Closed Thread
Page 146 of 148 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,380 of 4426
    wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by qjz123 View Post
    1.) Are carbs something I should stress about or
    2.) am I good as long as I hit my protein and Calorie goals?
    1.) No.
    2.) Yes.
    SchleichDiDuOaschloch

How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

husicigor10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any suggest

hi everyone

My name is Igor (not speaking english very good)

kg- 105
    cm- 189
    age- 20

my body contain half fat half muscle, but on the eye I look stronger then I look fat

i want to loose fat and get more muscle

so my question for you is should i go on bulking first then on cutting

or first cutting then bulking

and how often should I switch between these two options

or is there any other option where in the same time I can loose fat and getting muscle (i thinks there isnt but im not 100% sure)

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by husicigor10 View Post
    hi everyone

My name is Igor (not speaking english very good)

kg- 105
    cm- 189
    age- 20

my body contain half fat half muscle, but on the eye I look stronger then I look fat

i want to loose fat and get more muscle

so my question for you is should i go on bulking first then on cutting

or first cutting then bulking

and how often should I switch between these two options

or is there any other option where in the same time I can loose fat and getting muscle (i thinks there isnt but im not 100% sure)
    If you follow the first post of this thread, you will most probably do just that, building muscle while losing fat.
    SchleichDiDuOaschloch

How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

Hirleybenson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for the great tips OP. I will follow those tips you shared.

nksan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm glad I found this thread. I'm dying (not literally) to move my body fat % from the 20% where it has been stubbornly hovering to around 10-15%. I've been working out every day with very little to show for it. Was superfrustrated and kind of fell off, but I'm getting back on. Just had to share that steaming, thanks.

- Assuming that Wave_Lengths original (or second) post still makes sense,
    -- How much time should one wait between sets? (1 minute?)
    -- Is it really recommended to go for 15-16 reps per set?
    -- Is Wave_Length's comment about going to failure applicable to all regular sets or after one completes the 3 regular sets?
    -- Would it be *bad* to do cardio on the off days?

Thanks....

Originally Posted by nksan View Post
    I'm glad I found this thread. I'm dying (not literally) to move my body fat % from the 20% where it has been stubbornly hovering to around 10-15%. I've been working out every day with very little to show for it. Was superfrustrated and kind of fell off, but I'm getting back on. Just had to share that steaming, thanks.

1.) - Assuming that Wave_Lengths original (or second) post still makes sense,
    2.) -- How much time should one wait between sets? (1 minute?)
    3.) -- Is it really recommended to go for 15-16 reps per set?
    4.) -- Is Wave_Length's comment about going to failure applicable to all regular sets or after one completes the 3 regular sets?
    5.) -- Would it be *bad* to do cardio on the off days?

Thanks....
    1.) I hope so.
    2.) Depends on the individual.
    3.) It's 6-15. But those are just ballpark figures, there are training programs incorporating even lower or higher reps than that.
    4.) Again, there are training programs with different philosophies in regard to going to failure and how often so. I just described one possible method. How many sets you do overall also varies. Just try to find out what yields the best progress for you. And when it doesn't anymore, try something else.
    5.) No.

Hope that helps, good luck!
    SchleichDiDuOaschloch

romjke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good job mate

romjke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You don't have to stress out while consuming carbs as long as you meet your calories target,

Registered User Wannabstronger1's Avatar
    Wannabstronger1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey dude, nice thread was super helpful,but i would like to know if my source of protein can be mainly from supplements(mostly protein bars) cos im a vegetarian and dont get enough protein through that. Fyi i weigh 187 pounds and am 6'4

Originally Posted by Wannabstronger1 View Post
    Hey dude, nice thread was super helpful,but i would like to know if my source of protein can be mainly from supplements(mostly protein bars) cos im a vegetarian and dont get enough protein through that. Fyi i weigh 187 pounds and am 6'4
    Yes.
    SchleichDiDuOaschloch

1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It really is not hard to lose body fat. Just eat at a slight caloric deficit over a prolonged period of time (usually a few months, but it depends on your starting body fat level). Reduce your carbohydrate intake while increasing your protein intake while remaining at a caloric deficit and keep training hard (heavy and high volume). In time your body will burn the fat for energy.
    " THE GREAT ONE "

stranger187777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For a guy 6'2 tall, what the optimum weight?

reaper0528 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Helped clear up a few questions I had thanks for the post!
    Height: 6'3
    Weight: 195

1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It depends on your bone structure, your body type, your metabolism and starting muscle/fat mass. I am 6'2" myself.

