Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the update, was thinking about you guys the other day. Sounds like things are going great and rolling right along. With the workout switch, has anything sufferd??

Im going to be joining you soon in the cut too
    Lukus Ehlis
    B.S. Exercise Science
    IFPA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    ---------------------------------
    YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ehlisl
    Instagram:
    http://instagram.com/ehlisl
    Twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/ehlisl
    Blog : Trove26
    http://www.trove-26.blogspot.com

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Abs at 225? I'd be happy to have abs at 195. lol
    x2 exept quad separation....me holds no fat on abs, but same point, lean at 195 would rock let alone 225

tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jason, I am glad to see you and your family are doing well. Oh, and glad to see your starting your prep soon, right- for the Minnesota???

Originally Posted by J_Bo View Post
    Yo Yo Yo

Just checking in with everyone who has been following along this offseason.

With coaching and working, I've had very little time to post BUT workouts have not been suffering! They've been shorter, but still intense. Just coaching a few hours a day, I've been burning through some extra Kcals. Macros have stayed relatively consistent, so with the added output I've actually dropped around 5 lbs, but strength has stayed pretty good. I'm liking the changes I'm seeing. I'm sitting at 225 with full out separation in my quads and veins are starting to poke through pretty good. Abs are finally coming out. At 5'10, I'm happy with having abs @ 225 any day. I'm gonna keep up clean eating until I get to about 215. That's the point for me where I'd really have to get into prep mode to be able to push it much further. I had my macros set, got a feel for them, and then have been winging it since. So I'm sure there's a decent amount of variance, but I think I can use this method to get down to 215. Once I'm down there, I'm gonna up carbs a bit and maybe (subsequently) some fat and slowly bring it back up to 225, where I'm at now and hopefully look pretty tight at this weight.

Life is good right now. I'm loving coaching, even though it presents it's challeneges. I am super excited to start teaching on sep 6th. I have already planned out 6 weeks worth of units and made up all the material (tests, study guides, lesson plan, etc.. ) Britt and baby Jet are doing well, which is a blessing after the surgeries and all. I'm about to get a promotion at work which will help alleviate a bit of the monetary stress that comes with all this stuff going on at once. AND bodybuilding stuff in staying on track.. couldn't ask for more!
    Natural Pro Bodybuilder

My official fanbook page: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/IFPA-PRO-Ty-Dinh/149463188455189

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/TyDin

Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jason,
    We are glad everyone is doing well, including yourself!!!! Take care and good luck with the upcoming prep!!!!

Brian
    Check out our Supplement and Fitness Clothing Line! http://www.beyonddriven.com

Brian Ahlstrom
    IFPA, NGA and PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Beyond Driven - www.beyonddriven.com and www.facebook.com/wearebeyonddriven
    Ahlstrom Fitness Consulting- www.facebook.com/ahlstromfitnessconsulting
    @YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/AhlstromFitness and http://www.youtube.com/BeyondDriven
    Follow us on Twitter @ahlstromfitness and @werbeyonddriven
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0VNOcV74Es&feature=plcp

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hmmm... not so much exceeding expectations in here lol.

Quick update on life.

I finished student teaching. My wife and I moved back to where we're from, so Jet could be close to his family. Unfortunately, the only gym in the area is a snap fitness that considers a smith machine to be their free weight area. They have no rack or bench or anything. They do have DB's... but only up to 100 lbs. So needless to say, I haven't been progressing a ton. I make due with what I have and continue to work hard, but it's not the same.

I recently was hired at the small high school my wife graduated from! They have a weight room that has all the essentials (DB's still only go up to 110 lbs). They have barbells and racks, which is really all I need. I finally free weight squatted for the first time in 8 MONTHS! Muscle strength still is there, but stability is no where to be found! I hit 495 for 3 decent reps, but felt wobbly as all get out. I also tried free weight bench press for the first time in just as long. I hit 365, just to see where I was at. Might try deads today, even though still sore from squatting yesterday, but what the heck? Hope to hit at least 605, but we'll see!

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Yeah! Good to have you back!
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah! Good to have you back!
    Thanks Erick!

Just got back from Deadlifting!

