Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

~Exceed Expectaions~ J Bo's AAEFX/3DMJ Style Offseason Mission

What it is yo?

Rewind
    Last Season, I embarked on a nearly year long contests prep. As is the case with most, it was a rollercoaster of ups and downs. The biggest highlights along the way were: being selected as a part of team All American EFX, and being selected as an inaugural "Team 3DMJ Sponsored Athlete"! Our goal was to show that just because it's your first time competing doesn't mean you have to have limitations. We went out to turn some heads, and maybe even vie for a Pro Card....

So what happened?

We accomplished the first goal and came pretty close to the ultimate goal. In my first show, I went to the middle of my class (in the open pro qualifying division) and hung out there the rest of the night... winning my class and moving on to the Overall. I was beat fairly and squarely by a couple awesome seasoned competitors... But I hung with them and gave it a good run. A SHREDDED short class winner from England blew everyone away with his bone dry conditioning to take the title.

After seeing being beaten by a 130 something pound guy, at around a 205 lb stage weight, I wanted to come in leaner for my next show. Team 3DMJ set up a plan to do that...BUT I got pigheaded and took matters into my own hands. Overdoing it, going into my next show. I came in lighter, but flatter, and without the same "pop". I didn't gain a "visual" conditioning advantage by doing this, and lost some of my would-be overwhelming size advantage.

I took 3rd in a STACKED Medium height class.... the eventual Pro Card winner came out of our class with great conditioning, and aesthetics, balance, and good muscularity. I felt like I let myself, my coaches, my wife, and everyone who supported me down. I had such high expectations for myself, that when I didn't meet them, it hit me really hard.

First Show

Second Show

Post Shows
    So after my second and final showing of the season, I was going through some post contest depression and was struggling to "get my groove back". Just when I thought I was getting there, My wife's father was in a horrific accident. He ended up spening six or seven weeks on life support, in a hospital over 5 hours away. Every day we weren't working, we were going back and forth, and with my already diminished drive, it made it easy to stop training all together.

Thank God, my father-in-law pulled through... But while he still has his life, he also has a myriad of serious injuries including the loss of his arm above the elbow, that are making his and his family's lives a bit less dull.

Getting back
    Well once September rolled around, and I was finally cemented in place again, by my obligations to school and work, I began to slowly transition back into my lifestyle of bodybuilding.

It took a while to get back full swing. It wasn't until 5 or 6 weeks ago that I began what I would call: training for real, again. Now, 5 or 6 weeks later, I've regained much of my lost strength... much of my lost stamina... and my body has begun recomping back to what resembles what I once was.

I'm Back
    So now I'm back with my motivation as high as ever! On my 3rd time deadlifting since returning, I've hit (an acceptable for now ) 585 lbs, and 405 x 12 ATG squats. I'm staying positive about my time off. I feel like I could look at it as an obstacle, but I'm looking at it as a POSITIVE. Last time I took time off from an injury... yeah it sucked for a while, but I quickly surpassed my previous bests in muscularity and strength. I plan for this layoff to be no different! I will not only regain my previous strength/muscularity, but I will blow it out of the water. I will come into my next competition so Big and Freaky that there is no option but for the judges to award me Pro Status. My competitions and our family crisis has given me a changed perspective on a lot of things. What my father in law has overcome makes what I have to overcome seem like a stroll in the park. I CAN DO THIS!

So... let's get this thing started and get some info in here!

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Training

I started out hitting everything once a week, with moderate volume and highish intensity to get back into the groove. After 3 or 4 weeks of that, I felt I had reacclimated to training enough to where I could move into the split I want to and will be using for now. This is a split I developed during my contest prep, that I feel will work very well for me for muscle building.

I train everything twice every ten days I have a stubborn mentality that doesn't allow me to train "conservatively" enough to hit everything twice a week, without burning out. But I also feel I can get more optimal gains with more frequency than once every seven days. So I developed a 4 on 1 off split, that utilizes 2 separate 4 day splits. It also allows me to begin workouts with all of the exercises I want to focus and progress on.

Day1-Back & Hamstrings (deadlift focus)
    Day 2-Chest and Biceps (Incline DB Press Focus)
    Day 3-Shoulders, Triceps, Traps (Seated Smith Focus, Skull Crushers Focus)
    Day 4-Quadriceps (Front Squat Focus)
    Day 5-off
    Day 6-Chest & Back (Superset style. Bench Press/BB Rows Focus)
    Day 7-Shoulders and Traps (Seated DB Press Focus)
    Day 8-Quads and Hamstings (Squat Focus)
    Day 9-Biceps and Triceps (Superset style. BB Curls/CG BP Focus)
    Day 10-off
    then repeat, of course!

Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In. IMO you looked phenomenal but there was some very good competition. Best wishes for your family. On your way back and BEASTING weight. Damn. What's beyond acceptable for those DL/Squat numbers?
    U.S. Army Dietitian 2012-
    U.S. Marine Corps 2002-2010

Don't ask for an easier life, ask to be a stronger person.

PSN: Roz_Overloaded

IFPA Open & Master's Pro 5krunner's Avatar
    5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000)
    Glad to see that you're back Jason! It was great to meet you at the MN show, you and your wife are great people and you have a very bright future in natural bodybuilding! I look forward to seeing on stage again!
    IFPA Open & Master's Pro

"Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith." Hebrews 12:1-2

11-18-10

SO first workout entry will be today's. It was day 6 of the rotation(Chest/Back day).

Chest/Back
    *warmups excluded
    BB Bench Press
    225 x 15
    275 x 10, rp 2, rp 1 *dropset* 225 x 5 (10 second negatives)
    (rest for about 10-15 seconds for rest-pause)

BB Incline Press ss/w BB Rows
    185 x 10/225 x 15
    225 x 10/315 x 12
    225 x 8, rp 1.63824(whoops)/ 335 x 10

Decline Smith Press ss/w neutral grip pullups
    2 pps x 12/bw x 10
    3 pps x 8/bw +35 x 8
    3pps +10's x 5/bw +35 x 8
    wide grips seem to aggravate a forearm injury I have, so I am only performing neutral grip pullups right now

Low Incline DB Flys ss/w 1 Arm DB Rows
    80's x 10/120 x 20 (per arm)
    80's x 10/120 x 20
    need heavier DB's for DB Rows. May just have to do spider rows, since they're a bit harder.

Incline Bent Arm EZ Bar Pullovers
    2 x 10
    positions of flexion method: max stretch

Cable Crossovers
    3 x 10-15

UH Grip Pulldowns
    3 x 10-15

Seated Cable Rows ss/w Straight Arm Cable Pulldowns
    2 sets
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Really good workout. Really happy with how things are going! Those BB rows SHOT up this week!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

For nutrition, I'll make a separate post showing you my current numbers. I only set them a few days ago, so we'll see where they take me.

AM Bodyweight- 245 lbs (kinda fat, but am leaning up and gaining weight. When I first started back i was about 236 and in noticeably worse shape.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Paul_2_Oh View Post
    In. IMO you looked phenomenal but there was some very good competition. Best wishes for your family. On your way back and BEASTING weight. Damn. What's beyond acceptable for those DL/Squat numbers?
    Thanks Paul!

lol I think I'd like to hit 600+ in DL again very soon... As far as squat, I lost some strength on that during prep, but would like to get it close to my previous offseason numbers and do some repping with 5 plates a side.

Originally Posted by 5krunner View Post
    Glad to see that you're back Jason! It was great to meet you at the MN show, you and your wife are great people and you have a very bright future in natural bodybuilding! I look forward to seeing on stage again!
    Thanks, Jeff! It was awesome meeting you, too! Hopefully I see you and Joe, and the gang again in the near future. Congrats on the pro Card BTW!!!

NEWtrition

Just set my macros a few days ago, so i'm gonna see how they go.

macros
    83 f, 600 c, 300 p

Here's how I came up with those numbers. my initial refeeds, when i was already sub 210 lbs, were 550g carbs. Even at 550, I never spilled, unless I went over... on a couple occasions, this happened. So I figure offseason, I can handle around 600 per day.. Maybe do a reverse carb up and throw a low day in now and then. Then I just set Protein at 300, which is around 1.22 times my bw (although this is not all lean mass, so i could probably go lower). If I start gaining weight, this will be the first to drop. Then after I set those numbers, I just did some quick Algebra and figured out what would put my fat at 17% of my total calories. ~83 was the number, so it's good with me. Ideally, I think 20% is a good number, but at such high numbers, 17% should probably be plenty. Weight has maintained for the first couple days at this, so we shall see if I did good or now. Either way, it's a starting point. I'm basically trying to maintain weight until strength and muscle is ROARING, then I will do a cut to about 230 lbs and continue to build from there. That's the plan for now!
    Last edited by J_Bo; 11-18-2010 at 07:14 PM.

