Closed Thread
Page 76 of 148 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 4423
    docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HughMyron View Post
    Is there any reason to not drink as much diet soda as I want?
    So you don't become part of the "Human Spenda Packet Crew"?

If you follow the 3 rules it shouldn't matter. If you're calorie negative, eating 1g/lb protein/day and lifting heavy that's all that really matters

HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pippen336 View Post
    Is this real life?
    This is a thread for noobs like myself, expect me to ask questions.

madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is there any reason to not drink as much diet soda as I want?
    I'd like to hear an answer on this one.
    Just getting started with forums, 2/2012. REP BACK!

El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cheers for responses lads. Appreciated. Next stop, Shreddedville.
    Firefighter crew
    Golf crew
    Sim Racing crew
    5ft10 Tall Manlet crew.

oga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 6'2" and 23 years old.

I've been cutting weight since 220 (July 2011) with an average weight loss of 1lb/week for the first couple of months and then 1.5-2lbs/week after that since I started to add cardio (on top of lifting heavy 4-5 days a week).

I'm currently 170 but I still have a good amount of fat in my lower stomach, lower back, and love handles.

I know there's no way to spot reduce and I need to continue cutting weight but the problem is that I'm beginning to look skinny (I have a decent amount of muscle on) since I'm leaning up in other areas while my fat remains in certain problem areas.

How much longer/further did people have to go than the weight they expected to cut down to?

docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) docmansound is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by oga View Post
    I'm 6'2" and 23 years old.

I've been cutting weight since 220 (July 2011) with an average weight loss of 1lb/week for the first couple of months and then 1.5-2lbs/week after that since I started to add cardio (on top of lifting heavy 4-5 days a week).

I'm currently 170 but I still have a good amount of fat in my lower stomach, lower back, and love handles.

I know there's no way to spot reduce and I need to continue cutting weight but the problem is that I'm beginning to look skinny (I have a decent amount of muscle on) since I'm leaning up in other areas while my fat remains in certain problem areas.

How much longer/further did people have to go than the weight they expected to cut down to?
    Congrats on losing 50lb!! That is something to be proud of.
    If you get your body fat measured (by calipers or hydrostatic testing) then you can calculate your lean body mass. Then multiply that number by 1.1 to find your weight at 10% body fat. You'll look lean when you get in that range.
    If the weight is really low it means you need more muscle mass. In that case, cut to 15% body fat then bulk slowly or keep lifting while maintaining weight to increase LBM.
    Hope that helps.

oga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by docmansound View Post
    Congrats on losing 50lb!! That is something to be proud of.
    If you get your body fat measured (by calipers or hydrostatic testing) then you can calculate your lean body mass. Then multiply that number by 1.1 to find your weight at 10% body fat. You'll look lean when you get in that range.
    If the weight is really low it means you need more muscle mass. In that case, cut to 15% body fat then bulk slowly or keep lifting while maintaining weight to increase LBM.
    Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the reply. I get the LBM calculation and stuff but my problem is that I'm consistently losing weight every week yet instead of seeing changes to my fat, there's no change at all to my problem areas and my muscles look like they're "shrinking." My strength has not decreased since the day I started cutting. Macros are: 175P, 80F, 100C for approx 1800-2000 calories a day (weigh everything on a scale).

PS - I don't have loose skin either. It's definitely fat.

HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) HughMyron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey guys...I had been eating impeccably these last few weeks and have had a horrible relapse these last few days. I have basically pigged out until I felt like exploding and am sure I ruined any progress I made.

The first pig out came because I foolishly treated myself to a "cheat meal", and that turned into a cheat day, which is becoming a cheat week. I told myself I ruined my diet anyway so I might as well keep eating like ****. I am just looking for some words of encouragement right now. I want to get back on track but I feel like I set myself so far back it is hopeless.

Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    the 1.0 lbm/ protein forumula/bro-science is b.s for overweight folks who are 50 lbs [or more] heavier. Forget about that concept until your goal is getting as low at 10-15% body fat.

Just lose it at a steady 1-2 lbs a week, and get around 80 to 110 g of protein a day; with a nutritious balanced diet, and you'll still be good with very minimal muscle loss. People over-emphasize protein too much on these boards.

