fsdama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Legs gotten thinner over the past year - need advice to bulken

Hi,

I have noticed that over the last year or so, my legs have started to get thinner and have become an odd shape that resembles those of an old man - thin, out of shape and flabby. If you start from the top of my legs , they start to narrow as you go down forming a V shape. What made me notice this is that I now look odd wearing trousers. My legs are too thin and dont match the rest of my figure.

The trouble is, is that I dont exercise and I spend too much of the day sat down in the office, in the car and back at home. But what I dont understand is the sudden change and why it doesnt happen to other people who also dont exercise.

I now need to start exercising my legs in order to bring them back up to shape. But I need to know what to do and how many of each to do per day. Please bear in mind that I am at work + commuting for 12 hours a day. Realistically I am looking at doing something intense for about 30 mins a day.

My stats : 30 yo, 95kg(209lb), 6'2

Thanks for your help.

IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    hopefully you have access to a gym where you can do a full leg routine. It will take approx 5 days for your legs to recover properly (with adequate nutrition and sleep). Due to this I recommend training em every 5 days to ensure you acquire enough mass. You definitely want squats in there as they are the no1 mass builder for your legs. Here's a good routine.

Squats - 4 sets
    Seated Leg Press - 3 sets
    Leg Extensions OR Lunges - 3 sets
    Leg Curls - 3 sets
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts - 3 sets

Your legs will be sore the next day and it will take a few weeks getting used to but after that you wont even notice it. Also if you aren't familiar with any of these youtube will help a great deal. Good luck mate.
    ==============
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Down In The Dungeon!

Dorian Yates is Uno Numero - Exclusively training HIT

b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    just do back squats and front squats to start
    STRONGMAN Competitor

weighted pull ups- 100X5 Wide grip70X8
    weighted dips-135X4 125X6
    Deadlift-585
    Farmers hold-295 each hand X32sec
    cg incline-265

32 full range pull ups

fsdama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your reples. Accessing a gym would be a bit difficult as I live on the outskirts of the city. But I intend to join one eventually. I intend to start at home at first. I have a weighlifting bar with various weights as well as dumbells.

When you say a 'set' what exactly do you mean. How may squats would a set consist of?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fsdama View Post
    Thanks for your reples. Accessing a gym would be a bit difficult as I live on the outskirts of the city. But I intend to join one eventually. I intend to start at home at first. I have a weighlifting bar with various weights as well as dumbells.

When you say a 'set' what exactly do you mean. How may squats would a set consist of?
    A set is an x number of repetitions of y resistance.

For example, 4 sets of 10 repetitions would be:
    1 set of 10 repetitions
    REST
    1 set of 10 repetitions
    REST
    1 set of 10 repetitions
    REST
    1 set of 10 repetitions
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you jsut starting lifting? If so i'd recommend starting strength if not this routine is pretty decent to start with:

Squats 5x 5-10
    SLDL 5x 8-12
    Seated/Standing calf raises: 6x8-12

You could even add in 3x Hack/Press and/or 3x leg curls. Basic movements, heavy, good form. Not rocket science.

grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you have a barbell and dumbbell at home, just do front squats and lunges. That will probably fulfill your goals with a minimum of fuss.
    GOMAD!