phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arrow I NEED YOU! Total program review. (please read, srs)

Greetings all,

(is posting it here ok? We need a program evaluation section? Just a thought....)

INTRO

This is long, sorry. I wanted to give as a complete picture as I could so I could put this in front of your eyes and get your insight. After a ton of outside research and reading here, (I think the search button and I are engaged at this point), this is what I have come up with. Do not panic that it is too complicated to me, I am fine. Also, I am completely dedicated to succeed so your efforts will not be wasted. Well, I won't think so.

GOAL

Drop weight as fast as is possible, as healthy as possible, and retain as much muscle as possible. (impossible dream, right?) I believe I have my nutrition and exersize right but need your thoughts. Same with supplements.

YOUR MISSION, IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT

Please review this novel, and help me. I have no idea what reps are, but if and when I have them, they are yours.

1. What can I do to better?

2. What obvious, or not so obvious, holes are there in this program?

BORING DEETS

I am 47, stocky, bmi obese. 5'8" and 268 lbs. Believe it or not, I do not look as bad as that, but I have always been lucky/cursed to have weight hang right on me. However, I am done with that BS and making a life change. I have always been an athlete swimming, footbal, and baseball, etc. I am healthy and have no health issues other than my excess weight.

For the last month I have gone totally clean eating, using fitday.com for my nutrition. I work out every morning. I am carb cycling. I am matching my carb intake to my workouts. HIT is heavy lifting, 2 day split days. Cardio is usually HIIT on the eliptical, 16 minutes of one minute 60%, one minute 110% for 8 cycles. (I do not take the EC stack pre cardio.) I dropped about 3 pounds a week, but I know that is the easy part when I am this fat.

CRAPPY SPREADSHEET

Carb Cycling

------------ ---- Sun---- Mon ---- Tues---- Wed ---- Thurs ---- Friday ---- Saturday
    Week 1
    Exercise ---------REST---Full Body--Cardio---HIT-------HIT-------Cardio----Full Body
    Carb Day ---------High----Low-------No -----High ------Low------No-------High

Week 2
    Exercise ---------REST---Cardio-----HIT-----HIIT------Cardio----HIT-------HIT
    Carb Day ---------Low----No---------High----Low------No-------High-------Low

Week 3
    Exercise --------REST-------HIT -----HIT-----Cardio----HIT-------HIT-------Cardio
    Carb Day --------No----------High-------Low----No-----High-------Low------No

Nutrition Macros

Carb Day----Calories------Protein--------Carbs-----------Fat

High--------1600---------640 – 40%-----800 – 50%-----160 – 10%

Low---------1550---------930 – 60%-----388 – 25%------232 – 15%

No----------1500---------1050 – 70%-----150- 10%------300 – 20%

SUPPLEMENTS

I have not been big on supplements, but my weight and health trump any issues they can bring, and I am willing to add them for speed of results at my weight.
    I was put on phentermine and did not like it much so dropped it to do EC stack. I plan to add Lean Xtreme for 4 weeks, as directed, to the EC . I am going to run the EC stack for 8-12 weeks, so I am actually looking for a no-stim product or supplement to run be able to cycle back and forth with Lean Xtreme with no worries. Or should I go without a no-stim while it cycles?

I use Orange Triad as multi (full dose), and Oximedi for Fish Oil (2 a day), with Flax Oil (one). I use ON Whey for powder.

If you have made it this far, I thank you. (And worry about you.) I know most do not need to be told this, but be as brutal as you like (within forum guidelines, TM patent pending)

Thanks,

Phen
    Last edited by phenla; 11-16-2010 at 05:02 AM.

phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10) phenla is on a distinguished road. (+10)

?

So, 43 views and no input. Am I that that good? Boring? Awful? :P

I know it is a long read. What do you think?

Phen

Nada?

jjc89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jjc89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jjc89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jjc89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jjc89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jjc89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jjc89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jjc89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jjc89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jjc89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jjc89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by phenla View Post
    Greetings all,

(is posting it here ok? We need a program evaluation section? Just a thought....)

INTRO

This is long, sorry. I wanted to give as a complete picture as I could so I could put this in front of your eyes and get your insight. After a ton of outside research and reading here, (I think the search button and I are engaged at this point), this is what I have come up with. Do not panic that it is too complicated to me, I am fine. Also, I am completely dedicated to succeed so your efforts will not be wasted. Well, I won't think so.

GOAL

Drop weight as fast as is possible, as healthy as possible, and retain as much muscle as possible. (impossible dream, right?) I believe I have my nutrition and exersize right but need your thoughts. Same with supplements.

Please review this novel, and help me. I have no idea what reps are, but if and when I have them, they are yours.

BORING DEETS

I am 47, stocky, bmi obese. 5'8" and 268 lbs. Believe it or not, I do not look as bad as that, but I have always been lucky/cursed to have weight hang right on me. However, I am done with that BS and making a life change. I have always been an athlete swimming, footbal, and baseball, etc. I am healthy and have no health issues other than my excess weight.

For the last month I have gone totally clean eating, using fitday.com for my nutrition. I work out every morning. I am carb cycling. I am matching my carb intake to my workouts. HIT is heavy lifting, 2 day split days. Cardio is usually HIIT on the eliptical, 16 minutes of one minute 60%, one minute 110% for 8 cycles. (I do not take the EC stack pre cardio.) I dropped about 3 pounds a week, but I know that is the easy part when I am this fat.