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Jason, I'm really sorry to hear about all of that. I'm very glad to see you back in action and on here though. The numbers you're putting up look real solid!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jked4life View Post
    Jason, I'm really sorry to hear about all of that. I'm very glad to see you back in action and on here though. The numbers you're putting up look real solid!
    Thanks Matt! They're coming back pretty fast! It was obviously a bit discouraging at first... but thank goodness for muscle memory!

BTW Saved room in my carbs for a box of "Dots" Gettin' my nerd on and going to the midnight showing of Harry Potter! (not like it takes much work to save room in 600g lol)

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice work on getting that sponsor and awesome contest season. 600 carbs??!!?!?! Dang. Have fun. Good luck.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Missed you buddy and you know Im MORE than in on this one Jason!

........btw, our macros are pretty close
    Lukus Ehlis
    B.S. Exercise Science
    IFPA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    ---------------------------------
    YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ehlisl
    Instagram:
    http://instagram.com/ehlisl
    Twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/ehlisl
    Blog : Trove26
    http://www.trove-26.blogspot.com

furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great to see you back jason and I look forward to following along! Are you planning on doing the MN again or holding off for awhile? btw, what do you eat to get 600g?!

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great news that your back. I wasn't sure after reading some of your posts when you finished if you would compete again. You have a talent for the sport so its great that you have decided to stick with it.

It should be fun watching you and your freaky strength in the thread. Let's get some videos in here for motivation for those of us with mortal strength.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Im glad to have you back.....your log is very inspirational for me. I like your split. Once my injuries heal up, I might try something very similar just to switch out of my routine which is growing a bit stale. I cant wait to see what you pull off at the next comp.......and I do like the fact that you are looking ahead to the next one. Someone as gifted as you belongs in this sport so dont ever stop. You have the potential to go a seriously long way.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In for this, definately going to be following along.
    Tim
    TEAM FRANCO
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128764101
    Train Hard and Prosper

Originally Posted by zmcdole View Post
    Nice work on getting that sponsor and awesome contest season. 600 carbs??!!?!?! Dang. Have fun. Good luck.
    Thanks, Big Guy! Like I said, my initial refeeds at sub 210 lbs were 550g, and I didn't spill over at that, so hopefully 600 will be good. I'm finding that I'd be more comfortable at 550 g or so, so I may or may not change that... But if I'm not gaining weight on 600, I might as well stick with it.

Originally Posted by ehlisl View Post
    Missed you buddy and you know Im MORE than in on this one Jason!

........btw, our macros are pretty close
    Good to know I'm doing things "like a PRO"

Originally Posted by furyhockey View Post
    Great to see you back jason and I look forward to following along! Are you planning on doing the MN again or holding off for awhile? btw, what do you eat to get 600g?!
    Thanks John! I'm taking at least this year off. I would LIKE to make a run in 2012, but 1) I want to be ready to dominate, and 2) My life may be in a drastic transition period at that time... so I'm not sure. If I compete in 2012, I might be looking at the Elk River show and De Kalb, IL show... to make a late season run.

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Great news that your back. I wasn't sure after reading some of your posts when you finished if you would compete again. You have a talent for the sport so its great that you have decided to stick with it.

It should be fun watching you and your freaky strength in the thread. Let's get some videos in here for motivation for those of us with mortal strength.
    Thanks Paul! I feel I have some predispositions for this sport, but feel moreso, i have a love for it, and It would be an injustice to not continue. Yeah, I was having some issues right after the season ended, but now I'm really happy with everything and proud of what I was able to do... and look forward to doing it again!

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Im glad to have you back.....your log is very inspirational for me. I like your split. Once my injuries heal up, I might try something very similar just to switch out of my routine which is growing a bit stale. I cant wait to see what you pull off at the next comp.......and I do like the fact that you are looking ahead to the next one. Someone as gifted as you belongs in this sport so dont ever stop. You have the potential to go a seriously long way.
    Thanks big Sean. The motivation is mutual!

One of the things I like about this split is that I can focus on front squats AND back squats without having to periodize them. I use to do that, and I'd improve on one, but then regress on the other. This way, I seem to be able to progress in both. Same with Incline vs. Flat. My other biggest thing was being able to back squat AND deadlift. When I was doing a more traditional split, it was just WAY too much for my lower back. Doing like this where I hit them each once every 10 days, as opposed to every 7, my lower back seems to be able to handle it a lot better.

