RoryCooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why Do people take the piss?

Hi I need motivating, I know i will continue to lift but not as much as I fort i would.

For some odd reason nearly everyone I know seems to take the piss that I want to become big and healthy. The only person that is actually helping me is my mom, She's helping me choose foods high in protien, helping me to make sure i eat every 2 hours and just genarelly supporting me. I just don't understand why people would take the piss. My cousins seems to think its a joke when ever I mention it and trys to put me of doing it. My brother laugh there 18 and 20 and I thought brothers were ment to be the ones supporting me the most, And just take the piss out of me taking protien powder... and anything else related to the matter. And my Dad kinda takes the piss out off me taking supplements.

Plus my girlfreind doesnt really want me to change she says she likes my figure.
    And my cousins probaly the closest person to me and i dont get why he would say this stuff.

I just dont realy understand why. Are they jelous? Do they not want me to change?

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They may not want you to.
    They may not expect you to.
    They may just be pricks.
    They may not have realistic expectations of what you can achieve. (the whole physical culture thing is a subculture that most people are pretty ignorant of)

Doesn't change the fact that improving your diet and working out will make a difference for you though.

Besides, other peoples' opinions will change over time but whether or not you're still steadfast on your goals is up to you. If you stick to it, it will improve your life and if it does that, it will change minds.

steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RoryCooper View Post
    The only person that is actually helping me is my mom, She's helping me choose foods high in protien, helping me to make sure i eat every 2 hours and just genarelly supporting me.
    Luckily, at your age, this is one of the main people you should be worrying about getting support from--especially considering she is making sure you are eating and has the ability to provide you meals every two hours. Not everyone will understand early on, but when you start making progress--and you will if you stay consistent--they will probably be more supportive or at least not make any negative comments towards you. However, you are very fortunate that your mother is there to help because many times it's your parents who wouldn't understand. I think you are in a very good position and have support from the most important person right now.

Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi I need motivating, I know i will continue to lift but not as much as I fort i would.

For some odd reason nearly everyone I know seems to take the piss that I want to become big and healthy. The only person that is actually helping me is my mom, She's helping me choose foods high in protien, helping me to make sure i eat every 2 hours and just genarelly supporting me. I just don't understand why people would take the piss. My cousins seems to think its a joke when ever I mention it and trys to put me of doing it. My brother laugh there 18 and 20 and I thought brothers were ment to be the ones supporting me the most, And just take the piss out of me taking protien powder... and anything else related to the matter. And my Dad kinda takes the piss out off me taking supplements.

Plus my girlfreind doesnt really want me to change she says she likes my figure.
    And my cousins probaly the closest person to me and i dont get why he would say this stuff.

I just dont realy understand why. Are they jelous? Do they not want me to change?
    I have to admit I'm sort of lost/confused with the piss thing. But, embracing the people who support you, and forgetting about the ones who don't would be a good rule of thumb. If they have nothing positive to add to what you're up to, then there is no reason for you to pay them any mind.

It does seem normal though for older brothers to give little brothers a hard time, no matter what the situation, because that's what older brothers are supposed to do most of the time. As for dad, maybe he just gives you a bit of a hard time because he wants to see what you've got and if you've got what it takes to keep going no matter what.

I also bet that no matter what your brothers and dad may show you on the outside...deep down on the inside they are probably pretty proud and impressed.
    The self has no boundaries except those it accepts out of Ignorance.

RoryCooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guy this helped alot. Cheers.

rem1956 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rem1956 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rem1956 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rem1956 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rem1956 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rem1956 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rem1956 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rem1956 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rem1956 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rem1956 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rem1956 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    YOU do what is right for YOU! YOU are the most important one. Others may try to sway you, ridicule you, tease you, etc. Ignore them. They are either insecure or uncaring....whatever....do what YOU feel is right for YOU. It is YOUR LIFE.