El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys...I had been eating impeccably these last few weeks and have had a horrible relapse these last few days. I have basically pigged out until I felt like exploding and am sure I ruined any progress I made.

The first pig out came because I foolishly treated myself to a "cheat meal", and that turned into a cheat day, which is becoming a cheat week. I told myself I ruined my diet anyway so I might as well keep eating like ****. I am just looking for some words of encouragement right now. I want to get back on track but I feel like I set myself so far back it is hopeless.
    You implode on the diet because a cheat meal isn't enough for you. How about every 2 weeks on a sat between 6-12pm allow yourself to eat what ever you want? Just work towards that every two weeks and it'll break your long term view of the diet up.

Worth a thought?
    Firefighter crew
    Golf crew
    Sim Racing crew
    5ft10 Tall Manlet crew.

Originally Posted by El Elyon View Post
    You implode on the diet because a cheat meal isn't enough for you. How about every 2 weeks on a sat between 6-12pm allow yourself to eat what ever you want? Just work towards that every two weeks and it'll break your long term view of the diet up.

Worth a thought?
    Yeah not a bad idea. It's just hard to stop once you get going so I'm afraid to ever try it again.

CDNbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CDNbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CDNbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CDNbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CDNbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CDNbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CDNbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CDNbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CDNbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CDNbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CDNbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wutchu brahs eating as a snack when you hungry as fukkkkkkkkkkkkkk right before sleeping

im dyin brahs

pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah not a bad idea. It's just hard to stop once you get going so I'm afraid to ever try it again.
    I do the same thing. Cheating meals are bad news for me. Just remember its a long process and its a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. Totally messing up a week or whatever wont kill you over a year period, just keep moving forward.

Originally Posted by CDNbrah View Post
    wutchu brahs eating as a snack when you hungry as fukkkkkkkkkkkkkk right before sleeping

im dyin brahs
    I always do a protein shake and maybe some popcorn

J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CDNbrah View Post

im dyin brahs
    Usually cottage cheese for me...

bobbyguns18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobbyguns18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobbyguns18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobbyguns18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobbyguns18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobbyguns18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobbyguns18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobbyguns18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobbyguns18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobbyguns18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobbyguns18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by madquick View Post
    Some say aspartame may slow fat loss, but it's better than drinking sugar laden soda. Just cut down on it as its just not good for you in general...
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts."

madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bobbyguns18 View Post
    Some say aspartame may slow fat loss, but it's better than drinking sugar laden soda. Just cut down on it as its just not good for you in general...
    I think Splenda is more common nowadays as a sugar substitute in products.

stringerrawr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink thanks

What a great read. Found it useful .. time to get rid of them lbs

winnyk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Busy woman,
    I would like to share useful post with you...
    Promotion Tools for The Advanced Guide to Fast Weight Loss for Busy Women
    Below is the link:
    http://paydotcom.net/r/5095/winnyk/27023399/

Regards,
    Winny

yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I followed this guide but to no avail

So basically over the past few weeks I've become frustrated at the lack of progress I've been making. My aim is to lose fat.

I'm heading on vacation at the end of August and am fretting the idea of walking on the beech with a belly.

I'm currently is just under 154lbs and 5" 7".

My Diet consists of:

Porridge with Skimmed Milk
    2 Apples
    Skinless Chicken Fillet in a wrap.
    2 Scoops of Protein in a Shake
    3 Omega 3 capsules
    Stir Fry - two chicken fillets with lots of veg

I not sure what the calories for the veg as I make up a big portion of it so its difficult keep tabs.

Total calories is around 1400.

Workout is
    3 Weight Days
    3 Cardio Days ( C25k)

Photos

http://www.imagebam.com/image/04606d179470379

http://www.imagebam.com/image/5d1727179470385

http://www.imagebam.com/image/5ff4a2179470389

Also, Can you guys estimate what BF% I am?

I step on a machine in the gym one morning before breakfast and it said 18% but that can't be right?

I appreciate that I can't spot reduce but need some direction.

Need Advice!

