the reliability of the scales i'm using so i need to find a way of weighing myself accurately each time.

I wasn't aware there was any rules on bumping frequency, i just saw my post slipping and wanted to bring it back to the top which is the whole purpose of a bump surely?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Water and glycogen.

If that was a fat gain, you would need a 7000 calorie surplus. Where would that have come from?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Water and glycogen.

If that was a fat gain, you would need a 7000 calorie surplus. Where would that have come from?
    this is what i had suspected, just seemed a bit weird as i seemed to have an increase in water/glycogen in the process of upping my calories to maintenance or is it not possible to add water weight while still in a deficit working towards maintenance?

Is it normal for it to take over a month to completely exhaust the water/glycogen weight gains?

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by danjamhow View Post
    this is what i had suspected, just seemed a bit weird as i seemed to have an increase in water/glycogen in the process of upping my calories to maintenance or is it not possible to add water weight while still in a deficit working towards maintenance?

Is it normal for it to take over a month to completely exhaust the water/glycogen weight gains?
    Also more food in your digestive system too... it all adds up.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823