What fun to do those again... oh how I missed them

Ended up hitting 615 x 3, which I was surprised by. I've been doing them on the smith, but didn't think it would carry over that well.

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good to have you back Jason. Tripled 495 on the squat and 615 on the deadlift. Sounds like you are in the wrong section, the female teen misc is more appropriate...

Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    615 for a triple while only doing Smith Machine DLs for months... Do you even lift?
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Good to have you back Jason. Tripled 495 on the squat and 615 on the deadlift. Sounds like you are in the wrong section, the female teen misc is more appropriate...

I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!

615 for a triple while only doing Smith Machine DLs for months... Do you even lift?
    No. I just take whey protein to gain muscle.

STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah buddy!

ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ...and someone was worried Great to hear from you J!!
    Lukus Ehlis
    B.S. Exercise Science
    IFPA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ehlisl
    Instagram:
    http://instagram.com/ehlisl
    Twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/ehlisl
    Blog : Trove26
    http://www.trove-26.blogspot.com

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The freak show is back! Trains in a ladies gym for almost a year and still out lifts nearly everyone, wtf

Originally Posted by STEVO_SWD View Post
    Yeah buddy!
    Who are you? When you gonna come visit?

Originally Posted by ehlisl View Post
    ...and someone was worried Great to hear from you J!!
    Well I got a lot of time to make up for still! Good to hear from you, as well!

Originally Posted by domingochavez View Post
    The freak show is back! Trains in a ladies gym for almost a year and still out lifts nearly everyone, wtf
    Thanks DC. lol@ ladies gym.

8.14.12- Shoulders

Might as well post a workout, then, since I'm trying to get rolling again

Shoulders
    Seated DB Overhead Presses

80's x 12
    100's x 10
    110's x 8, 6

Side Laterals
    5 sets

Bent Over Rear Delt Laterals
    3 sets

DB Front Laterals
    3 sets

BB Shrugs
    405 x 20
    495 x 12 (3 sets)

Seated DB Overhead Presses
    100's x 8

First time with 110's in 8 months. Unfortunately, that's as heavy as they get, so now I just have to get to bangin out sets of 20!

---------------------------------------------------------------

All American EFX Supps
    K-otic
    Kre Alkalyn Powder
    Test Charge
    Vita Drive
    Cell Rush
    Glutazorb
    ZMA

Please continue to post your workouts. They're great for reminding me how weak I am!

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dunno how but JUST found this log!!! Gots lots to catch up on!

subbed
    advertising not permitted

Please continue to post your workouts. They're great for reminding me how weak I am!
    Oh whatever on you being weak. You're clearly wearing your silly pants!

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    Dunno how but JUST found this log!!! Gots lots to catch up on!

subbed
    Not your fault. I haven't posted in here since you joined!

AM Workout

Squats
    495 x 3
    545 x 3
    495 x 5

Bench Press
    275 x 12
    315 x 6
    335 x 5
    365 x 2
    315 x 5

Front Squat
    315 x 5
    365 x 3
    405 x 2

PM Workout

Leg Extensions
    3 sets to failure (30 sec tbs)

then immediately

Smith Machine Front Squats
    1 set to failure

then immediately

Leg Extensions
    1 set to failure

Seated Leg Curls
    3 quintuple drop sets to failure @ each weight

Calf Raises
    3 sets to failure

------------------------------------------------------------

So right now I'm kinda separating my strength training from my hypertrophy training, so I can focus on bringing strength up, but then go overload the muscle for some growth.

Retired Pro W/C Bodybuild RichKnapp's Avatar
    RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Glad to see you back. Whent threw your updates and have to say kind of looks like your body liked the recovery break.

Now it time for "Game on"

Congrats on the job. ^5.
    50+ year old stubborn mule. Follow along at
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177980091&pagenumber=

Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
    Glad to see you back. Whent threw your updates and have to say kind of looks like your body liked the recovery break.

Now it time for "Game on"

Congrats on the job. ^5.
    Thanks Rich!

Good call on my body liking the break. Maybe getting away from super heavy free weights for a while helped me recoup (especially my joints), which is probably why I'm feeling so strong right now. Now I just gotta make sure to slow down and not overdo it and put my body right back where it was.