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the reply. I get the LBM calculation and stuff but my problem is that I'm consistently losing weight every week yet instead of seeing changes to my fat, there's no change at all to my problem areas and my muscles look like they're "shrinking." My strength has not decreased since the day I started cutting. Macros are: 175P, 80F, 100C for approx 1800-2000 calories a day (weigh everything on a scale).

PS - I don't have loose skin either. It's definitely fat.
    People usually overestimate the amount of muscle they have and the weight at which they'll look good naked. Muscle isn't easy to come by plain and simple (unless you have "assistance") it takes time and everyone is different.
    It's easy to "look" big when you have a few layers of fat over your muscles but then as you cut down you look and feel smaller since the perception is that your muscle shrink when really it's just the fat.

Everyone's goals are different and you need to go based on your own personal goals. If you feel you want to be bigger and not look skinny then try to add some mass for a few months then resume cutting. If you feel you don't need to be bigger and would rather be cut up then keep going and just live with the fact you're going to be smaller than you originally though then when you start to bulk you'll look better and better (caution: regardless of fat or muscle )

Re: Diet soda
    Originally Posted by madquick View Post
    Originally Posted by bobbyguns18 View Post
    This is one of those touchy "health" subjects with many opinions on the matter.... however as far as I know nothing has been proven or disproven when it comes to aspertame. Some people live on it (gallons per day) and others sware it off. Personally when I'm going for something fizzy I'd rather it have no calories (exception: beer ) and I don't carry a stigma toward aspertame.

As with everything in life, moderation is key.

Originally Posted by yesbuddie View Post

Need Advice!
    If you're not losing weight your not following one of the rules

Your diet looks like it could be more than 1400 calories.
    What do you do for a living? You don't sound very big to begin with but if you're inactive that will impact your calorie requirements further.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

Originally Posted by yesbuddie View Post

So basically over the past few weeks I've become frustrated at the lack of progress I've been making. My aim is to lose fat.

I'm heading on vacation at the end of August and am fretting the idea of walking on the beech with a belly.

I'm currently is just under 154lbs and 5" 7".

My Diet consists of:

Porridge with Skimmed Milk
    2 Apples
    Skinless Chicken Fillet in a wrap.
    2 Scoops of Protein in a Shake
    3 Omega 3 capsules
    Stir Fry - two chicken fillets with lots of veg

I not sure what the calories for the veg as I make up a big portion of it so its difficult keep tabs.

Total calories is around 1400.

Workout is
    3 Weight Days
    3 Cardio Days ( C25k)

Photos

http://www.imagebam.com/image/04606d179470379

http://www.imagebam.com/image/5d1727179470385

http://www.imagebam.com/image/5ff4a2179470389

Also, Can you guys estimate what BF% I am?

I step on a machine in the gym one morning before breakfast and it said 18% but that can't be right?

I appreciate that I can't spot reduce but need some direction.

Need Advice!
    I am not an expert - but perhaps mix up the cardio? Do something different - like treadmill instead of elliptical. Like HIIT on treadmill instead of steady 150 heart rate, like multiple machines in 1 session.
    I can't see your image to estimate bodyfat.
    Also, 1400 calories with being 5'7" 154 lbs seems low. I would eat more, and do more cardio. More as in 5 days week, maybe more than once a day.

The one thing I do know, is if you are not getting the results you want, and have been putting time in, be willing to make some adjustments.

There is no way you are eating 1400 calories, training 6 times a week and not losing weight unless your metabolism has completely crashed. Even if your metabolism has crashed you'd still see some, albeit slow, progress. You're either eating a lot more than you think or your metabolism really has crashed badly (which i doubt it if you're getting eating sufficient protein, which it looks like you are). If you have re calculated your daily calories and it still comes up as 1400 then i'd suggest doing what the dude above me says - Eat more calories (2000) and do cardio on everyday week day as well as the weights. This might help to boost your metabolism and get the fat burning going again. Then drop down the cals at a slower rate.
    Firefighter crew
    Golf crew
    Sim Racing crew
    5ft10 Tall Manlet crew.

......................... samsumon's Avatar
    samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a question, I just have no time to sit down and figure out my micros or macros..Is there a proven diet that I can just go to Wal-mart and pick the stuff and cook everything at home..Im trying to cut down,have a fantastic workout routine and hit the cardio area as I should,but I know my diet is horrible since eI do go to school and work almost full time!!!

