kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking Gonna Bulk for the first time

I have read many articles but I just need a little reassuring...

I am at 16% bf and my plan is to bulk until May 1st. Then start cutting again for a few months and then repeat cycle)
    My long term goal- michellerowen.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/michael_jacob.jpg (obviously will take a couple of years)
    Alright so, first I read I need to eat more then my maintenance calories. My first question is how much more? 400-500 is okay?

Second, do I clean bulk or dirty bulk to reach my above goal?

Third, I realize I will gain bf% while bulking. To make it minimal should I eat clean?

Appreciate any answers.

KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    whats your height and weight? have any photos?
    "You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan

kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i54.tinypic.com/vsl2rr.jpg
    i55.tinypic.com/t06fls.jpg
    I am almost 6 feet and only at 160 pounds. With bf as high as mine I have really no muscles.

umm anyone else?

blasian541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blasian541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blasian541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blasian541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blasian541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how were you able to find the percentage of your body fat? I would give advice but i've only been working out for 2 months now.

KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can see your ribs, you def need to bulk. Not even close. Just take the sodas, candies, sugars completely out of your diet and look toward things high in protein. Staples in the community are tuna, chicken, oats, whole wheat bread, steak, milk, peanut butter, peanuts, etc..

Nutrition- (this really only touches on it, just search the forum keyword "nutrition" or something similar and take notes and read threads, as knowledge is going to help you gain)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120615291

As for a routine just go with rippetoes, read the thread (its a sticky) and ask your questions there. Good luck.
    "You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan

Originally Posted by KSwoosh View Post
    I can see your ribs, you def need to bulk. Not even close. Just take the sodas, candies, sugars completely out of your diet and look toward things high in protein. Staples in the community are tuna, chicken, oats, whole wheat bread, steak, milk, peanut butter, peanuts, etc..

Nutrition- (this really only touches on it, just search the forum keyword "nutrition" or something similar and take notes and read threads, as knowledge is going to help you gain)

As for a routine just go with rippetoes, read the thread (its a sticky) and ask your questions there. Good luck.
    Awesome thanks. I will post again every 50 days to post updates. Yeah I am some sort of skinny fat. It sucks but I hope I am on the right path to change my look.

SamS505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamS505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamS505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamS505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamS505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamS505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamS505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamS505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamS505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamS505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamS505 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "Clean bulk" bro. Why would you wanna add weight if most of it won't be quality?
    You're so new to this that i bet you'll actually drop some bodyfat as you add size just from cleaning up your diet and training seriously.

Good Luck
    "Heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest, and I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about how He loves us"

Originally Posted by SamS505 View Post
    "Clean bulk" bro. Why would you wanna add weight if most of it won't be quality?
    You're so new to this that i bet you'll actually drop some bodyfat as you add size just from cleaning up your diet and training seriously.

Good Luck
    Thanks. I am actually really excited. I have been cutting since 3 months and now I can eat normal or even extra but still be doing something beneficial to my body. I can't wait till tomorrow now haha.

Of course I will do a clean bulk.