PHDbroscience has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PHDbroscience has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PHDbroscience has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PHDbroscience has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PHDbroscience has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PHDbroscience has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PHDbroscience has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PHDbroscience has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PHDbroscience has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PHDbroscience has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PHDbroscience has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

PWO Shake affecting ketosis....

Hey guys, I'm currently 185, 14%BF and have been doing Keto for a cut this past week and a half. My first week my PWO Shake consisted of just 1 scoop on ON 100% Whey. After reading more information on here i decided to add dextrose as well. Every since I've started adding the dextrose, I've been being knocked out of ketosis,not just going by the ketostix, but I'm very tired, and have that "mind fog" feeling that i had when i first entered ketosis last week. By the end of last week i was full of energy and felt very alert. Im only talking 12g of dextrose, and my workouts tend to be fairly intense, as i can barely life another rep when im done.

-Has anyone else experienced this?

-Should i reduce my Dextrose to 8g (dextrose tablets come in 4g/tablet).

- Or do i just have high insulin sensitivity?

Rebelling in my psychosis thegymbum's Avatar
    thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would leave out the dextrose and see how it goes, particuarlly since it's making you feel lethargic when you do use it. You don't absolutely need carbohydrate, your body can make essential carbohydrates from proteins. I'd keep the whey but skip the dextrose and see how that makes you feel. Best of luck!

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i tried both ways before too.. i found i did better with out the carbs in my PWO shake... you dont need them anyway.. since keto is different for everyone the best thing is to try it both ways.. since you have and your body doenst seem to like, go back to what you were doing before
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

Ketogenic and Bionic. BritishFighter's Avatar
    BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    +1

I felt the same way a long time ago....that's basically why I switched to CKD.

Honestly, I was trying to do TKD when I hadn't been on keto very long. I think TKD is one of those things that require you to really have a hold on your blood sugar and insulin sensitivity. I would pop a couple of dextrose tablets immediately after my workout, and I would feel like shiit on a stick.....light headed....cloudy....etc.

I've recently been leaning back in that direction again after doing CKD for several months......the carb-ups left me feeling bad in such a way that I decided against them too. I've sworn-off carbs almost completely now, thanks to cereal (used to be my favorite thing in the world) giving me horrible stomach ache and gas (lovely!) every time I ate it. Being able to eat craps-tons of cereal used to be one of the reasons I carbed-up at all!

So anyway.....recently I've done the dextrose with my PWO a couple of times, and it hasn't affected me like it used to. I think it's because my insulin sensitivity is returning to normal, after all those years of eating utter crap. :-)

www.undergroundnutritionist.com

gwen88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BritishFighter View Post
    +1

Honestly, I was trying to do TKD when I hadn't been on keto very long. I think TKD is one of those things that require you to really have a hold on your blood sugar and insulin sensitivity. I would pop a couple of dextrose tablets immediately after my workout, and I would feel like shiit on a stick.....light headed....cloudy....etc.

I've recently been leaning back in that direction again after doing CKD for several months......the carb-ups left me feeling bad in such a way that I decided against them too. I've sworn-off carbs almost completely now, thanks to cereal (used to be my favorite thing in the world) giving me horrible stomach ache and gas (lovely!) every time I ate it. Being able to eat craps-tons of cereal used to be one of the reasons I carbed-up at all!

So anyway.....recently I've done the dextrose with my PWO a couple of times, and it hasn't affected me like it used to. I think it's because my insulin sensitivity is returning to normal, after all those years of eating utter crap. :-)
    So the only trace carbs you will be having are coming from vegetables, nuts, seeds?
    WOW - that's hard to do. But I know that YOU genuinely feel much better w/o the carbs. I really look forward to the weekends though - i don't pig out, but i really like things like Cap'n Crunch, Grape Nuts, etc... Since I'm right back to low carb come Monday morning, I feel that I won't suffer much damage and Carbs never really made me feel bad before. Who knows, maybe It will catch up with me someday.