Originally Posted by stranger187777 View Post
    For a guy 6'2 tall, what the optimum weight?
    " THE GREAT ONE "

Originally Posted by ahmedok View Post
    thanks
    No problem!
    " THE GREAT ONE "

dwats42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This thread is definitely popular and seems good. I need some help. Im 14, 5 foot 7 and weigh 157. Im trying to cut the fat and build muscle and i go to the gym monday wednesday and friday. My first weigh in before i hit the gym on monday (last week, ive just started) was 154 and i weighed myself today (9 days after) and im 157. Is it normal or am i doing something wrong. I lift weights at the gym and my nutrition atm is a protein bar in the morning, then since i have school all i have for lunch is a ham and cheese sandwich and water, and when i get home i have a plate of salad and veggies or fruits with a small, trust me i mean small, cup of whatever my dad makes (he cooks a lot of fat stuff like mac n cheese, spaghetti, boxed ribs and stuff like that so i keep the serve size on that very very small) and i have another plate of the same thing a few hours later, and usually eat some sort of meat every other day and throughout the day, 1-2 yogurts, and on the days i workout i have whey right after. Someone please tell me what to change or am I doing anything wrong? Thanks guys
    Last edited by dwats42; 10-18-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Originally Posted by dwats42 View Post
    This thread is definitely popular and seems good. I need some help. Im 14, 5 foot 7 and weigh 157. Im trying to cut the fat and build muscle and i go to the gym monday wednesday and friday. My first weigh in before i hit the gym on monday (last week, ive just started) was 154 and i weighed myself today (9 days after) and im 157. Is it normal or am i doing something wrong. I lift weights at the gym and my nutrition atm is a protein bar in the morning, then since i have school all i have for lunch is a ham and cheese sandwich and water, and when i get home i have a plate of salad and veggies or fruits with a small, trust me i mean small, cup of whatever my dad makes (he cooks a lot of fat stuff like mac n cheese, spaghetti, boxed ribs and stuff like that so i keep the serve size on that very very small) and i have another plate of the same thing a few hours later, and usually eat some sort of meat every other day and throughout the day, 1-2 yogurts, and on the days i workout i have whey right after. Someone please tell me what to change or am I doing anything wrong? Thanks guys
    You're not doing anything wrong per say. One thing you need to understand is that you're still very young, and your body is still growing, hence you don't want to effect your growth plates too much, therefore, be careful with lifting very heavy. In regards to growth, just try to eat more than you usually do. To grow you need to progressively overload the weight that you're using and eat a caloric surplus. So what you're eating may not not be enough. If you're active and I assume you are the body will burn fat for energy. You don't need to be super lean (shredded) unless you are a competitive bodybuilder. If that's what you want to do fine, but take your time to grow and develop, there is no rush.
    " THE GREAT ONE "

dwats42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 1ATOMIC1 View Post
    You're not doing anything wrong per say. One thing you need to understand is that you're still very young, and your body is still growing, hence you don't want to effect your growth plates too much, therefore, be careful with lifting very heavy. In regards to growth, just try to eat more than you usually do. To grow you need to progressively overload the weight that you're using and eat a caloric surplus. So what you're eating may not not be enough. If you're active and I assume you are the body will burn fat for energy. You don't need to be super lean (shredded) unless you are a competitive bodybuilder. If that's what you want to do fine, but take your time to grow and develop, there is no rush.

Ok. Im not looking to get super shredded but i do want a bit of definition and tone in muscle to set a waypoint I can follow a few years down when I develop completely and can look jacked without that stereotypical 'wide' body that a bodybuilder has if you get what im saying. My trainer today said I definitely need to eat more. He said eat like im fat but not with fat food so im definitely gonna be upping how much i eat. Any suggestions on how much I should be having per meal if im having 4 meals per day along with snacks thruout the day? Thanks!

Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So Im still understanding this new method of eating I've adopted from a suggestion by a very knowledgeable member here and I just wanted more insight on it.

I run a modified version of F5 MWF, My TDEE for maintenance is about 2400-2600 (Depending on my weight since I was 203 now it says I'm 199.4) and my suggested intake for a deficit is about 2100 (But I eat to 2k only)

On workout days I eat to about maintenance 2400-2500ish.

On nonworkout days I do IF (16 hour fast 8 hr eating window) And eat in a 400-500 deficit at 2k calories. All rough estimates as I don't feel like opening my log up to give exact exact numbers.

My idea is to one keep my strength progression moving forward with some muscle growth on workout days, As well as making sure my metabolism doesn't slow down or stall. So MWF I'm eating to my bodys maintenance. Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun I'm fasting and eating 400-500 deficit. I believe this is helping me from overeating in a sense that I look forward to workout days not just to lift, but to eat more food and that my body metabolism will be running high to burn the fat.

I also incorporate some cardio/hit and ISO work on Tues-Thurs depending on my schedule.
    USN Vet, Student, Loser.

Goals

12-15% BF -Goal met 5/26/2017 at around 10-13%
    1000LB Club - Goal met 11/9/2017. S/B/D 405lb/305lb/425lb 1135 total
    Look like I lift.

Me logging my pathetic lifts. - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174152951&p=1506677001#post1506677001

Originally Posted by Metalmank View Post
    So Im still understanding this new method of eating I've adopted from a suggestion by a very knowledgeable member here and I just wanted more insight on it.

I run a modified version of F5 MWF, My TDEE for maintenance is about 2400-2600 (Depending on my weight since I was 203 now it says I'm 199.4) and my suggested intake for a deficit is about 2100 (But I eat to 2k only)

On workout days I eat to about maintenance 2400-2500ish.

On nonworkout days I do IF (16 hour fast 8 hr eating window) And eat in a 400-500 deficit at 2k calories. All rough estimates as I don't feel like opening my log up to give exact exact numbers.

My idea is to one keep my strength progression moving forward with some muscle growth on workout days, As well as making sure my metabolism doesn't slow down or stall. So MWF I'm eating to my bodys maintenance. Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun I'm fasting and eating 400-500 deficit. I believe this is helping me from overeating in a sense that I look forward to workout days not just to lift, but to eat more food and that my body metabolism will be running high to burn the fat.

I also incorporate some cardio/hit and ISO work on Tues-Thurs depending on my schedule.

First of all, what you need to understand is that you won't be able to get stronger if you're eating enough. At first you're body will be able to maintain the strength that you have but as the calories decrease below maintenance or you're on maintenance then you won't progress and will probably get weaker. What people don't understand is that you can not get stronger or grow muscle mass without body fat, which should be at least between 9-12%. Fat regulates the endocrine system (hormones) and without the body won't do anything. The ones that are super-lean and seem to be growing, are on the juice, but a lying to you. The body physically can not grow without fat. There might be extreme, genetic outliers, but the chance of them taking up fitness or bodybuilding/powerlifting is very, VERY LOW.

If anything I would recommend to eat about 200-300 calories above maintenance, and to compensate, train a bit harder and do an extra 10 minutes of cardio per day (running)
    " THE GREAT ONE "

Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 1ATOMIC1 View Post
    First of all, what you need to understand is that you won't be able to get stronger if you're eating enough. At first you're body will be able to maintain the strength that you have but as the calories decrease below maintenance or you're on maintenance then you won't progress and will probably get weaker. What people don't understand is that you can not get stronger or grow muscle mass without body fat, which should be at least between 9-12%. Fat regulates the endocrine system (hormones) and without the body won't do anything. The ones that are super-lean and seem to be growing, are on the juice, but a lying to you. The body physically can not grow without fat. There might be extreme, genetic outliers, but the chance of them taking up fitness or bodybuilding/powerlifting is very, VERY LOW.