CRAPPY SPREADSHEET

Carb Cycling

------------ ---- Sun---- Mon ---- Tues---- Wed ---- Thurs ---- Friday ---- Saturday
    Week 1
    Exercise ---------REST---Full Body--Cardio---HIT-------HIT-------Cardio----Full Body

Week 2

Week 3
    Exercise --------REST-------HIT -----HIT-----Cardio----HIT-------HIT-------Cardio

Nutrition Macros

SUPPLEMENTS

I have not been big on supplements, but my weight and health trump any issues they can bring, and I am willing to add them for speed of results at my weight.
    I was put on phentermine and did not like it much so dropped it to do EC stack. I plan to add Lean Xtreme for 4 weeks, as directed, to the EC . I am going to run the EC stack for 8-12 weeks, so I am actually looking for a no-stim product or supplement to run be able to cycle back and forth with Lean Xtreme with no worries. Or should I go without a no-stim while it cycles?

I use Orange Triad as multi (full dose), and Oximedi for Fish Oil (2 a day), with Flax Oil (one). I use ON Whey for powder.

If you have made it this far, I thank you. (And worry about you.) I know most do not need to be told this, but be as brutal as you like (within forum guidelines, TM patent pending)

Thanks,

Phen

If you're currently losing weight steadily what's the problem?

Originally Posted by jjc89 View Post
    If you're currently losing weight steadily what's the problem?
    Not really a problem. I just wanted some eyes more learned than mine to review my program. Shrug. I am not new to fitness or nutrition, but I am trying to make a pretty big life change and did not want to jump off a cliff. I have combined a lot of what I have tried and studied to make this program and wanted to be sure there was not a fatal flaw.

I kinda hoped that was what this forum was for, at least in part. I am not dissapointed, just staying.

Thanks for the look.

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP, some of my ideas....

Workouts:
    move into a 3-4 day split with weights. Get used to it and work on moving to heavier weights. This is if you got some time under your belt.
    Cardio: consider removing or go minimal for now. Use this as a tool to break through barriers, see my macros info below.

macros:
    I'd move you macros up least 500 cals each day. If you go low now and hit a wall you got no room in ur diet. I understand u want fast weight loss, but consider it.
    Also, id shift some carbs to fats. maybe a lil more PB, or some oils. Pers myself I find i am better on 25-30% carbs for weight loss. I wouldnt worry about carb cycline just yet. id work on a healthy diet, logging it and along with ur exercise. after a few months check out the carb cycling. IMHO.

supplements:
    i like the EC least for appetite supp., but at ur level I would try to put it off a bit. Sticking to ur fish oil, whey, multi and i like a preworkout supp...for weights days.

Think thats it for now.
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by phenla View Post
    Greetings all,

INTRO

GOAL

BORING DEETS

CRAPPY SPREADSHEET

Carb Cycling

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Nutrition Macros

If you're reacting well to carb cycling, then by all means continue. Calorie deficit and adequate protein is the most important part of any diet, and u got that down. Some may say you're on the low end of a total calorie side for a guy your size, but if you're comfortable dropping the 3lb/wk, then keep going imo.

SUPPLEMENTS

Staple supplements for me are multi, fish/flax oil, creatine and ec stack. I would consider adding creatnie monohydrate as it is a proven muscle builder, and will help preserve muscle whilst cutting. I prefer the pills, most prefer the powder (powder is cheaper too i believe).

Thanks,

Phen
    All looks good. W/O seeing you're specific routine i cannot really comment. As long as you're maintaining/improving your lifts, it's going well. U look to be off no the right foot. gl

Good read, TY! I did not post my workout because I thought maybe the BB.com internet cops would kick in my door and shoot me for such a crazy-arse LONG post as it was. It would have been ruled a rightious kill, too.

Just FYI, I am lifting a Heavy 2 day split, titled stupidly as HIT, hitting 2 exersizes for chest, back, shoulders, traps, bi's, tris over the 2 days. THe total body "placeholder" day is same areas, just one exersize for each of those same areas. I am going heavy on all, and raising once I get to 3 sets at 9 or 10 reps. Cardio is HIIT fasted with no EC stack prior and immediatly in the morning. Sundays are off.

Wow, see why I did not post this? LOL

Thanks again for reading and the solid input.

Phen

Originally Posted by tjwoody View Post
    OP, some of my ideas....

Workouts:
    move into a 3-4 day split with weights. Get used to it and work on moving to heavier weights. This is if you got some time under your belt.
    Cardio: consider removing or go minimal for now. Use this as a tool to break through barriers, see my macros info below.

macros:
    I'd move you macros up least 500 cals each day. If you go low now and hit a wall you got no room in ur diet. I understand u want fast weight loss, but consider it.
    Also, id shift some carbs to fats. maybe a lil more PB, or some oils. Pers myself I find i am better on 25-30% carbs for weight loss. I wouldnt worry about carb cycline just yet. id work on a healthy diet, logging it and along with ur exercise. after a few months check out the carb cycling. IMHO.

supplements:
    i like the EC least for appetite supp., but at ur level I would try to put it off a bit. Sticking to ur fish oil, whey, multi and i like a preworkout supp...for weights days.

Think thats it for now.

Yea, Lifting is second only to nutrition for me in this program. And only by a shade. Thanks for the support too. Lifts increase as I get the reps, and exersizes rotate as well.

Thanks for reviewing this!

Phen

Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    All looks good. W/O seeing you're specific routine i cannot really comment. As long as you're maintaining/improving your lifts, it's going well. U look to be off no the right foot. gl

Update

Down to 259 from 268. Not too fast, not too slow. I am going up in strength, and dropping inches faster than pounds. Considering I started at 290+ three weeks before I hit 268, I am doing ok. I know a lot of this is beginning wt. but I could care less at this point.

I have added creatine post workout as well, so I am sure the scale will slow in the next few weeks, and I could care less. My macros are still solid, exersize it on target,and people are noticeing.

Anyway, my arm hurts from patting my own back.

Peace