Originally Posted by Work-Hard View Post
    In for this, definately going to be following along.
    Thanks Leg man! Can't wait to see what you bring to the stage this season!

11.19.10---Shoulders and Traps

*warmups excluded
    Seated Smith Press
    225 x 10, 8
    245 x 6, 4

Side Laterals
    30's x 20
    40's x 15
    50's x 10*40's x 10*30's x 10*25's x 10*20's x 10
    *denotes dropset
    Delts PUMPED

Quantum Shoulder Press
    3 x 10

Front Raises
    40's x 8
    50's x 8, 8

Rear Lateral
    3 x 15

BB Shrugs
    315 x 20
    405 x 12
    495 x 10
    405 x 16
    ------------------------------------------------------

Got a HUGE delt pump going during this workout. I'm really trying to focus on feeling contractions more than in the past. Shoulders are on top of my priority list for things I need to bring up, as I feel my width doesn't match my size/thickness.

smflorence has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smflorence has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smflorence has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smflorence has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smflorence has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smflorence has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smflorence has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smflorence has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smflorence has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smflorence has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smflorence has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a little late, but in for this!

lerked in your journal last time and IMO your final product was unheard of for a first time competitor (hope i can come in looked half as good my first show)!

looking forward to see what you accomplish this time around ...
    PROVE IT TO THE PERSON IN THE MIRROR!

Link to 1 Year Contest Prep with Alex A.!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127818453

Link to AAEFX K-OTIC Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128457351

Twitter Username: PapaSmitch

11.20.10---Legs

SQUATZ
    225 x 12
    315 x 10
    405 x 6
    405 x 15 (could have gotten some more, but form was getting pretty "backy")

Single Leg Leg Press
    2 pps x 20 (per leg)
    4 pps x 12
    5 pps x 12, 12
    6 pps x 10

Glute Bridges (joining the bar humping party! first time doing these)
    135 x 15
    225 x 10
    315 x 10
    ...man... that bar kinda digs in lol

Single Leg Leg Extensions
    the stack x 15 (3 sets per leg)

Seated Leg Curls
    the stack x 15 (3 sets)

Abductor
    The stack x 20 (2 sets)

Adductor
    the stack x 15 (2 sets)

Calf Raises
    4 sets
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Good day! Hit it hard. i love those single leg leg presses, and I feel like I have room to progress on them, since I am relatively new to them. Lots of overload opportunity there I'm getting in on the glute bridge brigade, because, while I had some glute striations, I actually was underdeveloped there, so i need to do something to focus on them.

IronResolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronResolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronResolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronResolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronResolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronResolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronResolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronResolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronResolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronResolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronResolution will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by J_Bo View Post
    SQUATZ
    225 x 12
    315 x 10
    405 x 6
    405 x 15 (could have gotten some more, but form was getting pretty "backy")

Single Leg Leg Press
    2 pps x 20 (per leg)
    4 pps x 12
    5 pps x 12, 12
    6 pps x 10

Glute Bridges (joining the bar humping party! first time doing these)
    135 x 15
    225 x 10
    315 x 10
    ...man... that bar kinda digs in lol

Single Leg Leg Extensions
    the stack x 15 (3 sets per leg)

Seated Leg Curls
    the stack x 15 (3 sets)

Abductor
    The stack x 20 (2 sets)

Adductor
    the stack x 15 (2 sets)

Calf Raises
    4 sets
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Good day! Hit it hard. i love those single leg leg presses, and I feel like I have room to progress on them, since I am relatively new to them. Lots of overload opportunity there I'm getting in on the glute bridge brigade, because, while I had some glute striations, I actually was underdeveloped there, so i need to do something to focus on them.
    For the Gluteus-Hamstring Bridges, it is less painful / awkward if you lock out your arms forcing the bar slightly higher onto your upper thigh instead of it digging in your lap.
    Awesome exercise.
    Bulking Log (Complementary Food Porn):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=699348301&posted=1#post699348301

Originally Posted by IronResolution View Post
    For the Gluteus-Hamstring Bridges, it is less painful / awkward if you lock out your arms forcing the bar slightly higher onto your upper thigh instead of it digging in your lap.
    Awesome exercise.
    Thanks Bro. I felt like I could move more weight, but it hurt. I thought it might be one of those things where you eventually get used to it... kind like when I was 18 and started squatting without a pad and it took a while for it to not hurt the traps.

