Thread: Someone help me

TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Someone help me

Not so much towards lifting, just everything in general. here's where I am:

- 19, turning 20 this month.
    - 3rd year of university and am extremely frustrated with inability to focus and do well which leads to putting in less effort instead of more
    - Suffered a high ankle sprain at flag football 2 weeks ago and its still lingering. cant cut/jump/run yet. this also limits any lifts while standing or bearing weight
    - been a couple months since i've been laid. having what seems to be minimal luck with girls as i have no motivation to pursue those who show interest
    - i'm driving a sh*tty courtesy car as mine is in the body shop after an accident (hit n run)
    - just got fired from my job (GNC) because I was able to close down the store within 5 minutes which is a procedure they want me spending 30 mins on. this just happened today.

the firing really has me down as i don't know where to apply for work now. I have $800 in my bank, they'll be paying me out my $1000~ remaining for what i worked throughout the month. but i also owe $650 on my credit card, plus $200 for my car in the shop. Have to pay tuition (thanks to a scholarship its only gonna be 900$ tho i may drop a course and itll go down to 500), plus car insurance in feb.

i am so stressed and frustrated with absolutely everything right now. i don't know where to start and how to fix it all. i'm looking for anything inspiring or some form of advice cause i'm a miserable wreck at home and just try to put on a show when i'm out.

Right Mentality Necesary! ReedT's Avatar
    ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your indecision with the sh*t hitting the fan all at once is whats causing your misery. You got your mind going so many different ways your heads spinning and you don't have a clue where to go. Once you have an understanding of what you NEED to do first and whats important, you can get things in order and not feel like you are being pulled in 10 different directions.

First things first, you need to prioritize EVERYTHING so you can figure out a gameplan on what to do. Whats probably going to be the most pressing thing at this point? You're going to need to get another job ASAP as it will effect almost everything else. Even if it's a stupid job, any job is better than nothing. You need some sort of filler job until you can find something more stable or something more inline of what you want. Retail is perfect for this kind of thing. Check your uni's bulletin boards, there are often tons of small jobs you can get from them.

Secondly, you need to really focus on what it is you want to do AFTER you are done with school. That helps you do what you need to now when you actually see a finish line at the end. Most people tend to just live for the moment and not think too far off. When you have a purpose for what you are studying, then it becomes something worth your attention.

I honestly think the rest of the stuff can be yours to determine, although I would make sure your injury heals as quickly as possible so you can get back into the swing of things faster. As for getting laid, yah its nice, but do you really need to be worrying about that with everything else?

Once you get an idea of what you really need to get done, you will see that things aren't as nuts or depressing as it first feels. Don't let yourself get blown around in the storm, stand your ground and walk out.
    "It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
    Impossible is not a word
    It’s just a reason for someone not to try"
    -Kutless "What Faith Can Do"

(Proper Diet+Correct Training Program)^EFFORT= Results!

Most people walk around like Clark Kent because they don't know they can fly like Superman

TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TryStoppinMe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ReedT View Post
    Your indecision with the sh*t hitting the fan all at once is whats causing your misery. You got your mind going so many different ways your heads spinning and you don't have a clue where to go. Once you have an understanding of what you NEED to do first and whats important, you can get things in order and not feel like you are being pulled in 10 different directions.

First things first, you need to prioritize EVERYTHING so you can figure out a gameplan on what to do. Whats probably going to be the most pressing thing at this point? You're going to need to get another job ASAP as it will effect almost everything else. Even if it's a stupid job, any job is better than nothing. You need some sort of filler job until you can find something more stable or something more inline of what you want. Retail is perfect for this kind of thing. Check your uni's bulletin boards, there are often tons of small jobs you can get from them.

Secondly, you need to really focus on what it is you want to do AFTER you are done with school. That helps you do what you need to now when you actually see a finish line at the end. Most people tend to just live for the moment and not think too far off. When you have a purpose for what you are studying, then it becomes something worth your attention.

I honestly think the rest of the stuff can be yours to determine, although I would make sure your injury heals as quickly as possible so you can get back into the swing of things faster. As for getting laid, yah its nice, but do you really need to be worrying about that with everything else?

Once you get an idea of what you really need to get done, you will see that things aren't as nuts or depressing as it first feels. Don't let yourself get blown around in the storm, stand your ground and walk out.
    thanks bud.
    I'm trying to prioritize. and Its such a struggle between work and school right now. The way it looks, i should be able to afford school even if i don't get a new job right away, but i'm definately gonna need to find something, I may go back to an old employer later this week to see if I can get a couple shifts or something.
    Until tomorrow night I gotta prioritize school as I have a big exam tomorrow night. I've already handed out a couple resumes yesterday, might give a few more out. Definately need to get back to working asap and keep trucking away with school. The job was just really nice because cause i was also able to study while i was there.
    the whole getting laid thing isnt a huge deal, but it'd definately be nice. not a priority by any means, but it plays a role.

getting healthy is a big thing, its getting better every day, cause i know once the ankle is good to go and i'm able to play football again and be lifting at my normal capacity that it'll relieve alot of stress.

never before have i believed that life was such a struggle

PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ReedT View Post

This. This is solid advice. Everything will blow over, you just need to figure out what you need to do and then just get out and do it.

As for women, they have this sort of super sense about how you are feeling about yourself. If you carry yourself like you are pretending to be ok, they will see it. Get out there, fix your life up and then gain back your confidence. With women, it's 90% confidence, 10% looks.

Good luck man.

steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TryStoppinMe View Post
    never before have i believed that life was such a struggle
    You'll always have struggles in the future--that's just life. I use the gym as my time where I can take all of my frustrations out on the weight. It is a great release for me.

Originally Posted by PNel View Post
    This. This is solid advice. Everything will blow over, you just need to figure out what you need to do and then just get out and do it.

As for women, they have this sort of super sense about how you are feeling about yourself. If you carry yourself like you are pretending to be ok, they will see it. Get out there, fix your life up and then gain back your confidence. With women, it's 90% confidence, 10% looks.

Good luck man.
    yeah I;ve noticed that. cause lately, i was in a generally good mood, despite the injury and stress of school i was super confident cause i was seeing progress physically and it was paying off. girls were everywhere, i just wasnt too concerned about them so it didnt matter. suddenly as of late its just with everything else it'd be nice to have someone to smash out the frustration with or atleast chill with ya kno.

Originally Posted by steven1977 View Post
    You'll always have struggles in the future--that's just life. I use the gym as my time where I can take all of my frustrations out on the weight. It is a great release for me.
    yeah, i'm realizing that. the gym usually works for me too, just cause of the injury im in limited participation at the gym and im on a bye week from football anyways, so i'll be healthy for the next game