renky141 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) renky141 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) renky141 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) renky141 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) renky141 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) renky141 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) renky141 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) renky141 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) renky141 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) renky141 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) renky141 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Motivation for military

So, I'm in the Army never been deployed, but about to go in April to Afgahnistan. I have lifted for a long time but within the last three months got real serious about all aspects of body building and I love the way I am looking and feeling finally. My question for some of those who have deployed is how do you stay motivated to continue fitness in Afgahnistan? I am worried about that. I mean NTC in Jan will probably mean limited time at the gym and I will most likely be on a small COP with maybe a small gym when I'm deployed. Does anyone find time or motivation when they are deployed. I have made such great improvements that I'm starting to worry that it will all go down hill when I deploy for a year. I know there are a lot of military on here. So how did you deal with it? Was it hard to stay dedicated?

tattoo51807 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by renky141 View Post
    So, I'm in the Army never been deployed, but about to go in April to Afgahnistan. I have lifted for a long time but within the last three months got real serious about all aspects of body building and I love the way I am looking and feeling finally. My question for some of those who have deployed is how do you stay motivated to continue fitness in Afgahnistan? I am worried about that. I mean NTC in Jan will probably mean limited time at the gym and I will most likely be on a small COP with maybe a small gym when I'm deployed. Does anyone find time or motivation when they are deployed. I have made such great improvements that I'm starting to worry that it will all go down hill when I deploy for a year. I know there are a lot of military on here. So how did you deal with it? Was it hard to stay dedicated?
    Man Im in Afgan right now and i was in Iraq from 07-09. It all depends on your MOS im a 19K all we do is Patrol and work out. I live on a very small cop i can throw a rock from one wall and hit another lol but im telling you all your gonna wanna do is work out bc theres no other distractions besides patrols hope this helps!

TRexGAWD is just really nice. (+1000) TRexGAWD is just really nice. (+1000) TRexGAWD is just really nice. (+1000) TRexGAWD is just really nice. (+1000) TRexGAWD is just really nice. (+1000) TRexGAWD is just really nice. (+1000) TRexGAWD is just really nice. (+1000) TRexGAWD is just really nice. (+1000) TRexGAWD is just really nice. (+1000) TRexGAWD is just really nice. (+1000) TRexGAWD is just really nice. (+1000)
    Brah, the way I tell it to my troops.. if anyone goes back home in worse shape then they showed up in, I'm marking you down on your evals.. You have a shit ton of time to work out as there isn't anything else to do... I'm deployed right now, 12-13 hour shifts, sleep 7 hours, and have 4-5 hours of down time every day to shower, get on the internet, and hit the gym... I find it harder to make time back home as I want to go out and crap.
    The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.

Reps back all military
    Owe reps to:

Negs to:

medicfourlife is just really nice. (+1000) medicfourlife is just really nice. (+1000) medicfourlife is just really nice. (+1000) medicfourlife is just really nice. (+1000) medicfourlife is just really nice. (+1000) medicfourlife is just really nice. (+1000) medicfourlife is just really nice. (+1000) medicfourlife is just really nice. (+1000) medicfourlife is just really nice. (+1000) medicfourlife is just really nice. (+1000) medicfourlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am a 68w in Afghanistan right now and I have done everything from working in a hospital to medevac and convoy medical support and have always found more time to work out here then I ever did back home. The only thing I have here is my work and my workout. Every cob, fob, camp, and base I have been to here has had decent gyms, even if they are a bit small. Make a routine (if possible) is the best advice I could give you. I cant stand missing a day now.

pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Same thing as the guys above. I am in Iraq and all I do is go out on missions, hit the gym, and talk to my wife on the computer. We are on a pretty small FOB in the middle of nowhere and we have a decent gym.

When you are deployed, many people decide it is time to get in shape. So they work hard for part of the year and then get home and stop lifting weights. Being deployed is fun. NTC was pretty bad. I heard there was a gym on the Ruba but I was always to busy to go. Don't worry to much about it now. You will have plenty of time when you are deployed to make up what you lost in NTC. Make the best of your time before you deploy.
    ''You can either feel the pain of discipline or feel the pain of regret. The choice is yours.'' - Jim Rohn

-US ARMY-

kolsen17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kolsen17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kolsen17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kolsen17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kolsen17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kolsen17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kolsen17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kolsen17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kolsen17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kolsen17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kolsen17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am in the air force as security forces, currently in Iraq. We work around 13-14 hours a day, and still find time to go to the gym.

All you need is the dedication and motivation to make yourself go to the gym. It isn't any harder than going to the gym back home, you just need the drive to succeed!

pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kolsen17 View Post
    I am in the air force as security forces, currently in Iraq. We work around 13-14 hours a day, and still find time to go to the gym.

All you need is the dedication and motivation to make yourself go to the gym. It isn't any harder than going to the gym back home, you just need the drive to succeed!

What he said!

Once you get settled in where ever you are going you just get in a routine and stick with it. Would be nice being on JBB, seeing females at the gym always motivates me.
    ''You can either feel the pain of discipline or feel the pain of regret. The choice is yours.'' - Jim Rohn

-US ARMY-