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    +1

lol... werent you the dirty carb up promoter.... I still love my carb ups. i just dont over do it on cereals.. however if i eat to many simple carbs ( cookies, white rice.etc..) i feel like **** at the end of my carb up.
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

Ketogenic and Bionic. BritishFighter's Avatar
    BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Brianterz View Post
    lol... werent you the dirty carb up promoter.... I still love my carb ups. i just dont over do it on cereals.. however if i eat to many simple carbs ( cookies, white rice.etc..) i feel like **** at the end of my carb up.
    Yes...yes I was. :-)

the decision to quit with my carb-ups was 50/50 between two main reasons:

1. I got sick of feeling "weird" during my carb-ups. I couldn't think straight, and mostly felt drunk. Like I said, the bloating/gas and discomfort was horrible!

2. The more I read about sugar....and carbs on the whole..being the cause of SO MANY modern chronic diseases, the more I want to completely avoid those things. maybe it's an advanced state of paranoia, but I literally feel like I'm slowly poisoning myself if I even let a couple of grams of sugar slip past my lips. My Dad almost died of Leukemia, and I recently had a Pre-Melanoma mole removed from the top of my leg, where I've never got any sun. probably due to poor diet in the past, and lack of Vitamin D.

So...I guess I want to minimize the chances of feeding any cancer that I might have and don't know about, or causing any more through all of the metabolic and physiological pathways that I read so much about. I would really like to be around when my 8 year old son is older too. Like I said....it's borderline paranoia I know!

I'm really thinking of just going straight Keto....no carbs...ever. Except like Gwen said, trace carbs from veg and nuts etc.

www.undergroundnutritionist.com

malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes...yes I was. :-)

the decision to quit with my carb-ups was 50/50 between two main reasons:

1. I got sick of feeling "weird" during my carb-ups. I couldn't think straight, and mostly felt drunk. Like I said, the bloating/gas and discomfort was horrible!

2. The more I read about sugar....and carbs on the whole..being the cause of SO MANY modern chronic diseases, the more I want to completely avoid those things. maybe it's an advanced state of paranoia, but I literally feel like I'm slowly poisoning myself if I even let a couple of grams of sugar slip past my lips. My Dad almost died of Leukemia, and I recently had a Pre-Melanoma mole removed from the top of my leg, where I've never got any sun. probably due to poor diet in the past, and lack of Vitamin D.

So...I guess I want to minimize the chances of feeding any cancer that I might have and don't know about, or causing any more through all of the metabolic and physiological pathways that I read so much about. I would really like to be around when my 8 year old son is older too. Like I said....it's borderline paranoia I know!

I'm really thinking of just going straight Keto....no carbs...ever. Except like Gwen said, trace carbs from veg and nuts etc.
    yeah same thing happened to me when i started carbing up.... i find now when i am depleted, 2 sweet potatoes are awesome and that is it. i have tried squash and other starchy root veggies btu nothing leaves me feeling 'normal' like sweet taters

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    just because at time I think outside the lard ,, isnt teh backbone of ffa glycerides , which if you must google to see the function there-of .. im thinking along the lines of glycerol ..

soo .... wudnt minoot amount of <sp> sugar pwo help the ffa bind after the mild spike , and while bound or having "a lil more umph" for fuel , be burned more efficiently - be more "active" molecularly like ...

i began this theory while doin tkd , because it honestly seems to work much better for me after a certain point , of plateau especially .

yes, yes I was a lil high . why "/
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do not add dextrose to your pwo shake it will kick you out of ketosis
    Since we are ketogenic we do not need to spike our insulin levels PWO.

Plus I never saw good results with ON 100% whey, try using a whey protein isolate instead, there at gnc for like $22 for 2 lbs
    Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well

"one life one chance, dont take it for granted"

1k+ Every time all the time
    500+ sometimes

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What? Plenty of people get great results with ON whey.

PS: Ketosis is a side effect not a primary determinant of fatloss. It doesn't matter if you drop out for an hour.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    What? Plenty of people get great results with ON whey.

PS: Ketosis is a side effect not a primary determinant of fatloss. It doesn't matter if you drop out for an hour.
    idk, personally, id wrather use WPI

as for the dextrose, you dont need it, i never used it, and i dont think it is needed at all
    Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well

"one life one chance, dont take it for granted"

1k+ Every time all the time
    500+ sometimes