Good luck!

coke and hookers? IIFYM Verbalcody's Avatar
    Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    abandon your family, forget your friends, dump your bitch, hug your mom and get huge
    He learned no lessons
    He acknowledged no mistakes

WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The friends that try to discourage you now, are the friends that'll tell each other that you roid behind your back when you do get big. I know because one of my friends 16 yrs old around 160 lb weight benches 225+. And a lot of people including friends just talk **** about him roiding. He's obviously not the only one though. People usually feel inferior to bigger people therefore talk ****. Don't worry, just get big.
    Your brother and cousin don't want to feel small next to you
    Your girlfriend might be afraid of you turning into a douche/tool(see: mike-the situation)

WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannagethugeBra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also, I wish my mom was like yours she's against me taking any supps and the whole bodybuilding lifestyle, course I do it anyway.
    And most of my friends are *******s, just saying ill never be big and I'm just wasting my time, I ignore them because I know that when I'm where I plan to be they'll swallow their words.
    My closest friends are the ones who are supportive and some are even getting gym memberships to go to the gym with me and get big.
    All in all: ignore the haters

realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm not sure what all this talk about pissing is, but I usually piss a lot when I drink lots of water.

fr3sh504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fr3sh504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fr3sh504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fr3sh504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fr3sh504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fr3sh504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fr3sh504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fr3sh504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fr3sh504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fr3sh504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fr3sh504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    They are afraid you might become someTHING while they continue to live in a mediocre body.

lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've heard all kinds of different things from people about my diet/exercise habits. Some positive, some negative, and some from people who just don't get it. It's just something that happens.

Bottom line: people reacting in all kinds of various ways, some of them not favorable, is something you'll have to get used to, especially at first because you're making a big change. A year from now, once you've made gains and people have gotten used to it, people won't react so strongly anymore and will just let you do your thing. It'll just become a part of who you are and they'll accept it.

It's great that your mom is helping out too, not everyone has parents that take such a proactive role in their kids' fitness goals.

Just do what you want. When people help you tell them thanks, when they don't understand explain it to them, and when they try to discourage you just shrug your shoulders and forget about it, because it really doesn't matter. They could have any number of reasons for reacting that way; jealousy, thinking you can't do it, not wanting you to look different, whatever. Don't even think about that stuff. The only important thing is if someone tries to discourage you, just let it roll off with no effect.

And don't worry about the gf. When you get into better shape she'll be more than ok with it.

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You would be surprised to know what people who say negative things actually think, deep down inside. The guys that tell you that you cant do it or just think you are boring now that you dont go out and get drunk 4 times a week anymore: deep inside they are jealous. I am not saying this to make you feel better or to find an excuse for being focused on yourself, it is simply the truth. It is the same reason you respect a guy who looks big/muscular automatically because of how he looks, it is something every real man wants but only a few actually work for. Those who understand it takes a lot of dedication, perseverance and patience to reach their dream body are the ones who can make it. You need that work ethic, not a lot of guys have it. Those who put you down probably dont and making fun of you is how they try to make them feel better about themselves. Its all projection.
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

Jgray1319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jgray1319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would rather be in shape with tons of energy then be tired all the time and have a medicore body. Your girlfriend will support you along as you don't turn into the situation. You friends may be afraid that their girls will be checking you out later on then them. Go for the gold and don't look back.

OJW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OJW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OJW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OJW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OJW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OJW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OJW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The people who i call my 'friends' are the exact same. They say things like, "a normal 20yr old would be getting drunk and not worrying about what they eat" etc etc...

There was this one time when me and 2 friends were at the supermarket and we are at the checkout. I am holding a bottle of water and another friend has a 2L Coke, the third friend points to the coke and says, "thats what a normal, fun 20yr old should be drinking". I responded with "How is a 20yr old trying to be healthy and get big not normal?". He then just shut up...

I beleive its all jelously. In my case, my "friends" are just jelous that i can stick to my goals and they just lack the motivation.

Linkblaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hah! Your girlfriend is just worried you're going to get all yoked out and start pulling a bunch of trim.

im18watisthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) im18watisthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) im18watisthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) im18watisthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) im18watisthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) im18watisthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) im18watisthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) im18watisthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) im18watisthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) im18watisthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) im18watisthis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was about your weight at 16, look at avi now, lots of progress.
    Just turned 18.

Don't give up.

Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mate, like the others have said, feed off the support and use the piss-taking as motovation to "do it" and show them what you can achieve.

As for the girlfriend my wife has always said "I'm happy the way you are" and "Can't you just eat normally". My answer is always "Yes I can but I don't want to stay the same and that's the mos important thing!" She is understanding but sometimes other people just don't understand that I'm doing it because I WANT TO!

Do what is best for YOU and use this site for guidance and motivation aswell as those that support you in your aims.

Best of luck with your goals!

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by im18watisthis View Post
    I was about your weight at 16, look at avi now, lots of progress.
    Just turned 18.

Don't give up.
    Lol, telling the dude it's okay and referring to your own pics with a 'forever alone' face. nice irony in that one.

no srs, good physique dude. repped
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Ignore the naysayers. If anything, use what they say to feed your determination to beat them and prove them wrong.