AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I take a fat burner? Oxyelite Pro + Cla?

Hi. I'm new to BodyBuilding.com and I could really use some help. Well I recently lost 35 pounds, the first 30 pounds came off pretty fast, within 3 months. I exercise 5-6x a week doing cardio and weights for atleast 1 hr a day. For the past couple of months the weight has been coming off very slowly. I'm 5"3 and 153 lbs now, I still want to lose another 20-30 lbs. Since the weight is coming off so slow and I have alot of body fat I was thinking about taking a fat burner but I'm not sure. OxyElite Pro has gotten good reviews so I was thinking of taking that and maybe CLA. Will those work together? I need some help!

Thanks

surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AFocused1 View Post
    Hi. I'm new to BodyBuilding.com and I could really use some help. Well I recently lost 35 pounds, the first 30 pounds came off pretty fast, within 3 months. I exercise 5-6x a week doing cardio and weights for atleast 1 hr a day. For the past couple of months the weight has been coming off very slowly. I'm 5"3 and 153 lbs now, I still want to lose another 20-30 lbs. Since the weight is coming off so slow and I have alot of body fat I was thinking about taking a fat burner but I'm not sure. OxyElite Pro has gotten good reviews so I was thinking of taking that and maybe CLA. Will those work together? I need some help!

Thanks
    It would totally be your choice...but....if you post up your diet for example: how many calories you eat in a day and what your macro breakdown is...we could give you some feedback. This is often where the problem lies.

ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What you are experiencing is your body's natural ability to adapt to the stresses you've placed on it. For the first three months your body was caught completely off guard by your new found workout routine. Adaptation is pretty much the reason humans rule the planet, so it's not necessariliy a bad thing! BUT it can make it difficult to slog through those last few pounds.

It's time to change it up some. Rethink your workout program, I'm not saying change everything, but you probably need to make some slight changes to what your doing.

Do you workout fasted? Have you incorporated any High Intensity Interval Training(HIIT)?

Maybe change up your weight training splits, use supersets, or you may just need to ratchet up the intenisty in the gym(less rest between sets). Or you may need to ratchet down the discipline in the kitchen.

On the supps, skip the thermal(oxylite), but essential fatty acids (Omega-3/6, AA, ALA, CLA, ect) should already be a part of your diet.

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thanks
    I've started taking OxyElite Pro 3 weeks ago and I do (almost) fasted low to moderate steady state cardio everymorning (10g BCAA before). A little over 4 weeks before that I took Ripped Fuel Extreme (my first fat burner).

I have pretty good muscle mass but need to lose fat. I was 200lbs with about (estimated 19% bodyfat) and now I am 189 (estimating about 16% bodyfat) and am leaning out nicely. I've done HITT and fasted LISS and I haven't experienced any noticeable muscle loss (body looks more defined and no strength loss). I take OxyElite Pro, mega-doss ON BCAA, take ON HydroWhey and Jay Robb Egg Protein, as well as AEN Pre-Surge pills.
    Adding OxyElite Pro, along with training, and a clean diet (with one cheat day) is working for me nicely.
    In comparison, although I like Ripped Fuel Extreme, it was a "rougher ride" in comparison to OxyElite (caffeine). OxyElite just feels cleaner IMO. I am more than satisfied with it. But the rush of OxyElite wears off (for me at least) after about 1 and 1/2 weeks but you still feel the effects.

Sidebar word of advice about HITT though.....Although I've been training for a few years I am still not ripped, so I've been going "balls to the wall" for the past 8 weeks to reach my goal.
    I switched between AM HITT and Moderate Intensity (5 to 8 MPH) interval training on treadmill about 2-5 days a week and PM lifted 3-4 days a week for about 6 weeks straight. Between constantly pounding my feet against the treadmill, increasing my deadlifts, and squats, 2 weeks ago, I damn near fracture my right heel (I developed fluid (edema) in my calcaneus)). Treadmill HITT + Deadlifts + Squats + Driving everyday put ALOT of wear and tear on your heels. With BCAAs and adequate Protein, my muscles recovered easily between workouts but my bones did not. I say that to say if you are a bigger guy, be aware of that with HITT if you run. Sucks because I won't be able to run, do deads or squats for another 2 months. I didn't appreciate how much I rely on my heels until now. HITT does rev up your metabolism dramatically though!

Okay anyway, for the past 2 weeks, I switched over to hour long boring low to moderate steady state on the stationary bike with resistance at 8-10/20 everyday since my heel messed up and I feel like I lost more fat with low to moderate steady state keeping my heart rate 130-149 (about 8lbs along) with the OxyElite than with treadmill HITT.
    Last edited by k9pit; 10-26-2010 at 12:10 PM.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    DOn't waste your money on OTC fat burners. They are useless and nothing more than marketing hype by supplement companies.