Originally Posted by smflorence View Post
    a little late, but in for this!

lerked in your journal last time and IMO your final product was unheard of for a first time competitor (hope i can come in looked half as good my first show)!

looking forward to see what you accomplish this time around ...
    You're well on your way to being one hell of a first time competitor! Good base. lean, and GREAT wheels!

Retired Pro W/C Bodybuild RichKnapp's Avatar
    RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good you see you back in the game bro. ^5 I'll be watching you. lol
    Killer leg work out. Keep it up, don't make me come down there and show you how to do legs. lol
    50+ year old stubborn mule. Follow along at
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177980091&pagenumber=

B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    big #'s in here jeeze haha
    Workout Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113026551

"If you don't climb the mountain, you can't see the view"

ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ehlisl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great WO's J!! I really like the layout of your split and Im excited to see the #'s you start throwing up....there already sick!!

....and it looks like Im going to have to join the bar humping crew now too....
    Lukus Ehlis
    B.S. Exercise Science
    IFPA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ehlisl
    Instagram:
    http://instagram.com/ehlisl
    Twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/ehlisl
    Blog : Trove26
    http://www.trove-26.blogspot.com

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for this!

BEAST MODE!
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In for this. You accomplished some great things this year and can't wait to see what the future has in store.
    Prep with Justin Draper
    IT ONLY GETS EASIER!
    T-Rex

Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
    Good you see you back in the game bro. ^5 I'll be watching you. lol
    Killer leg work out. Keep it up, don't make me come down there and show you how to do legs. lol
    Oh Man, Rich! I better bring my A game.... don't want you putting me through the ringer down here!

Originally Posted by B-Neva View Post
    big #'s in here jeeze haha
    Thanks Brendan! Hopefully they'll continue going
    up for quite some time, as I've only been back at it for about a month and a half.... Progress Time!

Originally Posted by ehlisl View Post
    Great WO's J!! I really like the layout of your split and Im excited to see the #'s you start throwing up....there already sick!!

....and it looks like Im going to have to join the bar humping crew now too....
    LUKE. I'm excited, too! I got a ways to go to catch up to you, big guy!

I'll telly you what, the Bar Humping certainly has my glutes feeling it today! I've never been "well endowed" in the bootay area lol, but hopefully focusing on those will complete the package a bit from the back.

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    In for this!

BEAST MODE!
    Thank Big Billy! That's certainly the goal! I appreciate it

Originally Posted by tsajdak View Post
    In for this. You accomplished some great things this year and can't wait to see what the future has in store.
    Thanks T-Rex. I am very happy with my rookie season. Now I just gotta go above and beyond and lock up a spot in the Pro Ranks!

Arms

BB Curl ss/w CGBP
    95 x 12/135 x 30
    115 x 10/225 x 10
    135 x 8/245 x 8
    145 x 8/275 x 6

Incline DB Curl ss/w Incline EZ Bar Ext
    30's x 12/115 x 12
    40's x 10/135 x 10
    50's x 10/115 x 10

Spider EZ Bar Curls ss/w 1 Arm DB OH Ext ss/w DB Kickbacks
    75 x 10/35 x 10/35 x 10 (3 sets, no rest)

Triceps Pressdowns ss/w Hammer Curls
    3 x 10-20/3 x 10-20
    ---------------------------------------

This was Sunday's workout. Started out pretty heavy and then killed it and got some awesome contractions and crazy pump.

11.23.10 - Back & Hamstrings

Deadlifts
    135 x 15
    225 x 15
    315 x 10
    405 x 6 (still warm ups)
    495 x 4
    555 x 4

T-Bar Rows ss/w DB SLDL's
    5 plates x 10/ 120's x 15
    6 plates x 10/ 120's x 15
    6 plates x 10/ 120's x 15

Neutral Grip Pullups
    3 sets
    didn't count reps. Just went by feel

UH Grip Pulldowns ss/w Seated Leg Curls
    4 sets of each

BTN Pulldowns ss/w Standing Single Leg Curls
    3 sets of each

Straight Arm Lat Pulldowns
    2 x 20
    --------------------------------------------

Awesome workout. Started out with some nice deads, and then went on to get some nice sets for both back and hams. I've never used this much weight to do a set with on deads. I've always just used it as part of a ramp up for a heavier single.... So I was happy to hit 4 reps at 555 with no belt