So,any ideas? Easy but something I can enjoy,and not feel like being on a diet is killing my soul.
    !@!@!@!@!!@!

thelems is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelems is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelems is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelems is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelems is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelems is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelems is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelems is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelems is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelems is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelems is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Does this look right?

5"7 147

BMR of 1669.51
    total caloric requirement = 1669 * 1.2 = 2000
    lose weight: 2000 - 20% = 1600

trying to lose weight. Can see my abs well if I flex. If I don't flex it's hard to notice them. I know... I'm pretty small, but honestly I don't fit into my medium shirts anymore and am unwilling to gain the size to go to large.

JaBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just switched from a bulk to a cut. I think my maintenance is 2900 calories. I will adjust my calories if my progress is not going the way I want it too.

Bulk
    Calories 3100-3300
    Carbs: 400
    Protein: 220
    Fat: 90

Cut
    Calories 2500-2700
    Carbs: 300
    Protein: 200
    Fat: 75

Is the drop in the calories and macronutrition too much? Appreciated any other advice too!

Sabo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sup,

How do I count calories? (Especially if there is no data on the packaging)
    How do I precisely find out about my daily kcal burning? (Found some calculators but every1 always shows something different)

gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How do I count calories? (Especially if there is no data on the packaging)
    How do I precisely find out about my daily kcal burning? (Found some calculators but every1 always shows something different)
    If it comes prepackaged in a box its probably terrible for you, that being said a lot of product like fresh fruits, veggies and meat don't have labels. How do you count them? Get a scale. It's the most accurate way to count any calories to be honest because you can't cheat yourself.

If you have a smartphone get an app that helps keep track of calories or use a computer to get the information off of the web.

As far as figuring out you BMR, there are plenty of calculators out there and they're only going to be as accurate as you've experienced thus far, everyone is different. I would use a few different algorithms and take a mean value from them - start there and adjust up or down in a few weeks depending on if you're gaining/losing too much.
    “It is not so much the major events as the small day-to-day decisions that map the course of our living. . . Our lives are, in reality, the sum total of our seemingly unimportant decisions and of our capacity to live by those decisions.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley

pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I still dont rly know how to handle stuff like steak, which has like 200 different variants of calories and macros per ounce listed on programs like myfitnesspal.

Sabo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gwem32170191 View Post
    If it comes prepackaged in a box its probably terrible for you, that being said a lot of product like fresh fruits, veggies and meat don't have labels. How do you count them? Get a scale. It's the most accurate way to count any calories to be honest because you can't cheat yourself.

If you have a smartphone get an app that helps keep track of calories or use a computer to get the information off of the web.

As far as figuring out you BMR, there are plenty of calculators out there and they're only going to be as accurate as you've experienced thus far, everyone is different. I would use a few different algorithms and take a mean value from them - start there and adjust up or down in a few weeks depending on if you're gaining/losing too much.

Ok.
    And til now I mostly did Cardio. 6 Times a week (and some light Lifting) and I lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks. Yesterday i discovered this thread, and there isn't any word about Cardio. But how will I lose weight/fat when I train 3 times a week, and drink 3 proteinshakes a day. I tried this before, cutting and lifting weights, but hadn't any progress. My muscles got bigger, but I didn't lose any weigth/visible fat?

What am I doing wrong?

+

Day1: 3 x Chest, 2 x Biceps, 1 x Abs

How do I read this? 3 x Chest, means 3 Chest-Excercises? How many reps?
    Last edited by Sabo22; 03-15-2012 at 06:18 AM.

High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how should I keep track of the amount of weight lost each week whilst taking creatine. I just started taking it 2 weeks ago and noticed a sudden increase in my weight (I know it's water weight but still...)

or just disregard scale and acquire mirror ?
    ''The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights.'' - Muhammad Ali

“Cus was a strong believer that in your mind you had to be the entity you wanted to be. If you wanted to be heavyweight champion of the world, you had to start living the life of a heavyweight champion…- iron mike

"'No' doesn't mean no, 'no' means work on the neck, the nipples, try back in five minutes" - a wise man

Closed Thread