Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Feng-Hi is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Ignorance addressed!

Evening, I've spent the day wandering around the forums looking up bits and bobs in respect of where I'm trying to take myself physically.

I'm now asking for some advice, at the moment my aims seem to contradict themselves, I'm wanting a more defined physique whilst at the same time wanting more size on the arms, chest and shoulders. I'm floundering on where to put my diet. I do count my calories and average up to 1900 a day!

At the moment I think my diet is simply lacking in some areas. I'm unsure whether I need to bulk, cut or maintain in order to get somewhere near my results. At the moment I am noticing good changes in my physique but I'm not sure if I'll be getting a good stomach!

When I look through the pictures I've been taking since getting "serious" about achieving something out of the gym I DO see a difference, I feel better and know that there have been improvements. I just don't know if I'm maximising/getting the best out of what I'm doing.

Typical outline of a day (food-wise is):

Breakfast
    50g of oats cooked in water with tbsp golden syrup

After-workout
    Protein shake (My Protein Whey Isolate 3 scoops with water)

Dinner
    Tuna with grated cheese on wholemeal bread (grilled)

Tea
    Chicken with.....something (rice and low-fate curry or vegetables) -OR-
    Beef with....something (pasta or veg)

Snacks
    Apples or other fruit

TREATS (once a week)
    Ice cream or glass or two of white wine!

Workouts:

Day 1
    Bench Press 10x10
    Bent barbell row 10x10
    Dumbell Fly 3x10
    Close grip pulldown 3x10
    Weighted sit-ups 10x10

Day 2
    Barbell squat (Smiths) 10x10
    Leg curl 10x10
    Calf raises 3x10
    Hanging leg raises 3x10
    Crunches 10x20

Day 3
    Close grip bench press 10x10
    Barbell curl 10x10
    Side raises 3x10
    Seated side raises 3x10

Cardio as I say is running varying from shorts (1-2 mile) to a weekly longer run (3-4+ mile).

I'm logging all my workouts on a freebie Android app on my phone, runs/cardio on RunKeeper and food on another phone app.

Workouts, I'm doing German Volume Training routines sourced off the BB site which I always "feel" are working. I'm also running up to 7/8 miles a week, a few 1-2 miles and then a 3-4 miler on a Sunday. Gym is usually 50-65 mins Mon, Weds and Fridays but these days can change when work/life throw challenges. I also normally get workouts completed BEFORE 1300 each day. Being married with two kids this is the most I can get away with without upsetting "the boss" :-).

I have tried other workout routines over the years but the ones I'm on now I actually feel a good "ache" after the gym knowing I'm hitting the right body parts!!!

The only supp I use aside from Whey Isolate is Jack3d for the boost, I did try AlphaBurn but found it did nothing for me so scrapped it!

SO after all the babble.......

Do I bulk, do I cut, do I maintain?
    Is the food too little/lacking etc?
    Essentially.....where am I going wrong....and on the off chance where am I going right?

I'd appreciate some advice/guidance from those having achieved or working to achieve or hell from anyone!

Cheers in advance!

coke and hookers? IIFYM Verbalcody's Avatar
    Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you giving the gut the old suck in in that picture?

If so, cut

If not, bulk

Done deal!