Tweak your diet and training program. That always works.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    DOn't waste your money on OTC fat burners. They are useless and nothing more than marketing hype by supplement companies.

Tweak your diet and training program. That always works.
    yeah, what he said...

Originally Posted by k9pit View Post
    I've started taking OxyElite Pro 3 weeks ago and I do (almost) fasted low to moderate steady state cardio everymorning (10g BCAA before). A little over 4 weeks before that I took Ripped Fuel Extreme (my first fat burner).

I have pretty good muscle mass but need to lose fat. I was 200lbs with about (estimated 19% bodyfat) and now I am 189 (estimating about 16% bodyfat) and am leaning out nicely. I've done HITT and fasted LISS and I haven't experienced any noticeable muscle loss (body looks more defined and no strength loss). I take OxyElite Pro, mega-doss ON BCAA, take ON HydroWhey and Jay Robb Egg Protein, as well as AEN Pre-Surge pills.
    Adding OxyElite Pro, along with training, and a clean diet (with one cheat day) is working for me nicely.
    In comparison, although I like Ripped Fuel Extreme, it was a "rougher ride" in comparison to OxyElite (caffeine). OxyElite just feels cleaner IMO. I am more than satisfied with it. But the rush of OxyElite wears off (for me at least) after about 1 and 1/2 weeks but you still feel the effects.

Sidebar word of advice about HITT though.....Although I've been training for a few years I am still not ripped, so I've been going "balls to the wall" for the past 8 weeks to reach my goal.
    I switched between AM HITT and Moderate Intensity (5 to 8 MPH) interval training on treadmill about 2-5 days a week and PM lifted 3-4 days a week for about 6 weeks straight. Between constantly pounding my feet against the treadmill, increasing my deadlifts, and squats, 2 weeks ago, I damn near fracture my right heel (I developed fluid (edema) in my calcaneus)). Treadmill HITT + Deadlifts + Squats + Driving everyday put ALOT of wear and tear on your heels. With BCAAs and adequate Protein, my muscles recovered easily between workouts but my bones did not. I say that to say if you are a bigger guy, be aware of that with HITT if you run. Sucks because I won't be able to run, do deads or squats for another 2 months. I didn't appreciate how much I rely on my heels until now. HITT does rev up your metabolism dramatically though!

Okay anyway, for the past 2 weeks, I switched over to hour long boring low to moderate steady state on the stationary bike with resistance at 8-10/20 everyday since my heel messed up and I feel like I lost more fat with low to moderate steady state keeping my heart rate 130-149 (about 8lbs along) with the OxyElite than with treadmill HITT.
    First, its "HIIT", High Intensity Interval Training, I don't know what HITT is supposed to be. I never do HIIT on a treadmill, for the very reason you just pointed out(sorry about your injury by the way, sounds crappy), no matter how hard you try you are going to alter your natural gait on a treadmill. The whole point of HIIT is to SPRINT LIKE YOU STOLE SOMETHIN'! This means you should be ON YOUR TOES for the entire sprint cycle, and the impact on your heals during the rest cycle should be minimal.

K9Pit: Think outside the box man, I do HIIT all the time on the various cardio machines in my gym, the Bike and row machine are super flexible machines and HIIT on the row machine is like none other.

kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thanks
    Though I do think fat burners are a huge load of bull**** what I do believe in is the appitite suppressants in oxyelite they are really really strong I did not want to eat anything especially junk food...........Just remember its all you diet and exercise and if it is not working switch it up and try a new routine that will shock your body, but everybody is right OTC fat burners will never burn fat , they help increase calorie expenditure WHILE you exercise and thats is the only solid proof they have to show...

AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFocused1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for all the advice!

Location: KINGSTON UPTON THAMES, SURREY, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    lieweheksie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fatburners and CLA

Whats the point of taking a good thermal fat burner and using CLA in your plan as well??? Cla is a fat also... conflicting??? Confused

xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for all the advice!
    Caffine pills if its extra energy your after.
    "You Will Finally See, That I Am In Truth, The Superior One. The True Alpha Male."

ICF 5x5 since 6/22/13

•Japanese brah•

haneenelias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by surfergirl36 View Post
    It would totally be your choice...but....if you post up your diet for example: how many calories you eat in a day and what your macro breakdown is...we could give you some feedback. This is often where the problem lies.
    hello am so new at this, an am taking oxyelite + cla
    am maintaining my carbs and eatin proten in general im eating less than i ever done and vegetables and fruits
    also am not drinkin soda or such beverages ,, but its my 6 th day and no change at allllll
    so can anyone tell me was it the same with them or is it just me

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EC stack is effective and a lot cheaper than OEP. Like most have said, it really come's down to diet but EC gives you a small metabolic advantage and has great appetite suppressing qualities.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831