rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Favorite Keto friendly Protein Powder

GREETINGS,
    I am starting my KETO diet next week and I would like to incorporate a few protein drinks that are keto friendly. I am thinking of going with METABOLIC Drive low carb (4G) because that is what I used on the velocity diet.
    I know that real food is better, but I actually like the protein powders for a quick meal here and there.
    Does any have any suggestions or tips?

Thanks,

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Scivation Whey is about the best out there right now imo.

Optimum Nutrition is always good, too.

CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rothnroll View Post
    GREETINGS,
    I am starting my KETO diet next week and I would like to incorporate a few protein drinks that are keto friendly. I am thinking of going with METABOLIC Drive low carb (4G) because that is what I used on the velocity diet.
    I know that real food is better, but I actually like the protein powders for a quick meal here and there.
    Does any have any suggestions or tips?

Thanks,
    I don't think any protein powder is keto friendly anytime other than pwo (except maybe casein). The fast absorption (coupled with the sweetener/sugars that are often added) can trigger an insulin spike and kick u out of the keto club.
    10/1/14 - Currently cutting until I reach a single digit body fat level.
    Never stop pursuing your goals and believing in your dream.

rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) rothnroll is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CubeBreaker View Post
    I don't think any protein powder is keto friendly anytime other than pwo (except maybe casein). The fast absorption (coupled with the sweetener/sugars that are often added) can trigger an insulin spike and kick u out of the keto club.
    What is PWO?

The scivation whey is only 1g of carbs. How would that kick you out of ketosis?
    I understand the fast absorption, but you are only absorbing 1g of carbs.
    Thanks in advance.

and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What is PWO?

Thanks in advance.
    PWO=Post Work Out. I personally use good ol body fortress whey from wal-mart. Cheap, low in carbs, and gets the job done. Some people say its crap, however, I think if it works, then use it. Just use one that is low in carbs my friend. Most whey is good for keto. You dont have to beat yourself over the head over this. On the bb store, I think they have 100% ON whey, or something like that, looks pretty good, lots of flavors, and most of them are pretty low in carbs.
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Online Coaching darr_fit@yahoo.com
    Like me on ********:https://www.********.com/darrfitness
    "The strongest steel is forged in the fires of h*ll"

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CubeBreaker View Post
    Prove it. Not with speculation, but proof.

I understand the fast absorption,
    He's talking about the fast absorption of the protein.

And btw, with the Scivation, that 1g is fiber anyway.

GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Got a question and don't want to start a new thread. At present I'm taking Cyclone (my brother had loads left over and I couldn't afford to buy Whey, will buy some this week though) every day after I do weights, but never on cardio days. So I'm only really taking it 4 days a week, is that ok, or should I be taking it every day?

GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no full studies/articles/journals in direct relation to insulin spikes caused by solely by consumption of pure protein powder supplementation.

as long as it fits into your daily keto macros, you will be fine.

though we all know every bit counts, so why not try go for the best possible proteins anyway. so many out there (0 carb protein powders)
    > like VPX SRO/stealth zero carb or inner armor i****xx, etc.

casein is good to have before bed so your body doesnt go into catabolism (especially on a cut) and influences muscle growth and repair (with adequate nutrition and training).

with PWO powders, most will tend to add in extra post workout carbs anyway for a little insulin spike and whatnot. so usually its not of significance whether the protein powder has 1 or 2g carbs per serve.
    Mind over Matter

Originally Posted by GavinT View Post
    no full studies/articles/journals in direct relation to insulin spikes caused by solely by consumption of pure protein powder supplementation.

as long as it fits into your daily keto macros, you will be fine.

though we all know every bit counts, so why not try go for the best possible proteins anyway. so many out there (0 carb protein powders)
    > like VPX SRO/stealth zero carb or inner armor i****xx, etc.

casein is good to have before bed so your body doesnt go into catabolism (especially on a cut) and influences muscle growth and repair (with adequate nutrition and training).

with PWO powders, most will tend to add in extra post workout carbs anyway for a little insulin spike and whatnot. so usually its not of significance whether the protein powder has 1 or 2g carbs per serve.
    I find it easier to stay on the KETO diet when I drink the proten powder. I feel better, with more energy.. plus some of them taste pretty decent.

CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    Prove it. Not with speculation, but proof.
    It can't be proven definitively, either way. Everyone has varying tolerances for ketosis/insulin, some more sensitive than others (especially when inducting). Everyone is also at a different weight/body composition. I was erring on the side of caution because imho, I think its better to go by the book (or forum in this case) at first and adjust from there, than to see what you can/can't get away with and possibly stall and not know why.

I made the mistake of using artificial sweeteners for the first couple weeks and definitely stalled because I didn't realize they were a problem for me. I would have saved myself time and frustration by just sticking with what is suggested in the stickies.

I don't know any specifics about the op, so I took it back to the basics. Not claiming to be an expert, just trying to be helpful.
    Last edited by CubeBreaker; 10-25-2010 at 11:03 AM.
    10/1/14 - Currently cutting until I reach a single digit body fat level.
    Never stop pursuing your goals and believing in your dream.

denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    uhhh did you guys forget about Nature's Best Isopure?

160 cal
    0 fat
    0 carb
    0 sugars
    40g protein

that's what i use pwo

Originally Posted by denverizzles View Post
    uhhh did you guys forget about Nature's Best Isopure?

160 cal
    0 fat
    0 carb
    0 sugars
    40g protein

that's what i use pwo
    I thought ISOPURE Zero Carb has 3g Carbs, even though it's called Zero Carb?
    I can't post pics yet, but look at the label. No?

denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im looking at the bottle right now, it has ZERO carbs and 40g of protein. How can you go wrong? oh and with no sugars...

I thought ISOPURE Zero Carb has 3g Carbs, even though it's called Zero Carb?
    I can't post pics yet, but look at the label. No?
    It varies based on flavor. Some are zero.

JarrodAlston has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Protein in itself is broken down by the liver into insulin causing your ketogenic living to go to the dogs, if you want to stay in ketosis then its best to consume a lot of meat and fish to get your protein. Don't eat to much of the lean meats, because you will be using fat for energy now. For 200lb bodybuilder that person would consume about 150 grams of meat protein or 600 calories of protein.
    What is PWO?

Thanks in advance.

mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by denverizzles View Post
    im looking at the bottle right now, it has ZERO carbs and 40g of protein. How can you go wrong? oh and with no sugars...
    because large amounts of protein is insulinogenic.

texanindenver will become famous soon enough. (+50) texanindenver will become famous soon enough. (+50) texanindenver will become famous soon enough. (+50) texanindenver will become famous soon enough. (+50) texanindenver will become famous soon enough. (+50) texanindenver will become famous soon enough. (+50) texanindenver will become famous soon enough. (+50) texanindenver will become famous soon enough. (+50) texanindenver will become famous soon enough. (+50) texanindenver will become famous soon enough. (+50) texanindenver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like the dutch chocolate isopure and its one of the ones with 3g carbs. To me 3g is still not a problem

blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My breakfast is one scoop ON, with two tablespoons Kirkland natty PB, I don't have any problems with it. 11g net I think.
    Previous: 270+ lbs.
    down to 165 +/-

Current: 190 lbs.