Registered User grenadesmayer16's Avatar
    grenadesmayer16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Workout program with just a set of dumbells and pull up bar?

Hey, I'm 16 about 5'8" 166 pounds and I have a set of dumbells from 10 up to 50 pounds and I have literally no money so I have to use what I've got. I also have a pull up bar that attaches to the door, with these things is it possible to create a workout program?

I'm not looking to get SUPER HUGE or SUPER LEAN, I would just like to cut off the excess fat that I have off my body and get generally stronger.

Here's a picture which for some reason makes me look really skinny which I'm not also how do I know what body part to work out on what day?

thanks
    -gm
    Attached Images

Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by grenadesmayer16 View Post
    Hey, I'm 16 about 5'8" 166 pounds and I have a set of dumbells from 10 up to 50 pounds and I have literally no money so I have to use what I've got. I also have a pull up bar that attaches to the door, with these things is it possible to create a workout program?

I'm not looking to get SUPER HUGE or SUPER LEAN, I would just like to cut off the excess fat that I have off my body and get generally stronger.

Here's a picture which for some reason makes me look really skinny which I'm not also how do I know what body part to work out on what day?

thanks
    -gm
    If you are looking to lose weight then you have everything you need for P..90...X!!!!!!!!!! Check it out holmes.
    Never underestimate daily, consistent action coupled with the magical power of time.

TEEN SECTION: The uneducated trying to educate the uneducated.

Registered User grenadesmayer16's Avatar
    grenadesmayer16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Twstd View Post
    If you are looking to lose weight then you have everything you need for P..90...X!!!!!!!!!! Check it out holmes.
    WOW I forgot to mention that I just completed P90X ahaha! I'm looking for something a little less time consuming before I start in a month or two, it gets really hard to maintain

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well, with what you've got you can probably do lunges, split squats, hyperextentions, glute ham raises, press variations, rows, pull ups (obviously), possibly dips and some isolation exercises. Ideally you'd have a barbell with a couple hundred pounds of weights to stack onto it to do squats and deadlifts, but you can probably get a fair way with what you've got. So yes, you can create a workout program with what you've got.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    Well, with what you've got you can probably do lunges, split squats, hyperextentions, glute ham raises, press variations, rows, pull ups (obviously), possibly dips and some isolation exercises. Ideally you'd have a barbell with a couple hundred pounds of weights to stack onto it to do squats and deadlifts, but you can probably get a fair way with what you've got. So yes, you can create a workout program with what you've got.
    some great suggestions. it makes me happy he didn't even mention 'dumbell curls'. oh god now i said it.

paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by grenadesmayer16 View Post

thanks
    -gm
    all dumbbell routine
    3x a week.

monday
    dumbbell squats
    dumbbell chest press
    dumbbell bent over rows
    dumbbell curls
    dumbbell overhead tricep extension.
    cardio/abs

wednesday
    dumbbell dead-lift
    dumbbell step up
    dumbbell shoulder press
    one leg calf raise
    dumbbell shrugs
    side bends

friday
    lunges
    chest press
    pull ups
    hammer curls
    dumbbell skullcrushers
    abs/cardio

hope this helps. just modify it to whatever fits the equipment you have.