If anything I would recommend to eat about 200-300 calories above maintenance, and to compensate, train a bit harder and do an extra 10 minutes of cardio per day (running)
    Yes I'm aware of the plateau that comes with a deficit / maintenance. I'm still somewhat in the noobie gains phase still and my BF is between 20-25% So I have plenty to use / rid of. I don't plan on seriously focusing on putting on mass until I at least hit 15% BF. My question was directed at more would it still be optimal to eat at maintenance on workout days and 400-500 deficit on non lifting days to continue fat loss and possible on lifting days gain some small amount of size overtime (I'm not expecting to get massive or see substantial gains as I know you have to bulk in order to get size). I figured my eating pattern would keep my metabolism HIGH because on non lifting days I would eat in a deficit, Lifting days I would eat to maintenace. Would this not promote a higher metabolism + fat loss with a strength program + some cardio/ISO work on off days?
    USN Vet, Student, Loser.

Goals

12-15% BF -Goal met 5/26/2017 at around 10-13%
    1000LB Club - Goal met 11/9/2017. S/B/D 405lb/305lb/425lb 1135 total
    Look like I lift.

Me logging my pathetic lifts. - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174152951&p=1506677001#post1506677001

MayoJr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi,

I never eat over 1000 calories a day. In fact, I'm averaging like 800 calories. I eat tuna, chicken, salad, brown bread, brown pasta and quinoa during the week. I'm being careful with the quantities aswell.

Now I burn between 1000 and 1200 calories on the stationary bicycle at the gym 5 days a week. Is that good enough to lose a lot of weight and fat?

Thank you.

Originally Posted by MayoJr View Post
    Hi,

I never eat over 1000 calories a day. In fact, I'm averaging like 800 calories. I eat tuna, chicken, salad, brown bread, brown pasta and quinoa during the week. I'm being careful with the quantities aswell.

Now I burn between 1000 and 1200 calories on the stationary bicycle at the gym 5 days a week. Is that good enough to lose a lot of weight and fat?

Thank you.
    You eat about 800-1000 kcals a day and burn off 1000-1200 kcals a day with cardio alone?
    SchleichDiDuOaschloch

JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Weight lifting is one of many ways to keep your body fit and trim. Karate, yoga, bicycling, aerobics, and basically any exercise schedule that you can actually stick to will do. The first step is to find something that you will stick with. After that, add in specific pieces to gain specific results.
    For me, I am at a good weight. Well maybe I could knock off another 5 pounds or so. But maintaining this desirable weight is almost as hard as when I was losing weight. It's like my body knows I am no longer overweight, and works to prevent me from losing more. The good news, though, is that I am no longer "dieting", but instead am "eating different sets of foods". Probably this mean exactly the same from a legalese point of view, but from a psychological standpoint they are vastly different. And I don't miss the foods I no longer eat or drink, even when these foods and drinks are right in front of me. Health maintenance is a never ending battle. However, it is probably one of the ones most worth fighting.

KateF2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great insights,
    you can add water to your daily diet. Drink more water before and after exercise and before meal and make sure to have a good sleep.

vertjump77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice post, I want to follow these rules

mjm6502 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile 73 pounds later...

I lost 73 pounds and have been succesful at keeping the weight off. I could sit here and preach to you how I did it...or you can just take a look at my channel and watch as I take you through step by step. Trust me, I have been where you are, I know what rock bottom feels like. It sucks. Take it from me, it will get better

Youtube Search: 73 Pounds Later! Welcome!

Lean mean cutting machine BaseJumper's Avatar
    BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm glad to see this thread is still going strong.
    Educate'em all, Wave!
    My whey or the highway!

October 08th 2017

Originally Posted by BaseJumper View Post
    I'm glad to see this thread is still going strong.
    Educate'em all, Wave!
    Thanks man, glad to see you still around too!
    SchleichDiDuOaschloch

BogoSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question

Hello,
    Any tips to lose fat as a vegan? I'm just not sure how to lose all the fat as a vegan. I feel it's hard for me to get the amount of protein someone does through meat. I do eat tofu, but I feel like I don't see the results with the amount of protein I'm getting.